forum

Hierophobic - Introduction

posted
Total Posts
show more
OzzyOzrock
Be warned, what I say it is might not have been his intention.
And quite frankly, I could be wrong.

[lepidon! - Taiko Oni]
00:21:099 (33,34,35,36) - 1/3
00:22:699 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - 1/3
00:24:699 (13,14) - 1/3
00:26:299 (21,22,23,24) - 1/3
00:29:099 (2,3,4,5) - 1/3*
00:57:899 (2,3,4,5) - 1/3*
01:01:133 (21,22,23,24) - 1/3*

* = I could be wrong. And may very well be.

I'd recommend asking him though~
lepidopodus
HP + 1 as I'm trying raising HP in my recent maps to 6.

I think 00:21:099 (33,34,35,36) are 1/3, so I fixed them. Others, I'm not quite sure yet. I think there are several more notes like that, so I'll check those things again as soon as I can.

Download: Hierophobic - Introduction (LunaticMara) [lepidon! - Taiko Oni].osu
D33d
Fixed the combos and approach rate. I'll admit that I was still a bit too used to making harder difficulties, for which combos tend not to last as long in a temporal sense.

Download: Hierophobic - Introduction (LunaticMara) [Deedophobic].osu
Topic Starter
Mara
Alright, uploaded changes.
Your message is too short.
James2250
I take a random request from #modreqs for the first time in ages and it happens to be zelda.....awesome :P

-I suggest you make the dark green combo color into something slightly lighter, or it can be hard to see against the black background at times
-The background could be more colorful for a zelda related song, but up to you

Deedophobic:
-Looks good

Normalphobic:
-Sounds very monotone with basically no hitsounds (hoping you are still planning on adding some more) but everything else checks out nicely

lepidon! - Taiko Oni:
The volume actually sounds pretty low compared to the song at the moment, turn it up slightly more? (especially during the kiai)

Crazyphobic:
-Needs hitsoundsssss
00:41:233 - sounds odd without a note here
01:03:933 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - spacing should be consistent between these 3

LunaticMara wrote:

because I think it sounds better without claps or whistles

Nope :P, needs something more to help keep it interesting for players (at least that's what I think) just a few claps in a rhythm like Easy has wouldn't hurt

What ever happened to my BAT star....oh well have a kudosu star~
Mukku
Normal with hitsound modding. If it is pure shit and you don't like, change things around a bit.

Download: Hierophobic - Introduction (LunaticMara) [Normalphobic].osu
D33d
I've fixed my difficulty at the start, because it had some weird spacings which made shit look wonky. I was sick of it. MY SHIT MUST BE PERFECT.

Download: Hierophobic - Introduction (LunaticMara) [Deedophobic].osu
lepidopodus
Fixed. Also, some 1/4 <--> 1/3.

And this post isn't that short orz

Download: Hierophobic - Introduction (LunaticMara) [lepidon! - Taiko Oni].osu
TicClick
Hitsounds help, as requested.
Well, you know why I added this spoiler.
Topic Starter
Mara
Added every damn .osu you guys uploaded.

I also refuse to change the BG because it's BG made by artist himself. It looks better that way IMO. But I did everything else you asked. @James
D33d
Yeah, there is no reason to change the background. It's a hardstyle track; not a Nintendo original.
Sallad4ever
Hi LunaticMara :D

[Deedophobic]
The only thing that I found strange from this diff is how you only give the whistle on the slider slide. For example:
00:17:633 (5) -
00:19:233 (1) -
I found it better if you at least give the start/end a whistle too just like what you did on:
00:37:233 (3) -
00:59:233 (2) - this one is very suitable with the music
And it's probably me being picky but I suggest you to make the whistle hitsound to be consistent. This rhythm you used might be a bit different, but the part after break is basically a loop so imo it'll be more interesting if you give the at least the same hitsound

[Normalphobic]
I'm actually fine with this using majority of 1/1 beat, mostly because I find the hitsound is pretty interesting. How you mix using normal - soft sound is very nice~
My suggestions for this diff are:
- Try using a normal - hitwhistle. From Deedophobic I found that it sounds great for this music, but using too many hitsound might make it bad so you may want to be careful
- Make the sliders more neat. For example on 00:25:233 (4), you can try and make it so the curve match with 00:23:633 (2)'s outline
01:34:433 (1) - The other 2 diffs use finish so maybe give this one too

[Crazyphobic]

00:16:033 (1,2) - could you make these so it have a better curve? maybe something like this (yeah I'm not very good at this either)
00:22:733 (x) - maybe add a note here. Because of the music I always thought 00:22:633 (2,3) is a 1/4 jump
00:31:233 (6) - imo it's better to either to stack this under 5 or unstack the previous circles. The current pattern doesn't look very neat
00:36:033 (1,2,3,4) - same as 00:16:033 (1,2) something like this?
00:39:633 (1) - add whistle at the start
01:19:633 (1,2,3,4) - I suggest to use 1.2x DS just like the previous 1/3 beat similar to this
I highly suggest to make the sliders more prettier

The other 3 diffs are great but unfortunately Crazyphobic diff are very messy. If you can make the pattern more prettier, please do so
Good Luck with your map amd ~star
Topic Starter
Mara
I suck at making good looking sliders :| I ignored those sliders for now, I'd like to get some help with them.

But everything else fix'd. Thanks.
Sallad4ever
if you want I can help you make them slider still, I am not as good as Krisom or Gonzvlo
Topic Starter
Mara
If you can show slider points of those what you made, I would be happy.

Or if you prefer sending .osu, that's alright too.
Sallad4ever
Here I've remade some of the curve sliders
Download: Hierophobic - Introduction (LunaticMara) [Crazyphobic].osu
I only change the sliders but it's better to double check in case I carelessly change something. No need for kudosu~
I hope this is good for you
Topic Starter
Mara
Better than good. Thanks a lot for helping!

Time to get MAT/BAT in here.
Lizbeth
Zelda<333

Crazyphobic
00:22:633 (2,3,4) - wrong spacing there, 3 and 4 shouldn't have same distance between them as 1 and 2. Should look like: http://puu.sh/5i40

Suggestions
00:10:733 (1) - move to prev red tick, I think sounds better~
00:13:933 (1) - same as above
00:17:133 (1) - ^
00:58:733 (2) - remove note
01:00:733 (1) - replace by a single circle at 01:00:833 -
01:01:533 - add note here?
01:13:833 - ^
01:17:633 (2) - End this slider on prev red tick
01:19:633 (1,2,3,4) - this sounds off

Other diffs are fine~

Prrs~
Topic Starter
Mara
Fixed almost everything you mentioned.

ignore
Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.
Lizbeth
Can't complain, Happy Birthday... a bit early though ^^' <3
James2250

LunaticMara wrote:

I also refuse to change the BG because it's BG made by artist himself. It looks better that way IMO@James
That's fine then.

Sounds "much" better with some more hitsounds added throughout the difficulties, everything else looks good
Consider this your birthday present from me :P

Ranked~
Zelos
HELLZ YES!
mochi
how did this garbage get ranked?
Topic Starter
Mara
It's not garbage.

SPOILER
It's an art.
Sallad4ever
Obligatory congratulation both on the ranked map and the Birthday :)
Mismagius

qilliam wrote:

how did this garbage get ranked?
Judging by your favourite beatmaps, you don't really have the right to say that ;p
Waryas
Too bad the map isn't as good as the remix.
Or should i say the remix isn't as bad as the map
NatsumeRin
i don't know anything but...
i think it's 2011.09 now, not 2009.11
Mismagius
nevermind my previous post, this map is just

uh it's okay

until the hardest diff
Topic Starter
Mara
ok
Azure_Kite
Lepi's Taiko Oni:

00:20:299 (28) - Should be snapped to the blue tick in 1/4, not 1/3.

i.e. this really should be fixed, as it's an off-beat note.
Topic Starter
Mara
Alright. Let's unrank this for a moment, let's fix that thing (and few things from that hardest difficulty, if BD and Jesus likes to tell details).
jericho2442
unranked for the fixes then, glad we found it and lets get this fixed and ranked again ;D
lepidopodus
I guess LM did some kind of mistake when updating the diff.

To the next MAT/BAT: Please double check that every notes in Taiko diff are placed in right beat. I checked before, but I might be wrong.
ziin

LunaticMara wrote:

(and few things from that hardest difficulty, if BD and Jesus likes to tell details).
Well since you're asking, I can shed some light one what I don't like about it, and why it's below average for me. Keep in mind a lot of this is because of the song, and the fact that it's not really designed for an expert difficulty. I'm also going to be incredibly picky in order to show you that you would need to do a lot different in order to make it "good" in my eyes.

[general]
1.0x spacing on 150 BPM and 2.0 slider velocity makes the streams abnormally large, which is why people generally use compressed streams.
The note placement seems haphazard. I do not mind this so much, but some people do not like random beatmaps, and in most cases a well thought out symmetrical map looks and plays better than a random one.
00:10:633 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - this is not symmetrical.
00:18:833 (1) - not only are these 1/3, but they look like 1/2 because of the 1.2x spacing.
01:22:833 (3) - just an example of the ugly sliders found in the map

So the BPM 150 means it's too fast for 1 finger, and just awkwardly slow for 2 finger. The spacing in the map makes it genuinely unfun to play, and normally one finger is easier for this type of spacing.

Finally, I'm a bit disappointed there's not a more centralized theme in the map. It's zelda, and there's a tri-force in the background, so I would have liked to see more equilateral triangle patterns and such. Poinsettia is a good example of a map which uses a lot of a theme (in its case, 5 point stars, which everyone loves).

It's not worth a remap or anything like that, especially not after it was just ranked. These are just some things to think about.

Don't get me wrong, there's a difference between a rankable beatmap and a good beatmap. I just think you should be expecting a lot of people to vote it down and probably average in the low 8s, because I do not enjoy playing this beatmap due to the awkward difficutly, and I think a lot of people feel the same way.

So gogo rerank.
Topic Starter
Mara
Thanks ziin, I'll start working on it when I get back home.

ignore
Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.
ziin
Wait at least until someone else agrees with me (or you agree with me), or someone disagrees with me on the matter before you rerank or remap it. I'm not any sort of authority on the matter, and there should be plenty of people who really did like it, though they may not be vocal about it. Regardless of how much I liked or disliked the map, it was rankable.
Mismagius
In my opinion, the note placement on the hardest difficulty is just RIDICULOUS. You basically have to turn your cursor 270° sometimes while doing a spaced 150BPM 1/4 stream then right after that you have to do a 1/3 very spaced stream. It's just terrible to play. I liked the other difficulties, though.
Waryas
its just the stream spacing it forced me to use one finger. And 150 1/4 and one finger = terrible accuracy for me
It was terribly awkward to play and didn't feel like a 2011 map. If you want to use that kind of spacing maybe you should do circle size a bit bigger?
Zelos
Dang it. oh wellz.

show more