forum

osu! (OS X) beta release

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kurogamii

SuperMoutarde wrote:

Hi! After a very long time not being able to play osu! because my PC broke, I eventually managed to run it on my macbook! Problem is I can't find the songs folder as it's not where it should be so i can't add songs :( anyone has an idea? thx for help

edit: nvm found the songs folder

edit2: any secret magic technic to sync the sound effects? :( sucks to play without hitsounds
please see the first page

for hitsound try use some skins at here: 15
alvarogomides
The new OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) is not running :/
Jessica_old_1

crashlaker

Jessica wrote:

Is anyone having this issue? It only occurs for me in windowed mode once the circles appear. I also can't skip intro scenes with the space bar or select mods with Q/W/E/etc.
I'm having the same problem :(
m_warsh
Is the anything going on with an update coming out?
AGRX
Message has been deleted.
AGRX

i dont understand why these things happens and after minute osu just crashed ...
manjumochi

crashlaker wrote:

Jessica wrote:

Is anyone having this issue? It only occurs for me in windowed mode once the circles appear. I also can't skip intro scenes with the space bar or select mods with Q/W/E/etc.
I'm having the same problem :(
I had this problem before download the last version (20131322), which has some optimizations to run smoother. I recommend to backup the songs/skins/"important things" folder and score database.
Prysen_old
When i move my cursor to the side of osu! it always ends up on the other side, and this is very annoying when i play. ._. :cry:
and my mouse speed is not the speed i speed i normally use, even though inside osu! the mouse sensitivity is 1.0x and i still couldn't match my mouse speed when i was playing on my PC even after i changed the sensitivity to 3.0x the speed just feels so different, especially when you move around a lot in a boatman this is what happens, you move the mouse slowly, it goes the speed it has been set to (which is still pretty bad), then you start moving a little bit faster what happens to the mouse is that when you start to move it faster, it goes slow for the first few seconds or milliseconds then it goes extremely fast.
That the problem i have with my osu! in my macbook air.
AGRX
AkseS
Yallo ^^ I'm back after a lot of University stuff that needed to be dealt with. I'll be working on getting a fully compatible Mavericks build out ASAP as I have also upgraded to Mavericks so I can now test it. That said I'm no longer able to test anything below OS X 10.9 so I can't ensure how any further versions will work on older systems, though hopefully this new version will fix any old issues.

Also before you come with Mavericks issues be sure that your security settings are set to run Apps from any source and not just the App store.
Nines
I remember previously stating that the gameplay visuals are ahead of the audio (music). I take back "taking back" this statement. This is present. I've compared the differences between the old osu! to this new one and I have to compensate a lot for the time difference. The audio plays along just fine, but the visuals are what's "ahead." Perhaps this is Wine's fault?
m_warsh

CloseKnight wrote:

Yallo ^^ I'm back after a lot of University stuff that needed to be dealt with. I'll be working on getting a fully compatible Mavericks build out ASAP as I have also upgraded to Mavericks so I can now test it. That said I'm no longer able to test anything below OS X 10.9 so I can't ensure how any further versions will work on older systems, though hopefully this new version will fix any old issues.

Also before you come with Mavericks issues be sure that your security settings are set to run Apps from any source and not just the App store.
Fantastic to hear! Need any assistance?
smilingmonstar
when i tried to download osu and start the program it keep saying "osu!" can't be opened because it is from a unidentified developer." Help please!!
AGRX
ixquic
When I try to play Osu in full screen, the mouse start to fail. Anybody know how to fix that? :|
Kurogamii

Dango33 wrote:

When I try to play Osu in full screen, the mouse start to fail. Anybody know how to fix that? :|
did you try play it on windowed mode?
alvarogomides
I can't play with 2 monitors :/
Only with my MacBook Pro screen, when I turn the second monitor on, the osu! disappear and only runs in background, it appears again when I turn of.
Katze
Hello, I have a really annoying problem, which is starting to piss me off.
When I want to play osu!, (which is not often because the mac version is so annoying) it crashes after I
play a few songs. But first of all, I have a strange font, its not Arial its one I downloaded and that looks pretty crappy.
I can't even read something because its a fat font, and its also tiny.. Then, after it crashed, I try to open it again
and it says that osu! is still running, and asks me if I want to force-quit it, when I press yes it says that I can't force-quit
it and I shall try it through the taskmanager. Well, there is no osu! to quit in the taskmanager so my question is, what the hell
should I do? It worked really good months ago, but then I didn't play for a long time and now all I have are these
problems. I hope I get some help because last time I posted something, I didn't even get one tiny reply.
ixquic

Kurogamii wrote:

Dango33 wrote:

That fix the problem, but is there any way to play in full screen?
Vertify

Katze wrote:

Hello, I have a really annoying problem, which is starting to piss me off.
When I want to play osu!, (which is not often because the mac version is so annoying) it crashes after I
play a few songs. But first of all, I have a strange font, its not Arial its one I downloaded and that looks pretty crappy.
I can't even read something because its a fat font, and its also tiny.. Then, after it crashed, I try to open it again
and it says that osu! is still running, and asks me if I want to force-quit it, when I press yes it says that I can't force-quit
it and I shall try it through the taskmanager. Well, there is no osu! to quit in the taskmanager so my question is, what the hell
should I do? It worked really good months ago, but then I didn't play for a long time and now all I have are these
problems. I hope I get some help because last time I posted something, I didn't even get one tiny reply.

The crashing every so often I always get as well - you just get used to it. You just CMD+ALT+Esc and forcequit. If however, it's still running - then try Activity Monitor and find any 'wine' applications and force quit them as well.
borrougagnou
I'm create a big project for use a virtual software and create and use a minimal windows for Mac OSX
not use WINE
Wine is not very cool software is bug and not stable….

Comming soon a create a Giant topic for different test OSU for different virtual software

Sorry if understand
I'm french and my english is very bad :c
Kurogamii

Dango33 wrote:

Kurogamii wrote:

That fix the problem, but is there any way to play in full screen?
i think some mac can play in full screen, but the dock must in hide mode
LemoJ
I Can't Go In Edit Mode! Help!
Vertify
@Nick616
What happens when you click "Edit" from the osu page?

Or did you try to edit a map within the song selection screen?
LemoJ
It's All Blue, I Can't see Anything
Only my cursor
and the screen can't load
AGRX
Kei Yosuke
I downloade the osu os x beta and i'm quite happy with it -- but i have one problem , i kept getting really bad lags when i play the maps online . Any ideas on how to stop the lag ? I went to option and clicked the OpenGL and when it restarts, it's still DirectX . Help ? :? :?
Vertify

Kei Yosuke wrote:

I downloade the osu os x beta and i'm quite happy with it -- but i have one problem , i kept getting really bad lags when i play the maps online . Any ideas on how to stop the lag ? I went to option and clicked the OpenGL and when it restarts, it's still DirectX . Help ? :? :?
Try exiting Osu through the actual page. Never click the (x) or force quit it. Doing it through the page will also save all recently played maps (with replays).
AGRX
m_warsh
I wasn't having issues with Osu until I got my Razer Taipan mouse. I have a feeling that there might be a driver issue causing Osu to never load. Has anyone else had problems with Razer products?
AGRX
KhaosShadow101
I don't know if someone already mentioned this but, i havnet played osu in a really long time, and i later updated my mac.
I heard a new version of osu was released and decided to download it
But the problem is, when i try to log in, i get automatically disconnected and it tells me my osu is to old to play online and that i should update my osu
I click on update now, and the same problem comes back
I was wondering if anyone else had this problem D:
132ads
I just downloaded OSU and um this happened
and if I redownload...
AkseS

132ads wrote:

I just downloaded OSU and um this happened and if I redownload...
Hmm try running it by going to Package Contents and then running Wineskin.app. Go to the advanced options and Test Run. That should either A) make it work or B) Generate logs that'll help me solve your problem
Resona

CloseKnight wrote:

132ads wrote:

I just downloaded OSU and um this happened and if I redownload...
Hmm try running it by going to Package Contents and then running Wineskin.app. Go to the advanced options and Test Run. That should either A) make it work or B) Generate logs that'll help me solve your problem
I'm Having the same problem as well, here are my logs.

LOGS
fixme:thread:SetThreadStackGuarantee (0x32fcd0): stub
err:ole:CoGetContextToken apartment not initialised
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Microsoft.Xna.Framework"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Drawing"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"msvcm80"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Windows.Forms"
fixme:process:FlushProcessWriteBuffers : stub

I would really appreciate it it you could get my osu! to work too :) .
DeathGun
help why cant i run osu. the icon for starting up appears but it never opens
AkseS
I've got a new version in the works that I'll try to send to Peppy by the end of the week.
Delosias

CloseKnight wrote:

I've got a new version in the works that I'll try to send to Peppy by the end of the week.
Looking forward to it :) Thanks for the work
Tristan9_old_1
Seems that you guys might try installing xna by opening the wineskin app in osu, going to adavanced -> winetricks -> searching xna, checking it and doing "run winetrick"
show more