Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lance
Madoka dubs incoming

http://www.madokamagicausa.com/

Not sure how to feel about this :|
ampzz
Oh my...

For one I've never been a fan of dubs (the only exception being Dragonball) and hearing Madoka and companies vocals in the original Japanese tongue was just bearable as it was, then having to hear that in English... no thanks.
Firo Prochainezo
Oh my, already?
NoHitter
Don't dubs usually ruin the anime?
Faust
Little girls. I hope they sound like one.
Neo@lex
No one said anything about dubs.
gat1toneku

NoHItter wrote:

this
Topic Starter
Lance
Reeeal big necro but...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... r-streamed

MAHDOHKAH KAHDAHMEH
Mogsy
I personally don't mind dubs in my aneemoos, since it occasionally improves upon the source material or is better than reading TL notes. It is a matter of preference, but dubs can occasionally be great (we've moved past the nineties, people).

This sounds a lot like Lucky Star and K-ON! to me, which will be fun when the creepier elements of the series start coming into play. It's a very 'anime'-sounding dub, instead of a natural one, since the initial impression of the show calls for that, even in Japanese.
classified-zerogoki
I would probably watch the dub when the dvd's are released
mathexpert
the only thing good about dubs is that you don't have to keep your eyes on the bottom of the screen to read, so I might try it. Though learning japanese would be the best option :P
palion
trailer:
"i want you to become magical girls"

omg sounds so bad
those

palion wrote:

trailer:
"i want you to become magical girls"

omg sounds so bad
That's cuz you know what it should sound like.

When I heard the English dub for Lucky Star, I immediately facepalm'd and left the room, and told my friend to shut it off.
palion
no i meant just the term "magical girls" is just bad :( connotation is way different imo
DerekMcD
Madoka's on Crackle, Hulu, and on Crunchyroll.
emonite

gat1toneku wrote:

NoHItter wrote:

this
This too...
Hitsugaya936
For me engdub is not bad when compared with the rusdub. And yes, dubs ruin the anime. No matter how it's good.
Mogsy
tl;dr of below: Give English dubs a chance.
SPOILER
I don't think very many people here have watched recent dub jobs. A strong dub communicates the exact point of the story within the constraints of another language. As far as English dubs are concerned, a good English dub script merely rids itself of honorifics and translates by removing all (or most) usage of passive voice. Passive voice is very unnatural-sounding and is why most older dubs tend to suck (thanks to more often than not very direct translations of the Japanese, or very liberal translations when the situation does not call for it). If the acting sucks, however, it's based off of whether or not the actors are any good and if the AR director is any good. English dubs get too much flack for how they sounded in the past, and honestly, some anime sound much better dubbed (Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, Nana, Fullmetal Alchemist, Baka to Test, etc.).

That all being said, after 4 episodes of it, the Madoka dub is not all that good. Kyubey is the best-played part (the trailer did it no justice), as it still manages to maintain its creepy edge. The script is not adapted all that well, and it sounds like your average early-2000s dubbing job.
SereneMidnight
I absolutely hatedthe job they did for Mami. It does her no justice.
Rey Fullbuster

NoHItter wrote:

same this too
yojiexo
OMG! e.e