forum

osu! (OS X) beta release

posted
Total Posts
show more
m3j1k7n0
i have a problem that crashes my computer when i click on download a song from a multiplayer game, plz help ?!
monkaGreg
When I tried to update osu I get a notification saying that i have to update my .NET Framework but I can't do that.
http://puu.sh/jjKZ5/1909a753ea.png
AGRX
Message has been deleted.
yuzuhamu_

m3j1k7n0 wrote:

i have a problem that crashes my computer when i click on download a song from a multiplayer game, plz help ?!
same problem here...
Chizlingkz
Hi peppy. Is there a download of osu! OS X that the main menu looks like this?[img]http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/18/184163/2547532-osumainmenu.png[img]
AGRX
monkaGreg
Was anyone able to figure out the .NET Framework issue on update?
vsnrain

a happy doge wrote:

Was anyone able to figure out the .NET Framework issue on update?
Yes. Here are the instructions on how to build your own wrapper for osu! with .Net Framework 4.5.2

SPOILER
DISCLAIMER. I suppose you know what you are doing. On your own responsibility.

1. Prepare clean wrapper
Get Wineskin, make empty wrapper (atm 2.6.0) with latest engine (atm 1.7.47)
OPTIONAL make backup of the clean wrapper

2. Install winetricks
Open wrapper as a folder (right click > show package contents), run Wineskin.app
Advanced > Tools > Winetricks

Notice: during installation of winetricks read log carefully, and do what it says. It may ask to download some file and place it in cache folder then rerun winetrick.

select "dlls > msxml3", press "run"
wait until it's done.

select "dotnet45", press "run"
Now it's tricky part. If this winetrick installation fails mid-instalation, like for the reason described in notice above, your wrapper is now bad and you need to start again with the clean wrapper (after you downloaded/placed a file, if winetricks asked).

OPTIONAL
instal gdiplus winetrick. Without it some of the graphics will be missing (like buttons on settings menu), but it will add around 0.5 GB to your wrapper size.

5. Installing .NET Framework 4.5.2 update
Download this
http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/2/1/E21644B5-2DF2-47C2-91BD-63C560427900/NDP452-KB2901907-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe
Open wrapper as a folder (right click > show package contents), run Wineskin.app
Advanced > Tools > Config Utility, change version to "Windows 7"
Advanced > Install Software, select downloaded file, install it.

6. Installing osu!
Download osu!
Advanced > Install Software, select downloaded file, install it.

7.Other
Customize icon, map folders with symlinks, etc.

TL;DR Install winetricks MSXML3 first, then dotnet45 on clean wrapper. Then update to 4.5.2 normally. Or wait for someone to upload updated wrapper.

Edit: uploading now, ~600mb may take a while.
https://mega.nz/#!Y9MEjJQa!t_xjkZKyNBO_ ... cMLksrYJj4

New bugs:
- "Unable to set pixel format" error on launch
- can't switch tabs
monkaGreg
Where do i put my songs and skins?
nvm, found it
vsnrain

a happy doge wrote:

Where do i put my songs and skins?
nvm, found it
Like usual, osu.app/drive_c/Program Files/osu and then Skins or Songs. In fact, you can just remove contents of osu.app/drive_c/Program Files/osu and replace it with files from osu! folder in your previous wrapper. Settings, replays, songs, etc. will be copied to a new wrapper.
monkaGreg
Osu! won't open .osk, .osr, etc
AGRX
Tupples

Agrrox wrote:

a happy doge wrote:

Osu! won't open .osk, .osr, etc
Wineskin wrapper has not set associated extensions for osk osr, etc
vsnrain should add that to wrapper like its set in old osu wrapper.
these extensions are there:
osk
osr
osz
osz2

Anyways, osk and osz are basically just .zip files so just rename them and extract them to their directory.

Any way I can do this myself? I mean, make it so I can just drag the .osk to the osu window and make it open.
JOEDE12
Trying to go to editor causes screen to go black :(
vsnrain

Tupplez wrote:

Any way I can do this myself? I mean, make it so I can just drag the .osk to the osu window and make it open.
Do this yourself with Wineskin inside osu.app.

Or easy way, replace osu.app/Contents/Info.plist with this
https://mega.nz/#!R99CRYha!GizmQ5cJFXUu ... UgxtfjQ0jc
Then doubleclick any osu-supported file and if OS asks, point it to osu.app. After this doubleclick-open and drag and drop should work.

JOEDE12 wrote:

Trying to go to editor causes screen to go black
Editor works fine for me. Did you changed any graphical settings? What is your OS version?
AGRX
JOEDE12

vsnrain wrote:

Tupplez wrote:

Then doubleclick any osu-supported file and if OS asks, point it to osu.app. After this doubleclick-open and drag and drop should work.

JOEDE12 wrote:

Trying to go to editor causes screen to go black
Editor works fine for me. Did you changed any graphical settings? What is your OS version?
Never mind editor works for me now :D
Tupples

vsnrain wrote:

Tupplez wrote:

Doesn't seem to work, tried doing it through wineskin (I'm guessing it was in "Associated Extensions") and it didn't work, also tried your second method and I get an "error moving file" when I try to open it by clicking on it and selecting osu! as the app. Drag and drop also doesn't work.

Do you have any info on the tabs bug? What could be causing it?
amibunni
I installed the updated osu and it kept telling me that "osu!" can't be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed. How can i fix this?
Staythirsty

amibunni wrote:

I installed the updated osu and it kept telling me that "osu!" can't be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed. How can i fix this?
Hold control then click on the osu! app and click open in the menu that appears.
monkaGreg
http://puu.sh/jrJy2/ffbaf00534.png I've had this problem for a while, which fonts am I missing and how do I put it in my Osu! app?
AGRX
vsnrain
Updated wrapper. https://mega.nz/#!xo0TwRiK!xHxxtO26bEwC ... MZkARHO3_s
Summary:
- WS9Wine1.7.47 @ Wineskin2.6.0
- .NET Framework 4.5.2
- gdiplus is installed
- LANG set to zh_CN. This should fix Chinese fonts, but mess up English (text in some places, for example popups in editor, will be monospaced). If you want to revert it to how it was before open osu.app/Wineskin.app > Advanced and clear the line "Custom Commands"
- Symlink osu.app/osu to osu.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/Program Files/osu
- Associated extensions should work.
- Wrapper size ~1.68GB
_tasty

vsnrain wrote:

Updated wrapper. https://mega.nz/#!xo0TwRiK!xHxxtO26bEwC ... MZkARHO3_s
Summary:
- WS9Wine1.7.47 @ Wineskin2.6.0
- .NET Framework 4.5.2
- gdiplus is installed
- LANG set to zh_CN. This should fix Chinese fonts, but mess up English (text in some places, for example popups in editor, will be monospaced). If you want to revert it to how it was before open osu.app/Wineskin.app > Advanced and clear the line "Custom Commands"
- Symlink osu.app/osu to osu.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/Program Files/osu
- Associated extensions should work.
- Wrapper size ~1.68GB
says i can't open the application :<
AGRX
doggsrock
i know this is late, but i just got the game on my mac and i can't install any beatmaps to it. i download them from the ranked beatmaps, and they don't work. they won't show up even. it also will create a folder called "Failed" and put it in there. Any idea why this happens?

thanks
AzumaKiyomi
yea i dont get it o.o as i click i drag and drop but it seem that i done it alot so i ended up replacing it a few times what do i do after i drag and drop osu into applications? :arrow:
Vertify

Agrrox wrote:

hersa37 wrote:

Just like on windows, with the [F3] or [F4], though you need to press [fn] too since the F keys are made as secondaries
you can also swap function keys with F keys in System Preferences>Keyboard> Use all F1, F2, etc. as standard function keys...
Zzz, been using Fn my whole Osu life. Thank you Agrrox =)
AGRX
vsnrain

Agrrox wrote:

Was someone able to run cutting edge build on wine? I have seen something on Ubuntu thread.
I tried, but without any particular success. I tried playing with/modifying OpenTK libraries (that throws exception at launch), but the whole process of replacing libraries in osu is a bit time consuming and frustrating, given that osu checks it's MD5 on launch, and if crashes throws itself into update-cycle mode.
It will be much convenient for debugging if there was an option to disable hash checks on startup but I expect that's not going to happen.
CuberIce
Hi! Really looking forward to the version that compatible with OS X 10.10 ! Thanks! :)
g0su1mba
why you will not try to launch Osu in Steam Greenlight? Im ready to purchase a native mac version and I think many of people too.
AGRX
TamodoChidoka
ITS NOT WORKING FOR OS X ver 10.10... :| :| :| :| :| :| [/color][/color][/color][/color]
g0su1mba

TamodoChidoka wrote:

ITS NOT WORKING FOR OS X ver 10.10... :| :| :| :| :| :| [/color][/color][/color][/color]
its working...
Rekoe
[Deleted]
AGRX
Tux
[REDACTED]
PizzaLovers007

moade wrote:

Wassaaaa wrote:

because there is no public version for Linux, based on gnome? :( Linux users have to do many steps to run osu! in linux
I'm running on linux (Ubuntu 14.04)
And It's Hell To mkae osu work again
OS X is not the same thing as linux, so we can't help you here. Go to t/14614 if you need help.
AGRX
show more