forum

Any ideas to give my pen some more grip?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Eeyore-
I use a H420 and sometimes I hold the pen higher up. The plastic part. The problem is, my hands sweat like craaaazy when I play osu.

I was thinking I could wrap a bit of hockey tape around it but I was wondering if someone had a more elegant solution before I do that.
Rwyta
Stroke more dicks until you get a better grip.
Sandy Hoey

Eeyore- wrote:

I was thinking I could wrap a bit of hockey tape around it
Of course you have hockey tape lying around your house...

If you want real answers, going to G&R is your best bet. But at this point, just wait for someone to move it for you. There are also already posts there about sweating, just look them up
Hika
stop sweating
I've always held the pen a little higher tbh.
at one point I put electric tape to help.
Topic Starter
Eeyore-

Allmynamestaken wrote:

Stroke more dicks until you get a better grip.
bro, my hands are at max callus levels.

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Eeyore- wrote:

I was thinking I could wrap a bit of hockey tape around it
Of course you have hockey tape lying around your house...
eh?
levesterz
Replace the pen with one of the finger
SlowLogicBoy

Eeyore- wrote:

I use a H420 and sometimes I hold the pen higher up. The plastic part. The problem is, my hands sweat like craaaazy when I play osu.

I was thinking I could wrap a bit of hockey tape around it but I was wondering if someone had a more elegant solution before I do that.
I use G430 from XP-Pen and pen doesn't have any rubber etc.. it's all plastic so it is slippery, and I just got used to pen slipping and learned to adjust my pen in mid song and I no longer have certain grip for my pen, almost anything works. Also to help my sweating I use baby powder (any powder is good) for my hands and pen, it helps a lot (usually holds for a 5 - 6 songs)
Topic Starter
Eeyore-

SlowLogicBoy wrote:

I use G430 from XP-Pen and pen doesn't have any rubber etc.. it's all plastic so it is slippery, and I just got used to pen slipping and learned to adjust my pen in mid song and I no longer have certain grip for my pen, almost anything works. Also to help my sweating I use baby powder (any powder is good) for my hands and pen, it helps a lot (usually holds for a 5 - 6 songs)
Since posting I've actually developed a grip that 99% counters my issue.

It's hard to explain but I sort of pinch the pen with my thumb and indexfinger/ knuckle. That keeps it locked in place. And I have the tip of my index and middle/side of my middle finger lower down on the pen.

Where my thumb/knuckle sit is the balance point of the pen and is where I sort of pivot/manipulate the pen movement with my two fingers lower down. Pretty darn accurate like this too. Lots of wrist/finger movement, not much arm. I think I use a lower sens than most.

Originally I was holding it like I hold a normal pen. Tips of thumb, index and middle low on the pen. Lots of arm movement, not much wrist. My arm does a weird twitch thing sometimes anyway and makes me miss circles I shouldn't have.

Aaand, now that the sweat isn't a constant issue anymore I'm finding that my hands are sweating less. I guess cause it's not on my mind.