forum

TANUKI - Transmission

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Canderos
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 9:08:43 PM

Artist: TANUKI
Title: Transmission
Tags: electro probably
BPM: 142
Filesize: 2742kb
Play Time: 00:40
Difficulties Available:
  1. Advanced (2.8 stars, 98 notes)
  2. Expert (5.43 stars, 159 notes)
  3. Hard (3.38 stars, 108 notes)
  4. Insane (4.26 stars, 114 notes)
  5. Normal (1.68 stars, 44 notes)
Download: TANUKI - Transmission
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

https://soundcloud.com/tanukimusic/transmission

Banner by GreenHue <3

2018?
Kreming
discord mod ;;;;)

pepep
Topic Starter
Canderos

Kreming wrote:

discord mod ;;;;)

pepep
::::)
Zonthem
Hi, late but M4M from my modding queue !

[Expert]
  1. 00:00:051 (1, 2) : Overlap don't look nice
  2. 00:30:896 - Would make it clickable (same for 00:31:741, 00:32:586)
  3. 00:37:234 (1) : stacking is perhaps not that good, you put circles by 3, and now and only for this one, you put 4
Well i haven't much to say, it's a pretty short song and you mapped it without a big variety of patterns

[Insane]
  1. 00:00:051 (1, 2) : Overlap don't look nice (exactly the same as expert^^)
  2. 00:32:867 (1, 1) : SPacing incease really suddently
  3. 00:39:346 (1, 2) : I would use a bigger spacing to make it gobally increase in this part
[Hard]
  1. 00:00:051 (1, 1) : Overlap don't look nice (Combo, this one looks like a big mistake)
  2. 00:00:051 (1, 1, 1, 2) : What are those combos ? They looks really weird
In both extra and insane, you put slider on white note, there you have choose to put the circle on the white note, and imo it's a mistake, it's way more disturbing while playing

GL
Topic Starter
Canderos

Zonthem wrote:

Hi, late but M4M from my modding queue !

[Expert]
  1. 00:00:051 (1, 2) : Overlap don't look nice Changed up section here a bit
  2. 00:30:896 - Would make it clickable (same for 00:31:741, 00:32:586) As the beat is rearranged a bit from 00:30:332 (4) to 00:30:473 (1), I feel as if the change in pattern is justified because it follows the music after the rearrangement more closely. I don't change the general pattern due to the rearrangement on other difficulties, but as the difficulty in question is Expert-level I find it fine to leave it as it is.
  3. 00:37:234 (1) : stacking is perhaps not that good, you put circles by 3, and now and only for this one, you put 4 Changed up the stacks here a bit
Well i haven't much to say, it's a pretty short song and you mapped it without a big variety of patterns

[Insane]
  1. 00:00:051 (1, 2) : Overlap don't look nice (exactly the same as expert^^) Fixed
  2. 00:32:867 (1, 1) : SPacing incease really suddently Spacing decreased a bit
  3. 00:39:346 (1, 2) : I would use a bigger spacing to make it gobally increase in this part Increased DS between notes
[Hard]
  1. 00:00:051 (1, 1) : Overlap don't look nice (Combo, this one looks like a big mistake) Fixed
  2. 00:00:051 (1, 1, 1, 2) : What are those combos ? They looks really weird Yeah fuck that was pretty bad lol
In both extra and insane, you put slider on white note, there you have choose to put the circle on the white note, and imo it's a mistake, it's way more disturbing while playing Ugh, I've been debating this one to myself for a while. Both the Hard and the Advanced are built around the note-on-white-tick-slider-on-the-other-two thing I have going on, and I feel it plays about as well and fits the music about as fine as the alternative. Because of that, I'm going to leave the diffs as they are for now.

GL <3
Thanks for the mod!
Metaku
m4m from queue.You can mod this

[General]

1. You have no combo colors set, You need to add those.
  2. Your difficulty settings need some adjustment... 3,5 is too much for the lowest diff, might want to try 3 instead, and Insane definitely doesn't need higher ar than 9. AR 9,7 and OD 8,7 for the top diff are also bit questionable so maybe lower them a bit.
  3. The gap in difficulty with advanced and normal is way too big. Normal is just 1/1 with some 2/1 but the advanced is just all out 1/3 spam.
[Normal]

Well... You pretty much need to remap this for a few reasons:
  1. You should use distance snap. Your spacing is all over the place and jumps aren't really allowed on normal diffs. You should keep consistent spacing since it's meant to be easy after all.
  2. Too many slider velocity changes. You generally shouldn't change the SV too much on diffs of this level... I think you could maybe have the intro on 0.8x since it's calm and slow and the rest in 1.0 or something but changing SV for single sliders isn't really acceptable. Also the general SV of the 1.5x section is way too high for a normal diff
[Advanced]

Well I'd try to keep the sv changes here minimal too... 0.5x - 1.5x is a bit too much of a change in an advanced diff and I'd really avoid that in hard diff too...

1. 00:22:867 (3) - Well while those patterns of 4 are nice they don't work well if there's a noticeable change in music like this. The melody is clearly different in pitch so maybe have this as circle + slider?
[Hard]

1. 00:00:051 (1,2) - There's no connection between these making it look really random...
  2. 00:06:811 (1) - You nced this on hard insane and expert but not on normal and advanced... Could make it consistent
[Insane]

1. 00:00:051 (1) - This slider doesn't look too nice... I'm sure you could improve the shape
  2. 00:27:374 (1,2) - Well these kinda suck since the emphasis is not on the drums on the sliders like they should be but on the note before it
[Expert]
  1. Your NCing is really different from the Insane... Idk if there's a reason but you could try to keep it similar
  2. 00:30:473 (1,2) -00:31:318 (1,2) - 00:32:163 (1,2) - Weird change in rhythm even though the music stays the same? The hitsounded kicks sound really weird too...
  3. 00:37:234 (1,2) - Again don't change rhythm like this sinc the music still has same emphasis
Well really short mod... Not too good with stuff like this and it's really repetitive and pretty boring imo.
Topic Starter
Canderos

Metaku wrote:

m4m from queue.You can mod this

[General]

1. You have no combo colors set, You need to add those. Will add
  2. Your difficulty settings need some adjustment... 3,5 is too much for the lowest diff, might want to try 3 instead, and Insane definitely doesn't need higher ar than 9. AR 9,7 and OD 8,7 for the top diff are also bit questionable so maybe lower them a bit. Good to keep in mind
  3. The gap in difficulty with advanced and normal is way too big. Normal is just 1/1 with some 2/1 but the advanced is just all out 1/3 spam. Yeah, I've gotten complaints about that and I can see where it's coming from. I'll tone it down in the remap.
[Normal]

Well... You pretty much need to remap this for a few reasons:
  1. You should use distance snap. Your spacing is all over the place and jumps aren't really allowed on normal diffs. You should keep consistent spacing since it's meant to be easy after all. Everything is distance snapped
  2. Too many slider velocity changes. You generally shouldn't change the SV too much on diffs of this level... I think you could maybe have the intro on 0.8x since it's calm and slow and the rest in 1.0 or something but changing SV for single sliders isn't really acceptable. Also the general SV of the 1.5x section is way too high for a normal diffYou're right, I had no idea how to map normals well when I made this. I'll be better with it in the future.
[Advanced]

Well I'd try to keep the sv changes here minimal too... 0.5x - 1.5x is a bit too much of a change in an advanced diff and I'd really avoid that in hard diff too... ^

1. 00:22:867 (3) - Well while those patterns of 4 are nice they don't work well if there's a noticeable change in music like this. The melody is clearly different in pitch so maybe have this as circle + slider?Good point. Was trying to keep it consistent with the previous section, but I should've changed it there.
[Hard]

1. 00:00:051 (1,2) - There's no connection between these making it look really random... Yea it looks pretty gross lol
  2. 00:06:811 (1) - You nced this on hard insane and expert but not on normal and advanced... Could make it consistent Yeah, this section is basically the same on every diff and isn't at all complex, I should've made it consistent.
[Insane]

1. 00:00:051 (1) - This slider doesn't look too nice... I'm sure you could improve the shape By a lot, it looks pretty bad
  2. 00:27:374 (1,2) - Well these kinda suck since the emphasis is not on the drums on the sliders like they should be but on the note before it True yea
[Expert]
  1. Your NCing is really different from the Insane... Idk if there's a reason but you could try to keep it similar Fair point, but I believe the difference in NCing works fine between the diffs.
  2. 00:30:473 (1,2) -00:31:318 (1,2) - 00:32:163 (1,2) - Weird change in rhythm even though the music stays the same? The hitsounded kicks sound really weird too... The kicks do sound weird, but the rhythm does change here somewhat.
  3. 00:37:234 (1,2) - Again don't change rhythm like this sinc the music still has same emphasis ^
Well really short mod... Not too good with stuff like this and it's really repetitive and pretty boring imo.Did you really have to say that? lol
Well anyways there's the mod.

I really should have done it a long time ago, but back then I was scared of criticism and kind of shut down after getting a mod like this. The mod was necessary for me to become better as a mapper, but at the time I just couldn't handle it. Even so, I shouldn't have put off answering it for as long as I did.

I'm sorry for not replying sooner and I appreciate the time and effort you put into writing this.

I don't know if I'll continue to work on this set, but if I do, it'll bring along major remaps using the knowledge I've gained from mapping over the past year.
Metaku

Canderos wrote:

Well really short mod... Not too good with stuff like this and it's really repetitive and pretty boring imo.Did you really have to say that? lol
A bit late reply but I was basically mostly referring to the song with this, it wasn't meant to be an insult to the map :P
Topic Starter
Canderos

Metaku wrote:

Canderos wrote:

A bit late reply but I was basically mostly referring to the song with this, it wasn't meant to be an insult to the map :P
Ah ok. There's me going and assuming shit lol. Thanks again!
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.