forum

Imperial Circus Dead Decadence - Shinbatsu o Tadori Kyoukots

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
leosu
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on samedi 29 avril 2017 at 23:27:33

Artist: Imperial Circus Dead Decadence
Title: Shinbatsu o Tadori Kyoukotsu ni Itaru
Tags: deathstreams spacedstreams metal rsi icdd
BPM: 250
Filesize: 8580kb
Play Time: 04:23
Difficulties Available:
  1. Kami no Ikari (8,41 stars, 1838 notes)
Download: Imperial Circus Dead Decadence - Shinbatsu o Tadori Kyoukotsu ni Itaru
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Awesome song by an awesome band

This took me around 15 hours to make and I'm really proud of what I did
plz mod/give feedback/critics/suggestions, much appreciated!!

22/03 : changed cs size to 4, nerfed the kiai parts a bit and combo coulours got fucked somewhere in the process ... will fix it soon
10/04 : changed some slider shapes fixed some hitsound, still need to fix combo colour tho
28/04 : a month later, combo color has finally been fixed + minor changes
30/04 : reduced wallpaper file size and changed audio bitrate -> redownload + custom hitsound added
Maardhen

Perfect !

CucumberCuc
Hi

[Kami no Ikari]
00:32:385 (5,6) these sliders can make a stack at the end of the next slider
00:34:425 NC
00:41:145 (13,1,13,1,19,1) I think that they are far, make them closer
00:44:625 (9,1) ^
00:47:025 NC, 00:47:265 remove NC
01:07:185 (5,9) NC
01:16:545 (3,1) too { 00:44:625 (9,1) }
02:12:225 (10,11) ^
03:16:785 (14) do end of the slider to the top
Topic Starter
leosu

CucumberCuc wrote:

Hi

[Kami no Ikari]
00:32:385 (5,6) these sliders can make a stack at the end of the next slider not sure what you mean there, should i try to stack the end of 6 with 7 ?
00:34:425 NC fixed
00:41:145 (13,1,13,1,19,1) I think that they are far, make them closer fixed
00:44:625 (9,1) ^ fixed
00:47:025 NC, 00:47:265 remove NC fixed
01:07:185 (5,9) NC fixed
01:16:545 (3,1) too { 00:44:625 (9,1) } fixed
02:12:225 (10,11) ^ fixed
03:16:785 (14) do end of the slider to the top fixed
thanks a bunch for the mod!
CucumberCuc

Darkhloud wrote:

CucumberCuc wrote:

Hi

[Kami no Ikari]
00:32:385 (5,6) these sliders can make a stack at the end of the next slider not sure what you mean there, should i try to stack the end of 6 with 7 ? I meant that you should probably the ends of their sliders 5 and 6 to attach to the end of the slider 7
Topic Starter
leosu
ok that's what i've done it does look better
TheKingHenry
Hello mod from my queue~
Kami no Ikari
  1. From AiMod: Audio bitrate is over 192kbps (320 to be exact it seems). Reduce it
  2. Your timing point is at the wrong place, should be 00:05:745 - instead of the current 00:05:505 - which is just a beat preceding the actual 1st tick of a measure. Alternatively you can position the timing point at 00:04:785 - but it doesn't really matter.
  3. On the other hand, it's the only timing point you need in this map. The 125 bpm ones are completely unnecessary, if you want them to slow shit down, just do it with SV. Also things like the point at 00:40:425 - are just plain wrong (this being at red tick for example lol). So yeah, only one timing point will suffice for this map.
  4. Also from the metadata part, your romanised title looks incorrect and should be something along the lines of "Shinbatsu wo Tadori Kyoukotsu ni Itaru"
  5. Also considering metadata, (tags to be specific), you need neither the name of the band or the name of the difficulty there, they both are applied already due obvious reasons.
  6. Looking at your map, there are more of overall things so I'm not gonna nitpick that much.
  7. First of all, hitsounds. They might sound good with your skin, but then I suggest applying your skin's elements to the song folder so everyone has the same shit. Since atleast with my skin the long chorus streams don't sound too good, same with the claps at 00:47:985 - for example or the occasional sliderslider hitsounds.
  8. 04:11:865 (1) - this section was kinda questionable already before, but from this on it's becoming some clusterfuck, especially patterns such as 04:12:465 (3,4,5) - (both rhythmically and spacing, actually no idea what rhythm this is following or more like if it's following that backing synthetic strings, just ditch that it's not distinct at all and makes it play badly) same with 04:14:145 (1,2,3) - aand just nope at patterns like this 04:14:545 (4,5,6,7,8,9) - actually this section kinda just needs to be remapped until 04:19:725 (1) - after which stuff makes more sense
  9. 00:17:385 (1) - wrong kind of emphasis during this jump section from this on (partly because of the fucked up timing I guess). Here you have the stronger leading sounds mapped as the supporting sounds. Plays badly
  10. 00:18:705 (2,3,4) - guitar sounds are 1/2, not like this. If you want you can map them with kicksliders tho, but the base sounds are 1/2 nevertheless so don't use 1/3 based rhythms
  11. 00:22:545 (1) - I'm pretty sure there were a lot of sliders like these, which I guess are emphasising what you are wanting, but anyways you should change them so that the sliderends don't render important sounds not clickable such as the sound at 00:23:025 -
  12. 00:34:425 (1,2,3,4,1) - weird flow cause by the change from back and forth to linear combined with the spacing changes, basically just add some angles to 00:34:785 (4,1) - and some distance (why not angle too) to 00:34:665 (3,4) -
  13. 00:42:105 (1) - very weird place to begin stream, the vocals that could be used are at either one red tick back or forward (preferably back, patterning according to it will make more sense). The fact that the last one was according to them too makes this even more unintuitive. And well, that kinda fucks up the kiai stream patterning overall, 00:43:005 (16,17,18,19) - changing the kickslider focus from here to cover the vocal instead of leading to the vocals. Kiai stream structuring will overall need more work, I'd just drop unnecessary kickslider tricks and shit and just map more straightforward deathstreams with kickslider at steady intervals (for example one per measure or smth) since that's how the music sounds anyways
  14. 00:52:065 (1,2,3) - linear flow like this doesn't work in the middle of a jump section when there's no clear reason to map it like this. Also no need for this kind of patterning of 3 notes?
  15. 01:40:545 (6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - don't do this, also don't then in the middle of a solo jump section don't do low spacing linear stuff like from 01:41:385 - on. Also you can always follow the drums, but since it's solo I recommend you to map all of the 1/3 and stuff like what the solo guitar does, for example from 01:43:665 - on
  16. 03:02:865 - oh yeah and also please map this break, it doesn't make too much sense
  17. Dat screech from 03:48:945 - on tho PogChamp
  18. Visuals are going to need a lot of work too, but those can wait for now. Fix the things that are plain wrong rhythmically, then make a lot of your patterns make more sense as in how they reflect the music and then keep them consistent compared to each other.
Good luck!
Topic Starter
leosu

TheKingHenry wrote:

Hello mod from my queue~
Kami no Ikari
  1. From AiMod: Audio bitrate is over 192kbps (320 to be exact it seems). Reduce it I'll do it
  2. Your timing point is at the wrong place, should be 00:05:745 - instead of the current 00:05:505 - which is just a beat preceding the actual 1st tick of a measure. Alternatively you can position the timing point at 00:04:785 - but it doesn't really matter. changed
  3. On the other hand, it's the only timing point you need in this map. The 125 bpm ones are completely unnecessary, if you want them to slow shit down, just do it with SV. Also things like the point at 00:40:425 - are just plain wrong (this being at red tick for example lol). So yeah, only one timing point will suffice for this map. I'll delete the 125 BPM parts and I deleted the useless timing points at the beginning of the chorus. Don't even know why I put them in the first place lol
  4. Also from the metadata part, your romanised title looks incorrect and should be something along the lines of "Shinbatsu wo Tadori Kyoukotsu ni Itaru" I can't read japanese and that's what I found when I searched so I'll trust you
  5. Also considering metadata, (tags to be specific), you need neither the name of the band or the name of the difficulty there, they both are applied already due obvious reasons. removed
  6. Looking at your map, there are more of overall things so I'm not gonna nitpick that much.
  7. First of all, hitsounds. They might sound good with your skin, but then I suggest applying your skin's elements to the song folder so everyone has the same shit. Since atleast with my skin the long chorus streams don't sound too good, same with the claps at 00:47:985 - for example or the occasional sliderslider hitsounds. I mapped with the default skin so I don't really know how to put those sounds in the skin map :/
  8. 04:11:865 (1) - this section was kinda questionable already before, but from this on it's becoming some clusterfuck, especially patterns such as 04:12:465 (3,4,5) - (both rhythmically and spacing, actually no idea what rhythm this is following or more like if it's following that backing synthetic strings, just ditch that it's not distinct at all and makes it play badly) same with 04:14:145 (1,2,3) - aand just nope at patterns like this 04:14:545 (4,5,6,7,8,9) - actually this section kinda just needs to be remapped until 04:19:725 (1) - after which stuff makes more sense It is supposed to follow the backing synthetic but it's pretty hard to do. I removed the weird 1/3 sliders and will try to work more on this part later
  9. 00:17:385 (1) - wrong kind of emphasis during this jump section from this on (partly because of the fucked up timing I guess). Here you have the stronger leading sounds mapped as the supporting sounds. Plays badly I'm not sure I got what you mean :/ is the timing fucked?
  10. 00:18:705 (2,3,4) - guitar sounds are 1/2, not like this. If you want you can map them with kicksliders tho, but the base sounds are 1/2 nevertheless so don't use 1/3 based rhythms fixed
  11. 00:22:545 (1) - I'm pretty sure there were a lot of sliders like these, which I guess are emphasising what you are wanting, but anyways you should change them so that the sliderends don't render important sounds not clickable such as the sound at 00:23:025 - changed this one, will look for similar sliders
  12. 00:34:425 (1,2,3,4,1) - weird flow cause by the change from back and forth to linear combined with the spacing changes, basically just add some angles to 00:34:785 (4,1) - and some distance (why not angle too) to 00:34:665 (3,4) - fixed
  13. 00:42:105 (1) - very weird place to begin stream, the vocals that could be used are at either one red tick back or forward (preferably back, patterning according to it will make more sense). The fact that the last one was according to them too makes this even more unintuitive. And well, that kinda fucks up the kiai stream patterning overall, 00:43:005 (16,17,18,19) - changing the kickslider focus from here to cover the vocal instead of leading to the vocals. Kiai stream structuring will overall need more work, I'd just drop unnecessary kickslider tricks and shit and just map more straightforward deathstreams with kickslider at steady intervals (for example one per measure or smth) since that's how the music sounds anyways the first stream you mentinoed was a mistake from me, the chorus streams are supposed to follow the vocals but it looks like there are multiple places where I screwed up like this. I will double check all of the chorus
  14. 00:52:065 (1,2,3) - linear flow like this doesn't work in the middle of a jump section when there's no clear reason to map it like this. Also no need for this kind of patterning of 3 notes? fixed
  15. 01:40:545 (6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - don't do this, also don't then in the middle of a solo jump section don't do low spacing linear stuff like from 01:41:385 - on. Also you can always follow the drums, but since it's solo I recommend you to map all of the 1/3 and stuff like what the solo guitar does, for example from 01:43:665 - on fixed
  16. 03:02:865 - oh yeah and also please map this break, it doesn't make too much sense done
  17. Dat screech from 03:48:945 - on tho PogChamp
  18. Visuals are going to need a lot of work too, but those can wait for now. Fix the things that are plain wrong rhythmically, then make a lot of your patterns make more sense as in how they reflect the music and then keep them consistent compared to each other.
Good luck!
Thanks a lot for your mod! you pointed out a lot of things I didn't pay much atention at first but I will definetly look into it!
TheKingHenry
  1. First of all, hitsounds. They might sound good with your skin, but then I suggest applying your skin's elements to the song folder so everyone has the same shit. Since atleast with my skin the long chorus streams don't sound too good, same with the claps at 00:47:985 - for example or the occasional sliderslider hitsounds. I mapped with the default skin so I don't really know how to put those sounds in the skin map :/ So it's kinda justs like adding custom hitsounds. Since it sounds like you haven't done that before either, I'll explain it too. To add custom hitsounds, you need to have hitsound files in the song folder (I'm pretty sure only .wav files are used/work). Basically get some sound file you want to use as your hitsound, name it something relevant (such as "soft-hitnormal") and drag it in the folder. The names work logically with first being the name of the overall hitsound system you are using (normal/soft/drum) and then after is what role it has (is it the hitnormal or hitclap or hitfinish etc.) More info on that kind of from for example here and many other places, just googling will get you a lot of help.
    Now then in your case you want to use your skins hitsounds. For that, just go to your osu! folder -> skins -> the skin you want the hitsounds from -> find the hitsounds you want to use -> copy them to the song folder (copy instead of moving or it's obviously going to fuck up your skin) -> profit (I don't think you will need to rename anything since you weren't using multiple custom sets, so the hitsounds will function with their own names.
  1. 00:17:385 (1) - wrong kind of emphasis during this jump section from this on (partly because of the fucked up timing I guess). Here you have the stronger leading sounds mapped as the supporting sounds. Plays badly I'm not sure I got what you mean :/ is the timing fucked? Okay so first of all dunno what went wrong with what not, but seems like you still have those timing points there (the first one is atleast in correct place now). But anyways, it's not really timing problem, you can see the problem with only the one timing point,
    So in your patterning, 00:17:385 (1,3,5) - are the leading objects flow-wise, 00:17:505 (2,4,6) - being lower spacing and kinda like "connected to the main object" so it's kinda like sorted in groups of 2. 00:18:105 (1,2,1,2) - - obviously work the same way, even stronger tho. So yeah that kind of patterning is okay, but currently, as you can see from the pic, the strong sounds are located on the red ticks, which obviously doesn't work since the music has the emphasis naturally on the white ticks. The problem lies in 00:17:265 (5) - which currently is linked to the last combo, while it is at the 1st white tick of the measure, should be NCd and thus should begin the next combo. Basically just delete 00:17:265 (5) - and move your jump patterns 1/2 backwards and it will fix it for now. You need to add object somewhere to even it out tho, and it would make most sense to have it between 00:18:585 (1,2) - (so basically where 00:18:585 (1) - is atm, since objects till that will be moved backwards.
Hopefully that clarified some things
Topic Starter
leosu
ok I got everything now I'll fix it all!
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.