wheesh that was a long one, thanks!
Noffy wrote:Hello, rather delayed mod from my queueueu
How come there is no video? o:
It feels like a waste to map a tv-size and to not include the video. Unless it has NSFW elements, which I'm pretty sure Chaos;Child's doesn't unless I missed it.
If you need help getting one and making it osu ready, I can try to do so ^^ ya would be great if you could find a good quality one! I didn't personally think about adding a video lol
Despite there being an advanced difficulty, I felt that the jump from advanced > hard was still a bit larger than it should be, playing wise. I think you can afford to buff both normal and advanced at least a small amount. I think it's pretty much fine since normal is basically 1/1 with occasional 3/2 repeats and 2/1 (which is a standard for lower diffs imo, I don't want to make the rhythm too complex there) and advanced introduces a good amount of 1/2 gaps without having too many 1/2 jumps (mentai nerfed the jump section in hard, so it shouldn't have a diffspike in terms of rhythm now). I'll keep it for now, though if needed I might buff advanced a bit
Pretty sure source should be "ChäoS;Child" as this is how it appears everywhere I've seen it.
+add "chaos" to tags because ChäoS has the funky ä character in it. that's what I used at first as well, but this meta had been confirmed by kwan, I guess I'll add the screenshot into the description to avoid any misunderstandings lol
Generally, I think having a slider velocity of .6 is a bit rather too low, especially when combined with your rhythm choices.
Overall, it makes things so cramped together that normal can actually be more difficult to read for a beginner than advanced.
Any other problem I have directly relates back to this, so that's all I have to say for Normal. tbh increasing the SV would be a pain in the ass ._. I'll keep it for now, would change to like x0.8 if needed, I think it's not that crucial - the rhythm is pretty much straightforward and repeats itself all over, so it shouldn't be that hard for new players to read it
00:40:310 (1,1) - these sliders are cool as heck tho. Would like to see more cool sliderarts like this. ikr :>
- 00:07:453 (4,1) - This blanket can definitely be improved. I swear it was better the last time I checked it LOL
- 00:10:595 (1,2) - 00:12:881 (1,2) - 00:15:167 (1,2) - 00:16:310 (3,4) - You have these similar patterns of parallel sliders, but the visual spacing in between them is different every time. The result looks rather inconsistent and weakens the impact of the repeated idea. nice catch, changed some of them to be more consistent
- 00:17:453 (1,2,3,4,5) - Possibly changing it like this http://puu.sh/wzQ7R/5c8a19c8aa.jpg could be more natural to play. It's essentially the same pattern, but without forcibly going under 00:16:881 (4) - which made it look rather cluttered. did smth else
- 00:19:738 - to 00:26:310 - it's rather confusing what you are supposed to be following in this section. You skip over strong vocals like 00:20:167 - , map weaker ones like 00:20:310 , put strong drum beats like 00:20:595 as slider ends, and give something like 00:21:738 (6) - a circle even though it's a very soft hi-hat. I'd suggest revising the rhythm in this section from scratch, it's all over the place. I just recently remapped this section cause it was literally vocals all over (like most of this diff) and tried to focus more on the beats. did some tweaks here and there, hope it's better now!
- 00:28:595 (4) - Have a circle instead? This would help emphasize 00:28:881 (1) - being the start of a new part in the song. agree, changed
- 00:45:453 (2,1) - A bad overlap like this can easily be avoided by changing the positioning of (2) WHOOOPS this shouldn't have happened in the first place, smh I positioned (1) at the wrong angle, fixed!
- 01:07:024 (2,2) - This overlap.. is rather.. very bad looking. ctrl-h is my best friend (ended up changing like everything after this one LMAO)
- 00:59:024 - I suggest finding a way to place another 1/2 reverse slider to be like 00:58:595 (1) - as the song repeats the "nee" twice. ye I wanted to simplify the rhythm a bit, applied
- 01:08:167 - ^ same here. ^
- 01:10:167 (2) - I think this should just be a 1/1 slider like 01:01:024 (2) - was. there's another vocal syllable on that repeat so I'd rather keep it like this
- 01:16:024 (5,6,7) - Maybe make (5) a circle instead, so that (6,7) are more noticably following the louder more continuos synth volume. I think that (5) fits in that pattern as well, e.g. in the last diff those three are 1-2-1-2-1-2 jumps that are gettin bigger
Generally, I found throughout the difficulty quite a few patterns would end up rather cramped together, especially during the kiai. yea, ended up redoing some patterns in kiai. actually ended up buffing this diff a bit as you suggested (well, those 1/2 repeats on 'nee, nee' did the thing LOL I had to add some more 1/2 to kiai, and this also allowed me to buff the very first section (00:19:738 - )
- 00:33:881 (2,3,1) - This flows quite a bit more sharply than previous patterns in your map without this part of the song being particularly special to deserve it. Mainly, its arrangment leads to 00:34:310 (3,1) - this jump feeling quite unnatural. I suggest trying to figure out an alternate placement for this bit. for me it's fine tbh, though I still did smth else - 00:35:167 (2,3) - spacing on those was a bit different that I wanted it to be
- 01:12:595 (2,1) - since you've been using stacking throughout the map, these being so close to stacked yet not quite looks really, very odd. yep, fixed
01:18:881 - it's rather unfitting to skip this kick when the kicks are what 01:17:738 (4,5,6) - were all following.
01:20:024 - ^ fixed both, I like the idea
I was a bit worried after seeing the advanced and normal, which are in my opinion the weakest difficulties here, but overall this is quite a cool set for a good song. ya true, mapping those lower diffs was hard xdd
(PM me about the video if interested)