forum

osu! (OS X) beta release

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
peppy
Can you check for any relevant output in your Console.app (in Applications/Utilities/) and pastebin it please?
Remdur
"pastebin"?
Ephemeral
pastebin.com or codepad.com or any other easy way to share logfiles/text on the internet
Remdur
Yeah but... I don't understand xD

I have the console.app but what I am suppose to do with this?
ThrillerFan123

xdwolfe wrote:

I cannot get the app to work i loaded it and clicked it and waited for it to open after six minutes went by and it still does not open or antyhing
Same here. I open it on my mac and it immediatley goes off. Even when I put a beatmap into teh songs folder! :(
[deleted user]
I still can't see the songs that I installed on osu. I can't press f5, because it will go to spaces, and I've restarted it about 10 times. I don't know what to do anymore, I've never had a problem with it before.
Cokidoki
And the score ? D=
Because i don't want to lose my rank on catch the beat
Couwcouw
OMG Working very good ! To add song FN + F5 is working duh... And loggin as it said in first post, its no working. But you can still record your own score...
Mistrixx
Thank you so much for making osu! available on mac. I been looking forward to being able to play osu! on my mac for a while and it works great! :3 Can't wait for online rankings to work ^^
jwebbb
Hwaiting for final release, meanwhile... downloading test release and copying beatmaps from bootcamp.

<3
[deleted user]
Can anyone with positive results on a macbook post? I don't know if the lag issues I'm having are with my computer or not. No background programs or processes running, osu runs barely playable on the low-end PC setting and I have a 2010 macbook with i7 and gefore 8800 so I feel like this may be representative of a computer problem but wanted to et a benchmark. Is osu that graphics intensive? Other mac users who report no issues are you on Macs or Macbooks? thx for a great game I love it on my PC but I wanna play it on campus!!!
[deleted user]
Is there gonna be a time where osu won't have to be operated on wine?
[deleted user]
It won't let me log on osu =/
lilymetty
Hello peppy?... um i cant get new beatmaps onto my song list and its always the tutorial can you please reply to me as soon as possible because i really want to play the game :(
Randy96

peppy wrote:

Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post. Please read the opening post.

p.s. Please read the opening post.
Mayucchi
Thanks for this, but it's a tad too laggy to play on my 2010 MacBook Air...and this Mac is better than most Macs out there. =/

Tried 800x600 and runs well at ~100fps. Awesome stuff! Now to wait for Bancho support to come back, and I'll start playing this great game again. Stopped playing since uninstalling windows. :)

Two problems:

1. The song usually doesn't show up after importing and they don't even show up if you to quit and start again many, many times. You have to delete all the old songs for the new ones to show up...and drag the old ones back in from the trash.

2. The spinner is INCREDIBLY ANNOYING since it stops spinning if your cursor leaves the window. This is a big problem. I am failing every spinner right now.

BadWolf0 wrote:

Can anyone with positive results on a macbook post? I don't know if the lag issues I'm having are with my computer or not. No background programs or processes running, osu runs barely playable on the low-end PC setting and I have a 2010 macbook with i7 and gefore 8800 so I feel like this may be representative of a computer problem but wanted to et a benchmark. Is osu that graphics intensive? Other mac users who report no issues are you on Macs or Macbooks? thx for a great game I love it on my PC but I wanna play it on campus!!!
Your MacBook Pro is definitely more powerful than my Air...so something's wrong. I'm getting pretty good frames.
[deleted user]
i added a song to the song folder and i refreshed and relaunched osu but i am still not getting the song to show up
Roga-don
I've got a little problem. Even when I put the unlimited FPS mode, it stays at 60FPS. I don't know why! :x
Aposke

ImperialX wrote:

Two problems:

1. The song usually doesn't show up after importing and they don't even show up if you to quit and start again many, many times. You have to delete all the old songs for the new ones to show up...and drag the old ones back in from the trash.

2. The spinner is INCREDIBLY ANNOYING since it stops spinning if your cursor leaves the window. This is a big problem. I am failing every spinner right now.
1. You need to press F5 a few times while at the song select screen. It takes a while but it should auto-refresh your song list with the new beatmaps.

2. I agree with this. However, there is still the fullscreen option, even if it might take a while to get accustomed to.
[deleted user]
i am very new to this game, i saw my friend playing it on his pc and wondered if they had it for mac. i downloaded it for my ipod so i figured there would be a mac version and im glad there is!
i am having troubles getting it to work though.

i think a few other people in this thread have the same problem as me where i open osu! and it stays open but nothing else happens. i know it says it takes up to 5 minutes but i have been waiting longer than that and nothing :(
i do have x11, and im on a macbook pro 15" from 2010

i noticed that its called osuwine, so does that mean i need to install wine or something as well?
and also when i open osu! is x11 supposed to open automatically or do i need to open that myself?

sorry, im a n00b and this is probably frustrating to read but i really just want to play :D

i will keep trying to figure it out but if someone can help ide appreciate it :)
Aposke

Kelmo57 wrote:

ii noticed that its called osuwine, so does that mean i need to install wine or something as well?
and also when i open osu! is x11 supposed to open automatically or do i need to open that myself?
Yes, you need to have the newest version of wine installed as well. And x11 opening automatically is exactly what's supposed to happen :P
[deleted user]
Will osu! on the mac support skins? I got the accuracy skin, and put it in the skins folder but it's not working. Am I supposed to refresh the game, or turn it on and off again until the skin loads?
Ephemeral

Aposke wrote:

Kelmo57 wrote:

ii noticed that its called osuwine, so does that mean i need to install wine or something as well?
Yes, you need to have the newest version of wine installed as well. And x11 opening automatically is exactly what's supposed to happen :P
no, you don't

the entire point of this package is that wine is bundled together with osu so that it runs -nearly- standalone.

please go back and reread this thread - a couple of people have had the same issue.
[deleted user]
If osu is running through wine, why can't it go online? If osu is running on wine, then it should be able to because wine doesn't do anything to the internet.

Is it being fixed? At some point, will osu multiplayer be available for the mac?
redFF
it wont let me log on T.T
Ephemeral

Absurd Bunny wrote:

If osu is running through wine, why can't it go online? If osu is running on wine, then it should be able to because wine doesn't do anything to the internet.

Is it being fixed? At some point, will osu multiplayer be available for the mac?
if it were that simple, then it would be running online already.

wine only provides a platform for programs to run on non-windows systems. this platform is constantly under development and as such, some features are in varying state of completion. the reason why osu!mac doesn't work online is because the platform for communicating with the server is not functioning properly at a wine level - something which needs to be addressed by the wine developers more than anything else.
[deleted user]
i read the whole thread, i tried leaving it open for long over 10 minutes, i tried again with wine open and i tried again by opening x 11 first and i still cant get it -_-
oh well, hopefully a full release soon? :)
SoulAlchemist

BadWolf0 wrote:

I have a Macbook Pro and Osu! works fine for me as long as I have it set to low-end PC. If I don't have it on low-end PC game lags. The special modes, on the other hand, work fine under any of the settings.
[deleted user]
i'm having problems with this edition ,i cannot select resolution and the fonts cannot be shown properly
gyzorz
osu is runnable and all; songs are importable, everything(most) seems to work

but the only problem is that everytime a slider(i hope im calling it right) appears, it seems to "lag" a bit and causes a slowdown/drop in fps temporary. also, i've noticed that during the slowdown, the mouse clicks often does not register.

not sure if it's something im doing wrong ;;
SoulAlchemist

gyzorz wrote:

but the only problem is that everytime a slider(i hope im calling it right) appears, it seems to "lag" a bit and causes a slowdown/drop in fps temporary. also, i've noticed that during the slowdown, the mouse clicks often does not register.

I think that the slowdown is happening for most people. Have you tried setting Osu! to low-end pc? That seemed to fix the problem for me.
[deleted user]
I just downloaded this and followed the instructions but I cannot get my beatmaps to show up in Osu! I have tried dragging them and just opening them and letting Osu open on its own but it doesnt do anything. I also cannot log-in on the game, could that be causing the problem?
Randy96
I can't answer your other questions, but it can't go online
Hime-Chi
I got Osu to pop up but I can't log in for some reason :(
XPJ38

Hime-Chi wrote:

I got Osu to pop up but I can't log in for some reason :(
Oh come on, the answer is just above your post... Make the effort to read.
laport
I hope online will be available soon
MrTemeraire
everytime i click osu it opens then it closes straight afterwards
[deleted user]
I tried to do what you said in the thread, but there is no folder labeled "songs". The only folders I have are "MacOS" and "Resources".
[deleted user]
I dragged the .osz beatmaps into the song folder, and the program lists the songs being imported - however they don't show up for play. When I check the folder again, it seems the .osz files have been converted into folders?
hamdisandra_old
can osu play in Win 7?
show more