forum

Disgaea Discussion

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ampzz
Thought I'd find out how many other osu! players also enjoy a spot of the Disgaea series every now and then.

So to start it off, is anyone interested in the 4th upcoming Disgaea title known as A Promise Unforgotten?
Main link: http://disgaea.us/d4/index.html

From the looks of the main page at the official American site, we'll be seeing Laharl, Flonne (back in her angel look, not the prior fallen angel version) and Etna again which should be for some decent comedy. I think up the top-left of the group shot is Raspberyl as well but uncertain

I've found the new main characters in this (excluding Disgaea 2's Axel) to be fairly interesting from what their introduction stories are like with the main protagonists: Valvatorez being labelled as a 'tyrant vampire' and Vulcanus(?) as the 'thief angel' to fill in this title's couple set-up.

The main upgrade I'm looking forward to in this is the graphics overall compared to how dull the game run and how (honestly) crap Disgaea 3 looked on the big screen.

It'll be interesting to see which characters come back as DLC as well. Will they just be randomly added in or will their story for appearing this time around be actually interesting?
From the looks of it we're getting quite a few of the old favourites already which is good.
Source: http://disgaea.jp/4/news/vote.html

I do wonder if this will hit the Playstation Vita as well, since it'll be good to waste my time waiting on transport again in this game like I did (and still do) with my PSP for Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days.
Jarby
I've only played the first and third Disgaea games and I was frankly unimpressed at the lack of gameplay mechanic changes between the two. After watching the trailer for Disgaea 4, it seems like it will be more of the same once more. I was intrigued by the idea of my manliest fantasy coming true, but that's not big enough of a selling point for me. Speaking of which, I may as well link the trailer since it's the first thing anyone interested in the game would want to watch.

awp
When I saw the trailer for Disgaea 3 I was like oh neat they added a couple new things like the class world and monsters as weapons. Had I known about pirating, pirating Pirates, and pirating Pirate Pirating Pirate Pirates, I'd have been even more excited, but it didn't matter. It's a Disgaea game, I will like it.

The Disgaea 4 trailer completely blew me away though. That's the goal of a trailer, to make the game look better than it really is (Prototype did this VERY effectively) but at least they're stepping up the quality even more, not to mention the actual graphical engine for a fucking change of pace.

Yep, excited. Might even take time off work for it.
Quaraezha
Hardcore Disgaea fan here~

I've only played Disgaea 1 and 2 for the PSP however, (I don't own a PS2 or a PS3)

It's a shame really that I haven't played D3 yet, and there's the upcoming D4 too.

I just heard this silly rumor from wherever but I dunno
Disgaea 4's gonna have a 5 digit level cap? (99,999)
Topic Starter
ampzz
Reaching level 9999 was ridiculous enough, I didn't even both trying to track how long it took me originally to take a stock level 1 character and build them to reaching the initial 1000 marker (which turned into a default minimum character level lol), then tacking on the rest of the levels.

Two things I'm utterly thankful they included would have to be the Cave of Ordeals stage 4 (no one can ever bad mouth it) and the Land of Carnage, these additions made level grinding infinitely less time consuming, it was also partially enjoyable as well for building up character weapon skills as well.

I'm looking forward to running Asagi as one of my main party members again, she's just so awesome.
Fuka Kazamatsuri seems fairly hilarious as well, might be a new addition to my main line-up and something fresh for a change.

The new classes in Disgaea 4 seem fairly interesting:
- Android
- Battle Suits
- Onmyo Monks
- Professors
- Nekotama Guard (name to be confirmed/changed after the competition that NISA are holding via their site)
- and I think there was a Bouncer or something class as well

Really will be interesting to see if any of the weapons have lost their item ranks (introduction of new hyper weapons?) or if they'll remain unchanged.
Same can be said about the 'skills' for the weapons, classes and magic abilities.
Azure_Kite
Disgaea 4 will still only have a 9999 Level cap; Nippon Ichi already stated as such in one of their trailers.

I've played all three (Disgaea 1 on DS + PSP, Disgaea 2 on PSP and PS2, 3 - PS3, etc) And still enjoy the gameplay, even if it's the same core components.

Why? Because of the humor and enjoyability stemming from getting all those stat increasing items, those stupid endings you get when you beat a midboss when you're SUPPOSED to die, etc.

That and because all you'll ever really need is a level 2000 samurai with maxed out legendary gear and residents.

Am I the only one excited that there's a girl in a prinny suit, simply because the government didn't have the money to make her a full fledged prinny?
Topic Starter
ampzz

Azure_Kyte wrote:

Am I the only one excited that there's a girl in a prinny suit, simply because the government didn't have the money to make her a full fledged prinny?
That was beyond hilarious when I read it the first time from a translation an online friend quickly gave to me from when the information about Luka came out on the Japanese website.
I actually woke up one of my roommates which was quite funny as well.
Quaraezha

ampzz wrote:

Azure_Kyte wrote:

That was beyond hilarious when I read it the first time from a translation an online friend quickly gave to me from when the information about Luka came out on the Japanese website.
I actually woke up one of my roommates which was quite funny as well.
I had to laugh so hard when I heard about it too
But seriously, Fuuka is <3 (Although her official name is Fuka)

awp

Azure_Kyte wrote:

Asagi's already done this before

and HER prinny suit came with a bomb installed in it
Azure_Kite
She did!? Well, she'll never be a main character or anything, so she doesn't count.
Quaraezha
I'm not even sure if there will ever be a Makai Wars game.
Or will it forever be "that-game-that-got-cancelled"
What a running gag.
Pizzicato
I only play this game because of the story. too bad i dont own a PS3 for 3 and 4. :<
what's the difference of Disgaea 1 on PSP and PS2?
Quaraezha

Pizzicatto wrote:

what's the difference of Disgaea 1 on PSP and PS2?
PSP Version has a different voice actress for Etna (Better)
Has a few better stuff
Cameo appearances from Disgaea 2 Characters (Adell and Rozalin) in form of Boss Battle
And a few other shit, I can't remember what they are.

Azure_Kite
I think the PSP version had some extra maps in the Warp Gate. Could be wrong, though.
Topic Starter
ampzz
For a full (at least I think it is) list of the changes made from the PSP version of Disgaea you can check it out here: http://disgaea.wikia.com/wiki/Disgaea:_ ... f_Darkness

As far as I know, Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days has had the most notable amount of changes and additions without a resulting 'give and take' mantra that Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness suffered from.

Still a shame that the Americanised version of D2:DHD didn't get Dark Eclair, Gig and Miabel as DLC which was available to the Japanese PSN.
It would've made the game just that bit more enjoyable but thankfully they decided against loosely placing them in due to all the glitches and bugs these characters suffered from.
Haseo_old
My first Disgaea was the one on the DS....

Anyone played Soul Nomad?
Quaraezha

Most of the Nippon Ichi Software Games I want to play but is only available for the PS2 :(
Haseo_old
Soul Nomad was my first NIS game.

To top that off, Etna's the best loli ever.
Quaraezha
EVERYONE'S LOLI FOR ETNA
Haseo_old

Quaraezha wrote:

EVERYONE'S LOLI FOR ETNA
No love for the angel girl?
show more