forum

[resolved] Downloaded the files for cutting edge but osu crashes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fresalia
Problem Details:
I'm using windows 7.All drivers are updated.I downloaded the files needed for cutting edge and told me to restart Osu,it would only open Osu Updater then afte the updater has finished it would give me the message "Osu Crashed".I already tried opening the configuration window by holding Shift when osu is startingand it doesn't work.I need help on how to open Osu again.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20160403.6
Upskirt
When opening osu! hold shift and click the osu! logo in the updater.

Change the release stream to Stable(Latest) and make sure you repair your client also. If there is any error message in the crash(there should be) then post the output.

Topic Starter
Fresalia
I can't seem to to that,wherever I hold Shift and click the osu! logo in the updater it just doesn't work for somehow
Upskirt
Run the repair shortcut in your osu! directory.
Topic Starter
Fresalia
I don't actually have a repair shorcut on my directory,is it like downloadable?
Upskirt
Take a screenshot of your osu! directory and post it.
Topic Starter
Fresalia
Upskirt

Make a shortcut of the osu!.exe and put -config at the end of the shortcut line to run the repair.
Topic Starter
Fresalia
Where do I actually make that shortcut.I'm a noob at this and it's my first time encountering this.
Dntm8kmeeatu
Do you get prompted with an error? Or a Crying Pippi? if so click her and post the crash logs here.
Topic Starter
Fresalia
#=qKuF8AA7XClc_$z0n2tL1I9MaWs_ETEGP7fntj6GrEknDfLQi9fMT2roeynuvEVXs: No available GL context found. ---> OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: Failed to initialize EGL, error NOT_INITIALIZED.
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglWindowInfo..ctor(IntPtr handle, IntPtr display, IntPtr surface)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateWindowInfo(IAngleWindowInfoInternal window_info, Int32 major, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at #=q62WG$SgM3D08Xv7oR9JDv4y4WWH0P5s0T3ikx4YQMnOuKOKGC9zBgcWYYLjHRHYw.#=qJPWt1d71Zbnl4cM_PY4clg==(Int32 #=qMzRTDuPXVMwAcGFjO3TRGA==, Int32 #=qcsnYms_uJcT0EjnXQvHT6g==, GraphicsContextFlags #=qW0pJnpFaBrWJYkekVQiDyw==)
at #=qPYhrMRvumcXcpmjc_U$GxKQneMYkx2XNYWpehi6NEerBLpa5Js0EdHo4trdQHlhZ.#=qApVVATgPq$wyo1FLOf7K__PbjzRyhJyxibHm5twOa2M=(GraphicsContextFlags #=qW0pJnpFaBrWJYkekVQiDyw==)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at #=qPYhrMRvumcXcpmjc_U$GxKQneMYkx2XNYWpehi6NEerBLpa5Js0EdHo4trdQHlhZ.#=qApVVATgPq$wyo1FLOf7K__PbjzRyhJyxibHm5twOa2M=(GraphicsContextFlags #=qW0pJnpFaBrWJYkekVQiDyw==)
at #=qPYhrMRvumcXcpmjc_U$GxKQneMYkx2XNYWpehi6NEerBLpa5Js0EdHo4trdQHlhZ.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=qjLrqV0O24cMjIYBw6ZM3tQ==)
at #=qxvydENMsxbXDoHHMMIOKiplFtFkT1Ii9wlC$zh2VnSnUtaYoT_Th3Y5H1lWL0eFs.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=qjLrqV0O24cMjIYBw6ZM3tQ==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at #=qUJXhuz7n_9YlLj4rkuNZUi$sMIRr3FcUDAzX_8M_jis=.WndProc(Message& #=qmT7V9MJpdU4h_Aj8cOI4lg==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Topic Starter
Fresalia
#=qKuF8AA7XClc_$z0n2tL1I9MaWs_ETEGP7fntj6GrEknDfLQi9fMT2roeynuvEVXs: No available GL context found. ---> OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: Failed to initialize EGL, error NOT_INITIALIZED.
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglWindowInfo..ctor(IntPtr handle, IntPtr display, IntPtr surface)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateWindowInfo(IAngleWindowInfoInternal window_info, Int32 major, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at #=q62WG$SgM3D08Xv7oR9JDv4y4WWH0P5s0T3ikx4YQMnOuKOKGC9zBgcWYYLjHRHYw.#=qJPWt1d71Zbnl4cM_PY4clg==(Int32 #=qMzRTDuPXVMwAcGFjO3TRGA==, Int32 #=qcsnYms_uJcT0EjnXQvHT6g==, GraphicsContextFlags #=qW0pJnpFaBrWJYkekVQiDyw==)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at #=qPYhrMRvumcXcpmjc_U$GxKQneMYkx2XNYWpehi6NEerBLpa5Js0EdHo4trdQHlhZ.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=qjLrqV0O24cMjIYBw6ZM3tQ==)
at #=qxvydENMsxbXDoHHMMIOKiplFtFkT1Ii9wlC$zh2VnSnUtaYoT_Th3Y5H1lWL0eFs.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=qjLrqV0O24cMjIYBw6ZM3tQ==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at #=qUJXhuz7n_9YlLj4rkuNZUi$sMIRr3FcUDAzX_8M_jis=.WndProc(Message& #=qmT7V9MJpdU4h_Aj8cOI4lg==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Upskirt
What video driver version are you using?
Topic Starter
Fresalia
Upskirt
Perhaps Cutting Edge requires a newer version of OpenGL to run. You should swap to Stable and not use Cutting Edge.

Right click the osu!.exe and create shortcut then right click edit the properties and add -config like I showed in the screenshot.
Arnold0
This Graphics Chipset doesn't support Open GL 2.0 wich is required for both Cutting edge and Stable to run. You'll need to get a graphics card supporting OpenGL 2.0 or switch back to fallback.
Topic Starter
Fresalia
Thanks for the help guys now osu works properly :) :)
Gadder_old
Sorry, I'm looking for download files. Where can I download osu! cutting edge?
Death
You can switch to cutting edge in osu!'s options by searching for "Release Stream" and selecting it from the dropdown. It will download a few files and then ask you to restart the game.

Please also try to avoid bumping old, resolved threads in the future.