forum

I need your help... with my Extended Essay

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
shinn_old
Hi all, I haven't posted in here for quite a while but this is urgent, I will need your help with my Extended Essay.

The Extended Essay is a core part of the IB Diploma program, which requires students to write a 4000 word essay with independent research. I will fail the Diploma if I don't finish the essay.

I need all students in the community (including university students) to complete this questionnaire. It's about the use of smartphones in school.

Here is the questionnaire

The outcome of my Diploma will be dependent on whether you answer the questionnaire or not. So please, spare 5 minutes of your time to answer this.
jjrocks
hahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA good luck on it buddy.

Wait...why am I laughing we're on the same boat ;w; Filled out the form for an IB Bro.
Topic Starter
shinn_old

jjrocks wrote:

hahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA good luck on it buddy.

Wait...why am I laughing we're on the same boat ;w; Filled out the form for an IB Bro.
Well, I hope you're on schedule with your CAS commitments (because I'm not...)

Anyways, thanks for your responses so far! (except the person who filled their smartphone OS as pain is)
Rena-chan
Well this is kind of a lacking questionnaire. But I filled it out as well as I could, with info from when I actually did go to college. Oh well !
Fabi
I cannot complete it. I dont have an smarthphone ;(
Haneii
Had to choose "other" and add "talking" for the "How do you mostly use your smartphone outside classroom?" question.

Considering it's a phone, I think calling/talking to others should have been an option...

Good luck with your essay ^_^
ampzz
I was bored enough to give it a run through, hope it helps in the long run but it felt a bit short for a questionnaire in regards to a diploma level assessment in my opinion.

It lacked a few (main feature) selectable options for varying uses that many smartphones allow for.

As stated above by Haneii, the lack of "talking" was a bit unexpected since it is actually a phone after all, but when I see people nowadays they spend more time texting than actually talking to people on the receiving end.
Topic Starter
shinn_old
To be honest, this is a quick questionnaire that gives me a general indication of what people mostly do with their smartphone.

It is kept to some of the main stuff I can see people do during lessons. I have left out things such as talking since I can't see anyone in clawed that is talking in class.

Also, ignore any spelling error as I was typing this on my smartphone on the metro.

I will keep the comments in mine if I decide to do a more in-depth inquiry into this subject later.

I actually think mine is the most complex questionnaire in my school.
those
Only took me less than a minute.
RemmyX25
Hey Shinn long time no see. How have you been?

EDIT: I'd take your questionnaire but I've never owned a smartphone yet. Sorry! :(
Mara

Ever17 wrote:

I cannot complete it. I dont have an smarthphone ;(
This, pretty much. Good luck with your essay, though.
awp
I actually got a smartphone very recently, but I'm not a student. Can I still participate? PM with yes/no, I will probably forget to check this thread

oldfags represent
KRZY
Filled it out, remembering how I used it when I did have a smartphone (I don't now :P). Good luck with your diploma buddy.
Vext_old
Sure thing.
Lilac
What is this Smartphone business I don't even--

Wait, I have one. *grumble* I swear, it's because we found it on the street and I decided to keep it.
Topic Starter
shinn_old
Awesome guys, I have ~70 replies on the first day alone. That is more than I would've hoped to reply!

For those who filled in the questionnaire- Thank you for your time. Your help is much appreciated.
D33d
To those of you who didn't fill in the questionnaire because you don't have a smartphone: fuck that. None of shinn's staffers are going to know whether you do or not. Just make up some crap. I did, as my phone is TECHNICALLY eligible for this thing. It can do everything that's listed, just not very well in the slightest.
awp

D33d wrote:

To those of you who didn't fill in the questionnaire because you don't have a smartphone: fuck that. None of shinn's staffers are going to know whether you do or not.
What about integrity? Both of the researcher and of the data.
Lilac

awp wrote:

D33d wrote:

To those of you who didn't fill in the questionnaire because you don't have a smartphone: fuck that. None of shinn's staffers are going to know whether you do or not.
What about integrity? Both of the researcher and of the data.
Integrity is an important part of gathering information and reliable data falls under that as well. This is the BIGGEST problem for IT people when collecting data. Made-up stuff is just irrelevant and useless to the gatherer.
Topic Starter
shinn_old
If integrity of data is compromised, then it will become GIGO (Garbage In, Garbage out) when I analyze it.

Then again, I can always write in my conclusion that there were problems while completing my primary research.
jjrocks

shinn wrote:

Well, I hope you're on schedule with your CAS commitments (because I'm not...)

Anyways, thanks for your responses so far! (except the person who filled their smartphone OS as pain is)
Oh, I'm not at all :P I got a very angry email from my CAS manager about it too.