forum

[Archived] Difficulty and combo bonus inconsistency (example)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zekira
Not sure if this will be helpful though.

I was trying to fix up the ordering on the difficulties of my mapset when I noticed something peculiar.

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/31008 the [N's] difficulty in particular.

Currently its:

HPDrainRate:5
CircleSize:4
OverallDifficulty:9
ApproachRate:8
The difficulty rating is 5.00 but the total score is 4,635,998, which is the combo bonus value (+48 for each preceding object after the 3rd) for a star rating less than 5.00 but greater than 4.00.

Now if we change it to

HPDrainRate:6
CircleSize:4
OverallDifficulty:9
ApproachRate:8
Difficulty rating is 4.90 but the total score is 5,764,550... (+60 combo bonus for each preceding object after the 3rd) the combo bonus value for star rating of 5.00

Isn't the difficulty rating supposed to be the other way around in this case?

I wanted to actually set the HP Drain Rate to 6 in this case because I want the immense score difference to kick in, but it screws up the order of the difficulty listing so I took note of it and just left it at 5

I understand there's a lot of inconsistencies on the difficulty rating and it's (presumably) being worked on; I'm just throwing out an example here just in case it actually gives something to help fix...
mm201
There are three different star formulas and they're each used for different purposes. (Please don't ask me which does what.)
hitty40

mm201 wrote:

There are three different star formulas and they're each used for different purposes. (Please don't ask me which does what.)
Which does what, mind if I ask?
Topic Starter
Zekira
So maybe that's where the inconsistencies lie... Never knew about there being multiple formulas o_o

Kinda odd how the difference is enormous though (0.10)