forum

mouse mode in tablet..

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dream7
Hi! I'm a new tablet user! I'm using a Genius G-Pen F350 Graphics tablet.. My question is.. can i make my pen tablet to mouse mode? Do I need to install other programs to do that?
Shael_old
Topic Starter
dream7
any more BETTER answers?
higurush
Best config for tablet.
Use the keyboard for clicking instead of your pen.

Topic Starter
dream7
thanks for that! but that's not what i'm lookin for.. i wanna know how to control my pen as how i control my mouse
higurush
You got the tablet. okay. grab the pen and think that the tablet is your monitor.

That's all.
look at your Real Monitor, and just move your pen on the tablet. It will behave as your mouse.

Anyway. Install the tablet driver from the CD you've got.
And disable MacroKey Manager!
Topic Starter
dream7
http://www.camerahobby.com/Images/Techn ... screen.jpg that window is what i'm lookin for.. :D
higurush
What op. sys you've got? O_O

It's only needed if you've got win.XP or Linux

Otherwise I don't understand why you want to use your tablet as a mouse, if you could use it as a Tablet. :d
you shouldn't have got any issue with this :d
Topic Starter
dream7
i got windows 7.. but i found it already.. thanks for your time sir! :D
higurush
okay you know ^___^
Neruell

higurush wrote:

Otherwise I don't understand why you want to use your tablet as a mouse, if you could use it as a Tablet. :d
Yeah why buy a tablet and use it as mouse? Any feature of using the pen/tablet is just lost then.
gat1toneku

Neruell wrote:

higurush wrote:

Yeah why buy a tablet and use it as mouse? Any feature of using the pen/tablet is just lost then.
but some people actually use tablet+mouse mode (just see the tablet area thread)
yeah it lost it's feature but probably some people just prefer to control the cursor with a pen than a mouse
Neruell
Well it's the same as play a fps game with a controller totally stupid but people like it xD
Wishy
Mouse mode = crap, that's all. I don't know about any top player using mod, and I've tried it sucks, go for pen mode.
Waryas
Binjip uses mouse mode AFAIK
AnFace
It's really not that much different. Your movements are more about "how do I get from here to here" than "where on the tablet is this note."
Luna
The difference is that with tablet mode you see a hitcircle and can instinctively move your cursor there.
With mouse mode, you have to percieve the hitcircle AND the position of your cursor, then "calculate" the path. It needs double the amount of input, so it can be seen as an inferior method. Some people feel more comfortable with it, though~
But whatever, this thread's question was resolved, so this is turning into off-topic :P
AnFace

Luna wrote:

The difference is that with tablet mode you see a hitcircle and can instinctively move your cursor there.
With mouse mode, you have to percieve the hitcircle AND the position of your cursor, then "calculate" the path. It needs double the amount of input, so it can be seen as an inferior method. Some people feel more comfortable with it, though~
But whatever, this thread's question was resolved, so this is turning into off-topic :P
Play with an invisible cursor and see how you feel after that
Luna
Yeah, invisible cursor is much easier with tablet mode. If you ever lose track of where your cursor is in mouse mode, you're completely lost.
You are left with only half the needed information (where the hitobject is) but the other, equally important half (where is my cursor) is missing.
So I really don't get your point ._.
AnFace
Try it