forum

Let's talk Easy mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +950
show more
Suimya

Makar wrote:

Support~ Would be nice if things were user-definable
My1_old
oh yes
theowest
I'd rather see the Easy mod get user definable AR than if nothing would happen.
MillhioreF
The huge hitcircles and the incredibly low OD already make easy mod worth playing... take away the AR that makes it hard to read and it's totally imbalanced...
Aqo

MillhioreF wrote:

The huge hitcircles and the incredibly low OD already make easy mod worth playing... take away the AR that makes it hard to read and it's totally imbalanced...
The reason you say it's "imbalanced" is because of osu's quadratic score system which allows you to beat Cookiezi's nomod score with EasyMod on maps like Shotgun Symphony+. The real flaw here isn't in EasyMod, it's in the score system. If the standard score system was more similar to taiko you wouldn't be able to beat nomod scores on long maps with difficulty-reducted-by-mods FC plays (this would also solve stuff like HTs on Freedom Dive, etc).

I'd love to suggest to already fix the score system in osu but this will most likely never happen. :\
Makar

Devochka wrote:

Lybydose wrote:

2) Rework Easy mod to actually make things easier. How about letting the player choose their approach rate when Easy is enabled? How about dividing all the difficulty settings by 1.4 instead of 2.0 so it isn't such a massive change, or maybe just subtracting a static number? Reworking the "3 life system" so that the song backs up a couple sections so the player can get back "into the beat" when they resume?
3) Make the current Easy mode a difficulty increasing mod with a score multiplier (lol). It would certainly be harder than Hard Rock, Hidden, and even Flashlight on a lot of maps.
I like these ideas so much! User definable AR with easy mod would make sense, though maybe it should be added as "New Easy mod" to maintain the old scores, and maybe increase the bonus depending on how hard the map is. (like when there are a lot of patterns increase bonus, when there are a few, decrease(not sure if possible))
I actually really love this
BeatofIke
To be honest, I was thinking something like "soft rock" mod or something XD.
theowest

BeatofIke wrote:

To be honest, I was thinking something like "soft rock" mod or something XD.
that was what I once thought. A mirrored hard rock. It was like hard rock but it made things easier instead of harder. However, nobody liked the idea.
Saten
User definable and 50% score reduction sounds good to me.
MillhioreF
I once supported this, but... I think this just opens up a whole new venue of beating scores (everyone's gonna make huge circles, OD0 and unchanged AR) and get FC on crazy maps like airman and big black without too much problem D:
Ginky
I suggest to disable easy mod on only maps with already large hit circles. It does make the map easier by enlarging the circles, when the map originally have tiny circles.
Saten

MillhioreF wrote:

I once supported this, but... I think this just opens up a whole new venue of beating scores (everyone's gonna make huge circles, OD0 and unchanged AR) and get FC on crazy maps like airman and big black without too much problem D:
Maybe a penalty of 90% would be better?
MillhioreF

Saten wrote:

Maybe a penalty of 90% would be better?
Nah, it's not THAT bad... either make it scale to how much you change the settings or give it a static 0.40x rate or something.

Actually, I'm in favor of making this a new mod, the "main" Easy mod, while the old one gets renamed but stays the same (as an alt mod to Easy, like Perfect/Nightcore)
Soner Wolf
You need to consider other play modes using the easy mod. I completely agree that it makes most songs harder for osu!standard, but for CTB, Taiko, and osu!mania, It really does make most of the maps easier. therefore I don't agree with getting rid of the easy mod completely, or giving it a multiplyer. The only solution is some sort of your 2nd feature request in my opinion.

Semi-support?

All my love ~<3
ann_old
Removing the current easy mod would just be crazy, a second modifiable one sounds good to me.
DaddyCoolVipper

MillhioreF wrote:

Nah, it's not THAT bad... either make it scale to how much you change the settings or give it a static 0.40x rate or something.

Actually, I'm in favor of making this a new mod, the "main" Easy mod, while the old one gets renamed but stays the same (as an alt mod to Easy, like Perfect/Nightcore)
This'd be fantastic.
Uncle Buly
new easy mod with modifyable stats
Kuro
I'm going to have to be "iffy" on this one... Half/Semi Support?

I wonder how this is going to affect other games modes... :|

I only play Taiko and everyone here is only arguing about one game mode without taking the others into consideration.. In Taiko we don't get the "3 life system" or the larger circles because they aren't needed.

As a Taiko player, I believe that the easy mod should be broken up into AR reduction and reduced HP drain because sometimes there's only portion of easy mod that we ACTUALLY need and the other is just making it overkill. Maybe, this could only be made for and only select-able in Taiko mode seeing as something like this would only be useful in Taiko.

They could be called:
Slow Learner -- Reduced AR
Painless -- Reduced HP Drain

For example, let's say Billy is playing a really hard map with complex rhythms in Taiko mode however the map creator made the map with AR4 and set the slider velocity pretty low making the map slow and easy to read. Well Billy only needs more "forgiving" HP drain so that he has a better chance at beating the map but Billy can only use the easy mod to get reduced HP drain and this includes reduced AR as well. Billy takes a gamble and ATTEMPTS to play the beatmap however Billy realizes that the rhythms aren't even readable anymore and look like a "smashed up piece of shit". In the end Billy fails the map and quits playing osu! forever....

FIN
cokeshawty
Lul this is so effin true
H_Hitachiin
I've almost ignored Easy mod but after this thread I kept testing things on it...
ShadowzI_old
Obligatory bump due to duplicate posts.
Loves
Deleting EZ mode is a stupid idea.

How many EZ scores would be deleted? If they weren't deleted then many newer players would call unfair on the older players being able to FC tag4 maps with EZ mode and getting a top 40.

We should only change the cs and the ar tbh.
Hanyuu
For nowadays in my opinion the ez mod should decrease the life drain and give a second chance only.

That actually makes the map easier and not a totally different map!
Oinari-sama
IMO for administrative's sake, It's a lot easier to leave the old easy mod alone and make a new "Free Play" instead.

In "Free Play" you get x0 multiplier, in exchange for full customisation of CS, AR & OD.

dunno if this is worth the effort though. Personally I don't use Easy at all .
[Maid] NekoRyo
@Lily-kun
@Hanyuu
@Oinari-Sama

i agreed with this three :3
Winshley

Hanyuu wrote:

For nowadays in my opinion the ez mod should decrease the life drain and give a second chance only.
You forgot OD, I guess? :P

I'm suggesting about AR cap or something, instead of halving the map's AR settings. Like AR8~AR10 will be lowered to AR7 while the others stay as is. (or perhaps cap the lowest AR too?)
Hanyuu

Winshley wrote:

Hanyuu wrote:

You forgot OD, I guess? :P

I'm suggesting about AR cap or something, instead of halving the map's AR settings. Like AR8~AR10 will be lowered to AR7 while the others stay as is. (or perhaps cap the lowest AR too?)
Oh yeah i forgot about OD lol :o

The change to AR seems reasonable too to me for example if a player cant play a beatmap with AR 10 they could put the easy mode to play it with AR7or8 like you said.

Oinari-sama wrote:

IMO for administrative's sake, It's a lot easier to leave the old easy mod alone and make a new "Free Play" instead.

In "Free Play" you get x0 multiplier, in exchange for full customisation of CS, AR & OD.

Hm do you mean another unranked mode? multiply by 0 is 0. Well free play sounds like for testing purposes only and could be done with editing the map, since its unranked it will make no difference anyways. If its a ranked mode its too abuseable lol.
Oinari-sama
[@Hanyuu]

Yeah essentially another unranked mode, you've read my intention correct.

I know one can just go into editor and tweak the settings, but having an option to get that instant change while in game will be handy for training purposes (eg see how far you can push yourself).
Winshley

Oinari-sama wrote:

You know that it's *technically* possible to get ×0.00 multiplier and still ranked with some score, don't you? :P
The multiplier only multiplies your score when you starts building up combos. Having ×0.00 multiplier means that you don't get combo bonuses, you get only pure hit scores (300, 100, 50, 30 (slider start/repeat/end), 10 (slider tick), 100 (spin score), and 1000 (spin bonus score)). This is where the score you get from AutoPilot and Relax mods come from.

Anyways, that can be done by making a duplicate of the map with customized settings, so I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not.
Oinari-sama

Winshley wrote:

Oinari-sama wrote:

You know that it's *technically* possible to get ×0.00 multiplier and still ranked with some score, don't you? :P
The multiplier only multiplies your score when you starts building up combos. Having ×0.00 multiplier means that you don't get combo bonuses, you get only pure hit scores (300, 100, 50, 30 (slider start/repeat/end), 10 (slider tick), 100 (spin score), and 1000 (spin bonus score)). This is where the score you get from AutoPilot and Relax mods come from.

Anyways, that can be done by making a duplicate of the map with customized settings, so I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not.
You know what...I didn't notice until you brought it up :o
ShadowzI_old

Oinari-sama wrote:

I think your describing something akin to an unranked practice mode.

While lurking around the forums I found an idea about ipmenting a metronome...
and then I thought... you know what would be cool?

A practice mode that allows us to customize the health, circle size, and where to start as an unranked mode.

Yes this is going a bit tangent but the thing is, I agree with most people when they say that reworking an already done mod might be more troublesome then it is worth. So maybe a practice mod that allows this options and subsequently allow us to practice certain parts with guides and stuff may allow us to forgo easy mode and maybe even conquer hard mode and other mods?
VoidnOwO
Bump, easy mod makes no sense at the moment.
YunoFanatic
wvwn the big black even u use easy mod it keeps getting harder and harder
eldnl

BRBP wrote:

Bump, easy mod makes no sense at the moment.
Aqo
EasyMod makes sense, the only problem with it is the name. It should be renamed from EasyMod into something else because the current name does not represent the nature of this mod. (at least on osu!standard. for other game modes it might be fine)

Maybe call it LowApproach mod? Or something like that.
Natsu
Easy Mode is fun (in some maps) but seriously i think should get renamed
bomber34
rename the mod
add new mod like the often suggested Soft rock
add new mod with customizable diff settings .... what mm201 talked about in the custom AR thread

and MillhioreF will stay happy
and me too ... Easy mod is awesome imo >: I understand the hate though ^^
Stefan
Personally I dislike the Mod but it seems that many people find the fun of it. However I wouldn't recommened to remove it. I mean, sorry but we can't remove things just because they aren't working for us like they should (in case it is something which is filled with Bugs i.e. Favorite A/B but nvm) but we should find another possible solutions.

From my Side the CS decrease have to be fixed. That it decrease i.e CS5 to 3 is just nonsense. The issue is that some enjoy lower CS and then other higher. About the CS itself I would say Easy should decrease the CS for one, not for two (or even three). About the AR I think it works fine since it decrease it for two (I guess?) And the Idea of having two Tries instead of three (how Hanyuu suggested) would be better imo. I cannot really judge the OD.

However at all, we need a real Easy Mode but keeping the current Easy Mode should be done.
boat
Nothing wrong with easy mod, if you can't play the map then play a different one that has an easier difficulty.

It does a good job of making easier difficulties even easier and as such has it's place.
Silverboxer
show more