forum

Nekomata Master feat. Shimotsuki Haruka - Element of SPADA

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Krowzin
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, June 23, 2019 at 6:11:06 AM

Artist: Nekomata Master feat. Shimotsuki Haruka
Title: Element of SPADA
Source: beatmania IIDX
BPM: 170
Filesize: 2893kb
Play Time: 02:04
Difficulties Available:
  1. Legacy (4.82 stars, 424 notes)
Download: Nekomata Master feat. Shimotsuki Haruka - Element of SPADA
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Some rhythm and hitsounds copied from Freys set
Kawa
Random short NM from #modreqs o/

I don't have much experience in modding so don't take everything I say at face value~

General

1. Maybe change the offset to 480. 473 sounds a bit early to me but I could be wrong.
  2. Your kiai sections aren't snapped
  3. You're using custom samplesets without using any custom hitsounds.
  4. You should uncheck "Widescreen Support" and "Display epilepsy warning" in Song Setup since your map doesn't use a storyboard (Not yet at least).

Legacy

1. I suggest you try to stay consistent with the NCs by keeping them on downbeats (big white ticks) unless there's sudden slider velocity changes. I noticed this quite often throughout the entire diff.

2. 00:22:355 (3,1) - The jump here seems a bit big and 3 could flow into 1 better. Maybe try rotating 3 by around 25° clockwise.
  3. 00:25:531 (3) - There's a strong beat on the slidertail that's ignored if you keep the slider at 1/1 length. You could change the slider to 1/2 and add a hitcircle or another slider to the white tick. (This way you'll emphasize the beat with an active click rather than a passive sliderend).
    Same goes here:
    00:31:884 (3) -
    00:48:825 (1) -
    01:39:650 (4) -
    01:58:356 (2) - This one is debatable since you mapped the vocals
  4. 00:41:944 (1,2) - Similar to the 1/1 sliders mentioned above, these 1/2 sliders end on a stronger sound than they start. You could shift them around to start on white ticks and end on red.
  5. 01:03:296 (3,4) - These 2 sliders are mapped to silence. While they play nicely and fit with the rest, I don't think they really belong here since there's no sound in the song that supports them.
  6. 01:04:708 (5) - I would CTRL + G this for better flow.
  7. Hitsounding sounds a bit messy in several parts with Whistles being placed on either every note (00:18:472 - -> 00:20:414 - ) or every sliderend (00:14:943 - -> 00:18:472 - ) and Finishes being placed in irregular rhythms. Some sections don't even have any hitsounds despite being the same as the rest (00:21:649 - -> 00:27:649 - ). You could add more diversity to hitsounds by also using Claps.
    There's always different ways you could use hitsounds. One way of doing it is for example by placing Whistles on kicks in and Claps on snares in the song.

I hope you find this helpful~ Good luck!
Topic Starter
Krowzin

Kawa wrote:

Random short NM from #modreqs o/

I don't have much experience in modding so don't take everything I say at face value~

General

1. Maybe change the offset to 480. 473 sounds a bit early to me but I could be wrong.
  2. Your kiai sections aren't snapped
  3. You're using custom samplesets without using any custom hitsounds.
  4. You should uncheck "Widescreen Support" and "Display epilepsy warning" in Song Setup since your map doesn't use a storyboard (Not yet at least).

Legacy

1. I suggest you try to stay consistent with the NCs by keeping them on downbeats (big white ticks) unless there's sudden slider velocity changes. I noticed this quite often throughout the entire diff.

2. 00:22:355 (3,1) - The jump here seems a bit big and 3 could flow into 1 better. Maybe try rotating 3 by around 25° clockwise.
  3. 00:25:531 (3) - There's a strong beat on the slidertail that's ignored if you keep the slider at 1/1 length. You could change the slider to 1/2 and add a hitcircle or another slider to the white tick. (This way you'll emphasize the beat with an active click rather than a passive sliderend).
    Same goes here:
    00:31:884 (3) -
    00:48:825 (1) -
    01:39:650 (4) -
    01:58:356 (2) - This one is debatable since you mapped the vocals
  4. 00:41:944 (1,2) - Similar to the 1/1 sliders mentioned above, these 1/2 sliders end on a stronger sound than they start. You could shift them around to start on white ticks and end on red.
  5. 01:03:296 (3,4) - These 2 sliders are mapped to silence. While they play nicely and fit with the rest, I don't think they really belong here since there's no sound in the song that supports them.
  6. 01:04:708 (5) - I would CTRL + G this for better flow.
  7. Hitsounding sounds a bit messy in several parts with Whistles being placed on either every note (00:18:472 - -> 00:20:414 - ) or every sliderend (00:14:943 - -> 00:18:472 - ) and Finishes being placed in irregular rhythms. Some sections don't even have any hitsounds despite being the same as the rest (00:21:649 - -> 00:27:649 - ). You could add more diversity to hitsounds by also using Claps.
    There's always different ways you could use hitsounds. One way of doing it is for example by placing Whistles on kicks in and Claps on snares in the song.

I hope you find this helpful~ Good luck!
OOOoo thank you for the mod! Everything in general has been fixed besides the offset (sounds fine to me)

I fixed the CTRL+G, but, regarding everything else, all rejected :x The rhythm I pretty much copied directly from Freys rank set so I don't want to change anything like that. The hitsounds and NCs are a mess right now yeah, gotta fix that!

Sorry that I didn't make a proper reply to the mod I just didn't want to make a wall of red lol :S
Boruma
Legacy
01:04:179 (2,3,4) - The start of this triple seems to be just a grid coordinate right too far imo. (on most detailed grid)
Everything else flows extremely well.
Seems you still have kiai time unsnapped.

Sorry. I couldn't think of anything else that could improve your map. Also, you need more difficulties.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.