forum

Losing my will to play.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
aaronlogz
I was playing a map then a thought came to my head: "why am i playing this game and continue to play it?"

What drive you guys to play this game? Hearing other peoples opinion on why they play might help me light the fire on my excitement to keep playing the game.
Rwyta
Anything that is related to Osu! should be posted in here.

Well, I guess what drives me is the game is just fun, I play because I want to impress myself what I am capable of.
levesterz
i like to torture my hand especially extreme dead stream. I cant live without my finger not feeling sore from clicking the button.
oh and also editor. yup love making slider art in the editor
Blitzfrog

Allmynamestaken wrote:

Anything that is related to Osu! should be posted in here.

Well, I guess what drives me is the game is just funfanfics

On-Topic:

What drives me to play is someone really. I do have fun, but I have more fun with that one person.
Zard0Z
The feeling of constantly improving is enough to get me to keep playing. I also love music, so I play songs that I like. I don't really worry about my rank, but more about actually having fun.
o x
I don't really play anymore, I was really motivated to play when I first started osu! And I get motivated to play every now and then but not for more than a day. I always played for the community and had fun interacting with people, but as the community changes more people leave and new people join, lots of people I knew left so I wasn't really motivated to play anymore. Which is why I'm here on he forums now (I have to say I like it a lot more no stress at all) you should find a reason to continue playing whether it's for community, multi or just climbing the ranks with some friends. If you don't have a reason to stay playing the game chances are you won't last playing very long.
WavePoint
Don't play competitively on singleplayer, just have fun.
N0thingSpecial
I play cause I hate myself
Hibiya-chan
I keep on improving as time passes, learning new stuff and sht.
Caput Mortuum
to annoy everybody with my loud keyboard taps
Sayorie
losing my will to live
Torgairon
you don't owe this game your free time or as much of it if you're losing interest, which should go without saying but I feel like there's a lot of self-abasement in this game's community regarding not being a diehard or just not being very good.

I play because as I get older I have way less time and reflexes to compete in other popular competitive games. osu is really, really easy to track your progress in, doesn't require you to queue up with random scum trash on the internet, incorporates listening to sick beatz into the gameplay and can fit into even a spare half hour as long as it's at home.
o x

Torgairon wrote:

you don't owe this game your free time.
You don't owe this game anything, but remember. You're here forever.
- Mha -
i feel you
-Yuni
Music, fun and meeting people as weeb as me.
Nattsun
I love competetive plays and I'll continue until I'm satisfied with my rank. It was like this in any game I put effort into.
Zangston
The satisfaction of being a top player in the world, but I can't really say that since I'm not past 100,000 yet.

Osu! is still a fun game and although the idea of it is very simple, every song/beatmap brings a different experience with it.

Perhaps try playing another game mode or maybe even try beatmapping?
green tea
Seeing improvement is where my drive is, as long as I keep pushing the envelope I don't tire out.

I have fun by playing what I want, when I want. Sometimes that's grinding ranks solo, sometimes that's playing random maps that other people would kill me for playing, other times I just like to lurk multiplayer lobbies and see where I stack up against other people (and how badly I play when under any pressure :^) ).

More importantly, I don't play when I don't feel like it. As soon as I'm sitting there thinking that I'd rather be doing something else, I do something else. There's no point in forcing myself to play the game when I don't have the desire; frankly, I won't get anything done. I'll get frustrated when I can't play as well as I normally do, I'll reinforce bad habits and make myself temporarily resent the game since I didn't want to play it in the first place.
I Give Up
Already lost mine.
Aline

Sayorie wrote:

losing my will to live
gooder101
I would like to get into 3 digits and pass some hard dank maps also if you play everyday somehow you might get addicted