forum

New Keyboard

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Creyz
Hey guys.
My corsair k70 is Starting to break. Sometimes it Doesnt register when I Presse a key.

That's why im looking for a New keyboard,I am currently not sure if I should get the Corsair k95 platinum ot the Razer Blackwidow v2 with yellow switches. I've considered the Ducky Shine 5 but I dont think it's Worth the price.
Also I cant just go to my local Shop to test These because none of them have it.
Can Any one Who owns one or both Keyboards give me a recommendation?
Sayorie
Ducky TKL is great. If you want a numpad maybe a Steelseries 6GV2 for durability or K95 for the bling. I still don't trust Razer, so go away Razer fanboys.
SlowLogicBoy

Creyz wrote:

Hey guys.
My corsair k70 is Starting to break. Sometimes it Doesnt register when I Presse a key.
Well I thought that my keyboard is also breaking and started chattering, and I thought that is a because of bad switches etc...
But that was because I didn't take care of my keyboard, and it got some food in it and other stuff like that, and some of particles got in to the switches themselves and started chattering. To fix that there are some solutions:
  1. Blow compressed air into the switches (highly not recommended, but some do that and it fixes problems for them)
  2. Put a drop of 95%< of alcohol into the bad switch and tap on them, it should fix them after a while
  3. and for ducks sake take care of your keyboard
I fixed my old keyboard that got bad by cleaning it. Also got 2 new keyboards (because I didn't know that that was my problem not switches) with red and blue switches and I take care of them, they always look like new, cause they are expensive and I don't want them to suffer like my first one.
Topic Starter
Creyz
Actually I do really care about my keyboard. I remove all the Keys once every week and Then I clean it. This cant be it. It also seems Like a lot of ppl have this issue with the k70.
Thanks for the reply tho
SlowLogicBoy
Well might be a keyboard, but mostly I think that's a switch problem.

I have Corsair Strafe MX Blue (that started to act) lots of ppl say this keyboard is bad because its corsair, but switches are made by Cherry so...

Anyway I bought non Cherry switches (ones are AJAZZ switches others not branded) and they feel and work better... Well maybe I'm thinking this way because I bought them.