forum

osu! (OS X) beta release

posted
Total Posts
show more
Tristan9_old_1
Seems that you guys might try installing xna by opening the wineskin app in osu, going to adavanced -> winetricks -> searching xna, checking it and doing "run winetrick"
SpectralLaw
i downloaded it but, its not opening. :(
GoombaJMR
Herro ...I hope you remember to check out my forum post or something haha ^^
maroumu
Hey, so is it a common issue that CJK fonts show up as squares in this beta? Is there a fix for it? I've tried that winetricks thing, but nothing happened.
Novixion
Hi,

Does Osu! support 2880x1800 resolution in any build windowed? I've tried changing the cfg file in and got for the game:
Also when i ran it in the above photo, i could only use ¼ of the active portion.

Here is the cfg file:

And here is the settings screen:

Full screen also causes has the same problem as the windowed version.

Please help! Thank you.

P.S. Sorry if the photos are ridiculously large, i tried reducing resolution but it still is really large.
Kurogamii

Novixion wrote:

Hi,

Does Osu! support 2880x1800 resolution in any build windowed? I've tried changing the cfg file in and got for the game: Also when i ran it in the above photo, i could only use ¼ of the active portion.

Here is the cfg file:

Please help! Thank you.

P.S. Sorry if the photos are ridiculously large, i tried reducing resolution but it still is really large.
please place image in the spoilerbox first
is your mac is Macbook Pro Retina Display 15 inch?
for high resolution monitor i suggest to use windowed mode 1366x768

SpectralLaw wrote:

i downloaded it but, its not opening. :(
you just need to wait some minutes, if won't work try to restart your mac
Novixion

Kurogamii wrote:

Novixion wrote:

Hi,

Does Osu! support 2880x1800 resolution in any build windowed? I've tried changing the cfg file in and got for the game: Also when i ran it in the above photo, i could only use ¼ of the active portion.

Here is the cfg file:

Please help! Thank you.

please place image in the spoilerbox first
is your mac is Macbook Pro Retina Display 15 inch?
for high resolution monitor i suggest to use windowed mode 1366x768
Yes. So I cannot use 2880x1800?
Vaku
When I "Test Run" using the wineskin app from osu i keep getting this

err:process:init_windows_dirs directory L"C:\\windows" could not be created, error 2
err:process:init_windows_dirs directory L"C:\\windows\\system32" could not be created, error 3
err:process:init_windows_dirs directory L"C:\\windows" could not be created, error 2
err:process:init_windows_dirs directory L"C:\\windows\\system32" could not be created, error 3
err:wineboot:main Cannot set the dir to L"C:\\windows" (2)
err:wineboot:ProcessRunKeys Error running cmd L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe -a -r" (2)
fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32" failed to start: 2
fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"MountMgr" failed to start: 2
fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"PlugPlay" failed to start: 2
wine: Install Mono for Windows to run .NET applications.

Engine Used: WS9Wine1.7.2
Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B27
SMC Version (system): 1.68f99
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Graphics/Displays:

Intel HD Graphics 3000:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 3000
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 384 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0126
Revision ID: 0x0009
Displays:
Color LCD:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Acer X203W:
Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 59 Hz
Display Serial Number: LAN040014201
Rotation: Supported
Adapter Type: Apple Mini DisplayPort To VGA Adapter
Adapter Firmware Version: 1.03

When i attempt to open Osu the icon just bounces on the dock once, the light comes up, and then Osu closes right away. What do i do???? :'(
AGRX
Message has been deleted.
Vaku

Agrrox wrote:

qer wrote:

err:wineboot:ProcessRunKeys Error running cmd L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe -a -r" (2)
fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32" failed to start: 2
fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"MountMgr" failed to start: 2
fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"PlugPlay" failed to start: 2

Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Sudden Motion Sensor:

Graphics/Displays:

Intel HD Graphics 3000:

Displays:
Color LCD:
Acer X203W:

When i attempt to open Osu the icon just bounces on the dock once, the light comes up, and then Osu closes right away. What do i do???? :'(
When my osu dont work properly i do this fix, but this fix ussualy works, but i think it break certain wrapper settings.

1. Right click Osu!.app and click on "show package contents".
2. Open Wineskin.app.
3. Click "Advanced" then click "Tools".
4. Click "Update wrapper" and do this twice.
5. Run osu.
If osu wont start you can also try "Refresh wrapper.

8. optional download latest wineskin here http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-i ... =Downloads
9. open Wineskin.app and download latest engine, latest is WS9Wine1.7.7
10.Right click your Osu!.app and click on "show package contents".
11. Open Wineskin.app.
12. Click "Advanced" then click "Tools" then "Change engine Used" and set it to latest
13. repeat solution above this one

Also u can alternatively reinstall osu
Make sure you COPY/BACKUP you data first before you do these steps (Songs,Skins,collection.db etc.)
Delete files and folders in osu!.app/Contents/Resources/Program Files/osu! exept osume.exe
Then go to Wineskin.app click Configuration> in path bar (windows EXE) click "browse" and select osume.exe
Then run osu!.app and osu will reinstall from osume.exe.
I did what you suggested to do but that worked momentarily. Osu only opened up once, asked me to update and once i updated, Osu would no longer open up. Do you know of any other thing that i can do to fix it? :( :(
AGRX
Vaku

Agrrox wrote:

you can try to install http://xquartz.macosforge.org/landing/

NOTE: this may broke certain wrapper setings

1. rightclick osu.app and open wineskin.app
2 . then in advanced>options> "Force use of system installed xquartz instead of using built in WineskinX11" tick this option

it should look like this
Just tried, still not working. :cry: :cry:
Nines
I don't know if you ('you' referring to CloseKnight) remember when I stated that the offset seemed off in this new mac build, but now I am ABSOLUTELY positive.

I don't wanna do a duplicate of my thread in the Bug Reports sub forum, so here it is :) t/169843/
AGRX
Tristan9_old_1
2880x1800 totally works.
Use any random software on the internet to set resolution of OS X to 2880x1800 (like SetResX per example).
Launch osu, set reso to 2880x1800.
Quit osu.
Make you mac go back to 1440x900 (with the system settings this time, quite and possbily delete setresx)
Relaunch osu
It should still be beautifully retina-like.

Or at least it worked here.

For osu on OS X, give up on no-bugs for now. Somewhen they'll come up with a native client. until then we have to deal with wine
Novixion

Tristan971 wrote:

2880x1800 totally works.
Use any random software on the internet to set resolution of OS X to 2880x1800 (like SetResX per example).
Launch osu, set reso to 2880x1800.
Quit osu.
Make you mac go back to 1440x900 (with the system settings this time, quite and possbily delete setresx)
Relaunch osu
It should still be beautifully retina-like.

Or at least it worked here.

For osu on OS X, give up on no-bugs for now. Somewhen they'll come up with a native client. until then we have to deal with wine
Yes that works, but I want to have it that way without changing the rest of my desktop, only the app. I guess i'll have to wait then.
Ichance23

qer wrote:

Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Sudden Motion Sensor:

Graphics/Displays:

Intel HD Graphics 3000:

Displays:
Color LCD:
Acer X203W:

this is happening to me too. Osu! will no longer open. It simply lights up on the doc and then closes automatically. I tried deleting and reinstalling or updating the wrapper and refreshing wrapper or changing the check off of xquartz instead of osu but none of these things have worked. It will not open at all.
Novixion

Ichance23 wrote:

qer wrote:

Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Sudden Motion Sensor:

Graphics/Displays:

Intel HD Graphics 3000:

Displays:
Color LCD:
Acer X203W:

this is happening to me too. Osu! will no longer open. It simply lights up on the doc and then closes automatically. I tried deleting and reinstalling or updating the wrapper and refreshing wrapper or changing the check off of xquartz instead of osu but none of these things have worked. It will not open at all.
I had the same problem a week ago. I used my backup from time machine and loaded the older version that worked the day before. Solved the problem.
Nines
A few days ago, I spent two days, testing out every Wine engine for osu! using Wineskin Winery and the Wineskin app inside the osu package. I noticed that WS8 engines DO NOT work with osu, but the newer WS9 engines do. As I experimented, there were 3 different kinds of results that I came across.

Result 1)
-The engine caused osu! to use a really small, fine looking font.
-Osu would NOT run smoothly. Every 5-10 seconds in game, the frame rate would drop to 15-20fps (lasting for around 3 seconds)
-Osu would NOT run fullscreen automatically, but would stay borderless as the setting is in Options. (status bar still visible)
-Small cursor lag

Result 2)
-Engine causes osu to use Arial
-Runs smoothly, no frame rate lag
-Osu runs fullscreen even if its only set to borderless.
-No cursor lag
-Keyboard shortcuts/hotkeys (excluding function keys and esc) DO NOT work.
-Offset is TERRIBLY off.

Result 3)
-Osu does not open. Wine gives you a windows error saying that an unexpected problem has occured.

I went back to the old package of osu and noticed that it didn't use any such engine, but instead a custom built engine called InfinityRaw. How can I use a custom engine (such as InfinityRaw) that won't do things like crash (forcing me Cmd+Q), but won't make me compromise hotkeys, a perfect offset, etc.?
Love Kushieda
I opened my Osu this morning and it said at the bottom to update the client (by clicking the rotating arrows) and so I did. Immediately after updating the wineskin/Osu crashed and I have been unable to open it since. When I attempt to open the client I get 3 error reports, 2 from wineskin and 1 from Osu stating that a serious error has occurred preventing the application from opening. I have tried all the various things like updating my wineskin engine to the newest, updating the wrapper for my Osu client, etc. but none of these have helped. Has anyone else had this problem or have a solution to it? Thanks.
Aposke
I've been having the same problems under wine on Linux (Ubuntu 12.04). My best guess is that is has something to do with the added graphics effect of snow falling. Reinstalling wine and osu! did nothing.
Vertify
Aye - I can no longer open the osu! either.

"The program winemenubuilder.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close.."
Topic Starter
peppy
Hmm, mine works fine.
Novixion

Vertify wrote:

Aye - I can no longer open the osu! either.

"The program winemenubuilder.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close.."
Mine shows the same message but it just opens normally about 30 seconds later.
popcap990
i got some bad news, having problem with my 10.6 version mac :(

and with some codes :P
Unhandled exception: 0xe0434f4d in 32-bit code (0x7b82d7f2).
Register dump:
CS:0017 SS:001f DS:001f ES:001f FS:1007 GS:0037
EIP:7b82d7f2 ESP:0033e384 EBP:0033e3f8 EFLAGS:00000246( - -- I Z- -P- )
EAX:7b81935d EBX:7b82d77e ECX:00000000 EDX:00000000
ESI:00000001 EDI:e0434f4d
Stack dump:
0x0033e384: 0033e434 00000004 0000003c e0434f4d
0x0033e394: 00000001 00000000 7b82d7f2 00000001
0x0033e3a4: 80131534 790c2000 00000036 00000006
0x0033e3b4: 790fabcc 79e7be3f e0434f4d 0033e434
0x0033e3c4: 790c2000 02000036 0033e3e0 79e814da
0x0033e3d4: 0033e3ec 02000036 00000001 0033e45c
0200: sel=1007 base=7ffc0000 limit=00000fff 32-bit rw-
Backtrace:
=>0 0x7b82d7f2 RaiseException+0x92() in kernel32 (0x0033e3f8)
1 0x79f97065 in mscorwks (+0x127064) (0x0033e45c)
2 0x7a05b942 in mscorwks (+0x1eb941) (0x0033e498)
3 0x7a05b9eb in mscorwks (+0x1eb9ea) (0x0033e4c4)
4 0x7a05b9f6 in mscorwks (+0x1eb9f5) (0x0033e5b8)
0x7b82d7f2 RaiseException+0x92 in kernel32: subl $4,%esp
Modules:
Module Address Debug info Name (161 modules)
ELF 0-82001000 Stabs <wine-loader>
PE 400000- 6de000 Deferred osu!
PE 40001000-40143000 Deferred libwine.1.dylib
ELF 406a0000-40712000 Deferred advapi32<elf>
\-PE 406b0000-406fa000 \ advapi32
ELF 40712000-40791000 Deferred shlwapi<elf>
\-PE 40720000-4076c000 \ shlwapi
ELF 40791000-407ac000 Deferred version<elf>
\-PE 407a0000-407aa000 \ version
PE 407c1000-407ca000 Deferred libsm.6.dylib
PE 407ca000-407e2000 Deferred libice.6.dylib
PE 407e2000-407f2000 Deferred libxext.6.dylib
PE 407f2000-407f6000 Deferred libxau.6.dylib
PE 407f6000-407fb000 Deferred libxdmcp.6.dylib
PE 407fb000-407fe000 Deferred libxinerama.1.dylib
PE 42e5b000-42ee1000 Deferred libfreetype.6.dylib
PE 42ee1000-42efd000 Deferred libxcb.1.dylib
ELF 43800000-43947000 Deferred user32<elf>
\-PE 43810000-43900000 \ user32
ELF 43947000-43a15000 Deferred gdi32<elf>
\-PE 43950000-439eb000 \ gdi32
ELF 43a15000-43ac3000 Deferred winex11<elf>
\-PE 43a20000-43a9e000 \ winex11
PE 43ac3000-43be2000 Deferred libx11.6.dylib
ELF 43be2000-43c07000 Deferred imm32<elf>
\-PE 43bf0000-43c02000 \ imm32
PE 43c07000-43c0d000 Deferred libxxf86vm.1.dylib
PE 43c0d000-43c16000 Deferred libxrender.1.dylib
PE 43c16000-43c1e000 Deferred libxrandr.2.dylib
PE 43c1e000-43c2c000 Deferred libxi.6.dylib
PE 43c2c000-43c35000 Deferred libxcursor.1.dylib
PE 43c35000-43c3a000 Deferred libxfixes.3.dylib
ELF 43c3a000-43cd5000 Deferred msvcrt<elf>
\-PE 43c40000-43cb3000 \ msvcrt
ELF 43cd5000-43ce9000 Deferred softpub<elf>
\-PE 43ce0000-43ce8000 \ softpub
ELF 43e00000-43e39000 Deferred wintrust<elf>
\-PE 43e10000-43e30000 \ wintrust
ELF 43e39000-43ed0000 Deferred crypt32<elf>
\-PE 43e40000-43eb8000 \ crypt32
ELF 43ed0000-43fd7000 Deferred comctl32<elf>
\-PE 43ee0000-43fb1000 \ comctl32
ELF 43fd7000-44012000 Deferred uxtheme<elf>
\-PE 43fe0000-4400b000 \ uxtheme
ELF 44012000-4402c000 Deferred imagehlp<elf>
\-PE 44020000-44029000 \ imagehlp
ELF 4402c000-4406d000 Deferred rsaenh<elf>
\-PE 44030000-44068000 \ rsaenh
ELF 44149000-4428a000 Deferred ole32<elf>
\-PE 44150000-44247000 \ ole32
ELF 4428a000-44319000 Deferred rpcrt4<elf>
\-PE 44290000-442f6000 \ rpcrt4
ELF 4445a000-44653000 Deferred shell32<elf>
\-PE 44460000-4461a000 \ shell32
PE 5e380000-5e409000 Deferred diasymreader
PE 64020000-64033000 Deferred mscorsec
PE 78130000-781cb000 Deferred msvcr80
PE 79000000-79045000 Deferred mscoree
PE 79060000-790b3000 Deferred mscorjit
PE 790c0000-79ba6000 Deferred mscorlib.ni
PE 79e70000-7a3d1000 Deferred mscorwks
PE 7a440000-7abfe000 Deferred system.ni
ELF 7b800000-7ba42000 Stabs kernel32<elf>
\-PE 7b810000-7ba09000 \ kernel32
ELF 7bc00000-7bcd2000 Deferred ntdll<elf>
\-PE 7bc10000-7bc99000 \ ntdll
PE 9025b000-90816000 Deferred liblapack.dylib
PE 90691000-906bb000 Deferred libresolv.9.dylib
PE 90fca000-90fd3000 Deferred libgif.dylib
PE 90fcf000-90ff8000 Deferred cfopendirectory
PE 90fcf000-90ff8000 Deferred cfopendirectory
PE 9102d000-910a5000 Deferred libvmisc.dylib
PE 9102d000-910a5000 Deferred libvmisc.dylib
PE 910a8000-911d3000 Deferred libglprogrammability.dylib
PE 910a8000-911d3000 Deferred libglprogrammability.dylib
PE 911b5000-9121d000 Deferred familycontrols
PE 9166a000-91f21000 Deferred coregraphics
PE 91e65000-91fad000 Deferred libfontparser.dylib
PE 91e65000-91fad000 Deferred libfontparser.dylib
PE 92dda000-92eff000 Deferred desktopservicespriv
PE 92eb5000-92ecb000 Deferred opengl
PE 92eb5000-92ecb000 Deferred opengl
PE 92fe2000-93325000 Deferred security
PE 9339e000-934c8000 Deferred osservices
PE 936a6000-93700000 Deferred systemconfiguration
PE 93a35000-93a57000 Deferred speechsynthesis
PE 940c8000-941a4000 Deferred launchservices
PE 940c8000-941a4000 Deferred launchservices
PE 941e5000-942d8000 Deferred colorsync
PE 942eb000-94317000 Deferred openscripting
PE 943e8000-943f8000 Deferred libkxld.dylib
PE 94563000-94575000 Deferred libbz2.1.0.dylib
PE 9459e000-94660000 Deferred ats
PE 9459e000-94660000 Deferred ats
PE 947ac000-947f3000 Deferred libcups.2.dylib
PE 947ac000-947f3000 Deferred libcups.2.dylib
PE 958f5000-95903000 Deferred commonpanels
PE 958fc000-95904000 Deferred help
PE 9594d000-95964000 Deferred libsasl2.2.dylib
PE 959da000-95c03000 Deferred libsystem.b.dylib
PE 95cfe000-96156000 Deferred libblas.dylib
PE 96115000-96134000 Deferred multitouchsupport
PE 96128000-96152000 Deferred opencl
PE 96128000-96152000 Deferred opencl
PE 962cd000-96306000 Deferred libglimage.dylib
PE 962ff000-9632b000 Deferred directoryservice
PE 963f4000-963fa000 Deferred libmathcommon.a.dylib
PE 963f8000-964bf000 Deferred libsqlite3.dylib
PE 964c2000-96618000 Deferred libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
PE 964c2000-96618000 Deferred libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
PE 965cd000-96692000 Deferred printcore
PE 966a7000-966af000 Deferred coreservices
PE 966a8000-966db000 Deferred libxslt.1.dylib
PE 96708000-9670b000 Deferred carbon
PE 96709000-9692b000 Deferred imageio
PE 9692f000-96a1d000 Deferred vimage
PE 9692f000-96a1d000 Deferred vimage
PE 96bc8000-96c74000 Deferred coreaudio
PE 96caa000-96d5e000 Deferred searchkit
PE 975c8000-97646000 Deferred hiservices
PE 975c8000-97646000 Deferred hiservices
PE 9767c000-976c7000 Deferred libvdsp.dylib
PE 977b7000-97c1b000 Deferred hitoolbox
PE 97cee000-97d15000 Deferred libpng.dylib
PE 9821d000-9832e000 Deferred cfnetwork
PE 9821d000-9832e000 Deferred cfnetwork
PE 9832d000-986ac000 Deferred foundation
PE 9862a000-98637000 Deferred opendirectory
PE 98678000-986d4000 Deferred libtiff.dylib
PE 98977000-98d0d000 Deferred carboncore
PE 98cd1000-98cda000 Deferred libgfxshared.dylib
PE 98cd1000-98cda000 Deferred libgfxshared.dylib
PE 98d1b000-98d35000 Deferred libgl.dylib
PE 98d27000-98d90000 Deferred passwordserver
PE 98dc2000-98dc8000 Deferred libradiance.dylib
PE 98dde000-98de6000 Deferred libcorevmclient.dylib
PE 98dde000-98de6000 Deferred libcorevmclient.dylib
PE 98ee3000-98ee6000 Deferred veclib
PE 98ee4000-98f9d000 Deferred securityfoundation
PE 99437000-994f8000 Deferred libobjc.a.dylib
PE 995c3000-995c6000 Deferred accelerate
PE 995c4000-99771000 Deferred audiotoolbox
PE 995c4000-99771000 Deferred audiotoolbox
PE 99705000-997da000 Deferred qd
PE 99705000-997da000 Deferred qd
PE 997d0000-997e3000 Deferred diskarbitration
PE 998a3000-9993c000 Deferred coretext
PE 99905000-99911000 Deferred iosurface
PE 99951000-9995e000 Deferred commercecore
PE 99951000-9995e000 Deferred commercecore
PE 99aa6000-99aac000 Deferred audiounit
PE 99aa6000-99aac000 Deferred audiounit
PE 99b3d000-99b53000 Deferred netfs
PE 99b4b000-99b9c000 Deferred libglu.dylib
PE 99b4b000-99b9c000 Deferred libglu.dylib
PE 99cb3000-99d1f000 Deferred navigationservices
PE 9a143000-9a21b000 Deferred ink
PE 9a143000-9a21b000 Deferred ink
PE 9a257000-9a2a2000 Deferred ae
PE 9a6f5000-9ab30000 Deferred quartzcore
PE 9a6f5000-9ab30000 Deferred quartzcore
Threads:
process tid prio (all id:s are in hex)
0000000e services.exe
00000043 0
0000001e 0
00000015 0
00000010 0
0000000f 0
00000012 winedevice.exe
0000001c 0
00000019 0
00000014 0
00000013 0
0000001a plugplay.exe
00000020 0
0000001d 0
0000001b 0
00000021 explorer.exe
00000022 0
00000018 (D) C:\Program Files\osu!\osu!.exe
0000002d 0
0000000d 0
0000001f 2
0000003c 0
00000032 0 <==
System information:
Wine build: wine-1.4
Platform: i386
Host system: Darwin
Host version: 10.8.0

Hamster Only
Alright so I got the message "The program winemenubuilder.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close" right after attempting to open osu and it crashed after the patch. This is what I did to fix it.

I downloaded the osu installer from the website and let it install another new osu client in a different file than the one containing my original osu client. I updated the new one. Then I copy and paste my song, skins, and configuration file over to the new client (replacing the new ones). I deleted the old client. The new one works. The same message "The program winemenubuilder.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close" still shows up but the client launch afterwards after closing the message and everything seems to be working fine.

So this method works but you will still get that same message every time you launch osu. A bit annoying but better than nothing.
Vertify
^ I did what hamster did. I can clarify it works and indeed that same message just pops up. But nonetheless, it works fine. Actually better than my previous version - it doesn't crash on me anymore.
mockingod
By downloading the installer, do you mean downloading the Mac OSX 'installer' and just opening up the .app file? Whenever I try to just open the .app file, it just closes immediately after. When I tried my normal fix for this which is to go into the package contents and open wineskin.exe then click on "test run", it closes immediately after as well.

Unless you are talking about installing the installer.exe for windows then running that through wineskin, in which case I do not know how to do either.
Hamster Only
Yeah it's the one from the Download page. Then install the new osu client (.app) in a different file than the one containing your original osu client. Update it. Move files over to the new one from the old one and it should work.

Edit: Don't open the .app directly from the installer. Move it to a different file than the one containing your original osu client then open it to update it.

Edit2: Also when I say move the files over, I meant copy it then paste to the new client. If you try to move it over, you are making a shortcut and that won't work. Copy paste them.
Vertify
Download the OS X beta installer - http://m2.ppy.sh/osu!.20130922.dmg

Open the .dmg file and run the Osu app.
To insert the previous songs you already had (as well as skins), Show Package Contents on your old Osu and just replace the 'Song' and 'Skin' folder of the osu you just downloaded.

EDIT: Ninja'd by hamster
mockingod
I move the .app file out of the disk image file and it doesn't open either way.

It pops up on the dock for one second after opening it, then it just disappears. I had that bug with my old .app occasionally, but my fix that I mentioned always worked for me. Now it isn't helping at all.
Hamster Only
Do you even get the same message that I did?
mockingod
No. Nothing appears at all. Just bounces once in the dock then closes.

Before I updated my last one, it opened fine. After I updated it, by clicking the button in game, it gave me an error that was shown in a picture about 8 posts ago. Nothing appears when I redownloaded the new installer though
Vaku

HamsterCurry wrote:

Yeah it's the one from the Download page. Then install the new osu client (.app) in a different file than the one containing your original osu client. Update it. Move files over to the new one from the old one and it should work.

Edit: Don't open the .app directly from the installer. Move it to a different file than the one containing your original osu client then open it to update it.

Edit2: Also when I say move the files over, I meant copy it then paste to the new client. If you try to move it over, you are making a shortcut and that won't work. Copy paste them.
I got the same message as you and i tried downloading a new client and putting it in a different file but it still does not work. Also what do you mean by (.app)?
mockingod
Last patch worked 100% fine. I can't play Osu now because the last backup of Osu.app I have on my flash drive is far too outdated and automatically updates when I try to run it. ;A

I might try update my Mac to mavericks if both hamstercurry and vertify are running mavericks. Right now I'm on 10.8.6 or so.
Ichance23

mockingod wrote:

No. Nothing appears at all. Just bounces once in the dock then closes.

Before I updated my last one, it opened fine. After I updated it, by clicking the button in game, it gave me an error that was shown in a picture about 8 posts ago. Nothing appears when I redownloaded the new installer though
this is exactly what is happening to me
DucksLiterally
I am having a lot of problems with the mac version of OSU! For instance, when I click the OSU! logo thing to open it it takes like 5 minutes to load and it isn't my first time opening it. Does anyone have the same problem or have a solution?
(I am currently running Mavericks on my Mac. My mac is a Macbook Air 11 inch.)

Thank you :D
Ichance23
i just reinstalled the osu! from scratch and then refreshed the wrapper and then updated it. it is now working at least for now! i started this game to get better at aiming in fps games but i have quit fps but i still love osu! lol.
Termiinal
Whenever I attempt to make Osu! fullscreen it immediately goes black and crashes.
mockingod
I've tried pretty much everything I could.

I installed Mavericks and it still doesn't open. I refresh the wrapper and it still doesn't open; it just bounces in the dock then closes.

These are the errors I get from the test log. If anyone can help me debug it, I would be extremely grateful.
fixme:thread:SetThreadStackGuarantee (0x32fcd0): stub
err:ole:CoGetContextToken apartment not initialised
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Microsoft.Xna.Framework"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Drawing"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"msvcm80"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Windows.Forms"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Configuration"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Xml"
fixme:process:FlushProcessWriteBuffers : stub
show more