forum

[Experimental] Death Note: The Forum Game (GAME OVER)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Lilac
There's only one killer though...

...Oh you. :P
Sleep Powder
Roleclaim: Killer

Hammer time~
Sleep Powder
um...

Inspection time~
Lilac

Ph0X wrote:

Great; thanks for ruining the game, animask.
Azure_Kite
I am ever so slightly confused in regards to the last few posts here. Oh well.
Topic Starter
vytalibus

animask wrote:

@MOD

Does the Chief Detective get replaced if killed...?
No.
Ph0X
I am more active.
Sleep Powder
How active does this game need to be?

Roleclaim: Chief Detective

:D
DeathxShinigami
lololol nice one animask

Nominate: animask for investigation.

GG everyone.
Sleep Powder
@DxS (and some other people), since there is only 1 killer and 1 chief detective, the killer should be able to kill a random lurker without
much risk. While the detectives can't just decide based on suspicion, because the odds are against us on Day 1.

You have to remember that only the Killer may kill someone. The detectives will not be able to kill any detectives that they investigate.

But, the beginning is the best time to vote for someone to investigate, because the Killer will probably want to find out who the Chief Detective could be after the 2nd Day. If the Killer kills too many people and doesn't find the Cheif ( and vice versa ), our chances of finding the Killer will also increase. So the Killer will want to kill before too many innocent people are found out. In other words, the killer will want to kill the person who everyone votes for to inspect.

There's my thoughts on this game...

Also, don't play this like a mafia game.
Sleep Powder
Addition to previous post...

I forgot to read what I typed before entering...

Only the Killer may kill. Detectives will want to find who is guilty AND innocent.

The Killer will use the bad investigations (after 1 investigation) to kill TWICE, but will possibly only kill once on the first bad inspection.

Detectives should investigate on the first day.

Odds for finding the Killer/Chief increase when we investigate or the Killer kills.

That's all that needs to be said...
DeathxShinigami
I'm not playing this like a mafia game cause I know already thanks to pregame that you aren't the chief detective. Before I go into detail however why you aren't Chief Detective I'd like you to admit that you lied about your roleclaim.

So now is your chance...
Lilac
I nominate to investigate DxS.

I don't believe animask is lieing, but if he is, we know he's the killer.
LadySuburu
According to the response I got from vyt pre-game, if the chief says no to an investigation request, then we lose that day's investigation anyway. So investigating incorrectly and saying no have similar results, only I would think getting the confirmed non-killer, and having a chance to get a killer, would be better than not.

Incorrect Invest: Confirmed player, lose next day's investigate.
Denied Invest: Lose today's investigate.
No Invest (If possible): No penalty, but no chance to find killer.

Out of those options, incorrect and no investigation are the best two. I reccomend that the chief never deny a request, based on that.

Also, from what I've understood based on what's posted in the rules, the killer has to kill each day. Even if he didn't, I wouldn't see much of a reason for him to choose not to, so we should expect a kill each day regardless.

At this point, I'd agree with an animask or DxS investigation.
Azure_Kite
I don't think animask would be serious in roleclaiming such an important role. It's essentially the same as committing suicide in this game. At the same time, if animask were the killer, they wouldn't want to cast suspicion on their character (which, of course, claiming to be CI would do).

By this reasoning, I believe animask is an ordinary detective.

Not nominating anybody at this point in time.
Sleep Powder
Azure_Kyte wins.

@LS, I had a feeling I would be getting some things wrong, but with the rules and such, I was generally right.
You're theory sounds like a MafiaScum kind of theory, but it works too. (Mafia will want to always kill.) The only thing that was
different was that denying a investigation counts as a fail.

Can we unvote and revote?
LadySuburu

animask wrote:

Azure_Kyte wins.

@LS, I had a feeling I would be getting some things wrong, but with the rules and such, I was generally right.
You're theory sounds like a MafiaScum kind of theory, but it works too. (Mafia will want to always kill.) The only thing that was
different was that denying a investigation counts as a fail.

The main important difference is that an investigation does not remove the investigated player from the game, and when incorrect gives us someone who is confirmed not to be the killer. Of course we lose the next day's investigation, which gives us a few chances to lose.

This game is based off of mafia, so mafia theory can work here just as well. Of course, taking note of any differences is important.
DeathxShinigami
Well then...

Un nominating for now.
Ph0X

animask wrote:

Azure_Kyte wins.
That's not how you gambit...
Sleep Powder

Ph0X wrote:

animask wrote:

Azure_Kyte wins.
That's not how you gambit...
At first I was like, "What? That wasn't a gambit."

Then after thinking about it for a few seconds I was like, "lol, icwudt"
Topic Starter
vytalibus
IMPORTANT EVENT.

As the members begin to disperse to ponder about LadySuburu's statements, LadySuburu just stopped and looked at the catwalk they were on. It was several yards away from cold, hard cement, and no one would ever dare step on the safety railing and jump over.

But LadySuburu suddenly had this question: what sound would a person make when they fall down?

In an instant, LadySuburu's feet were already over the railing. Over and off.

No one ever saw the leap. All they saw afterwards was the mush and pile of mess that was LadySuburu.

One can only wonder if LadySuburu ever found the answer to the last question.

LadySuburu has been killed.

---

animask wrote:

As long as the condition for a investigation suggestion is not met (votes against a person must total to half of the remaining players (rounded down) plus one), yes. This means a vote that would meet that condition cannot be retracted.
LadySuburu

vytalibus wrote:

IMPORTANT EVENT.

As the members begin to disperse to ponder about LadySuburu's statements, LadySuburu just stopped and looked at the catwalk they were on. It was several yards away from cold, hard cement, and no one would ever dare step on the safety railing and jump over.

But LadySuburu suddenly had this question: what sound would a person make when they fall down?

In an instant, LadySuburu's feet were already over the railing. Over and off.

No one ever saw the leap. All they saw afterwards was the mush and pile of mess that was LadySuburu.

One can only wonder if LadySuburu ever found the answer to the last question.

LadySuburu has been killed.
Hey vyt can I still talk to players outside of thread?

Also oooooh I'm a ghost.
Lilac
Someone pushed LS off.

Now we need to know.

Here are a few possibilities:

* Killer found that LS contributed greatly towards the detectives side. Person obviously found LS a great threat.
* From this, it would mean that the person is either really afraid of LS catching on, or that previous Mafia games meant that it would be a risk to them.

Anyone else got any other ideas?
Ph0X
My idea is that you are the killer.
Topic Starter
vytalibus

LadySuburu wrote:

I would like you to refrain from giving out anything that might influence the game in any way. Otherwise, feel free to comment on what is happening.
LadySuburu

vytalibus wrote:

LadySuburu wrote:

I would like you to refrain from giving out anything that might influence the game in any way. Otherwise, feel free to comment on what is happening.
Will do. Might want to put a similar note in the OP.
Lilac
I'm nominating DxS to be scanned still.
Topic Starter
vytalibus
Today's tally:
Lilac votes against DeathxShinigami

Number of votes needed to put an investigation: 4

(Dead players cannot vote, obviously. There is no paper in the Afterlife.)
Lilac
Let's be particually honest here. When LS died, there were only a few people online at the time. Considering if the killer PM'd vyt for a kill at around the same time that vyt got it, this would limit it to only a few people.

*Me
*Ph0X
*DxS

If you want, you can investigate all 3 of us and that's really all you have to do.
Azure_Kite
So LadySuburu's dead already ;~;

reading LS's posts though, there's not a lot in there that isn't common sense.

For now, Lilac's suggestion that the Killer was online around the time the death was announced doesn't necessarily make sense to me. What if the Killer simply sent a PM and logged off, and Vyt picked up the kill request when he next logged on?

I'll keep thinking about it, for now.
Sleep Powder
Suicide kill?

Vote: Lilac

Let's start with you...
Lilac

Azure_Kyte wrote:

For now, Lilac's suggestion that the Killer was online around the time the death was announced doesn't necessarily make sense to me. What if the Killer simply sent a PM and logged off, and Vyt picked up the kill request when he next logged on?

There is that possibility, which is why I said "if". I mean, there's even one person who's not here. It's really the best lead so far. In fact, I'd also be more worried about the people who HAVEN'T contributed... It's what made me lose in Kingdom Royale.
Haseo_old

Lilac wrote:

Let's be particually honest here. When LS died, there were only a few people online at the time. Considering if the killer PM'd vyt for a kill at around the same time that vyt got it, this would limit it to only a few people.

*Me
*Ph0X
*DxS

If you want, you can investigate all 3 of us and that's really all you have to do.

Azure_Kyte wrote:

So LadySuburu's dead already ;~;

reading LS's posts though, there's not a lot in there that isn't common sense.

I'm really confused right now, but what I quoted about Lilac and Kyte made me think:
There is a possibility that the killer did not sent the kill PM by private message.It might be even sent outside the website itself. Ph0X isn't even contributing, so this made him suspicious.

Vote:Ph0X
Lilac
There are very few websites that vyt looks outside and can get a message. That doesn't make any sense at all, but I'm not sure about vyt's websites and the killer.

Also, until that post YOU weren't contributing either. Don't you dare think about blaming anyone else yet.
Azure_Kite
that's certainly a possibility; It's often the lurkers who are the culprits, flying under the radar.

I don't think we need to consider external sources for the Kill, though. Any way you look at it, the Killer is able to notify the host without anyone else knowing. A PM is for the most part, private, hence the acronym. So that's a dead end.

For now, Voting Ph0x, simply because at this point, I'm suspecting a low flying Participant.
Sleep Powder
Idea: If someone bandwagon votes for an investigation. The Chief will most likely go with the investigation.

Also, hi Haseo.
Topic Starter
vytalibus
I am extending this day for 18 more hours (after this post) for the undecided and recently-inactive. As of yet, here is the tally for the nominations:

Lilac votes against DeathxShinigami
animask votes against Lilac
Haseo votes against Ph0x
Azure_Kyte votes against Ph0x

Votes needed to nominate someone up for investigation: 4

Stay frosty, fellows. Whether an investigation goes or not for this day could decide the outcome.
Lilac
Unvote, Vote: Ph0X. Might as well investigate SOMEONE.
Sleep Powder
same

unvote, Vote: Ph0X

Lets do Lilac next~
Ph0X

animask wrote:

Idea: If someone bandwagon votes for an investigation. The Chief will most likely go with the investigation.
Huh? I don't know what you mean.
show more