forum

osu! (OS X) beta release

posted
Total Posts
show more
PoMEd
after the last update i can't connect with my account, it gives me the "can't connect to bancho server ecc.." also the profile buttons for the login seems to be unclickable..
DUCKKFACE
when will skins on osu! be fixed?
SuperMoutarde

AzerFrost wrote:

quick update on my post right above:

I found out that with a -196 universal offset and sound effects turned off works for me. If I play with the sound effects on they are delayed and completely confuse gameplay.
Still experiencing slight mouse input lag though.
Yep, this did work here too, thanks. Any solution to be able to play with hitsounds??
Ayatho

DUCKKFACE wrote:

when will skins on osu! be fixed?
I would know too. It's unplayable the way it is now.
MillhioreF
The skin preview is still somewhat buggy in the Windows version, too - I wouldn't get my hopes up for an OS X fix soon.
popcap990
When the OS X OSU! updates , it stuck
Czl024
I saw no problems except the Timing Setup Panel won't open and I don't know how to submit beatmaps.

Everything is fine (except Adding Timing Sections and the TSP won't work but I'll be fine without it)
kurobakpau
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: FINALLY~ OSU for mac :3 thank you peppy.. i've been waiting for this~
kurobakpau
:( What happened with osu!? i've added the beatmaps just like the construction.. but every time i Refresh (f5) it wont added :'
chibi-lucky
When I attempt to enable full-screen mode in Osu OSX it reverts to desktop and force quits? Help?
LunarDemonX
After I had just downloaded the .dmg file and try to open it, a screen pops up saying that it can't be opened because it was not read. Can anyone help me with this?
Shiroame
So I didn't know that skins weren't working in this OS X beta release so I changed my skin and now I can't even access the game. Every time I start up osu!, it fails to open and I get an error window.
Cokidoki
On June, July and August, osu! was working perfectly ! And after the mac update, osu! keep bugging and everything.
Please, can you do something about that ?
Because i really want to play online. Thank you.
Zyph
Around 2 weeks ago (with the new update), my osu started to freeze when you select a song (after around.. 20 minutes or so of gameplay). Normally this wouldn't be a huge deal for me, but after every freeze I am unable to re-open it for over 15 minutes because osu! is still running, and force quitting it does not help.

I use Version 10.7.5.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Ricez
With the newest update, all my spinners disappeared, and my score screen was a little unaligned. o.o

However, when I went to mess around with the settings, I clicked on fullscreen, and then osu immediately crashed. From then, I couldn't start osu again since all that popped up when I clicked to open osu was an error screen, and trying to restart osu ended up with the same error screen.

Here's the error code if it helps with anything

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at #Ji.#An.#Mib(Boolean )
at #Ji.#An.#Jib(String , Boolean )
at #Gn.#In.#iq()
at #Tc.#Zc.#gs()
at #Gn.#aJb.#Ljb(String , Boolean )
Shiroame
Unfortunately, with the new update, I can't seem to load any of my beatmaps. Guess I'll have to lay off the game for a while now. :(
Darlina_Lester
у меня такая же проблема,что при запуске ошибка
prog893

Kaito_sanDark wrote:

t/123486

~el_leopardo
Shiroame

el_leopardo wrote:

Kaito_sanDark wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/123486

~el_leopardo

OMG Thank you so much! That fixed it for me! :)
superosugood
:| :| :| the skins does not work with this version. :cry: :cry: :cry: whenever I change skins,it just quits and always say there is a bug whenever I go back to game. :cry: :cry: :cry:
GolemdX
fresh install. any clue how I would fix that a lot of the text appears as squares (maybe missing font)?

http://cl.ly/image/342c0W0Z0545

my system language on OS X is set to Japanese. sorry if this has been answered already!
prog893

GolemdX wrote:

fresh install. any clue how I would fix that a lot of the text appears as squares (maybe missing font)?

my system language on OS X is set to Japanese. sorry if this has been answered already!
Go to Advanced settings as in my guide above, but click Winetricks in it. Both CJK and All Fonts packages may help you. The ー symbol, as in コーヒー will still be displayed as a square. Only that one symbol.

If any further help needed, depressivethinking (at mark) gmail

~el_leopardo
GolemdX
:(

el_leopardo wrote:

GolemdX wrote:

Go to Advanced settings as in my guide above, but click Winetricks in it. Both CJK and All Fonts packages may help you. The ー symbol, as in コーヒー will still be displayed as a square. Only that one symbol.

If any further help needed, depressivethinking (at mark) gmail

~el_leopardo
I did that, now it just doesn't launch at all. I doubt it's related though, the error is "Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded." thanks for help with the fonts!

EDIT: works great! it wasn't launching because it was in a subdirectory of my Applications folder. kind of odd, but whatever.
CraShed-Ice
Is it normal that there is no more score screen after finishing a map? If so, I find it quite annoying -.-
MillhioreF
Scroll down at the results to reach the score screen.
screamwithme
how do you make maps on Osu! i tried dragging a mp3 file to where it says and it doesnt work :(
awesomeperson_old
Is there a way to make new beatmaps? I tried dragging it into the place to make it but it doesn't work. Any Help
MoneyMacDaddy
After downloading OSU and dragging it onto Application, when i open it and the updating process is complete, it keeps showing a small menu saying there's an error and gives me to options which are to restart now and quit osu, and restarting doesnt fix the problem, just keeps leading back to the same small menu
prog893

MoneyMacDaddy wrote:

After downloading OSU and dragging it onto Application, when i open it and the updating process is complete, it keeps showing a small menu saying there's an error and gives me to options which are to restart now and quit osu, and restarting doesnt fix the problem, just keeps leading back to the same small menu
p/2202653

The Easy Way: download osu! from the link in the latest message.

The Hard Way: read the whole thread and make yourself your own bundle.

~el_leopardo
prog893

GolemdX wrote:

I did that, now it just doesn't launch at all. I doubt it's related though, the error is "Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded." thanks for help with the fonts!

EDIT: works great! it wasn't launching because it was in a subdirectory of my Applications folder. kind of odd, but whatever.
p/2202653

Here Japanese fonts are at their finest. No empty boxes or whatsoever.

~el_leopardo
Lyolio
hi :)

i tried to run osu on my macbook (the withe one 8-) ) but i have this interface bug when i launch it :

help :o
MoneyMacDaddy
Thanks i got it working now! That helped me a lot.
screamwithme
im on a mac and my osu was working fine a few days ago. I then made a made a map and my osu constanltly kept quitting on its own. i;d try to load a map and it wouldnt load. now it wont even open and goes right to the little error page. Ive tried doing everything with wineskin and re downloading. its not working and apearently not for other people either.
screamwithme
im really fustrated. Ive been playing osu for a week maybe tops, and i even donated money and Its not even working on my mac... this is really really fustrating. everything keeps failing and now it wont even open :(((((((
MillhioreF
Uhh... what?

Merged into the Mac thread I guess?? :o
EternalPeanut
Is there a version compatible with older versions, like the 10.5.8?
vanessa12345678
i can not open the song
i can open osu but when i click on
the song it just have music
ZennArctic
I've had Osu on a Windows PC for a few years (I played on and off for about a year before making this account), so i'm well experienced with skins, beatmaps, etc, so I already have skins, so on my Mac I manually placed them in the skins folder and on Osu when I tried to change my skin Osu crashed. Might wanna fix that :3
ZennArctic
Also I would LOVE it if Taiko mode were up soon, I have a PC desktop and a Macbook and i'm on my laptop (macbook) alot at home, and would love to play taiko on it, but hey i'm no game developer so I don't know anything about this stuff X3
Omurasaki
where is taiko mod after update? .__.
show more