1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Ranked/Approved Beatmaps
show more
posted
well ok
posted
why are u using tragic in the diffname when the story is not really tragic? sad is definitely a better adjective to describe it
posted
the tower falls and everyone dies

that's... tragic.
posted
except that this isnt mentioned in the song and the video of it also doesnt support ur argument

also worth to mention is that od8 is way too low because the patterns u are using are pretty easy and hp5 is making it way too easy to pass the map with the same argument
posted
It's kinda irrelevant if the "tragic" fits on the diffname... it really fits to me. And I can see people falling from the tower, lol

I can't see why having pretty easy patterns (they aren't that easy) is a reason to increase the OD or HP. The HP isn't that low to be increased and the reason I kept it under the average (which is 6, I guess) is that I don't want people to insta-fail on sections like the ones in the middle of the song, where you even have 1/4 jumps.

As for the OD... I can't see why 8 isn't a good OD. Don't want to make it super hard to get a good accuracy.
posted
Diff name is fine if it has a relation to the song/theme of the map/context, etc, which seems to be the case here.
posted

Stjpa wrote:

also worth to mention is that od8 is way too low because the patterns u are using are pretty easy and hp5 is making it way too easy to pass the map with the same argument
keep in mind that from what we've seen from when it was qualified, it had a low pass rate and only a handful of 98%+ scores

od8 isnt low for this kind of map with different rhythms being thrown at the player constantly

hp5 is probably so people dont die from missing a single jumpstream since that's a frustrating experience for the player
posted

Dada wrote:

Stjpa wrote:

also worth to mention is that od8 is way too low because the patterns u are using are pretty easy and hp5 is making it way too easy to pass the map with the same argument
keep in mind that from what we've seen from when it was qualified, it had a low pass rate and only a handful of 98%+ scores

od8 isnt low for this kind of map with different rhythms being thrown at the player constantly

hp5 is probably so people dont die from missing a single jumpstream (jumpstreams only exist in mania and you are talking about the standard difficulty :?) since that's a frustrating experience for the player
posted
DOIS SEGUNDOS DEPOIS DE EU DAR PARABÉNS > dq
que morte eu to me sentindo mal
posted

Cra Dow wrote:

keep in mind that from what we've seen from when it was qualified, it had a low pass rate and only a handful of 98%+ scores

od8 isnt low for this kind of map with different rhythms being thrown at the player constantly

hp5 is probably so people dont die from missing a single jumpstream (jumpstreams only exist in mania and you are talking about the standard difficulty :?) since that's a frustrating experience for the player
jumpstream as in stream with occasional 1/4 jumps in it, not a stream with double notes like in mania
posted
03:04:052 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - wots up with the diff spike here, just seems totally unreasonable to play and is like a 0.20 sr boost lol. something like 04:56:007 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - is more in line with the difficulty of the map

00:56:799 (2) - 00:57:644 (2) - 00:58:489 (2) - 00:59:334 (2) - and the snapping with this seems a little pointless, especially when you use the same visuals as 1/4 - i wasn't even aware it was 1/6 until opening the editor. could just snap to 1/4 for intuition, or at least make it visually apparent that the snapping is different

but ye fun map
posted

Net0 wrote:

Diff name is fine if it has a relation to the song/theme of the map/context, etc, which seems to be the case here.
ta falando q o mapa é trágico? lul
posted
Awhh...but I think the diffname is fine since the diffname is suitable with the song, i mean with the lyrics (Kuron-kun already tell before this map is qualify)
posted

Pentori wrote:

03:04:052 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - wots up with the diff spike here, just seems totally unreasonable to play and is like a 0.20 sr boost lol. something like 04:56:007 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - is more in line with the difficulty of the map I don't really see why it's unreasonable, it's definitely the most emphasized and strong part of the whole song, along with its ending. The second one doesn't have big jumps as the first one because it's not as strong as the first you mentioned. Imo it's pretty reasonable, even though it increases a lot the sr.

00:56:799 (2) - 00:57:644 (2) - 00:58:489 (2) - 00:59:334 (2) - and the snapping with this seems a little pointless, especially when you use the same visuals as 1/4 - i wasn't even aware it was 1/6 until opening the editor. could just snap to 1/4 for intuition, or at least make it visually apparent that the snapping is different Yeah, was going to change that anyway. I was really surprised that only a few people were confused by this, the big majority who played this really didn't think this was 1/4. But changed it since I didn't like it anyway.

but ye fun map
applied Raiden's changes as well, wasn't aware about the Omit first bar line rule in Taiko.

waiting for gh's reply on Skylish's mod.
posted

Skylish wrote:

It seems no one made a final confirmation on Taiko based on the thread, since the latest change from ghm12 7 days ago.

[Taiko-tou]

> 00:15:883 - from this 0.8x section, 1/6s are hard to distiguish the actual incoming time visually. While in musical sense, 1/6 usage could be implemented right after the Kiai since the after Kiai session contains more layers. No need to make some early bursts in the introduction part imo unless strong rationale behind. I really, really, really feel like I should follow this 1/6. It's literally the only strong thing about this part. I'm going to change the sv to 0,9 in this part to help the reding, and do some 0,8 ~ 0,86 after 00:14:193 - just so it doesn't feel sudden. Also, changed 00:22:221 - from 0,9 ~ 1,0 to 0,95 ~ 1,0.

> 01:42:714 - shifting the SV green timing point to 01:42:080 - can give a small notice to players that: SVs are going to change due to different velocity of barlines. i honestly think it looks weird while playing since there's no note in the barline. also, the break itself gives the idea there'll be something different, at least it's what i've been doing in the map. because of those, i prefer not.

> 02:16:517 - you missed a note here? yes. i swear i didn't hear it until now.

> 02:37:432 - imitating the similar SV changes at 02:50:953 - , a 1.01x timing point should be put here. yeah, also put its volume to 76% (not like it changes much)

! 04:02:362 - redundant barline here, you should have a red timing point with barline omission set. Make sure add it in EVERY difficulty. fixed

[]

I am confused that no one checked the Taiko diff. before the whole set was approved, what a pity. ):
thanks a lot :3/

@Kuron-kun: tu arrumou a barline redundante de uma outra forma. como o Skylish disse, é pra adicionar uma em 04:02:362 - e ocultá-la, não esconder a de 04:02:364 -. Da forma que tu deixou, fica assim ingame

Adiciona a line certinha nas outras diffs só pra garantir que não tenha mais nenhum problema, se tiver dúvida é só copiar o point da minha diff. Also, ty por arrumar as downbeats, eu não fazia ideia de como arrumar lol
te amo

update
posted
halloween update 🎃
posted
ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
posted

Eraser wrote:

Cra Dow wrote:

keep in mind that from what we've seen from when it was qualified, it had a low pass rate and only a handful of 98%+ scores

od8 isnt low for this kind of map with different rhythms being thrown at the player constantly

hp5 is probably so people dont die from missing a single jumpstream (jumpstreams only exist in mania and you are talking about the standard difficulty :?) since that's a frustrating experience for the player
jumpstream as in stream with occasional 1/4 jumps in it, not a stream with double notes like in mania
Oh I see, learning everyday... Sorry to Dada for thinking he was wrong, Thanks...
Actually in standard mode context jumps make more sense than some ddr term in mania...
posted

Cra Dow wrote:

Oh I see, learning everyday... Sorry to Dada for thinking he was wrong, Thanks...
Actually in standard mode context jumps make more sense than some ddr term in mania...
haha, it's no big deal

terms for different modes are confusing
posted
Hop in to help a bit in setting those red timing points behind the spinner at 04:19:818 - :

> For 04:19:816 - and 04:21:932 - , the display of barlines are fine. But things go wrong a bit at 04:27:698 - , since the gap between it with 04:28:543 - is not a bar, which makes the latter look a bit weird.

If I remove all retarded (delayed) timings points, 04:26:364 - would be 1 bar of BPM=110 right before 04:28:543 - . I assume that it is the compromised barline display for showing a relationship linkage between the delayed vocal and main theme. Set a red timing point at 04:26:364 - BPM= 110.

> Then you will see 04:25:390 - this would make less sense if you adopt the above suggestion. Imo, the whole long vocal will be treated as a Fermata. 04:25:390 - will be an open ending without a proper 'calculable' timing value. Set a red timing point at 04:25:390 - BPM=what you were using right now (104), with Barline Omission set.

tl;dr, look at the BOLD WORDS
show more
Please sign in to reply.