forum

Requesting Timing / Beat Snap Divisor Help

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
doctorsonic46
So, I'm trying to map this song and I've ran into a few issues that I can't find a specific answer too anywhere on the forums or wiki.
Basically, the song in question is 128 bpm the whole way through with no tempo variation BUT due to what I assume is a variable time signature (no idea if that actually is the cause) I've got sections of the map that work in 1/6 and sections that work in 1/4. As there (to my knowledge) is no way to assign multiple time signatures to the same map, I was wondering if anyone could help with any potential work-arounds.

The map is an extremely early prototype at this point so It's not submitted as yet but here is a download as to what's been done thus far for reference:
https://puu.sh/ukO1m/c23aa406a4.osz

The timing issues mentioned above start at 00:37:031 (1) - and are especially noticeable at 00:50:625 (5) -

(And while not necessary I'd be grateful to hear what you think of the map so far too, as it could help with any other issues further down the line as such, idk.)
Metaku
But you can just change the snap divisor to 1/4 when the song changes to 1/4? There's nothing that stops you from changing the snap divisor multiple times in a song between 1/6 and 1/4
Topic Starter
doctorsonic46
While I could do that, as far as I'm aware, this would cause a large portion of the notes in the map to become un-snapped to any sort of ticks in the timeline therefore invalidating the map's rankability.

This exert from the timing rules in the Ranking Criteria explains it:

Your map must be perfectly timed. This means that your BPM and offset are spot-on, sliders end when they should, notes are generally following a recognizable rhythm (such as the lyrics or drums) which is comprehensible by a player, and that there are no unsnapped notes (you can check this by running AIMod (shortcut ctrl+shift+a) in the editor).
It's less of a problem with actually finding a fix for the issue but more of a problem with finding a solution that also adheres to raking criteria.
Personally, I think that while it wouldn't be too commonly used it would be useful to be able to assign separate beat snap divisors to timing points in the timing menu rather than having to stick to one throughout the map but judging by what ppy's busy with I can't see it being added any time soon; if at all.

Either way, thanks for the suggestion, have a nice day :)
Metaku
It isn't a rankability issue... There are many songs that feature 1/6 drumrolls and some song even change between 1/4 and 1/6 based on the section. Trust me it's not an issue.
Topic Starter
doctorsonic46
Welp, I wasn't aware of that, thanks for the clarification.