forum

[Archived] Random Freezes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shael_old
Hello, lately, I'm getting alot of random freezes that just hold for a second, but come very often, randomly

It really fucks up when I want to play songs serious or in mulitplayer

Any Suggestions?

CPU : 4x3ghz
RAM : 4GB DDR2 1066 RAM
GFX : nVidia 285GTX
James2250
Did you check some of the solutions given in this thread?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=42149

Did you try changing some of the options under the frame limiter/enabling low end PC to see if any of it makes any difference?
Topic Starter
Shael_old

James2250 wrote:

Did you check some of the solutions given in this thread?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=42149

Did you try changing some of the options under the frame limiter/enabling low end PC to see if any of it makes any difference?
Yup, try'd them all.

Even installed a new copy of windows.
Topic Starter
Shael_old
Bumpp
Zetta
Which songs do they happen on?

Maybe it's songs with videos, laggy skins or storyboards? Honestly it could be anything. I also get these SOMETIMES, not very often though but I know your frustration. The game just stops for about 1 second then starts again which can mean the difference between a miss and a hit while playing.
awp
If they're random spikes and not a constant problem (thread title says: yes!) it is likely a background process/application being a douchebag.

I don't think I can give any advice that is both solid and sane. A surefire way to deal with the issue is to reformat the entire harddrive/operating system to clear out all the gunk and bloat that accrues over time, but to do all that for the sake of a game's a bit much. Otherwise, try killing applications that aren't in use (I've never seen this actually work though)
Topic Starter
Shael_old
All I can say is that deleting all element except the map really helps me in this problem...