SexuaLobster - Calloused Hands

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nostalgic
o/ m4m

• [normal]
  1. 00:21:364 (2,4) - fix stack

well i can't really find anything. GL :)
Momochikun
hi

[Hard]
00:05:433 (4,5) - i think its better to follow vocal here

idk

[Advanced]
00:30:468 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5) - this part is a kind of too dense compared to the other stuff that kinda make spike on the diff, prob use some 1/1
01:03:570 (1) - unstack them ? i prefer spaced ryhthym here

[Normal]
00:26:330 (2) - how about slider + note instead ? kinda weird to start a long break after a reverse hit imo

sry short mod, i cant really enjoy the song tbh
gl
Topic Starter
hohol454

Nostalgic wrote:

o/ m4m

• [normal]
  1. 00:21:364 (2,4) - fix stack fixed

well i can't really find anything. GL :)

Momochikun wrote:

hi

[Hard]
00:05:433 (4,5) - i think its better to follow vocal here I would do that if the vocals ended on the red tick, but they don't so i think it's better to follow the guitar. Also the vocals kinda stress on the white tick so it works with them too.

idk

[Advanced]
00:30:468 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5) - this part is a kind of too dense compared to the other stuff that kinda make spike on the diff, prob use some 1/1 it's 73 bpm 1/2. both previous section and kiai have the equivalent of 73 1/4 so I don't think it spikes the difficulty. the sliders are short so you don't have to follow them
01:03:570 (1) - unstack them ? i prefer spaced ryhthym here ye it's more readable

[Normal]
00:26:330 (2) - how about slider + note instead ? kinda weird to start a long break after a reverse hit imo ok

sry short mod, i cant really enjoy the song tbh
gl
thx for mods
pishifat
ok i did forget actually

drum-slidertick and drum-sliderwhistle are unused apparently

part after the kiai sounds like it was designed for the drum sampleset. claps are used on bass sounds, which is pretty weird with soft sampleset. if you want to use the soft hitnormal with drum additions, adding that as a custom hitnormal or changing additions for everything in this section to drum would work
this is confusing to explain

normal
00:37:088 (1) - should use same hitsound as adv/hard here

call me back as many times as it takes
Topic Starter
hohol454

pishifat wrote:

ok i did forget actually

drum-slidertick and drum-sliderwhistle are unused apparently

part after the kiai sounds like it was designed for the drum sampleset. claps are used on bass sounds, which is pretty weird with soft sampleset. if you want to use the soft hitnormal with drum additions, adding that as a custom hitnormal or changing additions for everything in this section to drum would work
this is confusing to explain

normal
00:37:088 (1) - should use same hitsound as adv/hard here

call me back as many times as it takes
did the thing (with drum additions)
pishifat
hitsounds on normal are still fucked
Topic Starter
hohol454
oops forgot the additions, fixed
pishifat
c
Nao Tomori
zz placeholder
sry for so late, been super busy with school lately

[hard]
u should totally do a custom diffname !

00:02:330 (3,4,5,6,7) - i think this is weird cuz u dont really from the vocal to the drum focus well. you could separate 00:03:157 (7) - with an nc and make it circle+slider to follow the drum rhythm better. also having a clap on the end is weird af cuz theres nothing suggesting that in the song.

00:05:019 (3) - same here, clap on end sounds so weird cuz your rhythm is fundamentally vocal based so hitsounding with drums is like ?_?

00:12:054 (5) - circle + slider at 00:12:261 - makes more sense with the backing instruments and the vocal pitch change.

00:23:640 (9) - imo slider on 8 works better cuz theres nothing in the song here. or just a 1/1 gap, fits much better.

00:25:295 (5) - same as above

00:39:571 (3,4,5,6,1) - rip visual spacing lol, the spacing between 3 and 561 is soo tiny even though everywhere else has much bigger visual spacing

mh i dont like how ds is used everywhere, it makes it impossible to separate which layers you follow in the song by patterning or w/e.

[advanced]
00:03:157 (5,6,1) - pixel overlaps aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

00:35:433 (1,2,3) - this kinda thing might be a bit confusing for noobs

00:43:708 (1,2) - tbh at least make them the same slider

[normal]
00:06:675 - 1/4 slider starting here could be cute tbh

00:20:537 (1,3) - imo dont perfect stack these on this diff

00:29:281 - break? or 2 beat long spinner with 2 beat recovery? having a gap here is a bit odd

00:44:535 - put the bend on the drum lol

not particularly sure how appropriate this is for the game.. i mean its literally about jacking off so lol

also not a fan of full ds top diffs, you can represent the song a lot better by incorporating jumps or pattern separation or whatever. good luck.
Topic Starter
hohol454

Naotoshi wrote:

zz placeholder
sry for so late, been super busy with school lately

[hard]
u should totally do a custom diffname ! Hard is the custom diffname ;)

00:02:330 (3,4,5,6,7) - i think this is weird cuz u dont really from the vocal to the drum focus well. you could separate 00:03:157 (7) - with an nc and make it circle+slider to follow the drum rhythm better. also having a clap on the end is weird af cuz theres nothing suggesting that in the song. Why make NC more complex when it works? Also circle + slider doesn't really follow the rhythm better because i wanted all three notes to be of the same importance which repeat slider achieves better.

00:05:019 (3) - same here, clap on end sounds so weird cuz your rhythm is fundamentally vocal based so hitsounding with drums is like ?_? it works imo. Changed hitsounds around 00:10:812 - tho since it sounded weird

00:12:054 (5) - circle + slider at 00:12:261 - makes more sense with the backing instruments and the vocal pitch change. works with drums and guitar but loses the vocals focus since the pitch change is really off.

00:23:640 (9) - imo slider on 8 works better cuz theres nothing in the song here. or just a 1/1 gap, fits much better. there is guitar

00:25:295 (5) - same as above

00:39:571 (3,4,5,6,1) - rip visual spacing lol, the spacing between 3 and 561 is soo tiny even though everywhere else has much bigger visual spacing fixed

mh i dont like how ds is used everywhere, it makes it impossible to separate which layers you follow in the song by patterning or w/e. since when is spacing used to separate which layers you follow? that's usually done with patterning and rhythm.

[advanced]
00:03:157 (5,6,1) - pixel overlaps aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa fixed

00:35:433 (1,2,3) - this kinda thing might be a bit confusing for noobs advanced isn't for total noobs anymore tho

00:43:708 (1,2) - tbh at least make them the same slider doesn't matter

[normal]
00:06:675 - 1/4 slider starting here could be cute tbh on a normal?

00:20:537 (1,3) - imo dont perfect stack these on this diff ar4 helps with this, the stack lasts only for a short time

00:29:281 - break? or 2 beat long spinner with 2 beat recovery? having a gap here is a bit odd break

00:44:535 - put the bend on the drum lol removed random red anchors

not particularly sure how appropriate this is for the game.. i mean its literally about jacking off so lol so it this https://osu.ppy.sh/b/271109

also not a fan of full ds top diffs, you can represent the song a lot better by incorporating jumps or pattern separation or whatever. good luck. I think it can be fun to have a simple linear map without jumps and only use rhythm and patterning to make it interesting
thanks
sahuang
Hard is the default diffname, not custom

Normal is fine

In advanced can you make sure distances are mostly consistent? Cuz i think many notes are too close to each other etc. 00:03:157 (5,6,1) - 00:04:812 (2,3,4) - The distance for 00:06:881 (6,1) - is the most natural imo, 00:11:433 (2,3,4) - those feel really bad because everything is crashed together..Can you adjust the spacing in this diff thanks

Hard
00:03:778 - map this
00:11:433 - 00:12:261 - these downbeats should be emphasised imo, not blue lines. same forthe other place

Should be all, I really hope you can make advanced more visually neat and more aesthetics
Topic Starter
hohol454

sahuang wrote:

Hard is the default diffname, not custom that was just a bad joke about the song subject giving "hard" another meaning. I'm not a fan of custom difficulty names on super small mapsets.

Normal is fine

In advanced can you make sure distances are mostly consistent? Cuz i think many notes are too close to each other etc. 00:03:157 (5,6,1) - 00:04:812 (2,3,4) - The distance for 00:06:881 (6,1) - is the most natural imo, 00:11:433 (2,3,4) - those feel really bad because everything is crashed together..Can you adjust the spacing in this diff thanks fixed. I think i scaled the whole beatmap slightly for some reason and forgot to fix DS properly

Hard
00:03:778 - map this ok
00:11:433 - 00:12:261 - these downbeats should be emphasised imo, not blue lines. same forthe other place I get the idea but I like the vocal emphasis here more

Should be all, I really hope you can make advanced more visually neat and more aesthetics
thanks
sahuang
Fine I will rebubble this since it has been 2 months

pishi will qua it(hopefully
pishifat
Hard
ZekeyHache
lol what
Weber
Oh my fucking god thank you so much for mapping sexualobster FUCK YES
Chewin
wth guys ahahahahahah

btw isn't the timing a bit fked?
Shmiklak
I need some lotion too
Uta
umm... hello? what is this map again? xD
Topic Starter
hohol454

Chewin wrote:

btw isn't the timing a bit fked?
Idk it seems correct to me. It's just that some parts are a bit tricky to acc when there are only vocals or guitar I think.