forum

Effort is worthless if your not mapping long songs

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ashton
Any TV size map, or map under 1 minute is a bad map.

This society needs to stop mapping these useless songs because only long songs are good

Every mapper who puts effort into a short song is a bad mapper

No more maps that have been cut or are short should EVER be mapped, what? I don't care if the mapper put effort into it, it's useless because it's short
levesterz
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Rwyta
Mapping is still a difficult process to everyone, especially to new mappers WHO ARE NOT EXPERIENCED TO THIS KIND OF SHIT SO DON'T EXPECT THEM TO MAP A FUCKING 40 MINUTE MARATHON also getting them ranked is hard enough. TV sized maps are the most widely played because they're balanced in terms of difficulty and length while longer maps tend to have a slower pace so players can maintain their stamina and 20 to 40 seconds maps have a much faster pace in trade for their short length. Saying mappers who put effort into a short song is a bad mapper is like saying Montrata mapping a TV sized map is considered a bad map. Wake up, honey! BECAUSE IT'S NOT. If you can do better, go map yourself a song and get it ranked even if what you're saying is sarcasm or not I just want to put this out of my chest.
FuZ
tru
_handholding

CanadianBaka wrote:

This society needs to stop mapping these useless songs because only long songs are good

No more maps that have been cut or are short should EVER be mapped, what? I don't care if the mapper put effort into it, it's useless because it's short
This is coming from the same person that tried and failed to rank over 4 songs (that I know of) that were only just above 30 seconds in length. I'm not 100% sure as to what you're trying to do
johnmedina999

CanadianBaka wrote:

Nice unpopular opinion, poppy.
_handholding
Ok so I saw you put the same thing your profile with "this is sarcasm, I'm mocking the current mapping community".

Tbh this is a bit of a shit joke
Offdensen
I've actually mapped short songs (Like 36 and Blood) and its quicker tbh if you have effort into it
johnmedina999

Kisses wrote:

Ok so I saw you put the same thing your profile with "this is sarcasm, I'm mocking the current mapping community".

Tbh this is a bit of a shit joke
Damn, that sucks. I haven't had a good argument in a while.
Topic Starter
Ashton

Kisses wrote:

CanadianBaka wrote:

This is coming from the same person that tried and failed to rank over 4 songs (that I know of) that were only just above 30 seconds in length. I'm not 100% sure as to what you're trying to do

Wo I'm sorry but each time I upload a map I get the same "it's short go to hell" which is the reason I failed to map 30 second maps and get them ranked because they are short

Allmynamestaken wrote:

Mapping is still a difficult process to everyone, especially to new mappers WHO ARE NOT EXPERIENCED TO THIS KIND OF SHIT SO DON'T EXPECT THEM TO MAP A FUCKING 40 MINUTE MARATHON also getting them ranked is hard enough. TV sized maps are the most widely played because they're balanced in terms of difficulty and length while longer maps tend to have a slower pace so players can maintain their stamina and 20 to 40 seconds maps have a much faster pace in trade for their short length. Saying mappers who put effort into a short song is a bad mapper is like saying Montrata mapping a TV sized map is considered a bad map. Wake up, honey! BECAUSE IT'S NOT. If you can do better, go map yourself a song and get it ranked even if what you're saying is sarcasm or not I just want to put this out of my chest.
This is exactly the kind of things I wish everyone knew, but they don't. Maybe you don't know this but I have mapped lo
N0thingSpecial
lol k
Topic Starter
Ashton
lol
abraker
Change pp not to make 10 sec 5* so easy to farm
ColdTooth
welcome to the real world
johnmedina999
I guess I can leave this here.
Was the effort wasted making this map? No. I really like the song, and wurtz' average video time is 10 seconds. Should I be discouraged from mapping the songs that I like, even though they're short? No.
Erlkonig
big if true
Tae

Kisses wrote:

wew lad

i don't see why length is an issue, as long as the map is decent, and you're not dodgily cutting it, what's the problem?
Railey2

Tae wrote:

Kisses wrote:

wew lad

i don't see why length is an issue, as long as the map is decent, and you're not dodgily cutting it, what's the problem?
nothing, he's clearly just being elitist over one of the most banal issues he could've picked.
Stefan
just another thread

hey
ColdTooth

Stefan wrote:

hey
bum bum bum

got any grapes?
DirgeControl
length doesn't matter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ColdTooth

DirgeControl wrote:

length doesn't matter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
it does in my house
ColdTooth
double posting also makes it longer
johnmedina999
Lol
johnmedina999
Triple
johnmedina999
I was about to do a quad post but I don't want to get silenced by Stefan
Topic Starter
Ashton
i double post also
Topic Starter
Ashton
this wasn't to be taken seriously, this isn't a big issue, hence why it's in off-topic
Tae
damn dude how many silences do you get
+ the namechange to include the space 🤔
Topic Starter
Ashton

Tae wrote:

damn dude how many silences do you get
+ the namechange to include the space 🤔

27 in total as of now

it's not my fault she wanted me to call her kys bread butthole

wats wrong with name change xd
johnmedina999

Canadian Baka wrote:

this wasn't to be taken seriously, this isn't a big issue, hence why it's in off-topic
<Insert "List of Mapping Drama" and."Looking for girlfriend" links here>
Topic Starter
Ashton
hehe when have I EVER created mapping drama??

i need to get out of here quick
johnmedina999
I refuse to have an evil twin.
THIS MEANS WAR
Topic Starter
Ashton
YES IT DOES!!!
show more