forum

osu! (OS X) beta release

posted
Total Posts
show more
amibunni
I installed the updated osu and it kept telling me that "osu!" can't be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed. How can i fix this?
Staythirsty

amibunni wrote:

I installed the updated osu and it kept telling me that "osu!" can't be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed. How can i fix this?
Hold control then click on the osu! app and click open in the menu that appears.
monkaGreg
http://puu.sh/jrJy2/ffbaf00534.png I've had this problem for a while, which fonts am I missing and how do I put it in my Osu! app?
AGRX
Message has been deleted.
vsnrain
Updated wrapper. https://mega.nz/#!xo0TwRiK!xHxxtO26bEwC ... MZkARHO3_s
Summary:
- WS9Wine1.7.47 @ Wineskin2.6.0
- .NET Framework 4.5.2
- gdiplus is installed
- LANG set to zh_CN. This should fix Chinese fonts, but mess up English (text in some places, for example popups in editor, will be monospaced). If you want to revert it to how it was before open osu.app/Wineskin.app > Advanced and clear the line "Custom Commands"
- Symlink osu.app/osu to osu.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/Program Files/osu
- Associated extensions should work.
- Wrapper size ~1.68GB
_tasty

vsnrain wrote:

Updated wrapper. https://mega.nz/#!xo0TwRiK!xHxxtO26bEwC ... MZkARHO3_s
Summary:
- WS9Wine1.7.47 @ Wineskin2.6.0
- .NET Framework 4.5.2
- gdiplus is installed
- LANG set to zh_CN. This should fix Chinese fonts, but mess up English (text in some places, for example popups in editor, will be monospaced). If you want to revert it to how it was before open osu.app/Wineskin.app > Advanced and clear the line "Custom Commands"
- Symlink osu.app/osu to osu.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/Program Files/osu
- Associated extensions should work.
- Wrapper size ~1.68GB
says i can't open the application :<
AGRX
doggsrock
i know this is late, but i just got the game on my mac and i can't install any beatmaps to it. i download them from the ranked beatmaps, and they don't work. they won't show up even. it also will create a folder called "Failed" and put it in there. Any idea why this happens?

thanks
AzumaKiyomi
yea i dont get it o.o as i click i drag and drop but it seem that i done it alot so i ended up replacing it a few times what do i do after i drag and drop osu into applications? :arrow:
Vertify

Agrrox wrote:

hersa37 wrote:

Just like on windows, with the [F3] or [F4], though you need to press [fn] too since the F keys are made as secondaries
you can also swap function keys with F keys in System Preferences>Keyboard> Use all F1, F2, etc. as standard function keys...
Zzz, been using Fn my whole Osu life. Thank you Agrrox =)
AGRX
vsnrain

Agrrox wrote:

Was someone able to run cutting edge build on wine? I have seen something on Ubuntu thread.
I tried, but without any particular success. I tried playing with/modifying OpenTK libraries (that throws exception at launch), but the whole process of replacing libraries in osu is a bit time consuming and frustrating, given that osu checks it's MD5 on launch, and if crashes throws itself into update-cycle mode.
It will be much convenient for debugging if there was an option to disable hash checks on startup but I expect that's not going to happen.
CuberIce
Hi! Really looking forward to the version that compatible with OS X 10.10 ! Thanks! :)
g0su1mba
why you will not try to launch Osu in Steam Greenlight? Im ready to purchase a native mac version and I think many of people too.
AGRX
TamodoChidoka
ITS NOT WORKING FOR OS X ver 10.10... :| :| :| :| :| :| [/color][/color][/color][/color]
g0su1mba

TamodoChidoka wrote:

ITS NOT WORKING FOR OS X ver 10.10... :| :| :| :| :| :| [/color][/color][/color][/color]
its working...
Rekoe
[Deleted]
AGRX
Tux
[REDACTED]
PizzaLovers007

moade wrote:

Wassaaaa wrote:

because there is no public version for Linux, based on gnome? :( Linux users have to do many steps to run osu! in linux
I'm running on linux (Ubuntu 14.04)
And It's Hell To mkae osu work again
OS X is not the same thing as linux, so we can't help you here. Go to t/14614 if you need help.
AGRX
BizzardGaming
Im on yosemite will it work?
Blackbetty6
R[/color][/color]nbow!
Inulie
I am using OS X 10.9 and I have the problem, when I am in multiplayer and I click on the map download my computer suddenly reboots with the massage that there was a problem and he had to reboot. It does not happen everytime, but I didn't find out yet when exactly it occurs... but it happend multiple times now. I really hope someone finds the problem and solves it.

PS: sry for bad english
PizzaLovers007

BizzardGaming wrote:

Im on yosemite will it work?
Mine works fine on Yosemite, but there have been reports saying that they can't get osu to run. You'll have to try it for yourself.

Inulie wrote:

I am using OS X 10.9 and I have the problem, when I am in multiplayer and I click on the map download my computer suddenly reboots with the massage that there was a problem and he had to reboot. It does not happen everytime, but I didn't find out yet when exactly it occurs... but it happend multiple times now. I really hope someone finds the problem and solves it.

Try not to click links whenever you're in the game. The cause of the crashes might be because safari isn't set as you're default browser, but I haven't tested that out.
NubiiNeth

Inulie wrote:

I had this issue a year ago. After this happening a few times, it totally fried my computer. I had to take it to a Guinness Bar to get it fixed. I highly suggest not clicking links while in game. It can really do some damage, the force restart 'somehow' ruined my logic board, and it could yours too. So be careful!
floorrip
So I haven't read through the entire thread, but I did search on google "site:https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/56460 delay". I don't know if any of these fixes are outdated.

I just bought a brand new iMac, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 running Yosemite. I have a huge delay issue which makes osu unplayable. The universal offset fixes the music, but then the hit sounds are off. I don't know anything about wine so if someone could please inform me on the best solution out there right now, that would be great.
Nato Morichika

floorrip wrote:

So I haven't read through the entire thread, but I did search on google "site:https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/56460 delay". I don't know if any of these fixes are outdated.

I just bought a brand new iMac, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 running Yosemite. I have a huge delay issue which makes osu unplayable. The universal offset fixes the music, but then the hit sounds are off. I don't know anything about wine so if someone could please inform me on the best solution out there right now, that would be great.
Seems like nothing will fix this currently. Wine is just a layer emulator with low performance. Changing render mode to OpenGL might help as there are relatively less things to 'emulate' compare with DirectX. However seems like no way to change the rendering options... Somewhat weird.
fluffyandcute
im having trouble with the dmg file and downloading osu i cant open it! its full of files that i dont know of!!
AGRX
Akatsuki Melor
laaaag and even i have try to adjust the offest it still doesn't work . just like mode hr and the hit sound sounds not fit in the game . not good at english hope you can understand me :?
percy24
help me pls :(
I can't play it :(
percy24
Nato Morichika

percy24 wrote:

https://plus.google.com/+kartikaGhatami/posts/i8CQrDSAYWC?pid=6200087419149075810&oid=110311632051636188750
Go System Preference>Security & Private, then click on the 'General' tab. You will see an option name 'Allow apps downloaded from:'. There should be a button called 'Run once' allow you to run osu!. Or you can click on the 'Anywhere' box so OSX allow you to run any applications.
GlashaRosa
I think we need a new version of osu! for the new OS X El Capitan or we will lose a lot of users :/
yuzuhamu_
can't open osu after finishing download of OS X El Capitan, bye osu;)
vsnrain

yuzuhamu_ wrote:

Well, technically you still can run it, now it's just more complicated. Tested on my wrapper.

1) Make sure Advanced -> Options -> "Force use of system XQuartz" is checked.
2) Open osu. It might look like it's just freezed icon in dock, but actually it is displaying invisible "Unable to set pixel format" error, dismiss it with Enter or Space. Osu should start.
3) Upon choosing a game mode and loading song list, you will get an error from .net framework with no text at all. Just close this window (you may need to do this a few times, your mouse cursor can still be invisible/grabbed by game).
4) After that you have probability of around 20% that song list will loads correctly and you will be able to play osu, otherwise osu will freeze. If it freezes, go to 2).
5) Try to avoid pressing any keyboard button on song list (searching) or exiting from results screen back to song list, as it triggers 3) so you increasing your chances to go to 2) exponentially.

How much more ridiculous can it get?
GlashaRosa
yuzuhamu_

vsnrain wrote:

yuzuhamu_ wrote:

Well, technically you still can run it, now it's just more complicated. Tested on my wrapper.

1) Make sure Advanced -> Options -> "Force use of system XQuartz" is checked.
2) Open osu. It might look like it's just freezed icon in dock, but actually it is displaying invisible "Unable to set pixel format" error, dismiss it with Enter or Space. Osu should start.
3) Upon choosing a game mode and loading song list, you will get an error from .net framework with no text at all. Just close this window (you may need to do this a few times, your mouse cursor can still be invisible/grabbed by game).
4) After that you have probability of around 20% that song list will loads correctly and you will be able to play osu, otherwise osu will freeze. If it freezes, go to 2).
5) Try to avoid pressing any keyboard button on song list (searching) or exiting from results screen back to song list, as it triggers 3) so you increasing your chances to go to 2) exponentially.

How much more ridiculous can it get?
thanks! I'll try it
show more