forum

osu! (OS X) beta release

posted
Total Posts
show more
hihiangie

Poisonmellon wrote:

hihiangie wrote:

but the version of my OS X is10.10.2...can i still play osu ?
Yes, I believe so.
I'm currently using 10.10.1 :D
But I've tried a few times.when I succes running OSU,it plays "welcome to OSU "but it just shut down automatically and I don't know why.
Zuikaku

Lagel wrote:

Poisonmellon wrote:

Oh for the lag, try to have minimal programs open and if you need to, in settings in osu type in OpenGL and run osu through that instead of DirectX. Reduce any visual settings you may have put on accidentally.

Hope I helped! :)
I thought you couldn't run OpenGL on the OS X version?
You can :)
Zuikaku

hihiangie wrote:

poisonmellon wrote:

I'm currently using 10.10.1 :D
But I've tried a few times.when I succes running OSU,it plays "welcome to OSU "but it just shut down automatically and I don't know why.
Yeah, osu for mac OSX isn't that reliable. >:(
I've had to re-download and delete osu multiple times, sometimes not even able to open it in the first place. :cry:
Check what programs you may have, like I found if you have Razer Synapse then osu! will keep crashing.
I'm not really able to help unless I know the direct source, so my guess is to wait until osu! is updated (next patch) or try and re-download osu! again.
Lagel

Poisonmellon wrote:

Have you ever tried using it? Because it doesn't work.
Zuikaku

Lagel wrote:

Poisonmellon wrote:

Have you ever tried using it? Because it doesn't work.
Yeah I've used it somewhat, but only if I try for an SS and osu glitches for a second and it's impossible thats the only time I do :P
If you click it it should restart osu and start it in a more *stable* manner

Just double checked now, yeah the box doesn't stay ticked although I find that if I click it osu! seems to run more smoothly :?: :|
I think this may be due to the fact that it's a windows application wrapped using wine so it comes pre-installed with DirectX :P
Lagel

Poisonmellon wrote:

Yeah I've used it somewhat, but only if I try for an SS and osu glitches for a second and it's impossible thats the only time I do :P
If you click it it should restart osu and start it in a more *stable* manner

Just double checked now, yeah the box doesn't stay ticked although I find that if I click it osu! seems to run more smoothly :?: :|
I think this may be due to the fact that it's a windows application wrapped using wine so it comes pre-installed with DirectX :P
Yeah i was gonna say i don't think you know what you're on about :P I've tried absolutely everything i could think of in order to get smooth gameplay. All we can do is hope the new update will be good, otherwise i'm gonna look at a larger hard-drive and use bootcamp, although i really don't want to dedicate half my drive just for a game.
Froic
i tried re-installing osu. but it doesn't even open Q_Q

i opened up osu and tried a test run on the wineskin. the test log says this. please fix this.

AGRX
Message has been deleted.
Lagel

Agrrox wrote:

You can dedicate much less than half of your HDD. What about 10gb ?
Aha, my osu! folder altogether is like 20gb, and i'm only getting more and more beatmaps.
AGRX
Froic
[/quote]
Did you tried to make new wrapper for osu ? or its the one made by peppy and you tried to rebuild it ?[/quote]

both showed the same message for me.
Keihyan
Since yesterday mouse acceleration mac was active on osu suddenly . In anyother app or somewhere acceleration ins inactive. Does anyone have any idea to solve this problem?
AGRX
minhsk8s
so the game works fine, but im unable to see the background video... is there any way to fix this?
AGRX
Vertify
For those who want to turn off mouse acceleration (completely~ not just for osu!)

Head over to http://smoothmouse.com/

Download it and open your System Preferences.

Lagel

rip cutting edge
How do i go back to stable? I can't play.
Vertify
I don't think cutting edge was meant for Mac lol.

Your best bet is to probably re-install if you haven't already Lagel. Just copy over your songs folder (and any other ones you want to keep) and you should be good.

*Replays,
*Chat Log
??
AGRX
Topic Starter
peppy
I'm working on creating an updated wineskin, but if anyone wants to help out and beat me to it then please, be my guest.
AGRX
Juu_DELETED
Is this new wineskin finished?
AGRX
Juu_DELETED
Is the new wineskin still coming?
ImFuruhiro
I just redownloaded osu! on my mac and right when I try opening the game up I was prompted with this:

ERROR! cannot write to Info.plist, there are permission problems, or you are on a read-only volume.

This cannot run from within a read-only dmg file.

What does this mean? Am I able to play osu! on my mac or not?
PizzaLovers007

ImFuruhiro wrote:

I just redownloaded osu! on my mac and right when I try opening the game up I was prompted with this:

ERROR! cannot write to Info.plist, there are permission problems, or you are on a read-only volume.

This cannot run from within a read-only dmg file.

What does this mean? Am I able to play osu! on my mac or not?
Have you copied the osu!.app to your Applications folder?
AGRX
Vertify

Agrrox wrote:

bump, wonder if peppy is working on updated wrapper.

I tried to use wrapper with preinstalled .NET libraries (2.0 - 4.0) and updated osu to cutting edge.
Restarted osu, and osu updater wrote that i dont have internet connection.
I remember that maybe 3-4 months ago i tried cutting edge and osu launched in cutting edge version.
It'll be made when it is made~ no need to comment about it.
Juu_DELETED
When I play in a windowed resolution the fps sits at exactly 120, even with unlimited framerate on. In fullscreen it was running over 350, is there a known reason for this?
Juu_DELETED
RIP OSX Support.... really glad I'm ordering a PC :/
wonjae
I cant map Mode specific maps like ctb or mania
Cannu
I need some help. I user Beta/Cutting Edge but it says I require some NET Framework but when I click to install, it fails.
AGRX
Cannu

Agrrox wrote:

CannuJul wrote:

I need some help. I user Beta/Cutting Edge but it says I require some NET Framework but when I click to install, it fails.
dont use cutting edge because wineskin has problem with .Net higher than 3.5
Thanks :) Sticking with Beta from now on but would really like to see this issue fixed ASAP :D
AGRX
The Kindly One
Just moved too mac and installed Osu.

There is DEFINITELY a slight audio delay throughout the whole game (BOTH music and the beats, so universal offset is of no use here)

At lower difficulties, it's probably fine, but at higher difficulties, Osu is completely impossible to play like this.

You can't play to the beat of the music. You HAVE TO hit the beats slightly earlier.
PizzaLovers007
Yeah there is input lag unfortunately. I've just been dealing with it, but hopefully the new wrapper will fix it.
AGRX
Cannu

Agrrox wrote:

The Kindly One wrote:

Just moved too mac and installed Osu.

There is DEFINITELY a slight audio delay throughout the whole game (BOTH music and the beats, so universal offset is of no use here)

At lower difficulties, it's probably fine, but at higher difficulties, Osu is completely impossible to play like this.

You can't play to the beat of the music. You HAVE TO hit the beats slightly earlier.
Did you played on windows before ? because your overal accuracy is very low (90.2%) to judge delays.
Idk i am dealing with it kinda good but its really hard to play on my old macbook. What mac you have ?
I have a late 2013 iMac, but I find that the offset settings can vary on any given day (Somewhat sporadic imo), cause sometimes it'll be like -10 and then others it's +5, and I'm using the same headphones, so I'm really not sure. Hopefully we can have this OS X Beta Release back on track :D
AGRX
show more