Overlaps make the map bad obviously.
Stage one (Light Normal): 00:06:979 I think the back beat notes are hard to predict first time, as I failed to hit them. Try stacking a circle on an onbeat right before these backbeats. Same applies to most other back beats like that.Had a very long discussion in #modhelp about that and in the end it was fine the way it is, because I'm not allowed to stack at this easy difficulty.
If you want the Stage one I thought of, it is in this collapsed text.Sorry, but I don't want to change my map files.
Stage 2: Bravo! Perfect! But I think HP 6 is very high because that gives the player almost no leeway, so try 5, or even 4.Changed!
Landia: Awesome!, But HP 7 is a but unruly due to lack of Leeway, so trying 5.5 or lower seems the best idea.Changed!
Plaudible wrote:Hey there! Gonna give some broad advice on top diff.
osu! needs more kirby
- Gonna suggest a better background c: Which should I take, that fits better?
- Check your stack leniency! Under the song setup > advanced tab. Greater than 0.9 or less than 0.3 is unrankable. done!
- 00:05:479 (1,2,3,4) - Watch for some spacing inconsistencies - looking at your spacing at 00:04:812 (6,7,8,9) - , it should be similar if not greater. Think of how the music's being layered in - we have the low pitch piano keys, and now when the trumpets are layered in the overall density in music and intensity has increased, and your map should reflect that. Thought about that very long... when the trumpet starts playing and stops again, it doesn't feel like an increased intensity to me and I have to leave the distance there small so I can higher it when that part repeats and more trumpets play.
- Further, listen to your song at 25% playback rate and listen to some parts - like at 00:03:812 (3,1,2) - for example. There's clear 1/4 rhythms you could use, perhaps to map some streams or something along those lines to make the gameplay a bit more diverse beyond 1/2 rhythms. An instance of this repeats at 00:06:479 - . Does really every break need to be filled with something? The focus is on the trumpets.
- 00:24:979 (3) - Given how you've mapped the repeat sliders before for the strings, covering the strings up underneath this with a slider don't really fit how you've been developing your map. Use reverse sliders here too, or perhaps a stream, whatever you decide. The way of the trumpet playing changed there, so I changed the way of using sliders. Not everything needs to be that consistent.
- 00:27:645 (6,7) - In my opinion, the rhythm here should be switched. Since the emphasis of the notes seems to be after every 3 circles, in this rhythm: https://puu.sh/vebAp/bf6806eba2.jpg you get the representation for both repetitions of that 3 note emphasis, and then when the last two are played into the next section of the 3, 3, 2 emphasis the slider would transition into the next measure better. I don't really get, what you mean. The trumpet leaves out one hit (when the slider ends). Before I had nothing there and it was criticized very often so I put a slider there. (Your screenshot link is broken)
- Also, since you used a slider in that instance, when the song repeats itself into 00:28:145 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - why are you using no sliders here as well? Given it's the same thing, representing the rhythm similarly would fit better. It's not the same thing, in the part before, the trumpet left one hit out (slider end). Here it doesn't.
- 00:44:812 (2) - Given what you've done earlier, this shouldn't be a slider. Look at 00:39:479 (4,5,6) - for reference, the sound is the same, and I believe your rhythm should reflect that. I've done that on purpose, because when the full fanfare plays, everything sounds looong --> sliders. In the part before there is only one trumpet, so every note sounds shorter.
- 00:47:312 (7,8,9,1) - When you start overlapping 1/2 rhythms, a player might interpret them as 1/4. I'd suggest spacing them as you have the 1/1s before, since this is really confusing in relation to the rest of your map. This applies to 00:10:312 (8,9,10,1) - and 00:42:312 (8,9,10,1) - . Yeah youre right. fixed
- 00:58:812 (1) - In this section all the same suggestions apply. And so do the same answers. (:
- 00:56:979 (3) - Same issue as last slider with this rhythm.
- The break at 00:36:729 - has a custom end point, which I don't think is necessary. When it's tinted green like that, it means you've adjusted it manually. Simply drag the grey bar in it a bit to the right and it'll become grey again, meaning it's default. Oh thanks, fixed.
- Lastly, try to NC on downbeats. For example, 00:01:479 (2) - , 00:04:145 (2) - , etc. It helps to interpret the rhythm of the music a little easier. Currently it's a bit confusing since sometimes you do and don't. Fixed!
Good map, though I'd re-evaluate some rhythm choices and maybe add some kiai times. done Since it's such a repetitive song, consistency to mapping this is key - make sure rhythms across sections are similarly represented and that aesthetics are as familiar as can be. Perhaps something to work on in the future with this map is to focus on using direction changes to emphasize the music - you do this nicely in patterns like 00:04:145 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - , though in instances like 00:28:145 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - what you're emphasizing feels a bit ambiguous. It's about the high trumpet notes - they are a little separated. Otherwise they are groups of three notes and ... thats it. Cute song, good luck! Thank you very much!
If you answer and help me to improve my map, you'll get your kudosu.
makisokk wrote:Hi NM for my q hi
- Bitrate audio should be 192 kbs done
Do kiai in every difficulty done
- 00:02:145 (5,6) - Broke flow I don't agree, I think you just don't like it
00:03:312 (2,3) - Avoid stack Why? It would be hard to read if you didn't see the circle.
00:04:312 (2,3) - Hard read Since this is the third thing I don't agree with, I feel like you just wanted to criticize something. My map had been modded many times and nobody ever said something like this :/
00:07:479 (4,5) - Broke flow ^
00:08:812 (3,4) - Why a small distance between notes? This is confusing To emphasize that there is one trumpet playing. When there are playing more, the distance is bigger and more sliders are used.
00:26:812 (1,2,3,4,5) - Make a Better Flow Would you send a screenshot of what you think would be better? To me the flow is good.
00:28:979 (6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2) - This part could be made more difficult, because it is insane youre right. changed distances
01:01:812 (3,5,6,8) - I think it's best to avoid stack Why? Isn't it easier if you see the circles? I don't really want that part to become harder.
Xayler wrote:Hey the M4M from my queue.
Quick note: I'm not really fond of maps what use the old mapping style so idk how much I can help you with it, I'll shoot a star as I don't have much to comment about it, just general ideas.General
- I think that you will need a Hard difficulty or difficulty between Stage 2 and Landia as the gap between is way too high. Hmm I really don't think so, since noone ever mentioned this before.. thx thoughStage 100:06:979 (2,3,4,5) - This kind of rhythm is really bad to play for newer players, as this is your easiest difficulty then imho this should be done a bit differently, adding some sliders, etc. As overall these notes on red ticks are avoided in most Easy difficulties (it's kind of a Easy difficulty). For example the notes after the slider 00:09:312 (6,7,8) - these play well as they are, but the first ones even for me are hard to click. I also mean the next ones also with the same rhythm so I'm not going to mention these agian. I really understand you here. I have a big problem with this part, because everyone tells me to do else. I changed it about five times. You're talking about sliders... Would you show me what consider? I don't see any alternative really. thx00:47:312 (4,2,3) - Avoid these kind of overlaps at any cost in the easier difficulties, not that they make them bad to play, they just make confusion to the newer players. There's also many of these after this one to be mentioned, the most bad one is 00:51:479 (3,2) - this one. I'd curve the (2) slider for example to blanket it with (3) so it should play nicely after that change. Done. I wouldn't change the other ones, though there are small overlaps, but I am sure, the player understands the beat he is given and can do the right thing.00:58:812 (1) - The notes starting from here go only one direction to the end, I'd change the direction at the middle and think of something else. I think it's hard enough already.. (Maybe I don't understand what you mean?)Stage 2A lot of overlaps to be mentioned again (I mean not the ones which have distance snap, but the ones with higher distance like these: 00:08:145 (1,6) - This one's definitely okay, the (1) is already gone when the (6) appears for a fair amount of time.00:14:145 (2,1,2) - same here.00:28:145 (4,6,1) - That's what the chain is there for. The player can read this, really. Thanks though.and so on, don't overlap them like this.)Landia00:01:979 (4,5,6) - The pattern before that plays fine until this one comes to play. This doesn't look good and nearly overlaps so space up them a bit and make a bit better pattern between these. Yeah but it doesn't overlap actually :O I really like the flow as it is ... like the mouse draws a little flower.00:26:812 (1,4) - Firstly the overlap doesn't look really good, secondly the pattern is a bit weird again. Like this: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7834364 it looks better and plays better while also maintaining the spacings what you had. Hmm, I like the symmetry here, so I'll just put away the overlap.00:27:645 (6,7) - Imo the spacing between those isn't needed to be that long, just use the basic 1,2x distance here as the song doesn't really ask for the higher one here. It does imo (: But 1.5 was a bit too much. I changed it to 1.3 so it's just a little bigger distance to play.00:28:645 (4,6) - Make the spacing equal here like you have between 00:28:479 (3,4) - these. fixed!00:28:145 (1) - Also, use some sliders here as clicking like this nonstop is really tiring and also might make some confusion once you arrive at the new combo. Noooo that's the whole thing to build up, it's supposed to be hard!00:58:979 (2,4) - Make the spacing equal here as you have with 00:59:145 (3,5) - them. Concerning this and the following: The lines of three notes are supposed to be ... in a turn. So the second line is the first line, but a bit rotated and moved. Do you understand?01:00:145 (1,3) - ^ but with 01:00:312 (2,4) - .01:00:812 (5,6) - ^ 01:00:812 (5,7) - .01:01:645 (2,3) - ^ 01:01:812 (3,4) - .01:00:145 (1) - And the same thing as I mentioned above to add a bit more sliders.
That's my mod, hopefully it helps you, gl!It really did! Thanks!
woah 2007 mapping style
cs is to small for meh
00:03:374 (2,3) - fix blanket yeah
00:04:041 (3,1) - stack done
00:21:207 (10,1) - fix blanket fixed
00:25:541 (5) - nc No, I don't want to interrupt the stream.
00:20:207 (6) - nc ^
00:52:207 (6) - nc ^[Landia]
00:00:708 (2) - ctrl +g naah, the piano first plays a low, then a high note.
00:08:041 (6,1) - fix blanket This blanket really is perfect. Look at a time in the editor, when the hit circle is as big as the blanket slider.
00:12:541 you're missing a note here it's represented by the corner of the slider. a bit unusual but it fits to the instrument which is playing imo
00:20:374 ^ ^
00:20:541 (3) - ^ it is exactly where you copied the time
00:24:207 (1) - mainstream How about my solution?
00:25:041 (3) - stream? not my style. wanted no streams in my map and I like this slider.
you should shape up those sliders man Could you give expamples, where you would like a slider to be more shaped up? I'll give you one kudosu for now, but you may get one more ... (:
the map is boring if you always use straight sliders Well a map can have other qualities to be a good map than interesting slider shapes, but you're right, it's important for the aesthetics. So if you'd show me some suggestions for improvement, I'd be very glad!
good luck in ranking it Thank you very much!
Error- wrote:from my queue
dont forget to m4m my map :3 Be sure that I won't, I'm just not that often at my PC so it could take a little time.
00:13:374 (1) - this can blanket 00:12:374 (2) - Yeah I could do that, but I prefer that way because the corner emphasizes that there are two notes played.
Else is good. yay
Check AiMod plz I have no idea why this happened xd
00:09:374 (4,5,6) - unperfect triangle fixed
00:04:041 (3,1) - Stack them (it could be that you played an older version, I recently fixed that stack. If you mean one of those automatic stacks osu! does, I would not do that here, because there is enough time between those sliders playing.
00:20:707 (9) - this maybe? Sorry, no, the break in the flow exists to emphasize the high note that is played.
00:59:874 (3,4) - why do you do this? you didnt do this before, I mean, 00:27:874 (3) - . Oh wtf why did I do this xD thank you very much!
00:52:707 (9) - Same as above yeah ... same as above (:
00:57:207 (3,4,5,6,7) - do a curve like you do 00:25:207 (3,4,5,6,7) - youre right ... I wanted to emphasize the higher note but it was very inconsistent.
AR 8.5? kk changed
00:07:374 (3,4,5) - Same spacing plz somebody told me to emphasize the melody and I agree to you both ... because more emphasizing makes the map more interesting I think, I'll keep it like that.
00:12:374 (1,2) - A bit undermapped imo, becouse you do jumps and things 00:07:041 (1,2,3,4,5) - ok, I used the same spacing as before
00:25:041 (5) - This can be a stream, why slider? Okay. I really liked that slider and actually wanted no streams in my map. But because this has been mentioned very often, I'll change it, but later.
00:44:374 (1) - Noo, be consistent with 00:12:374 (1) - okay, is it okay how it's now? I thought about reversing the (1).
00:57:041 (5) - same as above yea (:
gl~ thanks, your tips were truly helpful. I hope you respond again.
in case you forgot my map
[ L u k a s ] wrote:From my queue
00:00:208 (1,2) - This can be hard for new players that don't know the song, because it's on red tick. Not at that point, red ticks can be used also on easy maps. I find the rhythm very clear there.
00:07:041 (2,3,4) - Rhythm in here feels very wrong, I don't know what you're emphasizing with those circles, but maybe you should put them half a tick earlier, that would make it better Yeah, this is the result of many other mods. Looks like it's not the best yet. I'll rework it.
I don't really like to repeat myself that much, according to these two suggestions, find the issues in the rest of the diff. yeah sure!
00:26:874 (1,2,3) - Maybe make (1) a slider until (2) and make an arrow. I like the idea, but this is supposed to be the hardest part and reverse sliders aren't really hard.
00:32:207 (1) - I don't know why you put the spinner there, but it's basically the same as the beginning of the song so I think you should map it along with the break after it Because I wouldn't have any spinners then and I want a beginner player to not be bored of my map because of it.
01:03:374 (2) - This slider is touching this circle 01:02:541 (3) - which can look a bit ugly. Oh yeah, thanks
00:01:374 (3) - The middle of this slider is ignoring the important sound on 00:01:541 - I understand ... well I focused the piano and there's this flow created by the sliders I actually don't want to destroy.
00:05:041 (5) - The overlap between this slider and the slider before is kinda ugly, maybe try different slider placement so that it doesn't touch. I fear that this isn't possible because they have to overlap because of consistent spacing. They are put symmetrically next to each other, so I guess I'll leave it like that.
00:18:541 (4) - This circle should be in the direction where the slider is ending. No, the music plays an interesting higher note there, which just has to be emphasized imo.
I think the gap between this diff and the diff after is too big, maybe make a Hard diff (Stage 3 in this case or something)
Same goes for this diff, these errors are just repeating throughout the diff, fix them.
That's it for my mod Thank you very much, you really helped me at the first diff! (:
LwL wrote:Hello again Hi (:00:08:041 (6,1) - nazi blanket, slider end anchor to (407|148) to fix. Remember to adjust 00:08:791 (2,3) - afterwards fixed
00:08:874 (3,4) - slightly higher spacing for no overlap? fixed
00:10:874 (1) - This slider can definitely be made cleaner using only 2 or 3 anchors (and properly blanket 00:11:707 (4) - ), but I suck at sliders so I can't tell you how exactly. Though I'd say to move (4) to get the blanket better. there must be at least 4 or it wouldnt make any sense but I know what you mean and I think I fixed it.
00:12:374 (1,2) - seems inconsistent with 00:07:041 (1,2,3,4,5) - which is a similar section in the music, hmm I don't agree. The notes are held longer in the music the trumpet plays. I think I need to emphasize that. the clicking rhythm here doesn't really reflect it even if the slider bends are on important sounds, it's just far less emphasized. I understand.. I would like to use sliders, but maybe you know a better way to emphasize more? Your mapping is also essentially implying that the sound on 00:12:874 (2) - is held for as long as the one on 00:13:541 (1) - Well that's why there is a corner here 00:12:541 - and here 00:13:041
00:44:374 (1,2) - ^ ^
00:29:374 (8,1) - a bit higher spacing since you don't have the flow break for additional emphasis as you have at 00:29:874 (3,4) - ? Hmm, well I wouldn't overdo it - shouldn't the player first be introduced to the higher spacing between the groups of three notes? And then, as you say, the flow break will additionally emphasise them.
00:58:374 (5) - Why not make this a repeat slider like you did for similar sounds previously? You're right about the inconsistency, but I preferred the second method to emphasize the music, so I fixed it the other way around.
01:01:374 (8,1) - higher spacing/flow break for emphasis? As above, the player is supposed to be introduced to the flow breaks, so at first the direction changes only a bit and then there are the overlaps.
no kd What does kd stand for? kudosu? Does that mean you don't want one? Why? You really deserve it for your mod.
Seems mostly consistent overall, and I don't really have much else to judge old style maps on other than some basic emphasis, so seems good I guess? Thanks for the mod! Your tips are well-thoughtout.
Yep it's kudosu, and the reason is that I already got it for the other mod and getting kd twice for the same map doesn't quite feel fair unless it was a total remap. The logic being that most of what I pointed out in the second mod I could already have done in the first if I had noticed.
Lone Pixel wrote:
LwL wrote:no kd What does kd stand for? kudosu? Does that mean you don't want one? Why? You really deserve it for your mod.
00:29:374 (8,1) - a bit higher spacing since you don't have the flow break for additional emphasis as you have at 00:29:874 (3,4) - ? Hmm, well I wouldn't overdo it - shouldn't the player first be introduced to the higher spacing between the groups of three notes? And then, as you say, the flow break will additionally emphasise them. I don't think there's much of a need for introduction for a mechanic as basic as flow/variable spacing, and imo introduction like that is done better by simply telling the player "this pattern exists" in a slower part of the song, rather than in a part that's already intense and not significantly different from when the pattern starts being used in full.
LwL wrote:Yep it's kudosu, and the reason is that I already got it for the other mod and getting kd twice for the same map doesn't quite feel fair unless it was a total remap. The logic being that most of what I pointed out in the second mod I could already have done in the first if I had noticed. Well basically you are one of the few people who actually care about the answers of the map creator and about improving the map instead of just showing: "Hey you did things wroong!" That's why I'll give you an extra one.
Oh and I didn't count the start and end for the slider anchors xd Aah okay
EDIT since my league queue totally didn't pop while I was writing it and I just wanted to send it even tho I wasn't quite done:00:29:374 (8,1) - a bit higher spacing since you don't have the flow break for additional emphasis as you have at 00:29:874 (3,4) - ? Hmm, well I wouldn't overdo it - shouldn't the player first be introduced to the higher spacing between the groups of three notes? And then, as you say, the flow break will additionally emphasise them. I don't think there's much of a need for introduction for a mechanic as basic as flow/variable spacing, and imo introduction like that is done better by simply telling the player "this pattern exists" in a slower part of the song, rather than in a part that's already intense and not significantly different from when the pattern starts being used in full. Okay, I agree. I just don't want to have a higher spacing one time and then flow breaks, so I did a flowbreak here 00:29:374 (8,1) too. Thx