forum

KOAN Sound x Culprate x Asa x Gemini - Beyond The Shadows

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
hi-mei
some people cant read the description, which clearly tells that

HITSOUNDS ARE W I P (WORK IN PROGRESS, NOT READY YET)
Izzywing
Hey, just wanna mention that it's unrankable to use red lines to manipulate slider velocity.

Good luck with the map :)
Topic Starter
hi-mei

Hobbes2 wrote:

Hey, just wanna mention that it's unrankable to use red lines to manipulate slider velocity.

Good luck with the map :)
fixed everything
Jakomo73

Jakomo73 wrote:

http://www.koansound.com/releases/beyond-the-shadows/
artist is KOAN Sound x Culprate x Asa x Gemini Koan sound officially has the artist like this, along with Inspected which the track was released under. I suggest you use this. MrSuicideSheep is not a valid metadata source

need tags and another combo color mb on combo colors, thought it was 3 in new rc

-himei wrote:

http://puu.sh/uNTzH/93e13f030a.jpg
yes, you did hexigrid, but doesnt mean you cant keep the structure in your shapes / angles.

-himei wrote:

00:56:121 (6) - for all of these sliders in the whole section, there is a huge clap, but no hitsound to compliment it
maybe you should read the description? eh?
why are u asking for m4ms on an incomplete map? but ye, srry i guess xd

-himei wrote:

00:55:264 (2,3,4) - Lot of spacing inconsistencies like what i linked compared to 00:56:978 (2,3,4) -
i wont ever use a DS in 4*+ map. ever.- still need similar spacing for similar rhythms. I don't use DS either but it's just a part of structure for a map. Large spacing differences between exactly the same rhythm are not very intuitive.

-himei wrote:

01:00:407 (2,3,4,5) - why is the spacing so much different between all of these?
you asking me? or you modding it? if you see a problem, better suggest something.
but for that place, each of the jump is structured, it uses sliders to make the player understand the rhythm, spacing here uses some variety that is allowed.

it should be obvious to you that i am modding it by pointing out that it doesn't seem to have any rationality behind it in my eyes and am asking for clarification if it is indeed intentional. I won't get nazi with 2,3,4 despite still believing that they should have the same spacing, but to me there doesn't seem to be any reason to have 4 > 5 more than double the spacing between 3 > 4. 3,4,5 are all very similar sounds/beats so should have similar DS.

-himei wrote:

01:01:478 - this is a pretty big drum beat, and if that doesnt interest you, 01:01:514 - this is a second wub sound, but theyre all fit together under 01:01:264 (6) - this slider. Especially in a section of the music without much differences between measures, these differences should be accentuated
honestly you are starting to triggering me so badly from this one and so on.
basically, the slider has 2 wubs that should not but separated for map consistency.
01:01:478 - this is the second one, which is put on the red anchor and it changes the direction after that

The red nodes have lost their meaning in this section, with lots of non-drum sliders having this similar change in direction. 00:59:550 (6) - 01:04:693 (6) - 01:06:407 (6) - it feels literally the same as these and many more. There is no emphasis despite the direction change due to the structure of the other sliders in this section.

-himei wrote:

01:01:800 (1) - need to work on blankets like this throughout the whole map
@ lol it feels like you are trolling me
No. I'm not. The aesthetics of this map need a lot of improvement, https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7592029 https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7592030
blankets like these aren't really acceptable to the map and make it look a lot worse. These were just two quick examples, if you want me to go through each and every one (including the much worse ones) and waste both of our times, let me know i guess.

-himei wrote:

should add a note at 01:07:300 -
????? :D
Slider 2 ends on a sound extremely similar to the one where i linked, but up to you to apply it i guess.

-himei wrote:

01:08:121 (6) - two big sounds missed. This measure is completely different from the others, yet it is mapped in the same style which doesnt make sense with the music and it's transition between mini-sections
dont you understand that its a rhythm+structure thing? its the same for each of the sound phrase. i wont break it.
Yes. I understand rhythm and structure. The other sounds which this slider follows do not overlap the sounds. As I've mentioned, with a song such as this with many repeating rhythms, for the sections which are different, they need to be exaggerated in order to fit the music, as due to the sectioning and repetition of the music, these phrases' differences are exaggerated already. Having the same rhythm as the rest of the song simply doesn't fit, especially when you have to miss strong sounds to justify it.

-himei wrote:

01:20:657 (1) - what is this slider-end mapped to?
@ to the continuation of the 01:20:657 - sound
This is a quick drum beat, there is no continuation of the sound. You can argue that it's a kick slider, but 3 is the exact same sound but isn't a kick slider. Along with this, 1 and 2 are mapped very similarly to the rest of the section in terms of DS and slider shape despite being different rhythmically. And in a song which has very little variation in it's rhythms, the ones which are different stick out even more. However, your map doesn't reflect this.

-himei wrote:

00:58:371 (1,2) -
01:50:657 (4) - miss a ton of sounds with this slider
you could check the previous mods in regards of this place, i explained it twice already
02:27:943 (3) - so many missed sounds
^
https://puu.sh/uO2LQ/1cfcc40864.png
I don't agree with your previous explanations, but I wont keep this very long. You can follow the sound while still having hittable objects which follow the general "wiggliness". If you were unable to find a suitable rhythm for a series of sounds, try getting someone else to take a look and give you rhythm suggestions. It's not really a good excuse for ignoring strong sounds since its too hard to map. If its too hard to map, then you shouldntve picked the song.

-himei wrote:

02:51:514 - this break is 50 seconds. Thats way too long. I know there arent too many sounds but there are instruments in the bg you can map to
i know, but i cant do anything about it
I gave you a suggestion, yes there is something you can do about it. I've seen BNs complain about 15 seconds before. Someone could play haitai within this time.

-himei wrote:

04:18:193 (1,2) - too similar to figure out the difference in ticks
lol does it even matter, you just keep the cursor there and thats it
yeah it does matter because it allows you to gauge when the next note is coming without the assistance of approach circles. Especially at insane+ maps, this is important because players read ahead, and are not going to focus on the next approach circle. It's simple to fix, you just overstate 2's SV so that it is obvious they are different. Currently their size isn't much bigger than the slider ball, so they still look exactly the same. Having intuitive rhythms and readable objects is important to any map.

-himei wrote:

04:23:871 (4,1) - completely different sounds but mapped exactly the same way
do you know the rc? it should have 1/4 gap at least to be rankable, and the emphasis tell me that spacing there should not be too high
my bad, should explain i meant 04:24:514 (1) - for 1. I know the rc. However, you probably won't bother changing this anyway.

-himei wrote:

04:37:585 (4) - this gimmick is only seen here throughout the map, doesnt really fit the structure
wont comment on this one
Why not? It doesn't make sense to increase the difficulty of reading for literally one slider. This type of stream into slider is a gimmick, and it is only this one time. Makes this pattern extremely confusing for players to read on their first go. If you want to have this space you can offset 4's path from the stream more than you have already.

-himei wrote:

04:39:942 (1) - why isn't this in the middle of the "flower" shape? would make more sense
because of the emphasis? 04:39:942 (1) - this is super strong sound, if i put it in the middle of the flower it wont get any difference from previous notes.
I think having it in the middle by itself and changing the flow of the stream is emphasis enough, but that's more-so personal opinion. I can understand your point of view

-himei wrote:

04:54:656 - should add a note here thats nc'd along with nc'ing 04:54:621 (3) - if you add it
it feels like your kiddng me
my bad on this, was hearing it as a new sound and not a continuation of 3

-himei wrote:

05:20:871 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - this is impossible to read
im ok with that
Players won't be. I don't think this needs any further explaining.

Edit: not sure what gave u the idea that my sentences were "edgy", not that it takes away from the mod anyway. The mod followed code of conduct.
Topic Starter
hi-mei
ok
Jakomo73

-himei wrote:

ok
srsly just go away, the entire modhelp was laughing at you when i linked ur mod, at least i tried to explain why u are wrong, but i wont do that for the second time
Pika saying one thing about shoving stuff down your throat and you spamming isnt exactly entirety of modhelp laughing at me. Even if they were, it doesnt matter to me. It doesn't make sense to ignore the explanations and to explain your reasoning besides the fact that you don't have a solid enough argument.
Topic Starter
hi-mei
ok you are right, sorry for my behavior and thanks for mod
PandaHero

-himei wrote:

wont comment on this one
Why you are so rude again? Some people really wants to help you, spend their time on your map, suggesting you smth that they find useful. But you reject their mods with edgy words instead of calmly explain why you didn't accept their suggestions.

You know, as a modder I don't want to touch your maps anymore.

One day nobody will help you with your maps because of it.
Respect other people, and they will respect you. This is all I want to say for now.
Topic Starter
hi-mei

PandaHero wrote:

-himei wrote:

wont comment on this one
Why you are so rude again? Some people really wants to help you, spend their time on your map, suggesting you smth that they find useful. But you reject their mods with edgy words instead of calmly explain why you didn't accept their suggestions.

You know, as a modder I don't want to touch your maps anymore.

One day nobody will help you with your maps because of it.
Respect other people, and they will respect you. This is all I want to say for now.
ты же сказала, что не будешь модить

зачем ты заходжишь в мои топики, пишешь что-то?
я не понимаю

я устал от бесполезных модов от людей которые не понимают в маппинге ровным счетом ни-че-го, и на моды которые только меня триггерят я буду соответствующе отвечать
тот мод выше - яркий тому пример, человек абсолютно не понимает что и зачем.

ах да, можешь не писать тут ничего, мне абсолютно все равно
PandaHero

-himei wrote:

ты же сказала, что не будешь модить

зачем ты заходжишь в мои топики, пишешь что-то?
я не понимаю

я устал от бесполезных модов от людей которые не понимают в маппинге ровным счетом ни-че-го, и на моды которые только меня триггерят я буду соответствующе отвечать
тот мод выше - яркий тому пример, человек абсолютно не понимает что и зачем.

ах да, можешь не писать тут ничего, мне абсолютно все равно
Модить тебе я ничего буду. Я просто не смогла пройти мимо. Триггерят тебя подобные моды или нет, существует такое понятие как вежливость, и не стоит относиться к людям как к говну, даже если они (о ужас) не такие опытные в маппинге, как бы тебе хотелось.

Если ты хочешь качественных модов, снайпи очереди хороших модеров и проси моды у них. Только вот сомневаюсь, что кто-то будет тебе их писать.

Ну да ладно, не буду разводить тут дискуссию и пытаться тебе что-либо объяснить, ты мальчик уже большой.
Topic Starter
hi-mei
ок
tatemae
m4m

• [Insane]
  1. 00:06:943 (1) - можно потратить немного времени и сделать круг ровнее, что прибавило бы эстетичности, как ты сделал это тут 00:20:657 (1) -
  2. 02:18:621 (1) - лучше сделать реверс на красном тике, так как там пик этого звука, точно также, как ты сделал тут 01:01:264 (6) - начал слайдер с более сильного момента
  3. 03:37:800 (1) - обычно ты начинаешь со специфик слайдера, что более подходит к стилю карты
  4. 04:18:621 (2) - тут новый компонент в музыке, в 25% слышен такой треск, реверс бы на него еще один
  5. 04:34:371 (1,1) - почему они одинаковые, если звуки различаются в громкости? Увеличить бы св на первом, чтобы лучше отразить в музыке увеличение громкости на втором реверсе
  6. 04:39:942 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - тут тоже было бы прикольно постепенно наращивать спейснг, в соответствии с громкостью
  7. 04:43:907 (5) - а это, кажется, анранк
  8. 05:02:014 (3,4) - не вижу какой-то крайней необходимости в этом оверлапе, он не влияет на флоу или структуру, а вот эстетика из-за него страдает
  9. 05:15:085 (3) - чот мерзко как-то, если на это не был расчет
  10. 03:14:657 (1) - тут твой слайдер должен был закончиться, дабы было консистентно с 03:08:657 (2) - оканчиваться должны на одинаковых звуках
В общем, не знаю что тут моддить особо, карта на 1/2 состоит из слайдер-артов, причем как хороших, таких и плохих, местами вообще напоминает A-L-I-E-N, но, полагаю, на это и был расчет. Не вижу смысла моддить что-то еще, так что мод получается небольшой. Можешь не моддить все диффы в моем мапсете.
laura-
[Where the heavens play]

00:27:514 (1) - this whole circle only part is a bit boring to play. can u place some sliders maybe? if u repeat this rythm it should play better.

01:50:657 (3) - shouldn't be so fast. doesn't fit the music. i suggest 1,70x

01:54:407 (2,3) - that circle is confusing for a 4,64* map.

02:03:514 (1,2,3,4) - you forget a few sounds. this rythm should be better. (ignore how the sliders are placed)

02:12:514 (3) - should end on the blue tick

02:13:800 (1,2,3,4) - again forget some sounds

02:18:621 (1,2) - since this is the first time where you used this reverse-arrow-pattern i think the spacing with the circle is a bit too large because as player i had no idea when to stop holding the slider

02:30:514 (5) - avoid ending sliders on strong beats

02:38:657 (2,3) - spacing between these 2 is too low

02:32:871 (2,3) - i think this plays better like this

04:31:371 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - very hard pattern :C

04:34:157 (4,1) - map a little slider here?

05:20:871 (1,2,3,4,1) - creative, but too hard

05:23:657 (1,2) - slider would fit better here

05:27:085 (4,1) - ^

06:09:836 (1) - build a new spinner here, because the sound drastically changes

nazi stuff:

00:13:800 (1) - looks better if u make the first red point to a grey one

02:22:693 (1,2) - fix overlap of the sliderends

pretty cool map! you have awesome slider arts! i hope my mod helps

m4m: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1214673
Topic Starter
hi-mei

Loreley wrote:

m4m

• [Insane]
  1. 00:06:943 (1) - можно потратить немного времени и сделать круг ровнее, что прибавило бы эстетичности, как ты сделал это тут 00:20:657 (1) -
    пофиксил
  2. 02:18:621 (1) - лучше сделать реверс на красном тике, так как там пик этого звука, точно также, как ты сделал тут 01:01:264 (6) - начал слайдер с более сильного момента
    шппение начинается 02:18:621 - тут, как бы все оправдано
  3. 03:37:800 (1) - обычно ты начинаешь со специфик слайдера, что более подходит к стилю карты
    ок переделал
  4. 04:18:621 (2) - тут новый компонент в музыке, в 25% слышен такой треск, реверс бы на него еще один
    по правилам РЦ тут должен быть спейс 1\4
  5. 04:34:371 (1,1) - почему они одинаковые, если звуки различаются в громкости? Увеличить бы св на первом, чтобы лучше отразить в музыке увеличение громкости на втором реверсе
    пофиксил
  6. 04:39:942 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - тут тоже было бы прикольно постепенно наращивать спейснг, в соответствии с громкостью
    в инсейне нельзя использовать спейсинг стримы по правилам рц
  7. 04:43:907 (5) - а это, кажется, анранк
    изменил немного
  8. 05:02:014 (3,4) - не вижу какой-то крайней необходимости в этом оверлапе, он не влияет на флоу или структуру, а вот эстетика из-за него страдает
    убрал
  9. 05:15:085 (3) - чот мерзко как-то, если на это не был расчет
    @ пофиксил
  10. 03:14:657 (1) - тут твой слайдер должен был закончиться, дабы было консистентно с 03:08:657 (2) - оканчиваться должны на одинаковых звуках
    ты видимо перепутал ссылки
В общем, не знаю что тут моддить особо, карта на 1/2 состоит из слайдер-артов, причем как хороших, таких и плохих, местами вообще напоминает A-L-I-E-N, но, полагаю, на это и был расчет. Не вижу смысла моддить что-то еще, так что мод получается небольшой. Можешь не моддить все диффы в моем мапсете.
спасибо
Topic Starter
hi-mei

-Tatsuo wrote:

[Where the heavens play]

00:27:514 (1) - this whole circle only part is a bit boring to play. can u place some sliders maybe? if u repeat this rythm it should play better.
wil reconsider that part
01:50:657 (3) - shouldn't be so fast. doesn't fit the music. i suggest 1,70x
ok
01:54:407 (2,3) - that circle is confusing for a 4,64* map.
fixed
02:03:514 (1,2,3,4) - you forget a few sounds. this rythm should be better. (ignore how the sliders are placed)
i dont want to overmap this
02:12:514 (3) - should end on the blue tick
ok
02:13:800 (1,2,3,4) - again forget some sounds
i dont want to overmap this
02:18:621 (1,2) - since this is the first time where you used this reverse-arrow-pattern i think the spacing with the circle is a bit too large because as player i had no idea when to stop holding the slider
ok
02:30:514 (5) - avoid ending sliders on strong beats
its ok for the pattern itself
02:38:657 (2,3) - spacing between these 2 is too low
fixed
02:32:871 (2,3) - i think this plays better like this
i dont think its noticeable during the gameplay
04:31:371 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - very hard pattern :C
wwww
04:34:157 (4,1) - map a little slider here?
added a sliderend on blue tick
05:20:871 (1,2,3,4,1) - creative, but too hard
wwwwwww
05:23:657 (1,2) - slider would fit better here
i want a different pattern here
05:27:085 (4,1) - ^
^
06:09:836 (1) - build a new spinner here, because the sound drastically changes

nazi stuff:

00:13:800 (1) - looks better if u make the first red point to a grey one
idk what u mean
02:22:693 (1,2) - fix overlap of the sliderends
ok

pretty cool map! you have awesome slider arts! i hope my mod helps

m4m: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1214673
thanks
SCANDiO
карта годная

в целом, можно было бы еще добавить теги, а то пусто как-то
00:59:228 (5) - ctrl+g для флоу после 00:58:943 (3,4) -
02:27:943 (3) - попробуй сделать так, чтобы тут слайдеры и кружочки дополняли картину. все эти вжухи и вжихи очень сочно смотрятся, а этот слайдер выглядит как-то неуместно.
04:15:943 (3,4) - уменьши дистанцию, она как-то чересчур большая, если приравнивать ее к шкале сверху(не помню название, но пусть будет шкала)
04:29:657 (5,6) - ^
05:59:871 - 06:10:371 - сделай плз что-нибудь с этим, а то такой длинный спиннер выматывает все соки. добавь какие-нибудь кружочки и слайдеры под вокал мб, спиннер просто слишком длинный.
01:49:800 - попробуй здесь добавить киаи, а здесь - 02:15:514 - остановить
02:17:443 - 02:45:407 - аналогично
05:08:657 - 05:36:086 - аналогично

я очень плоха в моддинге музла такого подтипа, но думаю, что суть моя ясна. удачки :*
_handholding
04:18:193 (1,2) - don't do stuff like this. you'll never get them ranked
Topic Starter
hi-mei
ok
Stack
M4M

Where the heavens play
00:06:943 (1) - This slider overlaps with the first one

00:06:943 (1) - Overlap with second slider

01:45:836 (4,5,6,7,8,1) - I would not let the slider intersect the stream

01:54:407 (2,3) - Overlap

02:05:871 (4,5) - Put some more spacing between these beacause of the decent amount of spacing before this

02:09:085 (2,3) - Why a jump?

02:09:514 (3,1) - You can make 02:10:371 (1) blanket around 02:09:514 (3) nicely

02:10:371 (1,2) - Intersecting sliders

02:18:621 (1) - This will make alot of people break combo, maybe replace it with a wiggle slider (if possible) like at 01:53:228 (7)

02:21:086 (4,2) - Overlap

02:25:479 (5) - see 2 lines above this

02:43:800 (1) - I wouldn't let the slider touch itself again on the 3rd locked slider point

03:05:228 (1,2) - Overlap at the end of the first slider

03:18:943 (1) - Make it more clearer where the end is and where the start is, people without followpoints are screwed here

03:20:657 (2,3) - Intersecting sliders

You have some difficult to read sliders here

04:25:907 (6,7,1) - Weird spacing

04:50:228 (3,1) - Intersecting sliders

05:21:371 (4,1,2) - Don't do a perfect overlap for 3 sliders

05:29:657 (2,3) - Overlap

05:33:085 (2,1) - ^

You have a lot of intersecting sliders in your map, I would avoid using those but I guess you can use them sometimes.
ItashaS13
Modsirijillo porque me lo pidio y porque bueno dale :D

• 00:06:943 (1) - http://prntscr.com/emsj02 BRUH REALLY? pls fix this curve danm lmao just make a perfect circle askkkalskklakls If I were you, I'd add a new slider here 00:11:228 - for this new sound, this slider 00:06:943 (1) - its like following other kind of sound so its weird imo

http://prntscr.com/emsk1x isnt this something you should avoid? 00:13:800 (1) - in my screen, the slider goes off the screen, prob not your case, but it should be fixed, also this triggers me http://prntscr.com/emski1 I think it looks awful

00:17:228 (1) - http://prntscr.com/emskpu idk if you did this on porpuse (the curve) but ..I think it should be a LOT better if you just simply add a circle close to the slider and make a perfect circled-slider? a perfect curve I mean~ http://prntscr.com/emslam (same for the top part of the slider)

00:27:514 (1,2,3,4) - I dont really like its placement, but not necessary change.. (I point this out because I think you can do something better...)

00:29:228 (1) - C'mon wtf,, fix this (the curve with the other slider, its not perfect/looks awful too also the flow here 00:29:550 (2,3,4) - isnt really.. confortable, yeah, its slow part and all but still Its kinda uncomfortable to play

00:31:800 (4) - .. :T please do something better I know you can, please..

00:33:514 (4) - this can be better too.. one Thing I don't know about all these sliders (excluding the long-ones in the beginning) its that... how did you make these sliders? you just simple closed your eyes and click aroud the screen and thats how u get them? because just look all these anchors.. wtf

00:35:228 (4) - ^

00:36:086 (1,2,3,4) - Same here, it looks like you just cimple clicked around- close to the sliderend to place the circles and make the shapes, in this case in particular, IT LOOKS LIKE A MESS, I point this out because I think you can improve it and make something really cool, not this.....

Also you're repeating the same pattern (slider + reverse + 2 more sliders) why don't you try making something different, add a triplet instead of a reverse slider or a triplet here 00:38:443 (3) - or idk, because playing the same shit again and again its boring, and more, when some of these patterns are messy. I can notice it even while playing just because you repeated the same shit over and over again.. so I focus more on the placement and the map instead of playing it

00:40:371 (4) - y tho (THE SHAPE!!!!!!!)

00:51:621 - Until here, you know what I will say... shapes.. and too repetitive

00:56:121 (6) - where is the NC for the SLIDER VELOCITY CHANGE??? WHERE???

00:58:371 (1,2) - fix these shapes pls.. also, not big fan of the flow here 00:58:371 (1,2,3,4,5) -

00:59:550 (6) - bruh, if you make these slider more like http://prntscr.com/emsro2 instead of http://prntscr.com/emsr4g they would look better

00:56:121 (6,6,6) - for all these sliders, remember to ADD THE NC for the SV change... also, why u using same SV for all of these? I mean.. the first "wub" its more quiet or "lower" than the third one, right? so why not using a slider velocity FASTER for every slider depending on its sound? It would be better, like a LOT better

01:01:264 (6) - Slidershapes helps too.. yeah, but dont forget the SV, If I was you, I'd use 1.70 for the first slider, 1.80 for the second, 1.90 for the third and 2x for this one 01:01:264 (6) -

01:02:121 (2) - this can be a double instead of a slider, just add two circles, it woul play better, the small slider is kinda confuding and doesnt really looks well with the other slider-pattern which is .. messy

01:02:978 (6) - all these white anchors for... ahh I dont really know, I don't get it, y tho?

01:03:836 (2,3) - here ths spacing its too much, I dont know why, I cant.. I dont get it, why would you use spacing like this? You're using huge spacing for a sound that doesnt really deserves that spacing, isnt too loud or louder than the other part before this, why would you add that suddenly high spacing there?

01:07:157 (2,3) - should stack these 2 in a middle point between 01:06:943 (1,4) - It sounds like a pause, or I think..a pause in the flow would play better for THAT sound in the music.. Don't change if you don't agree but at least you know what I mean right?

01:09:836 (6) - please.. please god if you really exists and you're there tell hi-mei to fix this xD (yeah it looks awful, you know it)

Suggestion 01:12:407 (2,3,4,5) - why dont you.. sometimes, chage the flow to something like this http://prntscr.com/emsxc9 or.. I mean, there's a LOT of ways to map that, but you're stucked mapping everything with the same kind of flow.. or at least 90% of the map until here its the same which is really boring, try changing it more, variety, listen to the music and add more spacing when the sound is more loudy

01:13:800 (1,2,3,4,5) - For example.. a good change here would be something like http://prntscr.com/emsytp using circular flow, changing spacing according to the music (remember that this is just a suggestion, you can make something similar or even better, just consider changing the flow in some parts to make the map less repetitive~)

01:14:978 (6) - Still using 1,70x even when THIS SOUND on 01:14:978 (6) - its quite different than 00:56:121 (6) -

01:15:514 (1,2,3,4,5) - no good flow! OOOOO

01:16:693 (6) - == man really

01:21:228 (4) - why not adding a triplet here?

01:23:657 - You're skipping a sound here, there's your chance to make something different in the map and you decided to keep mapping the same which results in a boring map :T

01:25:264 (6) - in myopinion, these kind of sliders should follow the same flow as the prevoous slider because the change of speed on them :T

01:25:800 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Hmm I've seen a pattern similar to this like 4 times in the whole map, even if the shapes are not exactly the same, the flow IS the same

01:26:978 (6) - I just put this here to remind you that you don't need all these white anchors and you can still make a pretty slider, #NotLikeThis

01:30:407 (6) - ^^^^^○^^^^^^

01:30:943 (1,2,3,4,5) - isnt this almost---- EXACTLY THE SAME FLOW AS 01:27:514 (1,2,3,4,5) - ????? #NotLikeThis

01:33:172 - Until this point ... I just noticed you're making the player just circles around the screen over and over again... the same flow in the SAME direction..

01:34:586 (2,3,4,5) - FINALLY SOMETHING DIFFERENT! ooo but it follow the same flow AS ALWAYS :(

01:39:514 (1,2,3,4,5) - You see Im not lying? the same flow as before, and the SAME flow in the whole map.. from right to left in the bottom side of the screen .........

01:42:407 (6) - Srsly, these slidershapes with all these anchor are startint triggering me

01:45:943 (5,6,7,8) - You can here theres a wub sound behind these circles AND the drums are a little bit quietscent than the other 4 circles, so why u keeping a linear stream? why don't you make something like http://prntscr.com/emt56q to emphazise the wub sound behind these circles AND to make a change from the other drum sounds?

01:50:657 (3) - what are you following with this slider? the vocals starts on 01:49:800 (1) - ... so you can't say you're following vocals. also you skip a wub sound on 01:50:871 - for.. no reason at all

01:54:407 (2,3) - change the shape of the slider to make good flow?

Oh.. you're using 1.70x for allll these sliders when the sounds are quite different?? why not using a slower SV on 01:55:371 (5) - ?

01:56:657 (1) - why fast sv if the sound its REALLY QUIET, like almost silent??

01:58:371 (1,2) - change the spacing here because it looks like 1/4 AND actually the spacing it's 1/2

02:00:514 (3) - move this to the left so you force the player to move more to the left and be prepared to catch the next sliderhead which IS MORE TO THE Leftftftftftftf

02:01:800 (1) - what a waste of creativity, you could make a cool slider like the others before for this sound and you just maked a normal-circular-boring slider :T

02:04:371 (5) - now this one doesn't look pretty good you know it.. wtf is that white-anchor spam??

02:20:121 (6) - you can split this into 2 -kickslider'ish sliders, would play better..

02:22:907 - y u skipped this sound? I don't really like and understand that... I don't, you skipped a sound but you added a kickslider just in the top of sliderhead..

02:27:943 (3) - Any explanation? or you just went out of creativity (because the slider doesn't even follow the sounds)

02:37:800 - the slider 02:37:693 (3) - should start on the white tick

02:41:657 - skipped sound? what are you mapping there? and what is that placement, it does'nt have flow or anything

02:43:264 (2) - what are you mapping here??

03:22:371 (3) - http://prntscr.com/emtca3 here the sliderpoint its off the screen. It should not.

03:24:086 (4) - Im starting to get mad seeing all these white anchor for no reason at all------- (Why do I repeat this? because you can make the same shape with less anchor points, does it even matters? well not really, but you can make something better with less anchor points and not trigger people like me, who don't understand the reason behind adding all these retarded white anchors)

03:39:514 (1) - please fix http://prntscr.com/emtdk2

04:06:943 (3) - http://prntscr.com/emtdvf you know what

04:20:764 (1) - This shape is pretty cooooool (regardless of all these retarded and nonsense white anchor spam) why cant you make all the shapes cool like this????

04:28:478 (4,5) - spacing??? WHAT in tarnation is this spacing? why soooo unconsistent?

04:24:514 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1) - the flow here sucks imo. There's a lot of ways to place these circles and you picked the worst way

04:29:121 - Here I just noticed that the NC doesn't make sense. But I'm not expert in NC'ing so I will just let it like this

04:31:907 (3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1) - ._. you can guide the player to understand the spacing of 04:31:907 (3,1) - by using the NC on the 04:31:907 (3) - and NOT in the slider.... You did this on porpuse, didn't you??Anyways.. Should change.

04:43:800 (4,5,6,1) - this look like a mess u know i t

04:46:371 - there's no sound on this slider, should make the slider before, a reverse 04:46:157 (3) - <<--- this one

04:48:943 (1) - ._. not gonna say any...(you know.. this slider is terrible)

05:04:585 (1,2) - I just want to let you knowww that these sliders could be 1 million times better, how? use less white anchors and make them fit better

05:12:728 - should be clickable.. this sound

05:14:014 (1,2) - you really hate mapping triplets don't you?

05:14:657 (1,2) - why is the spacing here the same as 05:14:871 (2,3) - if the gaps are different?

05:15:514 (1,2) - and again youre creativity just ran out

05:20:871 (1,2,3,4,1) - yeah I get what u wanted to do here but I think it is not really.. good, the overlap of the 05:21:514 (1) - its just retarded, why don't you make something more like 05:34:478 (1,1,2,3,4) - ??? even tho, the flow sucks on both parts

05:35:657 (2,3) - should stack these since both have the same sound imo

05:39:514 (1) - http://prntscr.com/emtlg1 c'mon whYYYYY WHYYY !!

Well, thats all I guess, tbh I got triggered by 2 things:

1- the flow, the flow it's really.. poooor in most of the map since you repeated the same kind of flow throughtout the whole map.
2- the white anchors, LIKE THIS 05:54:943 (7) - WHY, whats the reason behind it? you know you can make good shapes with less white anchors, even the sliders could be look even better with less white anchors!!

you had some preettyYY COOOOL sliders like 03:32:657 (1) - or 03:49:800 (1) - but if the whole map were as good as these sliders, you could'a have the best of 2017. but you don't.

GL on this, I really want to see this map better, because I liked the song, a lot.
-Nya-
Hi, you requested in-game.

Where the heavens play:
  1. Please silence the sliderslides. Especially in the beginning of the diff it gets a bit annoying since the music is soft and calm. Hearing a buzzing sound just takes away that soothing effect of the music. Here: http://puu.sh/uTyRY/178dfa2c2b.wav
  2. 05:56:978 –Here is two green lines on top of each other at the same spot with different volumes which is contradictory. Remove one.
  3. 02:43:264 (2) –This slider is off-screen which is not allowed. Ensure the border of the slider is not outside the edge of the screen.
  4. 05:53:228 (6) -^, also off-screen. A bit of it.
  5. 00:06:943 (1) –I suggest making all borders of the slider visible. Right now a part of the slider’s border can’t be seen at all and it may cause confusion for players since they think the flow of the slider goes in a different direction.
  6. 00:13:800 (1) -^, this applies to all other similar cases too.
  7. 00:13:800 (1,1,1,1) –I suggest placing default soft-hitwhistles on the heads of these sliders since you can hear that twinkling sound. The hitsound will help it to stand out more.
  8. 00:20:657 (1,1) –Avoid these two objects slightly touching each other. Aesthetically it doesn’t look that great and can be improved.
  9. 00:00:086 (1,1,1,1,1,1) –I don’t really understand the use of spacings here. The first spacing is rather big but then the others are much smaller spacings. I actually expect the spacing to get bigger and bigger since the music gains some intensity. In the beginning very calm, but then it becomes louder. Try playing around with that.
  10. 00:56:121 (6) –Hmm, for such a sudden change in slider velocity, I suggest adding a new combo to prevent catching players off guard. I think it’ll also be a nice touch since there’ll be a new combo on all those “whoomf” sounds for a bit of diversity. This applies to all similar cases.
  11. 01:18:407 (6) –This slider is overlapping the HP bar a lot. While it’s not unrankable, it’s still not advised. Consider lowering it.
  12. 01:33:514 (5,6) –For aesthetics please avoid this overlap. It doesn’t look that good and it will be better to prevent it.
  13. 01:59:228 (1) –I doubt there should be a new combo here. It looks inconsistent with the other patterns.
  14. 02:03:514 (1,2,3) –Since the beats on these three circles are similar, keep the spacing between them similar as well. Right now it looks unpolished since (3) is closer to (2)
  15. 02:05:871 (4,5) –The spacing here should be bigger to emphasize the strong beat on the head of (5). Also, like you did here: 01:59:014 (4,1) – Keep the spacings consistent.

I’m gonna stop here for now since this isn’t really my type of mapping so it’s a bit difficult to judge it.

Good luck~
_orange
For M4M

[Where the heavens play]

04:12:086 (1) - The preview point could start here, it's where the vocals start so I don't get why you put it one measure before

00:36:943 (4) - This might be unrankable because it almost fully overlaps itself, not completely sure though
01:02:978 (6) - Why not just add a red point?
01:06:943 (1,2) - I think these could be mapped more interesting since it's an important sound
02:35:550 (5,6,7) - This is an unusual rythm, it's might be hard to get these, maybe change it so it plays better
04:18:193 (1,2) - There's only a 1/16 gap between these, it's not recommended to do that :p
04:24:836 (3,4,1) - The spacing should be even
04:25:907 (6) - Not sure if this is rankable, it completely overlaps itself
04:26:871 (4) - Is this supposed to be snapped to 1/12?
04:27:085 (1,2,3) - Don't agree with the emphasis here, 3 sounds a lot louder than 2. Consider making the spacing further for 3
04:52:800 (2,3) - This isn't like anything you've done before is it?
05:34:586 (1) - This could be emphasized a lot more... there's a huge drum sound
05:56:978 - Not sure if this matters but there's two timing points here

That's all I found, very interesting song and map, would love to see this ranked
gl!
Topic Starter
hi-mei
holy shit
Topic Starter
hi-mei

gottagof4ast wrote:

M4M

Where the heavens play
00:06:943 (1) - This slider overlaps with the first one

00:06:943 (1) - Overlap with second slider
its intended
01:45:836 (4,5,6,7,8,1) - I would not let the slider intersect the stream
its okay
01:54:407 (2,3) - Overlap
whats wrong with that
02:05:871 (4,5) - Put some more spacing between these beacause of the decent amount of spacing before this
okay
02:09:085 (2,3) - Why a jump?
because 02:09:514 - is a strong jump
02:09:514 (3,1) - You can make 02:10:371 (1) blanket around 02:09:514 (3) nicely
ty
02:10:371 (1,2) - Intersecting sliders
yes i know, its intended
02:18:621 (1) - This will make alot of people break combo, maybe replace it with a wiggle slider (if possible) like at 01:53:228 (7)
idk
02:21:086 (4,2) - Overlap
its intended
02:25:479 (5) - see 2 lines above this
same
02:43:800 (1) - I wouldn't let the slider touch itself again on the 3rd locked slider point
idk
03:05:228 (1,2) - Overlap at the end of the first slider
intended
03:18:943 (1) - Make it more clearer where the end is and where the start is, people without followpoints are screwed here
i think its acceptable
03:20:657 (2,3) - Intersecting sliders
intended
You have some difficult to read sliders here

04:25:907 (6,7,1) - Weird spacing
fixed
04:50:228 (3,1) - Intersecting sliders
intended
05:21:371 (4,1,2) - Don't do a perfect overlap for 3 sliders
idk
05:29:657 (2,3) - Overlap
intended
05:33:085 (2,1) - ^
intended
You have a lot of intersecting sliders in your map, I would avoid using those but I guess you can use them sometimes.
thanks
Topic Starter
hi-mei

Itasha_S13 wrote:

Modsirijillo porque me lo pidio y porque bueno dale :D

• 00:06:943 (1) - http://prntscr.com/emsj02 BRUH REALLY? pls fix this curve danm lmao just make a perfect circle askkkalskklakls If I were you, I'd add a new slider here 00:11:228 - for this new sound, this slider 00:06:943 (1) - its like following other kind of sound so its weird imo

http://prntscr.com/emsk1x isnt this something you should avoid? 00:13:800 (1) - in my screen, the slider goes off the screen, prob not your case, but it should be fixed, also this triggers me http://prntscr.com/emski1 I think it looks awful
    fixed
    00:17:228 (1) - http://prntscr.com/emskpu idk if you did this on porpuse (the curve) but ..I think it should be a LOT better if you just simply add a circle close to the slider and make a perfect circled-slider? a perfect curve I mean~ http://prntscr.com/emslam (same for the top part of the slider)
    fixed
    00:27:514 (1,2,3,4) - I dont really like its placement, but not necessary change.. (I point this out because I think you can do something better...)
    i dont see a problem there
    00:29:228 (1) - C'mon wtf,, fix this (the curve with the other slider, its not perfect/looks awful too also the flow here 00:29:550 (2,3,4) - isnt really.. confortable, yeah, its slow part and all but still Its kinda uncomfortable to play
    fixed
    00:31:800 (4) - .. :T please do something better I know you can, please..
    i did xd
    00:33:514 (4) - this can be better too.. one Thing I don't know about all these sliders (excluding the long-ones in the beginning) its that... how did you make these sliders? you just simple closed your eyes and click aroud the screen and thats how u get them? because just look all these anchors.. wtf
    ROFL AHAHAHa
    00:35:228 (4) - ^
    yea
    00:36:086 (1,2,3,4) - Same here, it looks like you just cimple clicked around- close to the sliderend to place the circles and make the shapes, in this case in particular, IT LOOKS LIKE A MESS, I point this out because I think you can improve it and make something really cool, not this.....

Also you're repeating the same pattern (slider + reverse + 2 more sliders) why don't you try making something different, add a triplet instead of a reverse slider or a triplet here 00:38:443 (3) - or idk, because playing the same shit again and again its boring, and more, when some of these patterns are messy. I can notice it even while playing just because you repeated the same shit over and over again.. so I focus more on the placement and the map instead of playing it
    i cant really do anything about it, the melody here is so repetitive
    00:40:371 (4) - y tho (THE SHAPE!!!!!!!)
    fixed
    00:51:621 - Until here, you know what I will say... shapes.. and too repetitive

00:56:121 (6) - where is the NC for the SLIDER VELOCITY CHANGE??? WHERE???
    its fine
    00:58:371 (1,2) - fix these shapes pls.. also, not big fan of the flow here 00:58:371 (1,2,3,4,5) -
    fixed
    00:59:550 (6) - bruh, if you make these slider more like http://prntscr.com/emsro2 instead of http://prntscr.com/emsr4g they would look better
    well maybe, idk
    00:56:121 (6,6,6) - for all these sliders, remember to ADD THE NC for the SV change... also, why u using same SV for all of these? I mean.. the first "wub" its more quiet or "lower" than the third one, right? so why not using a slider velocity FASTER for every slider depending on its sound? It would be better, like a LOT better
    i thought about this, and the initial idea was like that, but after i tried it i changed my mind, i think its ok.
    i changed nc-s
    01:01:264 (6) - Slidershapes helps too.. yeah, but dont forget the SV, If I was you, I'd use 1.70 for the first slider, 1.80 for the second, 1.90 for the third and 2x for this one 01:01:264 (6) -

01:02:121 (2) - this can be a double instead of a slider, just add two circles, it woul play better, the small slider is kinda confuding and doesnt really looks well with the other slider-pattern which is .. messy
    hmmm maybe
    01:02:978 (6) - all these white anchors for... ahh I dont really know, I don't get it, y tho?
    because i wanted a different chase for each slider
    01:03:836 (2,3) - here ths spacing its too much, I dont know why, I cant.. I dont get it, why would you use spacing like this? You're using huge spacing for a sound that doesnt really deserves that spacing, isnt too loud or louder than the other part before this, why would you add that suddenly high spacing there?
    yea fixed
    01:07:157 (2,3) - should stack these 2 in a middle point between 01:06:943 (1,4) - It sounds like a pause, or I think..a pause in the flow would play better for THAT sound in the music.. Don't change if you don't agree but at least you know what I mean right?

01:09:836 (6) - please.. please god if you really exists and you're there tell hi-mei to fix this xD (yeah it looks awful, you know it)
    ok
    Suggestion 01:12:407 (2,3,4,5) - why dont you.. sometimes, chage the flow to something like this http://prntscr.com/emsxc9 or.. I mean, there's a LOT of ways to map that, but you're stucked mapping everything with the same kind of flow.. or at least 90% of the map until here its the same which is really boring, try changing it more, variety, listen to the music and add more spacing when the sound is more loudy
    hmmm idk, i like the way it is now
    01:13:800 (1,2,3,4,5) - For example.. a good change here would be something like http://prntscr.com/emsytp using circular flow, changing spacing according to the music (remember that this is just a suggestion, you can make something similar or even better, just consider changing the flow in some parts to make the map less repetitive~)

01:14:978 (6) - Still using 1,70x even when THIS SOUND on 01:14:978 (6) - its quite different than 00:56:121 (6) -
    i know, i explained it above
    01:15:514 (1,2,3,4,5) - no good flow! OOOOO
    fixed
    01:16:693 (6) - == man really
    fixed
    01:21:228 (4) - why not adding a triplet here?
    01:21:228 (4) - because its a 1/3
    01:23:657 - You're skipping a sound here, there's your chance to make something different in the map and you decided to keep mapping the same which results in a boring map :T
    ok fixed
    01:25:264 (6) - in myopinion, these kind of sliders should follow the same flow as the prevoous slider because the change of speed on them :T
    idk
    01:25:800 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Hmm I've seen a pattern similar to this like 4 times in the whole map, even if the shapes are not exactly the same, the flow IS the same
    yea im shit
    01:26:978 (6) - I just put this here to remind you that you don't need all these white anchors and you can still make a pretty slider, #NotLikeThis
    FeelsBadMan
    01:30:407 (6) - ^^^^^○^^^^^^
    wwwwwwww
    01:30:943 (1,2,3,4,5) - isnt this almost---- EXACTLY THE SAME FLOW AS 01:27:514 (1,2,3,4,5) - ????? #NotLikeThis
    yea changed
    01:33:172 - Until this point ... I just noticed you're making the player just circles around the screen over and over again... the same flow in the SAME direction..
    Yea LMAO
    01:34:586 (2,3,4,5) - FINALLY SOMETHING DIFFERENT! ooo but it follow the same flow AS ALWAYS :(

01:39:514 (1,2,3,4,5) - You see Im not lying? the same flow as before, and the SAME flow in the whole map.. from right to left in the bottom side of the screen .........
    yea changed
    01:42:407 (6) - Srsly, these slidershapes with all these anchor are startint triggering me

01:45:943 (5,6,7,8) - You can here theres a wub sound behind these circles AND the drums are a little bit quietscent than the other 4 circles, so why u keeping a linear stream? why don't you make something like http://prntscr.com/emt56q to emphazise the wub sound behind these circles AND to make a change from the other drum sounds?
    yea i agree, changed
    01:50:657 (3) - what are you following with this slider? the vocals starts on 01:49:800 (1) - ... so you can't say you're following vocals. also you skip a wub sound on 01:50:871 - for.. no reason at all
    each wub is emphasized with red anchor (slider direction change)
    01:54:407 (2,3) - change the shape of the slider to make good flow?
    yea
    Oh.. you're using 1.70x for allll these sliders when the sounds are quite different?? why not using a slower SV on 01:55:371 (5) - ?
    yea i mean, it doesnt really feel good if u change something to +0.1 or 0.2. i dont really want to force some unnecessary stuff here.
    01:56:657 (1) - why fast sv if the sound its REALLY QUIET, like almost silent??
    fixed
    01:58:371 (1,2) - change the spacing here because it looks like 1/4 AND actually the spacing it's 1/2
    agree
    02:00:514 (3) - move this to the left so you force the player to move more to the left and be prepared to catch the next sliderhead which IS MORE TO THE Leftftftftftftf
    yea
    02:01:800 (1) - what a waste of creativity, you could make a cool slider like the others before for this sound and you just maked a normal-circular-boring slider :T
    i think it fits to the sound here
    02:04:371 (5) - now this one doesn't look pretty good you know it.. wtf is that white-anchor spam??
    i think its fine here
    02:20:121 (6) - you can split this into 2 -kickslider'ish sliders, would play better..
    idk about this
    02:22:907 - y u skipped this sound? I don't really like and understand that... I don't, you skipped a sound but you added a kickslider just in the top of sliderhead..
    its 1/8 into 1/6. i dont think its a good stuff to map here. i just covered all this shit with 1 slider.
    02:27:943 (3) - Any explanation? or you just went out of creativity (because the slider doesn't even follow the sounds)
    yeaXD
    gonna change later
    02:37:800 - the slider 02:37:693 (3) - should start on the white tick

02:41:657 - skipped sound? what are you mapping there? and what is that placement, it does'nt have flow or anything
    mapping wubs here
    02:43:264 (2) - what are you mapping here??
    im retarded
    03:22:371 (3) - http://prntscr.com/emtca3 here the sliderpoint its off the screen. It should not.
    fixed
    03:24:086 (4) - Im starting to get mad seeing all these white anchor for no reason at all------- (Why do I repeat this? because you can make the same shape with less anchor points, does it even matters? well not really, but you can make something better with less anchor points and not trigger people like me, who don't understand the reason behind adding all these retarded white anchors)
    its way easier to make the shape u want with more amount of slider anchors.
    03:39:514 (1) - please fix http://prntscr.com/emtdk2
    done
    04:06:943 (3) - http://prntscr.com/emtdvf you know what
    cant do much about it
    04:20:764 (1) - This shape is pretty cooooool (regardless of all these retarded and nonsense white anchor spam) why cant you make all the shapes cool like this????
    im shit
    04:28:478 (4,5) - spacing??? WHAT in tarnation is this spacing? why soooo unconsistent?
    lmao
    fxied

04:24:514 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1) - the flow here sucks imo. There's a lot of ways to place these circles and you picked the worst way
    idk this is hard
    04:29:121 - Here I just noticed that the NC doesn't make sense. But I'm not expert in NC'ing so I will just let it like this
    idk
    04:31:907 (3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1) - ._. you can guide the player to understand the spacing of 04:31:907 (3,1) - by using the NC on the 04:31:907 (3) - and NOT in the slider.... You did this on porpuse, didn't you??Anyways.. Should change.
    fixed
    04:43:800 (4,5,6,1) - this look like a mess u know i t
    intended
    04:46:371 - there's no sound on this slider, should make the slider before, a reverse 04:46:157 (3) - <<--- this one
    fixed
    04:48:943 (1) - ._. not gonna say any...(you know.. this slider is terrible)
    fixed
    05:04:585 (1,2) - I just want to let you knowww that these sliders could be 1 million times better, how? use less white anchors and make them fit better
    lol
    05:12:728 - should be clickable.. this sound
    fixed
    05:14:014 (1,2) - you really hate mapping triplets don't you?
    yea, i dont like it here, it would destroys emphasis
    05:14:657 (1,2) - why is the spacing here the same as 05:14:871 (2,3) - if the gaps are different?
    fixed
    05:15:514 (1,2) - and again youre creativity just ran out
    well i dont really know how to map these sounds, theres no wubs or something, they are calm
    05:20:871 (1,2,3,4,1) - yeah I get what u wanted to do here but I think it is not really.. good, the overlap of the 05:21:514 (1) - its just retarded, why don't you make something more like 05:34:478 (1,1,2,3,4) - ??? even tho, the flow sucks on both parts
    idk, i have no good idea how to make this for now
    05:35:657 (2,3) - should stack these since both have the same sound imo
    04:47:657 (2,3) - they are similar to this
    05:39:514 (1) - http://prntscr.com/emtlg1 c'mon whYYYYY WHYYY !!
    blankets lul

Well, thats all I guess, tbh I got triggered by 2 things:

1- the flow, the flow it's really.. poooor in most of the map since you repeated the same kind of flow throughtout the whole map.
thats the flaw of artcore, it doe not have something that u can consistently follow
2- the white anchors, LIKE THIS 05:54:943 (7) - WHY, whats the reason behind it? you know you can make good shapes with less white anchors, even the sliders could be look even better with less white anchors!!
yea i know, u can control the shape with more anchors better

you had some preettyYY COOOOL sliders like 03:32:657 (1) - or 03:49:800 (1) - but if the whole map were as good as these sliders, you could'a have the best of 2017. but you don't.

GL on this, I really want to see this map better, because I liked the song, a lot.
thanks a lot, this mod is something i was looking for for a long time
Topic Starter
hi-mei

-Nya- wrote:

Hi, you requested in-game.

Where the heavens play:
  1. Please silence the sliderslides. Especially in the beginning of the diff it gets a bit annoying since the music is soft and calm. Hearing a buzzing sound just takes away that soothing effect of the music. Here: http://puu.sh/uTyRY/178dfa2c2b.wav
    thanks
  2. 05:56:978 –Here is two green lines on top of each other at the same spot with different volumes which is contradictory. Remove one.
    fixed
  3. 02:43:264 (2) –This slider is off-screen which is not allowed. Ensure the border of the slider is not outside the edge of the screen.
    fixed
  4. 05:53:228 (6) -^, also off-screen. A bit of it.
    this one is fine i think
  5. 00:06:943 (1) –I suggest making all borders of the slider visible. Right now a part of the slider’s border can’t be seen at all and it may cause confusion for players since they think the flow of the slider goes in a different direction.
    I think its fine
  6. 00:13:800 (1) -^, this applies to all other similar cases too.
    I think its fine
  7. 00:13:800 (1,1,1,1) –I suggest placing default soft-hitwhistles on the heads of these sliders since you can hear that twinkling sound. The hitsound will help it to stand out more.
    okay
  8. 00:20:657 (1,1) –Avoid these two objects slightly touching each other. Aesthetically it doesn’t look that great and can be improved.
    ok
  9. 00:00:086 (1,1,1,1,1,1) –I don’t really understand the use of spacings here. The first spacing is rather big but then the others are much smaller spacings. I actually expect the spacing to get bigger and bigger since the music gains some intensity. In the beginning very calm, but then it becomes louder. Try playing around with that.
    hmm idk
  10. 00:56:121 (6) –Hmm, for such a sudden change in slider velocity, I suggest adding a new combo to prevent catching players off guard. I think it’ll also be a nice touch since there’ll be a new combo on all those “whoomf” sounds for a bit of diversity. This applies to all similar cases.
    yea ok
  11. 01:18:407 (6) –This slider is overlapping the HP bar a lot. While it’s not unrankable, it’s still not advised. Consider lowering it.
    fixed
  12. 01:33:514 (5,6) –For aesthetics please avoid this overlap. It doesn’t look that good and it will be better to prevent it.
    ok
  13. 01:59:228 (1) –I doubt there should be a new combo here. It looks inconsistent with the other patterns.
    ok
  14. 02:03:514 (1,2,3) –Since the beats on these three circles are similar, keep the spacing between them similar as well. Right now it looks unpolished since (3) is closer to (2)
    ok
  15. 02:05:871 (4,5) –The spacing here should be bigger to emphasize the strong beat on the head of (5). Also, like you did here: 01:59:014 (4,1) – Keep the spacings consistent.
    ok

I’m gonna stop here for now since this isn’t really my type of mapping so it’s a bit difficult to judge it.

Good luck~
thanks
Topic Starter
hi-mei

_orange wrote:

For M4M

[Where the heavens play]

04:12:086 (1) - The preview point could start here, it's where the vocals start so I don't get why you put it one measure before
idk
00:36:943 (4) - This might be unrankable because it almost fully overlaps itself, not completely sure though
i think its fine
01:02:978 (6) - Why not just add a red point?
okay
01:06:943 (1,2) - I think these could be mapped more interesting since it's an important sound
okay
02:35:550 (5,6,7) - This is an unusual rythm, it's might be hard to get these, maybe change it so it plays better
idk how
04:18:193 (1,2) - There's only a 1/16 gap between these, it's not recommended to do that :p
yea fixed
04:24:836 (3,4,1) - The spacing should be even
idk what u mean
04:25:907 (6) - Not sure if this is rankable, it completely overlaps itself
yea fixed
04:26:871 (4) - Is this supposed to be snapped to 1/12?
yea fixed
04:27:085 (1,2,3) - Don't agree with the emphasis here, 3 sounds a lot louder than 2. Consider making the spacing further for 3
yea fixed
04:52:800 (2,3) - This isn't like anything you've done before is it?
im doing that in next parts
05:34:586 (1) - This could be emphasized a lot more... there's a huge drum sound
yea fixed
05:56:978 - Not sure if this matters but there's two timing points here
yea fixed

That's all I found, very interesting song and map, would love to see this ranked
gl!
thanks
Milkshake
chitchat-d some stuff IRC :3
11:25 hi-mei: wait
11:25 hi-mei: let me update
11:25 Milkshake: sure
11:25 hi-mei: done
11:25 Milkshake: I'm not wamred up, so sorry if I fuck up a little :D
11:30 Milkshake: ::the hecks:::
11:31 hi-mei: rippy
11:31 Milkshake: let me go to the editor real quick
11:31 hi-mei: ripp~
11:31 Milkshake: I have to say though, some of these sliders don't play well
11:31 Milkshake: as for the long ones
11:31 hi-mei: uh
11:31 hi-mei: long ones?
11:31 Milkshake: sec, I'm trying to find them
11:31 hi-mei: wut
11:31 Milkshake: LOL
11:32 hi-mei: i thought long ones were good
11:32 hi-mei: everyone tells me its good
11:32 Milkshake: 01:49:800 (1,6,2) -
11:32 Milkshake: 01:59:228 (5) -
11:33 Milkshake: I found these for example incredibely uncomfy
11:33 hi-mei: oh
11:33 Milkshake: some of them play well, but some of them kinda felt not so good while playing
11:33 hi-mei: yea
11:33 hi-mei: okay
11:33 hi-mei: as u could see i didnt focus on playability
11:33 hi-mei: i dont like generic maps
11:34 Milkshake: hmm, it's not about generic or not. the other ones were also unique and fun, but these felt a bit awkward when playing them
11:34 hi-mei: yea ill change
11:34 hi-mei: 04:24:728 - probably this place
11:34 Milkshake: 02:10:371 (1,2) - these also felt awkward, mainly reading them :D I don;t remember if I sliderbroke there or not
11:34 hi-mei: is the most retarded in the whole map
11:35 hi-mei: no u didnt
11:35 Milkshake: yeah, I was about to mention it
11:35 Milkshake: it feels too cluttered
11:35 hi-mei: 04:24:728 (2) - i got 2 equal sounds on 1/8
11:35 Milkshake: I can try to find a better way to map it
11:35 hi-mei: i cant remove it
11:35 hi-mei: basically it fucks reading
11:36 Milkshake: the thing is, as I said, you really don't have to map EACH beat of the song. sometimes it's just difficult or simply stupid attempting to map them, but gimme a sec
11:36 Milkshake: time to slow that down to 50% :D:D:D
11:37 hi-mei: no better 25%
11:37 hi-mei: i think ill remove this one into 2 notes
11:37 Milkshake: 04:24:514 (1) - also with the sliders like that...honestly, I'm not so sure anymore if these are rankable or not because I took a year break
11:37 hi-mei: to make some kind of stream
11:37 hi-mei: 04:24:836 (3) -
11:37 Milkshake: but I'd recommend making them slightly longer if possible?
11:37 hi-mei: well ok
11:38 Milkshake: I just don't think it's allowed apart from aspire maps or something
11:39 hi-mei: its allowed
11:39 Milkshake: oh that's interesting
11:39 Milkshake: I remember it wasn't like that
11:39 hi-mei: 04:24:836 (3) - is it on white tick
11:39 hi-mei: or its 1/16
11:39 hi-mei: i cant understand
11:40 Milkshake: as for the "retarded" part, I think you should just not map some beats. it's a bit tricky to map, I'd personally sacrifice a few beats just to make it somewhat play better
11:40 hi-mei: i feel like the sound starts here 04:24:916 -
11:41 hi-mei: yea its 1/16
11:41 hi-mei: or not O_O
11:41 Milkshake: no...not quite
11:42 Milkshake: mapping 1/16 beats would honestly feel terrible
11:42 hi-mei: i think it shud be slider
11:42 hi-mei: cuz this note is too vague
11:42 hi-mei: 04:24:943 -
11:44 hi-mei: 04:25:371 (2) - ill nuke this
11:44 Milkshake: https://puu.sh/uUlvM/82bc835fa6.jpg doing something like that didn't feel too horrific even if it doesn't follow exactly every single bit
11:44 Milkshake: I personally think you're dwelling on small sounds too much. when the players play it they won't exactly notice a 1/16 unless they feel like listening to this song 560 times
11:44 hi-mei: yea
11:45 Milkshake: just consider it when you remap this part (if you will), some sounds are there for the "prettyness" and not for the actual mapping :d
11:46 Milkshake: 04:37:263 (1,2,3,4,5) - this is not a good way to map it imo. not only hard to read it just doesn't play well
11:46 Milkshake: I think I failed around that time
11:47 hi-mei: cyea
11:47 hi-mei: yea
11:47 hi-mei: 04:38:657 - this sound again
11:47 hi-mei: it forcec to use stupid stuff
11:47 Milkshake: why? this part is mapped just fine actually
11:48 hi-mei: 04:38:443 (2,3,4) - u failed on this
11:48 hi-mei: because this rhythm is unpreddictable
11:48 Milkshake: yup. but the stream that comes after is solid 10/10 nice
11:48 hi-mei: u dotn know how many times sliderball will roll on the reverse slider
11:49 hi-mei: that makes u fail on 04:38:764 (4) - this note
11:49 hi-mei: yea ill remove reversed shiit
11:50 Milkshake: https://puu.sh/uUlSF/f4582d13cc.jpg maybe like this?
11:50 hi-mei: yea
11:51 Milkshake: would be easier to read instead of a slider :3
11:52 hi-mei: 04:38:228 (1) - if i change this
11:53 hi-mei: slider end to 04:38:443 -
11:53 Milkshake: oooh
11:53 Milkshake: that's good
11:54 Milkshake: https://puu.sh/uUm4V/6255ec9546.jpg u mean it like that?
11:54 hi-mei: 04:38:496 - ill ignore this
11:54 Milkshake: if yes, I think it's nice
11:54 hi-mei: yea
11:54 hi-mei: http://puu.sh/uUm5L/9d5160c1b6.jpg
11:54 Milkshake: :ok_hand:
11:54 Milkshake: mhm, both options could work ^^
11:55 Milkshake: 04:54:836 (1,2) - please move that 1 somewhere else
11:55 Milkshake: outside of the slider
11:55 Milkshake: it plays extra retarded, really
11:55 hi-mei: lul
11:56 Milkshake: 05:21:085 (2,3,4,1) - extra mean. I think most mods would pick on that
11:56 hi-mei: 05:20:443 - what u think about this
11:56 hi-mei: oh
11:56 hi-mei: i think its beautiful
11:56 hi-mei: its actually the best pattern in this map
11:56 Milkshake: sure it might fit the music, but just looking at it made my brain fart
11:57 Milkshake: it's too cluttered to understand what is going on x_x
11:57 hi-mei: 05:34:586 (1) - well
11:57 hi-mei: this one is a bit easier
11:57 Milkshake: 05:20:443 (2) - in regard to that, I think it's a biiiiit mean to slow it down so much
11:57 Milkshake: but not really a dramatic issue
11:58 Milkshake: it's much easier
11:58 Milkshake: compared to the one before
11:58 Milkshake: try to aim for something similar
11:59 Milkshake: apart from these things, I guess the map is overall okay, definitely unique
11:59 hi-mei: 04:24:728 (2) - ill do the same with this shit
11:59 hi-mei: i think
11:59 Milkshake: but I think MATs and QATs are definitely going to wreck you over some parts
11:59 Milkshake: do MATs even exist
11:59 Milkshake: still
11:59 hi-mei: just make reverse longer till that sound
11:59 hi-mei: no
11:59 Milkshake: LMAO fuck
11:59 hi-mei: and bat too
12:00 Milkshake: wow... . .
12:00 Milkshake: damn
12:00 Milkshake: :(
12:00 hi-mei: its bng now
12:00 Milkshake: aaanyway, if you make it extended, make sure to make the jump smaller
12:02 hi-mei: alright thanks
12:03 Milkshake: but yeah, that's about it^^
Natsu
I got your pm, but I really don't think the map is ready for now, aesthetics needs a lot of work tbh

1. 00:13:800 (1,1) - sliders looks nice individually, but once you look at that blanket it ruins all.
  2. 00:00:086 (1,1) - the overlap doesn't looks nice, specially because the slider body don't stack well with the next one, if you took the time to create slider art, then also take the time to properly place them on the grid without overlapping the previous one.
  3. 00:36:943 (4,1) - you really should work in blankets, they are like this in almost all the map, you can say they are minor, but when you base your map in blanket you should make them properly.
  4. 00:38:443 (3,4) - same as above, posting this one, because I don't understand why are you using so many points in 4, you really don't need them, they just make the slider look ugly and it destroy your blanket as well.
  5. 00:40:157 (3,4) - etc ^
  6. 00:55:586 (4,5) - nice you made a jump to the stronger beat, it's cool, but why you ruin it without a jump at 00:55:800 (5,1) - 1 is the stronger here and should have a jump, if you want to follow the spacing, then 4 and 5 shouldn't be a jump.
  7. 00:54:943 (1,2,3) - same spacing for different snaps? this is super wrong, what you did at 00:56:657 (1,2,3,4) - is better
  8. 01:06:086 (5,1) - is this supposed to be a blanket? and no, I'm not being nazi, but your map is based mostly on blankets, that's why all the off blankets in this map destory all the visuals.
  9. 01:09:836 (1,1) - the first slider needs a rework, just take a look at 01:09:836 (1,1) - and see how bad it looks in game.
  10. 01:12:407 (2,3,4,5) - spacing, different snaps needs a different snapping and no a few pixels doesn't count.
  11. 01:15:836 (2,3,4,5) - ^ the spacing is really broken at many places.
  12. 01:16:371 (5,1) - blankets..
  13. 01:22:371 (1) - touching the hp bar, you have the full grid for mapping stuff, there is no reason to overlap the game objects (yes, we judge maps only with the default skin).
  14. 01:39:943 (3,4,5) - 4 and 5 have basically the same pitch, why 4 is a jump and 5 no? I can't get the logic behind this pattern tbh
  15. 02:18:621 (1) - this is going to break many combos, can you up the slider velocity?
  16. 02:27:085 (4) - ^ etc
  17. 02:27:943 (3) - this really kill the song rhythm
  18. 04:27:085 (1,2,3) - the spacing is so wrong, I had to go to the editor to see what's going on in this pattern
  19. 04:30:407 (2,3,4) - ^
  20. 04:18:193 (1) - btw personally I wouldn't never rank a map with sliders like that, up the sv or something here, also 04:18:193 (1,2) - meh they look the same, even tho their snapping is totally different
Just a quick mod, the map is really monotonous and simple, that's why I believe you need to improve the visuals a lot and make it a bit special, the spacing a few places is really confuse to play, blankets are badly done everywhere, some slider shapes aren't nice.

You really need to work more on this IMO.

btw

Mod replies like p/5883965 aren't nice, i wont comment on this lol it feels like you are trolling me i dont see a problem there I think its fine doesn't explain modders why you deny their suggestions, you really need to explain why you are doing this or why your patterns work better etc. Also blocking BNs or modders in forum isn't a smart idea if you're a mapper.
BOUYAAA
Hello, saw a few people talking shit about your map so i took a look and ended up liking it lol

Unlike Natsu I think the aesthetic style fits very good and relates to the calm and wobbly song very well.

Here are a few of my concerns though :

I test played the map a few times and 2 patterns really stuck out in terms of difficulty :

05:20:871 (1,2,3,4,1) - all of a sudden things are stacked on top of each other even though you separate your patterns for most of your map. This makes a very hard to predict diff spike. Doing a dense pattern is fine in my opinion but making that relatively readable by increasing visual distance between objects is essential then.

05:34:586 (1,2,3,4,1) - same spike happens here although more readable. I wanna mention that you use the same spacing here 05:34:586 (1,2) - and here 05:34:800 (2,3) - even though they both have different snapping which makes all of this a bit confusing at this speed.

Your buzz sliders are also very prone to breaks 04:18:193 (1) - 04:24:514 (1) - etc. The reason for that is that osu doesn't handle buzz sliders very well. The time widown in which the player can hit a 300 on a regular note is WAY lower than the time it takes for the slider to reach it's end. if this happens the player will simply break combo even though he would have been able to hit a 300 otherwise. Imo cheating a little and making them 1/8 would be better as it would not be noticeable and make the whole playing experience better.

Looking at the rest of the map I have a few more things to suggest :

02:27:943 (3) - I don't really like how this randomly covers so many sounds. In the rest of the section your clicking patterns is following most of the sounds. here you miss several important things for the sake of making sliderart : 02:28:371 - 02:28:800 - 02:29:228 - 02:29:657 -

I don't really like your OD5 choice because i don't really feel like it's justified here. Since this is a hard map it should also have the diff parameters that go with it. Players shouldn't just be able to play this and get 98% acc everytime regardless of their level lol

Anyways I'd appreciate if you could respond to this properly (aka with rational points)

I wish you good luck.
Topic Starter
hi-mei

Natsu wrote:

I got your pm, but I really don't think the map is ready for now, aesthetics needs a lot of work tbh

1. 00:13:800 (1,1) - sliders looks nice individually, but once you look at that blanket it ruins all.
    fixed
  2. 00:00:086 (1,1) - the overlap doesn't looks nice, specially because the slider body don't stack well with the next one, if you took the time to create slider art, then also take the time to properly place them on the grid without overlapping the previous one.
    hmmm... i dont really understand what u talking about
    they are overlapping each other because its intended

3. 00:36:943 (4,1) - you really should work in blankets, they are like this in almost all the map, you can say they are minor, but when you base your map in blanket you should make them properly.
    fixed
  4. 00:38:443 (3,4) - same as above, posting this one, because I don't understand why are you using so many points in 4, you really don't need them, they just make the slider look ugly and it destroy your blanket as well.
    fixed
    but i shud clarify that im using many slider anchors to make the shape more circular to the previous/next object. i cant reach the same purpose with 3 anchors.
  5. 00:40:157 (3,4) - etc ^
    fixed
  6. 00:55:586 (4,5) - nice you made a jump to the stronger beat, it's cool, but why you ruin it without a jump at 00:55:800 (5,1) - 1 is the stronger here and should have a jump, if you want to follow the spacing, then 4 and 5 shouldn't be a jump.
    agree, gonna fix
  7. 00:54:943 (1,2,3) - same spacing for different snaps? this is super wrong, what you did at 00:56:657 (1,2,3,4) - is better
    agree
  8. 01:06:086 (5,1) - is this supposed to be a blanket? and no, I'm not being nazi, but your map is based mostly on blankets, that's why all the off blankets in this map destory all the visuals.
    fixed
  9. 01:09:836 (1,1) - the first slider needs a rework, just take a look at 01:09:836 (1,1) - and see how bad it looks in game.
    changed things for a bit, probably for the better
  10. 01:12:407 (2,3,4,5) - spacing, different snaps needs a different snapping and no a few pixels doesn't count.
    okay
  11. 01:15:836 (2,3,4,5) - ^ the spacing is really broken at many places.
  12. 01:16:371 (5,1) - blankets..
    fixed
  13. 01:22:371 (1) - touching the hp bar, you have the full grid for mapping stuff, there is no reason to overlap the game objects (yes, we judge maps only with the default skin).
    remapped that place
  14. 01:39:943 (3,4,5) - 4 and 5 have basically the same pitch, why 4 is a jump and 5 no? I can't get the logic behind this pattern tbh
    i dont understand what u mean
  15. 02:18:621 (1) - this is going to break many combos, can you up the slider velocity?
    fixed
  16. 02:27:085 (4) - ^ etc
    fixed
  17. 02:27:943 (3) - this really kill the song rhythm
    fixed
  18. 04:27:085 (1,2,3) - the spacing is so wrong, I had to go to the editor to see what's going on in this pattern
    I changed it for a bit, but if i make the spacing equal, it will destroy emphasis
  19. 04:30:407 (2,3,4) - ^
    same, changed for a bit
  20. 04:18:193 (1) - btw personally I wouldn't never rank a map with sliders like that, up the sv or something here, also 04:18:193 (1,2) - meh they look the same, even tho their snapping is totally different
    ok gonna change them as i changed previous ones to sv x1.0
Just a quick mod, the map is really monotonous and simple, that's why I believe you need to improve the visuals a lot and make it a bit special, the spacing a few places is really confuse to play, blankets are badly done everywhere, some slider shapes aren't nice.

You really need to work more on this IMO.

btw

Mod replies like p/5883965 aren't nice, i wont comment on this lol it feels like you are trolling me i dont see a problem there I think its fine doesn't explain modders why you deny their suggestions, you really need to explain why you are doing this or why your patterns work better etc. Also blocking BNs or modders in forum isn't a smart idea if you're a mapper.
lol
Thanks dude!
Topic Starter
hi-mei

BOUYAAA wrote:

Hello, saw a few people talking shit about your map so i took a look and ended up liking it lol

Unlike Natsu I think the aesthetic style fits very good and relates to the calm and wobbly song very well.

Here are a few of my concerns though :

I test played the map a few times and 2 patterns really stuck out in terms of difficulty :

05:20:871 (1,2,3,4,1) - all of a sudden things are stacked on top of each other even though you separate your patterns for most of your map. This makes a very hard to predict diff spike. Doing a dense pattern is fine in my opinion but making that relatively readable by increasing visual distance between objects is essential then.
yea gotta rework it

05:34:586 (1,2,3,4,1) - same spike happens here although more readable. I wanna mention that you use the same spacing here 05:34:586 (1,2) - and here 05:34:800 (2,3) - even though they both have different snapping which makes all of this a bit confusing at this speed.
i know that the spacing there is different, gonna try to do something with this

Your buzz sliders are also very prone to breaks 04:18:193 (1) - 04:24:514 (1) - etc. The reason for that is that osu doesn't handle buzz sliders very well. The time widown in which the player can hit a 300 on a regular note is WAY lower than the time it takes for the slider to reach it's end. if this happens the player will simply break combo even though he would have been able to hit a 300 otherwise. Imo cheating a little and making them 1/8 would be better as it would not be noticeable and make the whole playing experience better.
fixed already after natsu's mod

Looking at the rest of the map I have a few more things to suggest :

02:27:943 (3) - I don't really like how this randomly covers so many sounds. In the rest of the section your clicking patterns is following most of the sounds. here you miss several important things for the sake of making sliderart : 02:28:371 - 02:28:800 - 02:29:228 - 02:29:657 -
fixed

I don't really like your OD5 choice because i don't really feel like it's justified here. Since this is a hard map it should also have the diff parameters that go with it. Players shouldn't just be able to play this and get 98% acc everytime regardless of their level lol
ok i didnt even set it up yet
Anyways I'd appreciate if you could respond to this properly (aka with rational points)

I wish you good luck.
thanks
neonat
Talked in-game

SPOILER
2017-04-08 20:08 hi-mei: hi
2017-04-08 20:08 hi-mei: can i take few mins of ur time
2017-04-08 20:09 hi-mei: i wud like to know ur opinion of one map
2017-04-08 20:09 hi-mei: if its possible...
2017-04-08 20:29 neonat: what map?
2017-04-08 20:33 hi-mei: ACTION is listening to [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1234537 KOAN Sound, Gemini, Culprate & Asa - Beyond The Shadows]
2017-04-08 20:39 neonat: long dl
2017-04-08 20:52 neonat: 00:42:086 (4) - the slider really doesn't look well here, a lot of unnecessary points and it doesn't blanket the previous pattern either
2017-04-08 20:52 hi-mei: ya
2017-04-08 20:52 hi-mei: gonna fix
2017-04-08 20:52 neonat: 00:47:228 (4) - same thing, the multiple points ruin the blanket
2017-04-08 20:52 neonat: the end is closer to 00:46:371 (1) -
2017-04-08 20:53 hi-mei: ok
2017-04-08 20:55 neonat: 01:06:943 (1) - would have been better if they were circles, due to the change in the music quite noticeable at 01:07:050 -
2017-04-08 20:56 neonat: 01:08:443 (3) - could be nicer if placed more to the right
2017-04-08 20:56 hi-mei: hm
2017-04-08 20:56 hi-mei: or maybe make it as reverse slider?
2017-04-08 20:56 hi-mei: 01:06:943 - these 3 sounds
2017-04-08 20:56 hi-mei: hmm
2017-04-08 20:57 hi-mei: ok fixed
2017-04-08 20:59 neonat: 01:22:693 (2) - reason for the slider end to not have drum whistle? you have it on the next two phrases at that same point 01:24:514 (3) - 01:26:228 (3) -
2017-04-08 20:59 hi-mei: my mistake
2017-04-08 20:59 hi-mei: fixed
2017-04-08 21:00 neonat: I think since u said u will go over them again, just note those like 01:30:407 (1) - don't blanket
2017-04-08 21:00 hi-mei: yea
2017-04-08 21:02 neonat: 01:59:014 (4,5) - NC? 1.3x difference is quite a big change
2017-04-08 21:02 neonat: etc.
2017-04-08 21:02 hi-mei: yea
2017-04-08 21:03 neonat: the distortion at 02:16:800 - is quite noticeable, but it's not at the start of the slider, you could try to change the pattern to fit that in as a clickable part
2017-04-08 21:04 hi-mei: yea
2017-04-08 21:04 hi-mei: nice find
2017-04-08 21:04 neonat: 02:22:800 (2,3) - I think the spacing is too close here, really too similar to 02:21:086 (4,1) - which occured not too long ago
2017-04-08 21:04 neonat: you could still stack it though
2017-04-08 21:05 neonat: 02:29:550 - and 02:29:657 - emphasize any of these beats?
2017-04-08 21:06 hi-mei: each of the beat
2017-04-08 21:06 hi-mei: has a red anchor and
2017-04-08 21:06 hi-mei: after than slider path changes
2017-04-08 21:06 hi-mei: changing*
2017-04-08 21:06 hi-mei: that*
2017-04-08 21:07 neonat: well just keep it in mind in case it comes again, because it might then be because though you visualize the beat, maybe it isn't strongly felt enough by the players/modders
2017-04-08 21:07 hi-mei: hmmm
2017-04-08 21:08 hi-mei: well i mean, its 4.5*
2017-04-08 21:08 hi-mei: and also its irregular rhythm
2017-04-08 21:08 hi-mei: which goes on 1/12
2017-04-08 21:08 hi-mei: so it would really feel awkward
2017-04-08 21:08 hi-mei: if i make them clickable
2017-04-08 21:08 neonat: 03:05:228 (1,1) - the overlap though also make sure to fix the sliderside blanket at the top
2017-04-08 21:08 hi-mei: hm well
2017-04-08 21:08 hi-mei: it was intentional
2017-04-08 21:09 neonat: 03:12:086 (1) - I think the ending curve could be more distinct from the rest of the slider
2017-04-08 21:09 hi-mei: to make palyer understand that
2017-04-08 21:09 neonat: kind of a mess of a ball atm
2017-04-08 21:09 hi-mei: the sedond slider will occour in the circular spot
2017-04-08 21:10 hi-mei: hmm well i cant really tell whats wrong with it, i honestly think its acceptable
2017-04-08 21:10 hi-mei: tho noone complained about it before
2017-04-08 21:10 neonat: 04:24:514 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1) - i think changing the spacing between them within the pattern doesn't look that good
2017-04-08 21:11 hi-mei: yea
2017-04-08 21:11 hi-mei: gonna fix
2017-04-08 21:12 neonat: 04:29:121 (2,3,4,5) - seems to be the most out-of-place pattern here
2017-04-08 21:12 neonat: in terms of shape
2017-04-08 21:12 hi-mei: hmm
2017-04-08 21:13 hi-mei: yea gotta try to do something with these
2017-04-08 21:13 neonat: 04:52:371 (1,2) - the SV change
2017-04-08 21:13 hi-mei: whats wrong with it?
2017-04-08 21:14 neonat: 05:20:228 (1,2) - well yeh
2017-04-08 21:14 neonat: NC?
2017-04-08 21:15 hi-mei: on each of them?
2017-04-08 21:15 neonat: on the ones with at least 0.5x change I believe
2017-04-08 21:15 hi-mei: ij
2017-04-08 21:15 hi-mei: ok
2017-04-08 21:16 neonat: that's the end of the map
2017-04-08 21:16 hi-mei: alright thanks
Yahuri
you asked for blanket mod so here it is

Where the heavens play
00:06:943 (1,1) - the second slider could curve around the head of the first slider better, the head of 00:13:800 (1) is farther than its body
00:28:371 (4) - i thought this would be like semi-straight but those anchors tho
00:30:086 (4,1) - blanket the red anchor, not wherever this ball is
00:31:586 (3,4) - blanket
00:46:371 (1,4) - since these sliders are somewhat far apart, it might look better if you just blanket the head of 1 instead
00:50:443 (3,4) - looks like 4 is a red anchor slider but its not, could blanket better if you switch it to red anchor
00:57:514 (5,1) - middle of 5 is a bit too close to 1
00:58:371 (1,2) - blanket
01:00:728 (4,5) - ^
01:02:443 (4,5) - ^
01:04:157 (4,5) - ^??
01:09:836 (1,1) - body of 01:10:371 (1) looks too far from tail of 01:09:836 (1)
01:14:657 (5,1) - this can just be a normal curve slider
01:21:836 (1,1) - double blanket?
01:40:371 (5,1) - the tail of 1 can wrap around 5 better
02:01:800 (1,2) - head of 2 is too close to body of 1
02:03:943 (3,5) - blanket?
02:16:693 (1,1,2,3) - the stacking here makes this look pretty bad imo
02:27:943 (1,2) - blanket
02:29:228 (5,1) - ^
03:22:371 (1,1) - red anchor of the first slider is too close to the head of the second slider
03:39:514 (1,1) - blanket the first half of 03:41:228 (1) around 03:39:514 (1)?
04:55:800 (1,2) - head of 2 too close to 1
04:56:228 (2,2) - head of 04:56:228 (2) too close to 04:57:085 (2)
05:31:371 (4,1) - body of 4 too close to head of 1
05:56:657 (2,1) - tail of 2 too close to 1

personally im not a fan of this aesthetic style but it seems to fit the song so its fine, just needs some polishing. i was moderately nazi here so let me know if you need clarification on what im trying to point out.
Good luck!
Topic Starter
hi-mei
thanks, gonna answer later today.
Osu Tatakae Ouendan
From WORLD'S LARGEST M4M QUEUE

(owo)
I hope this is ok please don't be mad if they're not as helpful /w\

00:29:550 (2) - I guess I would prefer if this was in a different direction something like this: http://puu.sh/vgJPu/e25e4f27c7.jpg You see with the first pattern 00:27:514 (1,2) - 1's direction causes the movement to 2 to feel like a mini-sharp drop due to the difference in direction, where as in 00:29:228 (1,2) - they're mostly in the same direction so I feel like the emphasis on the second slider is lost and it just feels weird to play. I feel like you more or less follow the same principle of differing directions on the rest of the map.
01:05:800 (3,4) - I feel like this should be spaced away from 01:05:550 (2) - similarly to previous patterns
01:53:228 (7) - NC? Feels like you NC every other downbeat or significantly different rhythm grouping on the previous patterns, then this here is not NC'd
01:54:943 (4) - NC? You did something similar on 02:07:800 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - and to me it works pretty well too
02:06:943 (6) - NC? For similar reason as above 01:53:228 (7) -
02:37:800 (4) - NC? Since it's somewhat a new grouping/section already
02:41:121 (5) - NC? You did something similar on 02:25:479 (5,1) -
04:37:586 (4) - personally I don't know if this can be read a slider, but up to you I guess

That's pretty much all I think I can find sorry /w\
Most of the movement checks out already, slider usage is interesting and reminds me of some good old stuff. Lovely use of directional changes on sliders and to me it kinda shows you know how to play around with movement. Slider shapes aren't really something I can deal with well so I can't mod those.
Hope this helps uwu
Topic Starter
hi-mei

Yahuri wrote:

you asked for blanket mod so here it is

Where the heavens play
00:06:943 (1,1) - the second slider could curve around the head of the first slider better, the head of 00:13:800 (1) is farther than its body
00:28:371 (4) - i thought this would be like semi-straight but those anchors tho
00:30:086 (4,1) - blanket the red anchor, not wherever this ball is
00:31:586 (3,4) - blanket
00:46:371 (1,4) - since these sliders are somewhat far apart, it might look better if you just blanket the head of 1 instead
00:50:443 (3,4) - looks like 4 is a red anchor slider but its not, could blanket better if you switch it to red anchor
00:57:514 (5,1) - middle of 5 is a bit too close to 1
00:58:371 (1,2) - blanket
01:00:728 (4,5) - ^
01:02:443 (4,5) - ^
01:04:157 (4,5) - ^??
01:09:836 (1,1) - body of 01:10:371 (1) looks too far from tail of 01:09:836 (1)
01:14:657 (5,1) - this can just be a normal curve slider
01:21:836 (1,1) - double blanket?
01:40:371 (5,1) - the tail of 1 can wrap around 5 better
02:01:800 (1,2) - head of 2 is too close to body of 1
02:03:943 (3,5) - blanket?
02:16:693 (1,1,2,3) - the stacking here makes this look pretty bad imo
@ idk
02:27:943 (1,2) - blanket
02:29:228 (5,1) - ^
03:22:371 (1,1) - red anchor of the first slider is too close to the head of the second slider
03:39:514 (1,1) - blanket the first half of 03:41:228 (1) around 03:39:514 (1)?
04:55:800 (1,2) - head of 2 too close to 1
04:56:228 (2,2) - head of 04:56:228 (2) too close to 04:57:085 (2)
05:31:371 (4,1) - body of 4 too close to head of 1
05:56:657 (2,1) - tail of 2 too close to 1

personally im not a fan of this aesthetic style but it seems to fit the song so its fine, just needs some polishing. i was moderately nazi here so let me know if you need clarification on what im trying to point out.
Good luck!
applied everything except mentioned place
big thanks!
Topic Starter
hi-mei

Osu Tatakae Ouendan wrote:

From WORLD'S LARGEST M4M QUEUE

(owo)
I hope this is ok please don't be mad if they're not as helpful /w\

00:29:550 (2) - I guess I would prefer if this was in a different direction something like this: http://puu.sh/vgJPu/e25e4f27c7.jpg You see with the first pattern 00:27:514 (1,2) - 1's direction causes the movement to 2 to feel like a mini-sharp drop due to the difference in direction, where as in 00:29:228 (1,2) - they're mostly in the same direction so I feel like the emphasis on the second slider is lost and it just feels weird to play. I feel like you more or less follow the same principle of differing directions on the rest of the map.
Ye its intentional
01:05:800 (3,4) - I feel like this should be spaced away from 01:05:550 (2) - similarly to previous patterns
01:53:228 (7) - NC? Feels like you NC every other downbeat or significantly different rhythm grouping on the previous patterns, then this here is not NC'd
01:54:943 (4) - NC? You did something similar on 02:07:800 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - and to me it works pretty well too
02:06:943 (6) - NC? For similar reason as above 01:53:228 (7) -
02:37:800 (4) - NC? Since it's somewhat a new grouping/section already
02:41:121 (5) - NC? You did something similar on 02:25:479 (5,1) -
04:37:586 (4) - personally I don't know if this can be read a slider, but up to you I guess
idk

That's pretty much all I think I can find sorry /w\
Most of the movement checks out already, slider usage is interesting and reminds me of some good old stuff. Lovely use of directional changes on sliders and to me it kinda shows you know how to play around with movement. Slider shapes aren't really something I can deal with well so I can't mod those.
Hope this helps uwu
applied everything except mentioned places
thanks
Naxess
Greetings

• [Where the heavens play]
  1. 00:28:371 (4) - 00:42:086 (4) - I'm guessing you changed the slider shapes and then accidentally moved the offset of the tails? This first one would probably end on 00:29:014 - , since there's a sound there, similarly to how 00:30:728 - 00:32:443 - were done. At 00:42:728 - there's a different sound, but it's still in the same place as in the previous.
  2. 01:00:407 (2) - Would use the same spacing from and to these sliders, for the sake of keeping visual spacing consistent. There's the argument that (3) is stronger, but minor differences in spacing won't really express that well, so focusing on aesthetics might be better in this case.
  3. 01:08:443 (3) - I'd avoid curving sliders this much. Generally they'll look quite cramped, and in this case it doesn't really fit the implied curve of 01:08:121 (1,2) - either. Along with this you could also try making a jump between 01:08:443 (3,1) - to emphasize the transition, for example by using Ctrl+G on all of 01:08:657 (1,2,4) - individually, moving the stack of 01:09:228 (3) - to the other edge of the slider accordingly. Additionally, could try lining up (2) like this to continue the theme.
  4. 01:10:693 (2,4) - Try keeping these symmetrical, there's also the same thing about cramped sliders applying to 01:11:014 (4) - atm. It may be a unique-ish sound, but again, minor differences like these won't really give that feeling; instead looking random as a result.
  5. 01:20:657 (1,2,1,2,3) - Considering that this transition is quite different from the rest, how about trying something different in terms of structure accordingly? For example using straight sliders to reflect the drums and providing some contrast between this and the previous section. This way it will also be easier to see the change in rhythm, as the change in aesthetics would indicate it.
  6. 01:24:514 (3,4,5,1) - The other parts went with a different flow concept than what is seen here, refer to 01:26:228 (3,4,5,1) - 01:27:943 (3,4,5,1) - , etc. I think if you did something like this, wherein the flow is following the same concept and things are still interacting visually, it would make these patterns more recognizable. This part specifically would also look a lot less random in regards to placement due to being consistent with the rest in principle.
  7. 01:31:371 (3,4,5) - Since these sounds are musically grouped, I'd suggest you keep the visual spacing consistent like the previous ones were done. Could try something along these lines to make it seem like (5) is interacting with (4), both in gameplay as well as structure.
  8. 01:33:836 (1,2) - Could try keeping the visual spacing between these similar to that of 01:33:836 (1,1) - for the sake of aesthetics. Additionally, since 01:34:371 (1) - is curved clockwise, how about making the stream curve counter-clockwise?
  9. 01:35:871 - Might be able to make use of this drum to create an anti-jump otherwise, up to you though.
  10. 01:36:086 (1,2,3,4,5) - Flow feels a bit too straight around here, try using Ctrl+G on 01:36:728 (4) - . The notes at 01:36:086 (1,2,3) - are also overlapping a bit much, making it look rather cramped. Usually you'd want to refrain from having something overlapping both head and tail of a single slider, which (2) is currently doing. Doesn't look very visually pleasing as is.
  11. 01:38:228 (3,4,5) - Looks a bit random in terms of structure. Could try having (4) parallel or whatnot to (3), for instance.
  12. 01:39:943 (3,4) - I can see that it's intentional, but again, cramped sliders, even being intentional, usually don't look very good. Similarly to how you'd want to avoid having other notes overlapping both head and tail of a single slider, you'd also want to avoid having that same slider's head and tail overlapping. Or at least when the inside borders aren't visible, which goes for 01:39:943 (3) - especially.
  13. 01:40:693 (1,1) - Quite noticeable that these aren't interacting well. There's also other things like 01:41:657 (3,4,5) - 01:42:943 (1,2,3,4,5) - looking a bit random. Try making visuals you want to express consistent and repeating in principle, as to make them familiar. That way you'll enforce a structure and avoid the problem of having things look out of place. If you went by my previous suggestions, 01:38:228 (3,4) - 01:39:943 (3,4) - would be similar, and as such you could try continuing that concept by applying it to 01:41:657 (3,4) - 01:43:371 (3,4) - 01:45:086 (3,4) - , as an example. This paragraph applies to things from 01:36:086 - to 01:45:514 - , so be sure to check this part.
  14. 01:52:371 (6) - Could shape the path with more of a circular motion. Atm it looks quite strange near the end, and the spike also doesn't stand out too well
  15. 01:53:228 (7) - Using this many red points placed half-inconsistently across the path makes it look kind of odd. Might be able to shape it with way less red points to express the same sound.
  16. 01:56:657 (1,2) - Overlap between these looks unintentional, might want to space them slightly more, for instance.
  17. 01:58:586 (2,3,4) - Their rotations seem to lack any specific pattern, try doing something like having them be an equal triangle and then each slider going in towards the middle or outwards or to the next slider or whatnot, for the sake of structure. As long as they're rotations of 120 degrees apart it'll look good.
  18. 01:58:586 (2,3,4) - Speaking of these, the SV is kind of questionable imo. I mean the sounds are rather close together, which usually correlates with high intensity, but the SV, being very low, kind of contradicts that. Makes for slightly awkward flow in gameplay as well. The fact that they're not very consistent, 02:03:514 (1,2,3,4) - 02:00:086 (1,2,3,4) - , makes it's execution a bit weird as well.
  19. 02:05:443 (2,3) - The whole back-and-forth idea kind of breaks here, which in turn also damages the structure. Spacing becomes different as a result and 02:05:871 (4) - is now emphasized differently compared to that of 02:00:728 (4) - and so on and so forth. Try working a bit on the consistency of this idea to make it more apparent and defined. Since the other sliders are quite diverse, I'd also recommend more diverse patterns for these, which will be easier to accomplish with higher SV, as the slider paths will be more visible. This applies up to 02:15:086 - .
  20. 02:12:943 (5) - The problem with mixing large sliders with parts with circles like this is that they're not interacting, which in turn makes the slider and/or circles look out of place. Generally to solve this, you'd just have the slider blanket one or more of the circles, making it seem like the large slider is part of the structure of everything else, thus fitting in properly.
  21. 02:17:228 (1,2,3) - The stack you've got here looks pretty bad with View > Stacking on.
  22. 02:18:943 - Having this sound be clickable would probably make this rhythm less awkward, since starting a note on a stronger sound, 02:18:943 - , is more predictable than starting one on a weaker sound, 02:19:050 - , as the buzz drops out of priority at 02:18:943 - . Along with this you'd probably want to end the repeats at 02:18:889 - , and potentially making a triple or stream into (2), or simply having another slider.
  23. 02:24:942 (4) - I don't hear anything in the song that would warrant filling this slider with red anchors. As far as I can hear, 02:18:085 (4) - is the same sound, and that one doesn't have red points all over... but either way, like mentioned earlier, using too many red points in a curve tends to not look very visually pleasing. Same goes for 02:26:657 (3) - 02:31:800 (2) - 02:38:657 (2) - etc.
  24. 04:13:800 - I realize the rhythm is getting complex here, and that certain sections can't really be rhythmically consistent because of that, but atm the placement looks really random around here. The large spacing between circles, vastly differing spacing for same snappings of similar intensity, odd rotation of sliders, etc. makes creating a recognizable structure very difficult, as the line between what is common and what isn't becomes very muddled. Alright so spoke IRC about this, replaced some of the circles with sliders to avoid unwarranted contrast, as well as stacked some circles into anti-jumps to accent certain sounds. Can probably still move around notes to improve placement and stuff, though. Would also like parts like 04:14:228 - to be turned into sliders etc (wait do I have an outdated version? 04:19:907 (2,3) - is still unstacked lol).
  25. 04:29:443 (4) - Copying from 1.70x into 1.40x won't really give a snapping that will translate properly into anything in 1/16 nor 1/12, so consider snapping this.
  26. 04:38:764 (3) - I think this would work better being stacked on 04:38:871 (1) - . This way it'll be static as the pattern starts, rather than moving straight into it like a spaced stream. Looks a bit better as well imo.
  27. 04:45:085 (2,3,4) - Mentioned this earlier, basically avoid overlapping both head and tail.
  28. 04:47:657 (2,3) - Seems strange that 04:47:228 (1) - would approach these circles quickly only to have the momentum slow down. Might work better if they were stacked. They are pretty much the same sounds, after all. That way the slowdown will also be less unexpected. Could do the same for 04:51:085 (2,3) - .
  29. 04:58:157 (3,1) - I'd avoid this sort of flow, as it forces acceleration in the other direction to hit (1). Would try something like this.
  30. 05:01:371 - Could potentially use 04:57:943 (2,3) - here as well, as it sounds the same. That way you'll also cover some of the vocals in the process.
  31. 05:02:657 (1,3) - This overlap looks kind of strange. Even if the head and tail are free from the path of the other one, individually the slider isn't really interacting with anything. Could otherwise try blanketing the path of (1).
  32. 05:04:585 (1) - Paths with strong curves midway through don't tend to look too good by themselves, would try more of a spike like you've got at 05:09:943 (2) - , for example. That way you'll likely also avoid stuff like this. I say "likely" because 05:32:228 (2) - seems to have those as well, which isn't good.
  33. 05:12:835 (4) - There's some other minor visual stuff here as well. Would also try making 04:57:943 (2,3) - more circular, perhaps with a sharper turn. Could have 05:02:228 (4) - interact with 05:01:157 (1) - and so on and so forth. You get the idea. Aesthetics are a bit lacking at parts. Goes for the things in between 05:01:157 - and 05:04:586 - especially, as it's rather barren, leading to the visual aspects standing out more.
  34. 05:34:264 (2,3,1) - Refrain from having slider trains like this, as following them flow-wise is pretty awkward. Try having every other note going in the opposite direction or whatnot. Although this is a 1/8 gap, which you mentioned would be too much spacing in irc, so up to you if you want to change the rhythm or something along those lines.

Most of the slower parts with sliders look fine, but the faster parts look a bit random sometimes in terms of placement and what is being interacted with visually, most notable after where the preview time is. There's also a bunch of minor aesthetic things like the way curves are done on some of the faster sliders, 05:01:157 (1) - 05:04:585 (1) - . Overall aesthetics and placement is probably the most noticeable things atm, so try working more on that, especially in the other half of the map.
Good luck!
Topic Starter
hi-mei
kill me
show more