forum

Help me please :(

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sk8forlife51
Okay so i've been playing OSU! off and on for around a year now and I can tell that i'm getting better as the days go on but there is one issue i've come across that will probably be the end of my OSU! career. I am a mouse user and for these past couple of weeks everytime I try to play a beatmap that exceeds AR 9 I get this sharp stabbing pain in the knuckle on my thumb. I've tried raising my sensitivity and even putting less grip on my mouse and yet that stabbing pain will not go away. So my question is.. Should I stick with mouse and bare through the pain or will switching to a pen help?
Sandy Hoey
Sharp stabbing pain is never good. It could just be caused by the mouse you are using not being the right shape for your hand or for the grip you are using. The two solutions that I see would be to get a tablet or a new mouse, both of which are not guaranteed to solve your issue. However, I will say that if the problem persists, you should go seek the advice of an actual doctor because pain is never normal and signals you that something is wrong
Topic Starter
sk8forlife51
Yeah i'll try to get a different mouse. Should I quit playing OSU! because of this though? It's really hard to stop playing when you see improvements..
Sandy Hoey
You can always try one of the other game modes if you dont want to quit because none of them require the use of a mouse. They are pretty fun to
Sayorie
No. Go to a doctor first. You probably have some bad habits or posture which led to that so quickly. Push yourself even more and you probably won't be able to play osu! again.
Topic Starter
sk8forlife51
Yeah OSU! mania is pretty fun. I don't see a point in going to the doctor about it when it's something that only occurs on OSU! and i'm sure they would just suggest me to stop playing or stop playing as much.
Sayorie
I was about to finish a wall of text but you don't seem to listen at all
jesus christ
Topic Starter
sk8forlife51
MMno I comprehended what you posted and gave you a response.