forum

Disgaea Discussion

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ivalset
Jesus christ, forum full of bads.
Cyclone
It's ok, because after that i found out how OP heart cannon is.
foulcoon
I lost to fuka,not emizel. Also I'm at ep4 start, unable to play for a few days.
Bestelle
Oh hi, just got to Ep. 8. Not sure what level I should be, all I know is that my highest is a level 82 Fuka. She so pro.
lukewarmholiday
RL Link even though my senator voted no 4 times, the item you did give me turned into a feather token with an enforcer on it~
awp
Desco's better than Fuka

Just got to Laharl. I took down two of his minions but once he dual-wielded two Magichange Dragons his stats broke 6 digits and I was like yeah I'm not gonna win

my party averages about 1/5 of his minions levels so it was a bit much
lukewarmholiday
Were the main character evilities this crazy in D3?
LadySuburu

awp wrote:

Desco's better than Fuka
Yeah no.

Desco's amazing, but Fuka's even better. People just don't understand how to use her.
awp
Desco's evilities are so stacked. I get something like a 150% stat boost from her Evilities alone and her uniques are leagues better than Fuka's. I never used monster classes in any of the other Disgaea games but she's one of my favourite characters.

Not to mention it'll be nice to take advantage of Magichange with her around.
lukewarmholiday

awp wrote:

Desco's evilities are so stacked. I get something like a 150% stat boost from her Evilities alone and her uniques are leagues better than Fuka's. I never used monster classes in any of the other Disgaea games but she's one of my favourite characters.

Not to mention it'll be nice to take advantage of Magichange with her around.
I got my level 40 valvatorez in my first run up to about 5k attack on the avirus final map because of desco, I love desco.

Also apparently stat caps on weapons are fairly low(compared to what it would be if they werent capped) so fist weapons are the best weapons in the game because of the speed.(basically swords have a lot of spillover stats that get capped and arent used, while fists can hit the attack cap while having the speed)
Topic Starter
ampzz
Got my money back from the place I supposedly bought Disgaea 4 from which never showed up after a bit of emailing to and from...

Left with a decision I didn't bother with before: Do I get just the game by itself, or do I get the premium edition?
I can get the game for AU$57, premium for AU$65.

Anyone else get the premium edition?
awp
The soundtrack is great. If shipping wasn't like, 15 dollars, I would have pre-ordered it for that. Well, assuming I was clairvoyant and knew the soundtrack was that good. Since the premium edition also comes with the soundtrack, I'm tempted to recommend it. The figurine that comes with the premium is Fuka, right? She's probably my least favourite - next to that Thief Angel, perhaps - but eh, ymmv

I'd prefer a Flonne figurine, because Flonne is so awesome in Disgaea 4
Dieathan
While I do like the Disgaea series, I still haven't even beat the first one on PSP. Mainly because I've been too busy with other stuff to bother. And yet I still have to deal with Dissidia duodecim Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy X-2, XII, XIII and VII. Oh well, I'll get to the Disgaea 4 eventually.
Azure_Kite
Personally I think you're putting a little too much emphasis on playing Final Fantasy.

It's probably unhealthy.

So far I've got a lv 30's party; I'm at the beginning of Chapter 5. I just wanna slap Emizel. Desco and Fuka's relationship is adorable, and if I hear another Iwashi joke I'm gonna scream.
awp
I did the first post-postgame mission. It was very easy thanks to MoO 4 and a level 72 Fradarach (or whatever the highest-tier pre-pirating sword's called). Party was cranking out over a million damage a turn. Gonna have to Mana Grind to get to the next level though :(
lukewarmholiday

The one and only item world theme.
awp
Axel looks like a decent character but I actually feel guilty about leveling him up. Like, it'd be non-canon.
Ivalset
Okay, I am finally cool again.

I can't wait to rape face with my magic knight in HD.
awp
Get your senator to sit in on my bill and I can hook you up, bro
lukewarmholiday

Ivalset wrote:

Okay, I am finally cool again.

I can't wait to rape face with my magic knight in HD.
Cool, get into mumble since we had to abandon ventrillo because neo's university blocks it.
lukewarmholiday

awp wrote:

Axel looks like a decent character but I actually feel guilty about leveling him up. Like, it'd be non-canon.
fenrich + critically injured valvatorez is significantly better, apparently adell is king of fist users because of one of the skills he learns.
awp

lukewarmholiday wrote:

awp wrote:

fenrich + critically injured valvatorez is significantly better, apparently adell is king of fist users because of one of the skills he learns.
Adell was pretty OP in Disgaea 3. He has a unique S-level attack which is fire elemental. I used that for the majority of the post-game until I got a sword that cranked Laharl's stats.
lukewarmholiday
But yeah outside of those 2 axel is 3rd best.
awp
X-Dimension is a bitch in Disgaea 4. I've already hit 2 maps where my current party couldn't possibly win, due to certain tricks being necessary (Throw 7, Petanque Evil Aura). Not as straightforward as it was in Disgaea 3.
lukewarmholiday
Make a slime for throw 7, or do you actually need THROW 7.
awp
A slime is good enough. I have a slime tier 4 atm. With MoO4 unlocked you can level them pretty quickly. You don't actually need to level them, but you need to run down a ~30 tile path with obstacles so you'll also want to invest in some BarefootX or Accelerators.
Ivalset

awp wrote:

Get your senator to sit in on my bill and I can hook you up, bro
Hook me up, nigga.
lukewarmholiday
My face when everything gets confiscated
awp
Just cheesed the battle with Overlord Zetta and made him join my party. So OP.
Ivalset
"Dammit! I am a lady!"

Fuka owns.

Fuck, this entire game owns, so hard.
awp
Fuka won't shut up about her fucking "this is a dream" shtick and because of that I hate her.

I fuckin' love her old man though, that guy's a riot.
Ivalset
Actually, I get excited everytime Fenrich calls someone a bitch.

What a guy.
Bestelle
Considering that she's the only Prinny that retained her original form(with a hat) I don't blame her for thinking it's just a dream. Although she does get pretty annoying, also, what kind of dream lasts that long?
I still like her, though.
Ivalset
"Final Episode: Magic Knight Valvatorez etc etc..."

No wonder Valvatorez owns so much, he's secretly the best class in the disgaea series.
lukewarmholiday

Ivalset wrote:

"Final Episode: Magic Knight Valvatorez etc etc..."

No wonder Valvatorez owns so much, he's secretly the best class in the disgaea series.
get on mumble
Ivalset
Fuuck, okay

Wait, what the fuck is the mumble address and shit?
Quaraezha
Bumping with GREAT JUSTICE!
The Japanese trailer for Disgaea D2 (Dimension 2) has been released!
Bringing back the original cast: Laharl with longer shorts, Etna with a shorter skirt and Fallen Angel Flonne!

awp
I stumbled upon that when trying to remember what Pleinair's name was a couple days ago. Evidently, the girl in the bottom right (just above the fire mage, next to the Angel) is of Laharl's relation.

I don't think it's a re-make, but more of an "Alternate Universe Reboot". They'll likely take a few cracks at how everything is a reboot these days

oh right, Flonne wasn't a fallen angel until the end of Disgaea 1 anyway
Aoriki
I like how they upgraded the graphics from the first one. Etna is now wearing panties as far as I can see (instead of those shorts she use to wear)
Also, should Laharl be a prinny of was I the only one that got that ending?
awp
Laharl becomes a prinny at some point, but I don't remember which timeframe in the Disgaea canon that is (given that there are also multiple "proper" endings to each game, it's a bit vague as to which one is canon in and of itself).

From what I recall, there's a huge war that takes place some time after Disgaea 1 that Laharl is killed in, and that's when he becomes a Prinny (that one ending from Disgaea 1/the anime is not the 'canon' event that turns Laharl into a Prinny). Etna tries to work him exceedingly hard so that he'll become a demon again more quickly, but he still retains his selfishness and arrogance as a Prinny so idk where that goes.

But he's still a demon in Disgaea 2, 3 and 4, so I have no idea where in the timeline the war takes place. I haven't played Prinny: CIRBTH 2 so if more light was shed on the subject in that one, that'd be good.
show more