forum

I do not know what to do to increase my ranking.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
voltroom
So I bought Huion H420 tablet this January 10th and I used this for about 45 days I think.
I was really satisfied with the fact that I bought the tablet because I improved phenomenally after using the tablet, compared to when I am using mouse.
(You can go to my profile and see the slope of the graph. It is pretty steep IMO)
Anyway, after the drastic improvement, I started to not improve as drastically as I did before when I got to 65k rank-ish.
Therefore I thought I might need to change my scope of my tablet! I went to osu reddit and a lot of them recommended me to just go with the full area.
So I did.
And I did not improve drastically but still I was able to sustain and slowly improve my rank for about a month (I changed my scope a month ago).
And then I just thought that if I go with the full area of H420, I cannot play any high speed jump maps so I just changed it to the previous scope again, two days ago.
And now I have no idea what I am doing. I play the map that I was able to get an A with 95% acc when I first played... Now, I can't even pass the map.
I was able to play up to 5.5* comfortably before changing the scope to full area, but now I can't even play 5*.

Please give me a constructive advice on what I should do from now on. Is it a good time to give up playing osu?
Any criticism is welcome as well. But please give me a piece of advice as well... Thanks!
Topic Starter
voltroom
FYI my scope is width 3.30 inch height 1.86 inch.
vinnicci
It's better if you go full area. Also don't expect same results after changing your settings, just play more for a week or so.
Sandy Hoey
Its a good time give up playing osu! if you aren't having a good time anymore. But if you are still having fun and you do still want to play and keep improving then go right along. I will say that You don't have to be playing 5 star maps to improve or gain ranks. You can get pretty high up only playing 4 star maps. Maybe go back and try and get some good scores on those maps, then work your way to 5 star
Topic Starter
voltroom

vinnicci wrote:

It's better if you go full area. Also don't expect same results after changing your settings, just play more for a week or so.
Why would you say so? I tried playing full area for a month and for me it didn't seem to work out pretty well because I wasn't able to perform any high-speed jumps or make any quick move. i.e. I cannot have any speed in my play.
vinnicci
You'll be more accurate with full area, it really requires speed, but you'll get it eventually.
It turned out well for me, maybe because I hold the pen higher, where my index finger is on the top pen button. How do you grip?
Sandy Hoey

vinnicci wrote:

You're more accurate with full area, it really requires speed, but you'll get it eventually.
It turned out well for me, maybe because I hold the pen higher, where my index finger is on the top pen button. How do you grip?
This would be because your hand doesn't have to move as far because you can just move the tip of the pen. However, if you don't feel comfortable changing your grips, its never wrong to play with a smaller area. however, the bigger you can go, the better because of the increased accuracy. Bigger area is as if the circles are bigger.
N0thingSpecial
Play for improvement, don't play for rank.
Yukitemi

voltroom wrote:

Why would you say so? I tried playing full area for a month and for me it didn't seem to work out pretty well because I wasn't able to perform any high-speed jumps or make any quick move. i.e. I cannot have any speed in my play.
Those doubts was on my mind too, but the thing is, you need to REALLY get used to full area. I'm still playing with full area, so think about that.

also your wrists' gonna hurt, beware.
Topic Starter
voltroom

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Well, I don't solely play JUST for rank.
But doesn't improvement reflect the rank? I mean not directly, but still it is pretty accurate reflection.
Sandy Hoey
Yeah, that is true. But dont play think, I want to get a better rank. Play thnking, I want to get good at this skill
Topic Starter
voltroom

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Its a good time give up playing osu! if you aren't having a good time anymore. But if you are still having fun and you do still want to play and keep improving then go right along. I will say that You don't have to be playing 5 star maps to improve or gain ranks. You can get pretty high up only playing 4 star maps. Maybe go back and try and get some good scores on those maps, then work your way to 5 star
Yeah I am not like "OH IM NOT HAVING FUN ANYMORE WITH OSU"
I still have fun and I like the game. But I was just panicky because I was able to even FC a 5 star map and get about 150pp within that map.
After that, if I FC like a 4.5* map then I only get like 1 or 2 pp increase, which is not that significant.
That's why I only tried to play harder maps to increase my pp, which did not work out well.
Maybe I'll have to start all over from 4*...
Topic Starter
voltroom

vinnicci wrote:

You'll be more accurate with full area, it really requires speed, but you'll get it eventually.
I grip as if I am holding my pencil, pretty much.
except that I grip it perpendicular to my tablet so that it accurately reflects my movement.
Topic Starter
voltroom

Yuki Kei wrote:

voltroom wrote:

Those doubts was on my mind too, but the thing is, you need to REALLY get used to full area. I'm still playing with full area, so think about that.

also your wrists' gonna hurt, beware.
Yeah I tried out full area for a month and I just ended up having a painful wrist... and did not gain any significant skill...
Sandy Hoey
Instead of posting 3 times, you should respond to all 3 in the same post. Declutter and stuff
Nattsun

voltroom wrote:

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Well, I don't solely play JUST for rank.
But doesn't improvement reflect the rank? I mean not directly, but still it is pretty accurate reflection.
No it doesn't, only to some extend. A 6 digit is worse in everything compared to a 4 digit, but players with similiar ranks can have skill differences.