forum

My quest for perfect skin

posted
Total Posts
show more
Roricon
1. simple skin with minimal distractions
2. i have been using the same skin ever since i started (https://youtu.be/FHcVnIR46UU)
3. just simplified an existing skin (I think it was called nikov5?)
4. dunno any skin that works for me?
CaptainAhab_old
I'm planning on sticking with osu!taiko primarily, but all it took was finding the most minimalist skin possible: t/222068/start=0

It's clean and it works quite nicely. I'm not sure how you can get "bored" with a skin if your primary purpose is for readability and function over form. Why not just pick a skin that works for you – or chop up some skins and slam 'em together to get your personal "perfect" skin – and stick with it?
Topic Starter
SlowLogicBoy

CaptainAhab wrote:

I'm not sure how you can get "bored" with a skin if your primary purpose is for readability and function over form.
I like to enjoy the game, not just rank, and when I changed my skin it felt like I'm playing brand new game and excitement started all over. When I get bored with the game I no longer play it (at least for a while), I don't want to stop playing osu! so that was kind of 50:50 to change skin or just stop playing.

Of course readability was one of the primary things, but after I had that, I saw that it got boring, so that's why I drifted to another skin.

P.S. dang it can't see screenshots of your skin ^^
CaptainAhab_old

SlowLogicBoy wrote:

CaptainAhab wrote:

I'm not sure how you can get "bored" with a skin if your primary purpose is for readability and function over form.
I like to enjoy the game, not just rank, and when I changed my skin it felt like I'm playing brand new game and excitement started all over. When I get bored with the game I no longer play it (at least for a while), I don't want to stop playing osu! so that was kind of 50:50 to change skin or just stop playing.

Of course readability was one of the primary things, but after I had that, I saw that it got boring, so that's why I drifted to another skin.

P.S. dang it can't see screenshots of your skin ^^
I gotcha. Yeah I can't see screenshots of it either... odd. Might be worth giving it a download and checking it out in any case. Keep in mind I use it solely for taiko though.
Topic Starter
SlowLogicBoy

CaptainAhab wrote:

I gotcha. Yeah I can't see screenshots of it either... odd. Might be worth giving it a download and checking it out in any case. Keep in mind I use it solely for taiko though.
I definitely will!
_handholding

SlowLogicBoy wrote:

1. No weeb
I suggest playing a different game
Topic Starter
SlowLogicBoy

Kisses wrote:

SlowLogicBoy wrote:

1. No weeb
I suggest playing a different game
I like weeb, but not in the skin ^^. And I no longer care because myself I have applause and fail sounds weeb'ed.

P.S. Who is that girl in your avatar? Maki Nishikino right?
_handholding

SlowLogicBoy wrote:

P.S. Who is that girl in your avatar? Maki Nishikino right?
yup ;)
Kyrari
How frequently you change your skin?
I just use one skin and add things up tbh, make some copies so I can always revert to any versions after many revisions.

What would be your "perfect" skin?
Menu -> filled with best grills and fine ladies
Gameplay -> I can see circles, usually I just take pro player skins for this part only
Other stuffs -> filled with best grills and fine ladies
Pishifat's hello there as your welcome.wav is a must.
And bright Gokuri cursor is also a must, my favourite cursor that I use in every skin tbh.

Maybe can tell your stories about how you found your skin?
>reddit osugame
>erogemaster225
>downloads skin
N0thingSpecial
1. If I get pp using it. Which I'm currently using Garin's crystallized
2. Pretty much never, unless I lost all my skin which happened before
3. Cringy me decided that it would be a memey idea to play the map crystallized with the skin crystallized. Then I actually did good and been using it since
4. Pretty much anything is a perfect skin as long it has clear circles and a bright cursor, that's why I also use cookiezi's skin occasionally
Topic Starter
SlowLogicBoy

N0thingSpecial wrote:

1. If I get pp using it. Which I'm currently using Garin's crystallized
2. Pretty much never, unless I lost all my skin which happened before
3. Cringy me decided that it would be a memey idea to play the map crystallized with the skin crystallized. Then I actually did good and been using it since
4. Pretty much anything is a perfect skin as long it has clear circles and a bright cursor, that's why I also use cookiezi's skin occasionally
Dang c r y s t a l l i z e d [HD/SD] [STD/MNA/TKO] skin is dope, I will need to try that.

You are so special! ^^
Caput Mortuum
1. Anything that doesn't make me look weird in public, because my pc is in the living room lol
2. I have two skins, I change between them whenever I'm bored
3. FunOrange gave me the idea to make the sliderfollowcircle combo-colored :d
4. Well, I don't really stay on one skin, even sometimes I don't like the looks of my own skin. So there's no "perfect" skin for me.
Endaris
1. Criteria:
  1. Easily recognisable numbers
  2. Distinct combo colors
  3. Hitcircle has no fully transparent parts
  4. Non-obscuring v2 spinner
  5. Cursor trail
  6. Unobtrusive menus
2. Rarely, I'm mainly switching between two skins of which one is a patchworked one and the other is a customized default which is just as good and in my eyes preferable for FL.

3. I started with WWW1.6 and then replaced elements in small steps until I reached the point where I figured it would be worth to patchwork something from scratch in order to get some optic uniformity and overall nice looks.

4. the one i use
Sayorie
1. Minimal, optimized for HD play
>no follow-points (alternate skin has it present)
>distinct slider body color
>dots instead of hitcircle numbers
2. If I see some possible changes that can help my game
3. Made piece-by-piece
4. What I have right now. I won't settle until I'm contended with the skin I have.
vinnicci
7ambda
Anything that doesn't look like this is fine.

NSFW

not taken by me obviously
Topic Starter
SlowLogicBoy

F1r3tar wrote:

Anything that doesn't look like this is fine.

NSFW

not taken by me obviously
That's what I mean by saying no weeb ^^.
I Give Up

SlowLogicBoy wrote:

I ask you for guidance:
  1. What are/was your criterias?
  2. How frequently you change your skin?
  3. Maybe can tell your stories about how you found your skin?
  4. What would be your "perfect" skin?
1. Minimalist skin with high visual impact yet clean contrast so its easy on the eyes when playing in dim light.
2. I don't change skin, I have a base skin then every few months I change elements with other skins that I like.
3. I made it. Link/story in profile.
4. The idea is in my head but I haven't been able to make it yet because waiting for full skin-able menu update for almost 2 years now.
-Makishima S-
Perfect skin - WWW ver 1.7

ty

This opinion comes from someone who need to turn HD on 99% of skins due not being able to read through stacking approach circles and blur effect after it is clicked.
mulraf
did this years ago already
i don't know what you mean with no sliderends but i definitely got the rest

https://www.sendspace.com/file/s7qh6m

- no numbers
- no countdown at the beginning
- not to ugly imho
- circle has a pattern you can see well
- based on the logo of a metal band (freedom call) so no weeb
- reduced kiai for taiko to make it less bad to look at
- pure black bg

idk should work for what you're looking for.

edit: oh, just saw that wasn't your original question. well. maybe you'll like it nevertheless idk :o

1. the same - no distractions and a good visibility of the elements. but still not like a really tardy design but something at least ok
2. never
3. made it myself. some parts are by me but ~70% are random elements from other's skins that's why i can't put it into the skins forum D:
4. idk i guess the one i have now. sometimes i think the mouse thingy looks a bit weird but i just play better with it than with a sphere (maybe since i'm used to it?) so i'm keeping it i guess.
Topic Starter
SlowLogicBoy

mulraf wrote:

edit: oh, just saw that wasn't your original question. well. maybe you'll like it nevertheless idk :o
Those questions are guidelines to what I want ^^. Answered perfectly! Thanks.
dung eater
criteria:
good for 0% dim vids
cursor very visible and easy to keep track of
circles visible, simple approach circles

i edit my skins often and a skin usually doesn't last as a good one for long, some elements do last tho
johnmedina999
For standard, any skin is fine with me as long as it doesn't leave circles behind when you click on a hitcircle.