forum

[resolved] Strange lagspikes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zoel
Problem Details:
I'm getting lagspikes like every 2 minutes when the game like stops or goes backwards for 0.3sec or smth and it causes me to miss.. Why do I suddenly get these lagspikes, I never before got anything like that (yah normal lagspikes but only like once in 6 hrs) help I can't fc anything :(

osu! version: 20170222.3 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Firstly, have you restarted your computer?
Topic Starter
Zoel
yeah I have, this happened already yesterday for the first time but i thought it was just a random lag

edit: i mean 2 days ago
shiyuri
<deleted>
Topic Starter
Zoel
Well I installed CCleaner but it shouldnt affect it but nothing what could be related to osu
Dntm8kmeeatu

Zoel wrote:

Well I installed CCleaner but it shouldnt affect it but nothing what could be related to osu
If it's active it may (but it shouldn't be)

Check Task Manager or Perfmon for any programs running using any resources at the time of the lags.
Topic Starter
Zoel
I tried to take off programs from the task manager and nothing helps. :/ should i uninstall and install osu back?
shiyuri
<deleted>
Topic Starter
Zoel
Nope. Still... Like why do I get these? By the way its only on osu I dont get lagspikes on anywhere else (for ex. some steam games).. just saying that you cant just say that my computer got too shish for osu
Jikanova
I have the same problem, actually. It doesn't even matter whether I'm playing a map with a high object density or not, but it only happens while I'm playing, not while editing or just scrolling through song select.

I thought it was just because I run osu! on a potato, but it was weird because I never used to lag out like this until a few weeks ago.

I have played while checking both perfmon and resmon. There's nothing that abruptly rises for my CPU or memory, but there's a sudden spike ranging from 20 to 25 in my % processor time. The in-game ping counter suddenly jacks up to about 35 ms, but my framerate stays the same.

What Zoel has said is basically an exact descriptor: only happens in osu!, isn't affected by other open software or application startup impact, it just happened out of nowhere, etc.
Dntm8kmeeatu

Hypernova Frost wrote:

I have the same problem, actually. It doesn't even matter whether I'm playing a map with a high object density or not, but it only happens while I'm playing, not while editing or just scrolling through song select.

I thought it was just because I run osu! on a potato, but it was weird because I never used to lag out like this until a few weeks ago.

I have played while checking both perfmon and resmon. There's nothing that abruptly rises for my CPU or memory, but there's a sudden spike ranging from 20 to 25 in my % processor time. The in-game ping counter suddenly jacks up to about 35 ms, but my framerate stays the same.

What Zoel has said is basically an exact descriptor: only happens in osu!, isn't affected by other open software or application startup impact, it just happened out of nowhere, etc.
CPU is Processor.

That "Ping" is just a different way of displaying FPS (Frame time), so I find it hard to believe the framerate stays the same.

Make sure you guys have nothing running in the background that isn't a core OS required program / proccess or something you need (like Drivers). Disable any anti-virus you may have. (Anti-virus is a big culprit for causing lags)
Jikanova
Done and done.
It reduced the frequency to about once every five minutes.

I have found, however, that it runs better with my battery set on power saver compared to high performance, with the lag time being almost halved, so... ?_?
Topic Starter
Zoel
Thanks! I disabled antivirus and it works :P I dont know why it affects it tho because before it did not.