forum

How to get better at osu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
G1lgam3sh
So i recently (like half a year ago) moved to completing beatmpas with 4-5* maps. I can mostly do all 4-4.99 maps, but cant always do 5.3-5.99. My problem is that i wanna get better at hitting at the right time and aiming. Righ now i play with 2 fingers, kinda, like i can start off with 2 finger, but when it comes to clicking jumps I tap only using 1 finger, mostly the K2. If it's not hard for you, can u check how i played some of my recents maps, and maybe give me advice on how to get better? I also recntly got better at streams.
P.S. Sorry for my English, i haven't practiced it in a while. and my grammar justc sucks
I Give Up
The only advice I would give you is to focus on accuracy, not star difficulty. I don't even look at stars when I'm playing, I look at CS/AR/OD ratings. Look for songs higher than OD7 and try to get at least an A on those patterns. For more rank, play long 3-4 star maps which will also train your consistency and test your nerves.
thr1ve
Well, to get better at osu! you just have to play more. I know everybody says that, but that's the truth.
As for the tips that I can give you:

1. Focus on 3-4 star maps, why? You need to train your muscle memory, reaction and familiarize yourself with different patterns of notes.
2. Never retry. It is two different things to play to gain pp and play to improve. Do not care about the misses, hundreds, play that map until the end. It is good to have all the scores visible in your local ranking tab, by that you can keep track if you are improving. Oh and be happy about every 1% acc improvement :)
Examples: https://scr.hu/62NVK6 https://scr.hu/3XMY6Z This is my one month progress.
3. Play easier maps for SS, it will help you with timing and patience.
4. Play long maps to improve consistency and holding combo.
5. Find your limits and overcome them. What the highest bpm you can play without breaking a sweat? Find it and add 10 bpm to that, choose 3 maps, play each of them 3 times a day. Add NoFail if needed.
6. Do not overtrain, it is not about how many hours a day you will push yourself to play 240bpm 6 star map. It is about consistently taking small steps everyday. It is almost like gym workout.
7. Never retry.
8. Never retry.
9. Never retry.
10. Please enjoy the game. :)
Topic Starter
G1lgam3sh

KukiMonster wrote:

The only advice I would give you is to focus on accuracy, not star difficulty. I don't even look at stars when I'm playing, I look at CS/AR/OD ratings. Look for songs higher than OD7 and try to get at least an A on those patterns. For more rank, play long 3-4 star maps which will also train your consistency and test your nerves.
what does CS/AR/OD means? Ive seen it, tho i don't know hat they stand for.
Topic Starter
G1lgam3sh

thr1ve wrote:

Well, to get better at osu! you just have to play more. I know everybody says that, but that's the truth.
As for the tips that I can give you:

1. Focus on 3-4 star maps, why? You need to train your muscle memory, reaction and familiarize yourself with different patterns of notes.
2. Never retry. It is two different things to play to gain pp and play to improve. Do not care about the misses, hundreds, play that map until the end. It is good to have all the scores visible in your local ranking tab, by that you can keep track if you are improving. Oh and be happy about every 1% acc improvement :)
Examples: https://scr.hu/62NVK6 https://scr.hu/3XMY6Z This is my one month progress.
3. Play easier maps for SS, it will help you with timing and patience.
4. Play long maps to improve consistency and holding combo.
5. Find your limits and overcome them. What the highest bpm you can play without breaking a sweat? Find it and add 10 bpm to that, choose 3 maps, play each of them 3 times a day. Add NoFail if needed.
6. Do not overtrain, it is not about how many hours a day you will push yourself to play 240bpm 6 star map. It is about consistently taking small steps everyday. It is almost like gym workout.
7. Never retry.
8. Never retry.
9. Never retry.
10. Please enjoy the game. :)
ok i will try to do all that u suggested to me!) If it's possible can you give me some good maps for practice?
thr1ve
Download a few beatmap packs so you have a variety to choose from. Good luck!
Jukkii
never retrying is actually a bad thing. sometimes retrying can be very helpful, as long as it is a pleasant experience (retrying a farm map 100 times while being tilted isnt a pleasant experience, but playing a fun 180 bpm streamy map with medium jumps can be really fun, retrying as in playing the map to or near to the end every time.)
Endaris

eldniwe wrote:

KukiMonster wrote:

what does CS/AR/OD means? Ive seen it, tho i don't know hat they stand for.
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Glossary
Sayorie
N0thingSpecial
Definitely work on your accuracy and aim to be consistent with low 4* maps