forum

Offset

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
choppystick
How do I properly tuned it? pls help
OperaMini0
0 is fine, it only affects the audio (which isn't very important in mania)
Tripletth

OperaMini0 wrote:

u wot.
OperaMini0

Tripletth wrote:

OperaMini0 wrote:

u wot.
If the sound is 100ms late (or missing) it doesn't affect my timing, if the notes are 10ms late (visually) it does.
Sandy Hoey
It is probablt best as stated above to leave the offset at 0. The only times that you should change it is when you are getting a dely in sound due to your equipment or the map is poorly timed. Otherwise, the accuracy is probably from your own error
johnmedina999
This is a very good read and will likely answer all of your questions.
t/520059
ArcherLove
if you are playing with speaker, 30~70 are the best
depend what game you come from.

example, SM would be around 60~70.
o2jam would be 35~50 etc
Full Tablet
You could set a high negative universal offset (~-50ms) to make the sound of your keyboard presses match the music better, but that makes hitsounds and keysounds sound off-sync (so, if you change your universal offset this way, it's recommended to mute hitsounds). A big disadvantage of doing this is that keysounded maps could lack integrity. The best way of calibrating offset this way is by recording gameplay with a mic and analyzing the sound waves.

Another alternative is matching the hitsounds to the music, which usually requires a universal offset of about 0ms (or a slightly ~10ms positive universal offset if you use hitsounds with faster attack times than the standard). To calibrate this, use software to record the game audio while using hitsounds. Note that the hitsound delay has considerable variance because of the buffer system of the sound engine of the game (a perfectly set offset on a song with perfect rhythm can have delays of up to 5ms late or early)
Topic Starter
choppystick

Full Tablet wrote:

You could set a high negative universal offset (~-50ms) to make the sound of your keyboard presses match the music better, but that makes hitsounds and keysounds sound off-sync (so, if you change your universal offset this way, it's recommended to mute hitsounds). A big disadvantage of doing this is that keysounded maps could lack integrity. The best way of calibrating offset this way is by recording gameplay with a mic and analyzing the sound waves.

Another alternative is matching the hitsounds to the music, which usually requires a universal offset of about 0ms (or a slightly ~10ms positive universal offset if you use hitsounds with faster attack times than the standard). To calibrate this, use software to record the game audio while using hitsounds. Note that the hitsound delay has considerable variance because of the buffer system of the sound engine of the game (a perfectly set offset on a song with perfect rhythm can have delays of up to 5ms late or early)
wut
johnmedina999

Full Tablet wrote:

Another alternative is matching the hitsounds to the music, which usually requires a universal offset of about 0ms (or a slightly ~10ms positive universal offset if you use hitsounds with faster attack times than the standard).

Now I'm curious, what would be considered a standard attack time? I was under the impression that 0ms attack time would be better because of no delay, and I have my offset at 0 as well. But I feel as if I'm doing something wrong now.
Full Tablet

johnmedina999 wrote:

Full Tablet wrote:

Another alternative is matching the hitsounds to the music, which usually requires a universal offset of about 0ms (or a slightly ~10ms positive universal offset if you use hitsounds with faster attack times than the standard).
Now I'm curious, what would be considered a standard attack time? I was under the impression that 0ms attack time would be better because of no delay, and I have my offset at 0 as well. But I feel as if I'm doing something wrong now.
In the default skin, the soft hitnormal sound (the one most commonly used for osu!mania maps) has an attack time of about 8ms, so if you use a custom hitsound with a shorter attack, you might want to change the offset slightly.
johnmedina999

Full Tablet wrote:

In the default skin, the soft hitnormal sound (the one most commonly used for osu!mania maps) has an attack time of about 8ms, so if you use a custom hitsound with a shorter attack, you might want to change the offset slightly.
Thank you