forum

Elixir [STD]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Skulkan

Download v1.1

Watch the introduction video to see Elixir in action.

Screenshots
Main menu

Song select

Mod select

Ranking

Gameplay

Spinner

Hitcircle style 2

Hitcircle style 3

Hitcircle style 4
Customizations
Elixir includes 4 different hitcircle styles and various other customizations. They are located in the "Customizations" folder. Most of them can be enabled by copy-pasting the files into the main folder. Each customizable element has the default element in a separate folder, so that you don't have to worry about creating backups.

Here is a list of all the customizations and instructions for enabling them.

cursor

Long trail
A long, yellow, dotted cursortrail. Enable by copy-pasting files into the main folder.

No trail (default)
No cursor trail. Enable by copy-pasting files into the main folder.

Short trail
A short, yellow cursortrail. Enable by copy-pasting files into the main folder and deleting "cursormiddle.png".

followpoint

Animated (default)
A followpoint that starts out thick and quickly becomes thin before fading out. Enable by copy-pasting files into the main folder.

No trail (default)
A basic line followpoint that doesn't change thickness. Enable by copy-pasting the files into the main folder and deleting files between "followpoint-9.png" and "followpoint-23.png". To make the followpoint thicker or thinner, you can replace files between "followpoint-3.png" and followpoint-8.png" with a different frame from the animated followpoint.

hit300

Off (default)
No hitbursts on perfect hits. Enable by first deleting all files starting with "hit300" except "hit300.png", "hit300g.png" and "hit300k.png" (these show up in the ranking screen). After deleting the files, copy-paste the new files into the main folder.

No trail (default)
Hitbursts on perfect hits. Enable by copy-pasting files into the main folder.

hitcircle

Style 1 (default)
Colored hitcircle with a white ring. Enable by copy-pasting files into the main folder. Also includes 2 different opacity levels for the middle part (30% and 100%, default is 60%). These can be enabled the same way.

Style 2
Colored ring with fully transparent middle. Enable by copy-pasting files into the main folder. It is recommended that you enable "Use combo color as tint for slider ball" in the options for this style.

Style 3
White ring with fully transparent middle. Enable by copy-pasting files into the main folder. If you want to also make the approach circles white, you need to open "skin.ini" in a text editor (like notepad) and replace these lines:
Combo1: 0,102,255
Combo2: 255,0,51
With this:
Combo1: 255,255,255
Style 4
Colored ring inside a white ring. Fully transparent middle. Enable by copy-pasting files into the main folder.

reversearrow

Centered
Centered reversearrow. Recommended if you want to use sliderendcircles. Enable by copy-pasting files into the main folder. Sliderendcircles can be enabled by deleting the files "sliderendcircle.png" and "sliderendcircleoverlay.png" from the main folder.

Offset (default)
The arrow is positioned closer to the end of the sliderend. Enable by copy-pasting files into the main folder.

scorebar

Blue (default)
Blue scorebar. Enable by copy-pasting files into the main folder.

Red
Red scorebar. Enable by copy-pasting files into the main folder.

sliderfollowcircle

Off (default)
No sliderfollowcircles. Enable by copy-pasting files into the main folder.

On
Sliderfollowcircle visible. Enable by copy-pasting files into the main folder.

spinner-approachcircle

Off (default)
No spinner-approachcircle. Enable by copy-pasting files into the main folder.

On
Spinner-approachcircle visible. Enable by copy-pasting files into the main folder.
Scorebar nameplate
A template for a scorebar with your name and country flag. Here's what it looks like:

If you have Adobe Illustrator, you can create your own nameplate with this .ai file. The font used for the name is Lato Bold, which you can get for free here. The "Choose flag here" -layer contains every country flag in alphabetical order. Just toggle the visibility on the one that you want to use.

You should see something like this:

The "scorebar-colour" -layer includes a blue and a red scorebar.

Export both artboards as transparent .png files with filenames being the artboard names at 1x scale. For HD graphics, also export at 2x scale with "@2x" at the end of the filenames.

If you have Illustrator CC, use Export for screens with these settings:

If you don't have Adobe Illustrator, you can send me a PM with your desired name, flag, and the color of the scorebar (red or blue only) and I'll send you the .png files that you can just place into the skin folder.
Changelog
23.4.2017 - v1.1
Functionality
  • Fixed slider circle alignment issues on Stable (Fallback) release.
  • Added readme.txt to the customizations folder with instructions.
  • Removed spinner-warning.png (it's a Taiko element that I accidentally made blank.)
Visuals
  • Added mode icons from osu!new.
  • Adjusted the position of "max combo" and "accuracy" texts in the ranking panel.
  • Added scoreentry elements. (The score numbers in the in-game scoreboard and in the numbers in the input counter.)
  • Adjusted the size and thickness of bunch of gameplay elements (arrow-warning, arrow-pause, spinner-clear, section fail, section-clear, ready, count1, count2, count3, go).
  • Added a light drop shadow to small ranking letters and mod icons.
  • Made small silver S and SS icons brighter.
  • Slightly reduced shadows on the approach circle
  • Made a very slight change to the scorebar. Here's a comparision, since it's hard to explain with words.
Sounds
  • Made the combobreak sound a bit quieter.
24.2.2017 - v1.0
Initial release.
Future plans
Other gamemodes
Since I myself only play osu!standard, I feel that I wouldn't be able to provide the same level of attention-to-detail if I were to skin the other gamemodes. But if there is enough interest, I will consider doing it.

New customizations
If you have an idea for a new customization that you would like to see included, feel free to leave a message and I will consider it. Just remember that I won't be adding customizations that thematically alter the skin, which means no anime girls.

As this is the first skin I've made from scratch, all feedback is greatly appreciated!
[ Fix3d ]
Looks awesome! :D Nice post btw!
-Redya-
OMG!!! Another clean skin (◕ ワ ◕✿)
*downloading = done
*testing = ready '-')b
ripmyacc

-Redya- wrote:

OMG!!! Another clean skin
Nothing new :(
Lambder
Looks amazing if you ask me. Thumbs up x10.

Dis gonna be my favorite skin for a while.
-glug-
nice skin bro!
xi9w
congrats on your first skin dude. can't wait to see your future skins
Topic Starter
Skulkan

xi9w wrote:

congrats on your first skin dude. can't wait to see your future skins
Probably won't make more skins before osu!next tbh. I want to actually concentrate on playing the game for a while now that I have a skin that I'm perfectly happy with. :lol:
h3oCharles
:arrow: What's the font used?
:arrow: Will you provide .psd (or similar) scorebar file for name and flag to customize in both colors? And maybe give it more colors?
:arrow: I highly recommend checking out what Redd Glass and Aesthetic did with customization
:arrow: Just looked at the skin folder, spinner-warning is for Taiko and you made it blank... mistakes were made
:arrow: IMO mods should have a background
:arrow: back button is blank. Is that intentional?
:arrow: I think you should make a preview image on the hitcircles
:arrow: Mode icons are off-centered in the button. Either make then centered, or make them blank and put MODE on the button
:arrow: I think section pass/fail kinda look like fully white default ones

scionae-
This is truly a very nice skin!
I can even read HDHR with this eheheh
Topic Starter
Skulkan
Thanks a lot for the feedback!

TheMadCharles wrote:

What's the font used?
Brandon Grotesque

TheMadCharles wrote:

Will you provide .psd (or similar) scorebar file for name and flag to customize in both colors?
You would need the font (which is not free) on your computer in order to edit the name, and I don't have the licence to distribute it. I will see if I can find a similar free font that I could use for the name. Or alternatively I could make custom scorebars on demand and send out the .png files. I will get back to you on that soon.

TheMadCharles wrote:

And maybe give it more colors?
Only red or blue, sorry. Anything other than that wouldn't fit the theme. But since the files are lossless .png's, you could open them in Photoshop and change the color yourself if you really wanted to.

TheMadCharles wrote:

Just looked at the skin folder, spinner-warning is for Taiko and you made it blank... mistakes were made
oops... that's definitely not intentional. :oops:

TheMadCharles wrote:

I think you should make a preview image on the hitcircles
Do you mean in this forum post? There are preview images under the "Screenshots" spoilerbox.

TheMadCharles wrote:

back button is blank. Is that intentional?
Yes. I chose to leave it blank because I wanted to make the ranking screen as clean as possible. It's still clickable though.

I just saw the skins! review. Dat 4/10 :lol:

scionae- wrote:

This is truly a very nice skin!
I can even read HDHR with this eheheh
I'm glad you like it!
atturbo555
Your skin is good but hitcircle is not support fallback ver.
Topic Starter
Skulkan

atturbo555 wrote:

I just noticed that yesterday as well. I will see if I can get that fixed for the next update, which I'm trying to get ready this weekend.
indexi
I'm not a big fan of a small crosshair without any trails. Otherwise it's awesome! :D
Topic Starter
Skulkan

Zisha wrote:

I'm not a big fan of a small crosshair without any trails. Otherwise it's awesome! :D
In the customizations folder there are two alternative cursors. One has a long, thin trail and the other one has a short, thick trail. Have you tried those?
indexi

Skulkan wrote:

Zisha wrote:

In the customizations folder there are two alternative cursors. One has a long, thin trail and the other one has a short, thick trail. Have you tried those?
Oh cool! Will try that tomorrow :D
iamVill
Made by gamers for gamers*
Wilven
dtnc21
Ooh, original hitsounds! Most pro-style skins I see opted to use the ping-pong like ones, so this is a plus.

FoxDreemurr wrote:

Hitcircles in sliders are like this to me: http://prntscr.com/ezc9nz
You're not on Fallback, are you?

atturbo555 wrote:

Wilven
bluegirl27
is based in duet ,it´s no ?
Topic Starter
Skulkan
Elixir v1.1 has been released!

Download link

Patch notes

Functionality
  • Fixed slider circle alignment issues on Stable (Fallback) release.
  • Added readme.txt to the customizations folder with instructions.
  • Removed spinner-warning.png (it's a Taiko element that I accidentally made blank.)
Visuals
  • Added mode icons from osu!new.
  • Adjusted the position of "max combo" and "accuracy" texts in the ranking panel.
  • Added scoreentry elements. (The score numbers in the in-game scoreboard and in the numbers in the input counter.)
  • Adjusted the size and thickness of bunch of gameplay elements (arrow-warning, arrow-pause, spinner-clear, section fail, section-clear, ready, count1, count2, count3, go).
  • Added a light drop shadow to small ranking letters and mod icons.
  • Made small silver S and SS icons brighter.
  • Slightly reduced shadows on the approach circle
  • Made a very slight change to the scorebar. Here's a comparision, since it's hard to explain with words.
Sounds
  • Made the combobreak sound a bit quieter.

Scorebar nameplate

I have also created a template for a scorebar with your name and country flag. Here's what it looks like:

If you have Adobe Illustrator, you can create your own nameplate with this .ai file. The font used for the name is Lato Bold, which you can get for free here. The "Choose flag here" -layer contains every country flag in alphabetical order. Just toggle the visibility on the one that you want to use.

You should see something like this:

The "scorebar-colour" -layer includes a blue and a red scorebar.

Export both artboards as transparent .png files with filenames being the artboard names at 1x scale. For HD graphics, also export at 2x scale with "@2x" at the end of the filenames.

If you have Illustrator CC, use Export for screens with these settings:

If you don't have Adobe Illustrator, you can send me a PM with your desired name, flag and the color of the scorebar (red or blue only), and I'll send you the .png files that you can just place into the skin folder.
show more