forum

[Experimental] Death Note: The Forum Game (GAME OVER)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kokizi
/join

for "cleanse the world" setup, that is.
Haseo_old
/join Cleanse the World
Topic Starter
vytalibus
Kokizi and Ahegaokin: The number of registrants is not huge enough for "Cleanse the World" to start. I concur we need at least 9 players to start.

Six of the registrants have already confirmed their registrations. However, I will give a bit of leeway for everyone else: registration will be open for 24 hours after this post; afterwards, it will be closed, and the number of registrants by that time will be taken to see which variant we will be playing.
Haseo_old
It seems that The Killer is Among Us will be the game style we'll be playing, so I got some questions:

You said that there are 2 groups: The Killer and The Detectives.
Does that mean theres only ONE killer?
How will Killers kill without the Detectives( other Killers for CTW) knowing?
You said 6 players: so that means it's a 5 against 1 match for TKIAU right?

Please correct me if I missed something. Thank you in advance.
Topic Starter
vytalibus

Ahegaokin wrote:

It seems that The Killer is Among Us will be the game style we'll be playing, so I got some questions:

You said that there are 2 groups: The Killer and The Detectives.
Does that mean theres only ONE killer?
How will Killers kill without the Detectives( other Killers for CTW) knowing?
You said 6 players: so that means it's a 5 against 1 match for TKIAU right?

Please correct me if I missed something. Thank you in advance.
Most of the time, the variant will have only one Killer, unless specifically mentioned by the GM.

Killers can only kill once per day. While the variants have different processes for the kills, there is no other way that the kill will not be announced. If you have played a mafia game before however, you will remember that the Killer's name will not be announced for every kill they commit.

Considering six players, there would be 5 Detectives versus 1 Killer.
Topic Starter
vytalibus
REGISTRATION FOR THIS ROUND'S GAME HAS BEEN CLOSED.

We have a total of 7 confirmed players for this round. Hence, we are playing "The Killer Is Among Us" variant.

All confirmed players, please remain on standby while I randomly distribute the roles.

-------------------------------------------

"... Sir, there has been a breach on our database controls. Someone's accessing all of our files!"

"They've already gone through. Cut their transmission off quickly."

"But what about the data-"

"I'd be damned if they get all of our information. We can worry about what was stolen later. We have to limit the damage."

"Locating outsider's IP address... Located!"
"IP address blocked, sir!"
"Sir, we have located the information that was accessed by the outsider. Apparently they've retreived the information of six detectives, including the one leading them, sir. Their target seems to be specific and clear."

"... Killer."
Topic Starter
vytalibus
Day 1.

An abandoned industrial building on the unknown outskirts was chosen as the venue for seven individuals, as they were blindfolded and led to the center of the machinery room. The only signs leading the blind group to the spot were the sounds of gunshots threatening them to keep walking forward and straight. As the giant steel doors were shut, the seven removed the darkness from their eyes to see the dim and ominous atmosphere around them.

Speakers were situated around the vicinity, with cameras watching everyone's movements. Other than those, the place looked like it had been untouched for decades.

A few minutes later, a voice of a young man greeted the seven through the speakers.

"Welcome. You have been invited by one fellow among you. I am pretty sure you are well-accustomed to their works. They have only killed thousands of people and managed to secure information on the identity of each and every one of you. However, they have a twisted way of playing with their prey, as they specifically left a message on our database after they hacked through our system.

"They want you to squirm defenselessly as they pick you off one by one.

"We have no choice but to give in to their demands. We have no idea how much information they have retrieved. However, even with this, you have your chance of identifying the killer before they go for our blood. Successfully investigate the Killer, and we will do our very best to bring them down quickly. Be wary however; the Killer does not like inefficient investigations, and threatens to kill everyone if investigations were done in consecutive days.

"Chief Detective, you are among the group. I am entrusting you with the final decision on each and every investigation. Use it well.

"... Good luck."

(Day 1 will end 72 hours after this post.)
Ph0X
tl;dr we don't confirm before the game starts.
Sleep Powder
@MOD

Does the Chief Detective get replaced if killed...?

Are the detectives supposed to try and save the Chief Detective and find the Killer?

----------

The Killer can kill any time during the day? That sounds scary and unexpec---- *shot*
Sleep Powder
Nvm, I found the rules...
Ph0X
Great; thanks for ruining the game, animask.
Lilac
FoS: animask.
LadySuburu
Cool, we've started and already got stuff going on. Much quicker than mafia.
DeathxShinigami
Wait a sec...animask?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH~

Not this again! :|
Ph0X
DxS and animask are mafia buddies.
Lilac
There's only one killer though...

...Oh you. :P
Sleep Powder
Roleclaim: Killer

Hammer time~
Sleep Powder
um...

Inspection time~
Lilac

Ph0X wrote:

Great; thanks for ruining the game, animask.
Azure_Kite
I am ever so slightly confused in regards to the last few posts here. Oh well.
Topic Starter
vytalibus

animask wrote:

@MOD

Does the Chief Detective get replaced if killed...?
No.
Ph0X
I am more active.
Sleep Powder
How active does this game need to be?

Roleclaim: Chief Detective

:D
DeathxShinigami
lololol nice one animask

Nominate: animask for investigation.

GG everyone.
Sleep Powder
@DxS (and some other people), since there is only 1 killer and 1 chief detective, the killer should be able to kill a random lurker without
much risk. While the detectives can't just decide based on suspicion, because the odds are against us on Day 1.

You have to remember that only the Killer may kill someone. The detectives will not be able to kill any detectives that they investigate.

But, the beginning is the best time to vote for someone to investigate, because the Killer will probably want to find out who the Chief Detective could be after the 2nd Day. If the Killer kills too many people and doesn't find the Cheif ( and vice versa ), our chances of finding the Killer will also increase. So the Killer will want to kill before too many innocent people are found out. In other words, the killer will want to kill the person who everyone votes for to inspect.

There's my thoughts on this game...

Also, don't play this like a mafia game.
Sleep Powder
Addition to previous post...

I forgot to read what I typed before entering...

Only the Killer may kill. Detectives will want to find who is guilty AND innocent.

The Killer will use the bad investigations (after 1 investigation) to kill TWICE, but will possibly only kill once on the first bad inspection.

Detectives should investigate on the first day.

Odds for finding the Killer/Chief increase when we investigate or the Killer kills.

That's all that needs to be said...
DeathxShinigami
I'm not playing this like a mafia game cause I know already thanks to pregame that you aren't the chief detective. Before I go into detail however why you aren't Chief Detective I'd like you to admit that you lied about your roleclaim.

So now is your chance...
Lilac
I nominate to investigate DxS.

I don't believe animask is lieing, but if he is, we know he's the killer.
LadySuburu
According to the response I got from vyt pre-game, if the chief says no to an investigation request, then we lose that day's investigation anyway. So investigating incorrectly and saying no have similar results, only I would think getting the confirmed non-killer, and having a chance to get a killer, would be better than not.

Incorrect Invest: Confirmed player, lose next day's investigate.
Denied Invest: Lose today's investigate.
No Invest (If possible): No penalty, but no chance to find killer.

Out of those options, incorrect and no investigation are the best two. I reccomend that the chief never deny a request, based on that.

Also, from what I've understood based on what's posted in the rules, the killer has to kill each day. Even if he didn't, I wouldn't see much of a reason for him to choose not to, so we should expect a kill each day regardless.

At this point, I'd agree with an animask or DxS investigation.
Azure_Kite
I don't think animask would be serious in roleclaiming such an important role. It's essentially the same as committing suicide in this game. At the same time, if animask were the killer, they wouldn't want to cast suspicion on their character (which, of course, claiming to be CI would do).

By this reasoning, I believe animask is an ordinary detective.

Not nominating anybody at this point in time.
Sleep Powder
Azure_Kyte wins.

@LS, I had a feeling I would be getting some things wrong, but with the rules and such, I was generally right.
You're theory sounds like a MafiaScum kind of theory, but it works too. (Mafia will want to always kill.) The only thing that was
different was that denying a investigation counts as a fail.

Can we unvote and revote?
LadySuburu

animask wrote:

Azure_Kyte wins.

@LS, I had a feeling I would be getting some things wrong, but with the rules and such, I was generally right.
You're theory sounds like a MafiaScum kind of theory, but it works too. (Mafia will want to always kill.) The only thing that was
different was that denying a investigation counts as a fail.

The main important difference is that an investigation does not remove the investigated player from the game, and when incorrect gives us someone who is confirmed not to be the killer. Of course we lose the next day's investigation, which gives us a few chances to lose.

This game is based off of mafia, so mafia theory can work here just as well. Of course, taking note of any differences is important.
DeathxShinigami
Well then...

Un nominating for now.
Ph0X

animask wrote:

Azure_Kyte wins.
That's not how you gambit...
Sleep Powder

Ph0X wrote:

animask wrote:

Azure_Kyte wins.
That's not how you gambit...
At first I was like, "What? That wasn't a gambit."

Then after thinking about it for a few seconds I was like, "lol, icwudt"
Topic Starter
vytalibus
IMPORTANT EVENT.

As the members begin to disperse to ponder about LadySuburu's statements, LadySuburu just stopped and looked at the catwalk they were on. It was several yards away from cold, hard cement, and no one would ever dare step on the safety railing and jump over.

But LadySuburu suddenly had this question: what sound would a person make when they fall down?

In an instant, LadySuburu's feet were already over the railing. Over and off.

No one ever saw the leap. All they saw afterwards was the mush and pile of mess that was LadySuburu.

One can only wonder if LadySuburu ever found the answer to the last question.

LadySuburu has been killed.

---

animask wrote:

As long as the condition for a investigation suggestion is not met (votes against a person must total to half of the remaining players (rounded down) plus one), yes. This means a vote that would meet that condition cannot be retracted.
LadySuburu

vytalibus wrote:

IMPORTANT EVENT.

As the members begin to disperse to ponder about LadySuburu's statements, LadySuburu just stopped and looked at the catwalk they were on. It was several yards away from cold, hard cement, and no one would ever dare step on the safety railing and jump over.

But LadySuburu suddenly had this question: what sound would a person make when they fall down?

In an instant, LadySuburu's feet were already over the railing. Over and off.

No one ever saw the leap. All they saw afterwards was the mush and pile of mess that was LadySuburu.

One can only wonder if LadySuburu ever found the answer to the last question.

LadySuburu has been killed.
Hey vyt can I still talk to players outside of thread?

Also oooooh I'm a ghost.
Lilac
Someone pushed LS off.

Now we need to know.

Here are a few possibilities:

* Killer found that LS contributed greatly towards the detectives side. Person obviously found LS a great threat.
* From this, it would mean that the person is either really afraid of LS catching on, or that previous Mafia games meant that it would be a risk to them.

Anyone else got any other ideas?
Ph0X
My idea is that you are the killer.
Topic Starter
vytalibus

LadySuburu wrote:

Hey vyt can I still talk to players outside of thread?
I would like you to refrain from giving out anything that might influence the game in any way. Otherwise, feel free to comment on what is happening.
show more