forum

My star rating and improvement

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Favi
im curious in what star range I should be playing beatmaps for the optimal improvement, because right now I'm unsure. These last 1-2 weeks I've been slacking because I don't really know what to play.

I would also appreciate any help/suggestions. Map recommendations would be nice too.
N0thingSpecial
2*-3*, play for improvement, pay close attention to the song when tapping.
Topic Starter
Favi
Really just 2-3? Can you elaborate why?
Hibiya-chan

Favi wrote:

Coz of your top plays. Work your acc in that specific range and strive for consistent FCs and if you can do that, 4* is now safe for you, and so on.

Plz take it slow and start from the basics. Don't be like people who spam 5*+ maps on their first day in playing lol
N0thingSpecial
Well mid 3* I guess simply because your tapping is really inconsistent, at this stage, rushing to 4* you can only play rhythmically simplistic maps, you won't improve as much in the long run.
Topic Starter
Favi

Hibiya-chan wrote:

Favi wrote:

Coz of your top plays. Work your acc in that specific range and strive for consistent FCs and if you can do that, 4* is now safe for you, and so on.

Plz take it slow and start from the basics. Don't be like people who spam 5*+ maps on their first day in playing lol
2-3 or 3.5*? which is it, a little confused now.
N0thingSpecial
Mid 3*, that's what I played at your rank, but pp inflation is a thing so idk now
thr1ve
Yeah, like the other people said. Play 2-3 star maps. What I would recommend is download 5-10 beatmap packs so you have more new maps. Type in your ingame search "star<3.1" press F3 to choose a map at random and play it until the end without retrying, after that F3 again and play another the map. You will improve your reading by this. Good luck!
Topic Starter
Favi

thr1ve wrote:

Yeah, like the other people said. Play 2-3 star maps. What I would recommend is download 5-10 beatmap packs so you have more new maps. Type in your ingame search "star<3.1" press F3 to choose a map at random and play it until the end without retrying, after that F3 again and play another the map. You will improve your reading by this. Good luck!
well i just got pretty good scores with good acc on 3.3 to 3.5
Hibiya-chan

Favi wrote:

thr1ve wrote:

well i just got pretty good scores with good acc on 3.3 to 3.5
Good, now the next step is to do it everytime. Consistency is key for improvement.
Topic Starter
Favi

Hibiya-chan wrote:

Favi wrote:

Good, now the next step is to do it everytime. Consistency is key for improvement.
Any tips for training consistancy? Or is it just playing different maps?
WavePoint
You should try to strive for full combos everytime.
Edgar_Figaro
The goal is to make sure you are reading the map and not reacting or memorizing. Basically the reason you don't want to go too far above your skill is that you will then start just reacting to elements and throwing the cursor around losing any sense of Rythmn. At the same time you don't want to chain retries on a map as you will just start memorizing the patterns of that map and not be reading the map with this scenario either. I'm not saying don't ever play a map you played before again, just don't keep playing the same map back to back.
kai99
Also, use Tillerino. Even though I use him less for song suggestions nowadays, I can say that around your pp it helped me get lots of maps I could try out. FC a bunch of early 3* - mid 3* maps until you reach ~900 pp. It's always nice to have good basics. Then move onto 3.6 -3.8*. I suggest not starting 4* since I've seen lots of people start complaining when they can't FC 4* and while it's clear they can't until they go back and make their basics.
Topic Starter
Favi

kai99 wrote:

Also, use Tillerino. Even though I use him less for song suggestions nowadays, I can say that around your pp it helped me get lots of maps I could try out. FC a bunch of early 3* - mid 3* maps until you reach ~900 pp. It's always nice to have good basics. Then move onto 3.6 -3.8*. I suggest not starting 4* since I've seen lots of people start complaining when they can't FC 4* and while it's clear they can't until they go back and make their basics.
Ah ok i understand. However 900pp seems like a lot but i will stick to it i guess. I have a lot of maps since i downloaded a large pack. Also when do you usually start on 4 stars?
kai99

Favi wrote:

kai99 wrote:

Ah ok i understand. However 900pp seems like a lot but i will stick to it i guess. I have a lot of maps since i downloaded a large pack. Also when do you usually start on 4 stars?

Usually depends on the person but I'm still on 3.5 stars lol. I have a few As on 4* but I'm not confident I could fc any of them yet. My main goal is to fc, not to go for stars. It's a slow process but it also helps with pp. You seem like you're doing a great job on 3.5* so I'd more focus on getting higher accs.

https://syrin.me/osuchan/u/Favi/toprank/?m=0 Here you can check your scores in graph form. I try to fill out the gaps between scores to make the graph look smooth (I'm not really doing a good job) which I think also helps with pp as your scores are overall closer together so they're more tight.
Hibiya-chan

Favi wrote:

Any tips for training consistancy? Or is it just playing different maps?
Play all variety of maps. As for consistency training, usually marathon maps will help you out.
Topic Starter
Favi

kai99 wrote:

Usually depends on the person but I'm still on 3.5 stars lol. I have a few As on 4* but I'm not confident I could fc any of them yet. My main goal is to fc, not to go for stars. It's a slow process but it also helps with pp. You seem like you're doing a great job on 3.5* so I'd more focus on getting higher accs.

https://syrin.me/osuchan/u/Favi/toprank/?m=0 Here you can check your scores in graph form. I try to fill out the gaps between scores to make the graph look smooth (I'm not really doing a good job) which I think also helps with pp as your scores are overall closer together so they're more tight.
I'd say my acc isn't that bad. Also is there a way to get tillerino to recommend 3.6 stars only?