forum

[STD] Spyro the SongCritter _=_ vers 1.3.1

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BitCritterSpyro
I AM PERFECTLY AWARE THAT THIS ISN'T CALLED "Spyro the Dragon," BUT IT'S BECAUSE THIS SKIN CONTAINS THE JAPANESE SPYRO GRAPHICS USED TO PROMOTE SEASON OF ICE IN JAPAN. DON'T JUDGE ME FOR THIS.

(Still also looking for assistance with the mod icons and the other mode elements, but I'm going to leave this STD for a long time anyway, so what's the point? :P)

UPDATE3: Fixed hit circle size and also made Ryukiin's hit circles part of the main pack!
(small update to add after months: combo burst finally in lol)

>>>>>Download the current skin.<<<<<
>>>>>Download the poorly-made hitcircles legacy skin.<<<<<
(WARNING: LEGACY SKIN HAS LOUD MENU & FAILSOUNDS!)

I'm actually really surprised we don't have more skins based around other games, but I decided to take a shot at my own skin, both for personal use, and as a fan art project (even though the majority of the elements isn't really fan-made per-se. LUL)

[MAIN MENU]

[SONG SELECTION]

Why is Blue Dragon a Purple Pokémon? I should take his place ecks deee

[SHOWCASE EXAMPLES]

SPOILER

you knew this was coming

But wait, there's a dragon in that BG, too....

#inb4He'sAlsoACircleClicker :PPPPPPPP

(also, guess what I saw what other skin was in the Completed Skin Compendium...)

Click here to download the MAGIC!!!
>>>>>Alternate Download: Legacy skin.<<<<<
(WARNING: LEGACY SKIN HAS LOUD MENU & FAILSOUNDS!)

UPDATE LOG
  1. 2 March 2017, 16:40 (-5 GMT): Repositioned Play-unranked.png to make it look like it's positioned similarly to the "DEMO MODE" logo from Spyro 2. [REFERENCE PICTURE]
  2. 21 March 2017, 21:05 (-5 GMT): Deactivated the 6th combo color and readied [profiles]Ryukiin[/profile]'s hitcircles for alternative use. ANOTHER REFEFRENCE PICTURE
  3. 5 April 2017, 00:31 (-5 GMT): implemented a proper cursortrail.png, as well as two other hitsounds for hitnormals.
  4. 23 April 2017, 13:49 (-5 GMT): Fixed the loud hit sounds and hit circle size, and also made Ryukiin's hit circle pack the main attraction (mine kinda suck, but it's in the legacy pack, if you want to use it).
  5. 13 November 2017, 22:06 (-5 GMT): FINALLY added a combo burst!

> Combo burst courtesy of IcelectricSpyro, from Stream Doodles - November 12

=============

LOOKING FOR CONTRIBUTORS FOR OTHER MODES!!!

I've already left what I'd like for the Mod icons in the skin.ini, but I'd also like contributors for the other game modes. Specifically, I'd like these elements in the other modes:

CTB:
- A Chibi Flame the Dragon catching different colored gems, stroked black for every color panel on each gem. Elements should be similar to the modern CTB elements found in the Skinning Wiki.

Taiko:
- A Chibi Ember playing Bongos - one set right below her front paws, and another standing at an angle behind her tail. Elements should be similar to the modern Taiko elements found in the Skinning Wiki (minus the snare-drum body, of course. Ember gets put in place of that)

Mania:
- Cynder showing up playing a MIDI keyboard, as a comboburst.
- Keys that have gem emblems on them
- A panel that expands much further than the original panel, preferably wide enough to allow room for the gem emblems to show at a width of 90 px on 97 px keys when the screen is 1080p (not sure how to explain how this is actually accomplished here, but let's say the keys were 258 px wide each: the emblems would be 250 px wide each. you can PM me for details, where I'll try to explain myself best I can there, even though I might not do a good job at it. Mania skinning is pretty much my weakest point atm).
umbratsuki
I love all the sound effects! Though I'm completely confused on what the game over sound thing is hahahaha.

The orbs seem like they have a tiny bit of white on the edges still that you might have missed when making the background transparent. Same with the gems (in the middle of the circles). I also wonder if there's a higher quality gem image that could be used...

On the spinners, Zoe seems a bit out of place. I think her artwork is just done a bit differently. I love the arrangement though, so with some editing I think she'd fit right in.

Only other thing is the score letters on the ending screen are blurry, since they had to be scaled up so much. Not sure if anything can be done about that other than a vector maybe. Or I could try that one upscaling website again.

It took me a while to get used to using it, since the skin I was using before was a lot simpler, so this felt cluttered at first. But I actually really like it :D
Topic Starter
BitCritterSpyro
Alternative packs are ready for play. Enjoy!
Topic Starter
BitCritterSpyro
New update.

SPOILER

(I'm an og at heart, even though I embrace TLoS)
Topic Starter
BitCritterSpyro
another update
popmanbrad
this right here is the best thing ive ever seen spyro is my life
Topic Starter
BitCritterSpyro
FINALLY added a combo burst!

However, I'm no longer going to bump this topic until I work on at least the Mod icons, or else I'll make a new topic from this point!

======

Thank you IcelectricSpyro for making this!
(source: Stream Doodles - November 12)