forum

Am I actually going wrong or not?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
I'm back after 6 days rest and welp I get this score :
DragonForce - Through the Fire and Flames[Myth] (200BPM, 6.02*)
94.14% acc (1854x/3220x)
5 miss
-11.86ms~12.28ms
This is my first A on the real deathstream map and a huge improvement on this map especially on acc, ur and miss count.
I've been practicing deathstream specifically for a long time, tho I'm rarely get A, I got 85-90 acc most of the time or even C.
So far I've only got decent amount of pp from 2 stream map (unlimitation and midnight siege) and overally my pp progression is super slow, I've stop caring wether I'm going wrong or not, what I know is that I have fun with it...
To be honest that score is kinda convincing me that I'm not going wrong although I'm still far from being able to fc it, but still this is an huge imrpovement anyway after a long time of no sign of improvement.
But what do you think about it? is this enough to prove that I'm not going wrong?
Just FYI
I could win easilly against someone around my rank or even above on deathstream map, but I shamefully lose against 15k on jump map, I swear I will get combobreak on kiai part on jump map unless I got lucky.
Roricon
ofcourse you are not going wrong lol, what's the point of asking this?
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
>slow pp progression
>stupid acc
>it takes too long to improve deathstream, this makes me think it's still too hard for me but I'm still playing it anyway because of fun.
N0thingSpecial

Ninonuko wrote:

>slow pp progression
>stupid acc
>it takes too long to improve deathstream, this makes me think it's still too hard for me but I'm still playing it anyway because of fun.
1. that just means you haven't farm
2. acc is farm
3. I can't even long stream 180 bpm
Roricon
streams were easy to fc but these jumps too hard QQ and half of the misses were at the end because i didnt realise the spinner was not the end haha
but yeh it takes a long time to get pp from deathstreams :/
DeathHydra
There's no right and wrong in a singleplayer game.

If you want pp, https://osu.ppy.sh/b/743896?m=0 might give you some, idk
Roricon
for stream pp you could try to copy some of this guys topscores he is around your rank and most of his plays are streamy https://osu.ppy.sh/u/makan1
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
He might be around my rank but his streaming skill is definitely way above my level I could tell, his top ranks are mostly stream while mine still mostly jump. I might be able to copy his top rank but it needs much effort and time.
I'm barely get A on Oceanus, he's already fc it ;_;

N0thingSpecial wrote:

1. that just means you haven't farm
2. acc is farm
3. I can't even long stream 180 bpm
Yep I'm rarely farm jump map since I've decided to choose deathstream path. But I'm still far away from being able to farm deathstream sadly.

DeathAdderz wrote:

There's no right and wrong in a singleplayer game.

If you want pp, https://osu.ppy.sh/b/743896?m=0 might give you some, idk
Actually more like I'm thinking that I was going into whack a mole path. I've stop caring about it tho but since that score happened I think "hey I might be not going into wrong path"
Roricon

Ninonuko wrote:

Actually more like I'm worrying about going into whack a mole path. I've stop caring about it tho but since that score happened I think "hey I might be not going into wrong path"
As long as you can still do low bpm you are fine don't become like me where this happens if i try to play slow streams https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7424201 QQ
Jukkii
I wouldnt say youre going wrong, 5 misses on that map means you can play it. Kinda atleast, that acc is well not bad, my 97% on my top plays was extremely lucky, and i think i couldnt get over 95% again. So youre doing good
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
Talking about lucky I might be a bit lucky getting 94% on it, I was just trying to warm up on this map, almost get second A with 93% but failed.
I guess I'm gonna stay away from this map for a while, because I don't want to get bad score on this map and lost confidence lol.
Sayorie
I don't see any significant problems here...
Kyrari
Can't really go wrong with learning something tbh, and learning deathstreaming is a lot harder than just getting lucky jumps on nomod PP farms. It'd probably take some time but it should be worth it later on.

And I wish I can bring myself to learn how to stream lul, I know I wouldn't be able to keep a decent combo on that map.
Sayorie
"Getting lucky jumps" is not a sign of getting good. Being consistent in streams is really hard, but being consistent with death jumps are also hard on their own accord. It's just that it is easier to farm jumps because they don't take much stamina compared to deathstreams.
Topic Starter
Ninonuko

Sayorie wrote:

I don't see any significant problems here...
hmmm... let me elaborate.
I'm a kind of player who like to play deathstream map most of the time despite I only got stupid acc (B quality acc, usually bellow 90%).
There's no noticeable improvement for a long time, then I started to play again yesterday after 6 days of rest and found a significant improvement, but still I've a long way to go for an fc.
Basically I think myself have been going into wrong way (whack a mole path) and I've been stop caring about it, even after that significant improvement I still doubt it a bit because it's still far away from fc.

VanillaSandvich wrote:

Can't really go wrong with learning something tbh, and learning deathstreaming is a lot harder than just getting lucky jumps on nomod PP farms. It'd probably take some time but it should be worth it later on.

And I wish I can bring myself to learn how to stream lul, I know I wouldn't be able to keep a decent combo on that map.
welp I was #5800 before I decided specifically practicing deathstream and the process makes you look like a casual player playing around with nf.
Sayorie
I didn't get pp for 3~4 months thus no noticeable improvement, until it just happened and I plowed through. Sometimes you just have to keep playing and time will come that you'll see the fruits of your consistent practice. I don't know if it works for you, but I just want to have fun, improvement comes second, and pp comes only later.