forum

Shoudl i get a graphic board? (tablet)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Reward
Problem Details:
Im playing osu! for like 2 years (with lot of quits meanwhile xD) and i wondered if i should get a tablet cuz i played with mouse since i started and i dont know if should get used to a graphic board, cuz it should take me a while and it may ruin my gaming level of playing osu!
So im asking u guys for an advice.
I'd be happy for know ur opinions.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170222.3 (latest)
Sandy Hoey
I would suggest borrowing one from a friend if you know anyone that has one. This way, you can see if you actually would enjoy playing with it and if it will help you improve
o x
I always say if you don't plan on using it outside of osu! To get the osu! Tablet since it isn't very costly and serves the purpose you need. If you do any graphical work or like drawing on your computer than I would say get a graphic tablet (graphic board) since you would use it more and it wouldn't be a waste of money.

Keep in mind tablet and mouse are quite different so it will still take you time to get used to a tablet if you do choose to get one.
Roricon
I would advice to try one out before buying, I bought a tablet 2 years ago just to play osu! with and I ended up selling it after a few months because I found playing with a tablet very uncomfortable compared to a mouse.
Topic Starter
Reward
I am also left handed so idk if it would work for me neither
Sandy Hoey
If you are currently playing using a mouse in your right hand, you are going to have to relearn tapping because it will be slightly different using your right had to click the keys. Otherwise, it shouldn't be a problem though
kai99
It doesn't matter whether you're left handed or not because there's settings for those with the tablet software.
If you've been playing with a mouse for that long though, keeping with mouse might be more comfortable and suitable option for you.

I remember Angelsim saying that no matter how good he is with his mouse, tablet is more comfortable for him anyways..
but it's really personal preference
Nattsun
You are ~rank 62000 with a playcount of 15000, which is not much.

If you really want to play osu! in the future it is not too late to buy a tablet. Just keep in mind that it will "ruin" your enjoyment for the first few days, maybe weeks. You basically have to learn the game again, but this time you skip the tapping and reading part. Most tablet players claim that it is "better" than mouse and that they did the right desicion. In the best case scenario you borrow a tablet and try it out.

Personally, I would stick to mouse. I just prefer using a mouse and I own a tablet, gave it ~10hours until I plugged in my mouse again. Mouse players usually get more respect for the same things, if that's your thing... :p