forum

[Experimental] Death Note: The Forum Game (GAME OVER)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Lilac
Someone pushed LS off.

Now we need to know.

Here are a few possibilities:

* Killer found that LS contributed greatly towards the detectives side. Person obviously found LS a great threat.
* From this, it would mean that the person is either really afraid of LS catching on, or that previous Mafia games meant that it would be a risk to them.

Anyone else got any other ideas?
Ph0X
My idea is that you are the killer.
Topic Starter
vytalibus

LadySuburu wrote:

Hey vyt can I still talk to players outside of thread?
I would like you to refrain from giving out anything that might influence the game in any way. Otherwise, feel free to comment on what is happening.
LadySuburu

vytalibus wrote:

LadySuburu wrote:

Hey vyt can I still talk to players outside of thread?
I would like you to refrain from giving out anything that might influence the game in any way. Otherwise, feel free to comment on what is happening.
Will do. Might want to put a similar note in the OP.
Lilac
I'm nominating DxS to be scanned still.
Topic Starter
vytalibus
Today's tally:
Lilac votes against DeathxShinigami

Number of votes needed to put an investigation: 4

(Dead players cannot vote, obviously. There is no paper in the Afterlife.)
Lilac
Let's be particually honest here. When LS died, there were only a few people online at the time. Considering if the killer PM'd vyt for a kill at around the same time that vyt got it, this would limit it to only a few people.

*Me
*Ph0X
*DxS

If you want, you can investigate all 3 of us and that's really all you have to do.
Azure_Kite
So LadySuburu's dead already ;~;

reading LS's posts though, there's not a lot in there that isn't common sense.

For now, Lilac's suggestion that the Killer was online around the time the death was announced doesn't necessarily make sense to me. What if the Killer simply sent a PM and logged off, and Vyt picked up the kill request when he next logged on?

I'll keep thinking about it, for now.
Sleep Powder
Suicide kill?

Vote: Lilac

Let's start with you...
Lilac

Azure_Kyte wrote:

For now, Lilac's suggestion that the Killer was online around the time the death was announced doesn't necessarily make sense to me. What if the Killer simply sent a PM and logged off, and Vyt picked up the kill request when he next logged on?

There is that possibility, which is why I said "if". I mean, there's even one person who's not here. It's really the best lead so far. In fact, I'd also be more worried about the people who HAVEN'T contributed... It's what made me lose in Kingdom Royale.
Haseo_old

Lilac wrote:

Let's be particually honest here. When LS died, there were only a few people online at the time. Considering if the killer PM'd vyt for a kill at around the same time that vyt got it, this would limit it to only a few people.

*Me
*Ph0X
*DxS

If you want, you can investigate all 3 of us and that's really all you have to do.

Azure_Kyte wrote:

So LadySuburu's dead already ;~;

reading LS's posts though, there's not a lot in there that isn't common sense.

I'm really confused right now, but what I quoted about Lilac and Kyte made me think:
There is a possibility that the killer did not sent the kill PM by private message.It might be even sent outside the website itself. Ph0X isn't even contributing, so this made him suspicious.

Vote:Ph0X
Lilac
There are very few websites that vyt looks outside and can get a message. That doesn't make any sense at all, but I'm not sure about vyt's websites and the killer.

Also, until that post YOU weren't contributing either. Don't you dare think about blaming anyone else yet.
Azure_Kite
that's certainly a possibility; It's often the lurkers who are the culprits, flying under the radar.

I don't think we need to consider external sources for the Kill, though. Any way you look at it, the Killer is able to notify the host without anyone else knowing. A PM is for the most part, private, hence the acronym. So that's a dead end.

For now, Voting Ph0x, simply because at this point, I'm suspecting a low flying Participant.
Sleep Powder
Idea: If someone bandwagon votes for an investigation. The Chief will most likely go with the investigation.

Also, hi Haseo.
Topic Starter
vytalibus
I am extending this day for 18 more hours (after this post) for the undecided and recently-inactive. As of yet, here is the tally for the nominations:

Lilac votes against DeathxShinigami
animask votes against Lilac
Haseo votes against Ph0x
Azure_Kyte votes against Ph0x

Votes needed to nominate someone up for investigation: 4

Stay frosty, fellows. Whether an investigation goes or not for this day could decide the outcome.
Lilac
Unvote, Vote: Ph0X. Might as well investigate SOMEONE.
Sleep Powder
same

unvote, Vote: Ph0X

Lets do Lilac next~
Ph0X

animask wrote:

Idea: If someone bandwagon votes for an investigation. The Chief will most likely go with the investigation.
Huh? I don't know what you mean.
Topic Starter
vytalibus
Four votes have been casted for Ph0x. He has been nominated for investigation.

The Chief Detective shall review the nomination and message me for his/her confirmation.
Haseo_old

Lilac wrote:

Also, until that post YOU weren't contributing either. Don't you dare think about blaming anyone else yet.
Sorry, school's been hard on me lately -.-
Topic Starter
vytalibus
IMPORTANT EVENT

The silence of the establishment was broken by the echoey voice from the speakers.

"The Chief Detective has given you the right to investigate Ph0x. You may proceed as planned."

Ph0x was brought to the center of the room, tied and bound to a chair. A long series of sessions laid upon him, as each individual questioned his integrity and motive.

Hours had passed, and they could find no reasonable platform to judge him against. They found Ph0x innocent of all crimes.

And thus the end of the first day approached.

Day 1 has ended, and with that, Day 2 has started.

However, due to a failed investigation from the previous day, no investigation shall commence today. Discussions among the group are still permitted. The Killer is still on the loose, and will continue to wreck havoc upon your group. Think carefully about what had transpired already.

You have around 72 hours for this day.
Sleep Powder
@Ph0X, the Chief can deny an investigation and once the required votes are met, the Chief will (most likely) choose the deny option. With this in mind, I think the Killer would try to accuse someone else of being Killer and avoid reaching the required amount of votes needed. (or will vote for themself as a way of saying they aren't Killer)

New Idea: What would the Killer do if he/she was almost voted enough to be investigated?
Would they try to defend them-self? If so, that would make them suspicious.

Question for everyone: What do you think is the best way to find the Killer?
Ph0X

animask wrote:

@Ph0X, the Chief can deny an investigation and once the required votes are met, the Chief will (most likely) choose the deny option.
What makes you say that?

animask wrote:

Question for everyone: What do you think is the best way to find the Killer?
See who's most passionate.
Haseo_old

vytalibus wrote:

They found Ph0x innocent of all crimes.
That leads DxS to be a suspect,although it's unlikely.
Sleep Powder
@Ph0X, the events that occur when denying an investigation would be failure the next day, finding someone innocent the next (counts as failure) or finding the Killer (win).

...oh wait. I had a typo in my last post.

I meant most likely not... :?
Topic Starter
vytalibus
GM ANNOUNCEMENT

I will be away on a short vacation this weekend. I am not sure if I will be able to access the internet by then. Therefore, I will be extending the deadline by another 24 hours.

Enjoy your discussions.
DeathxShinigami
@Haseo, why me all of a sudden? You don't seem to have any reasoning within your post and on top of that no one voted upon me during Day 1.

If anything I suspect Lilac as he was the one to generate the "list of activity" during day 1.
Haseo_old

DeathxShinigami wrote:

If anything I suspect Lilac as he was the one to generate the "list of activity" during day 1.
You've got a point there, but saying that whoever generates the "list of activity" suspicious also makes Kyte suspicious.

I'm new to this
Topic Starter
vytalibus
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Day 1
---
Gagged and bound, sent here with six others. Not sure how long I've been knocked out. Speakers slapped all around the establishment, with monotonous voice booming from them. Recognized this as my superior. He must really want me to tackle the investigation.

---
Killer claimed his first victim already. I could tell because LadySuburu has the integrity not to foolishly fall to death. I could smell his hands dripping in blood already.

---
I have to get these guys to trust me on this. In this twisted game, we have to cooperate to survive.

---
Investigated Ph0x. Had an initial suspicion of him knowing a lot about psychological warfare. Turns out he's just playing it smart.
Day 2
---
Can't investigate today, or Killer will break his own rules and finish us off. We have to wait.

---
No... We have to wait...

---
I haev totel ltheambo-
DeathxShinigami was holding his journal when he fell into a deep slumber. A very deep one. Most likely a permanent one, judging by his lack of pulse.

DeathxShinigami has been killed.
Topic Starter
vytalibus
Day 3... And Beyond.

"... I hope you got your wish, Killer. Six detectives, and you played them around on a silver platter. If I was as sick-minded as you are, I'd be impressed by you taking only two days to win at your own game."

The man, alone in a dark-pitched room, looked at the only door as it opened. The Killer stepped inside, making his presence known.

"Azure_Kyte... You sick maniac..."

Azure_Kyte kept silent. He would not want to waste his breath on a dead man, anyway.

THE KILLER (Azure_Kyte) HAS WON!

Killer:
Azure_Kyte

Chief Detective:
DeathxShinigami

Detectives:
Haseo
Lilac
LadySuburu
Ph0x
animask
The game was abrupt, but I learned a lot of things to develop along the way. I appreciate all your cooperation during this brief tenure.

If you have any questions, or would like to leave a comment about the game itself, feel free to do so. I will mostly likely hold another round soon, preferably with the other variant.
Haseo_old
TRI-EDGE WAS THE KILLER? WHY THE POOT DIDN'T I NOTICED THAT?
That was fast. I was going to go all PW on everyone, yet screaming at quotes can only be a dream
NoHitter
Thoughts:
I think that this game was really a clear Killer win in the first place.
Killer had to kill Chief Detective. He could do this once per day.
Detectives had to find killer. They could do this once per two days.
Basically Killer has a higher chance of winning because he has twice the number of attempts the detectives have.
And both are targeting one person.

Perhaps you could make it equal?
Or add a role that could target and guard someone and die instead of the target?
Topic Starter
vytalibus

NoHItter wrote:

Thoughts:
I think that this game was really a clear Killer win in the first place.
Killer had to kill Chief Detective. He could do this once per day.
Detectives had to find killer. They could do this once per two days.
Basically Killer has a higher chance of winning because he has twice the number of attempts the detectives have.
And both are targeting one person.

Perhaps you could make it equal?
Or add a role that could target and guard someone and die instead of the target?
I was playing more on the what ifs. Also consider the following:

Seven players, one killer.
Killer has 1 out of 6 chances to kill CD. He kills each day, and if he kills a non-CD, his chances increases. However, he has no clue who the CD is, no matter what.
Detectives can only investigate once every two days at most. They also have the same chances. However, even a failed investigation can give them an edge, because it means they can actually trust that person they investigated. There are underlying psychological benefits from investigations that I kept in there.
That, and even with the chances, the Killer makes his own risk. Sure he gets a bigger chance of finding the CD for every kill, but that also gives the Detectives the same amount of chances.

I will admit, however, that the "no consecutive investigation" rule was added in late because otherwise, there wouldn't be much thought given into nominating a person up for investigation. Because it's basically one versus everyone else, I figured the bigger group has to give a much deeper thought into their actions, and sum them all up together to find a good plan in figuring out the Killer.

I'm very reluctant into adding another role for a variant targetted towards a small player pool because new mechanics would potentially break the whole "let's figure out who the Killer is" mechanics.