forum

An osu! Mafia 2 - SERIAL KILLER / JESTER WIN

posted
Total Posts
show more
adam2046
Well, I'm normally all for voting someone who votes themselves, but I'd like to wait until we're at least half way into the day before we start piling votes onto people.
I'm not too keen on winning with a jester either.

LadySuburu wrote:

Conclusion: Wojjan is either Mafia or Jester.
Concluding that it has to be one of the two. Wanna back up this conclusion?
LadySuburu

adam2046 wrote:

Well, I'm normally all for voting someone who votes themselves, but I'd like to wait until we're at least half way into the day before we start piling votes onto people.
I'm not too keen on winning with a jester either.

LadySuburu wrote:

Conclusion: Wojjan is either Mafia or Jester.
Concluding that it has to be one of the two. Wanna back up this conclusion?
I can't think of any other roles that would say "Screw it." and vote themselves, based on what's happened so far. (Remember, this is Wojjan. If it were some random player, I might believe him being town giving up for some strange reason.)

Can you think of another reason?
adam2046
I find it unlikely that Wojjan would vote hermself as some crazy ploy on only the second day. All it would take is a cop to find out what Wojjan actually has.
Nothing's really stopping the host from creating new roles.

The people I'm currently most suspicious of are Suburu, Wojjan and animask (due to his "helpful" posts and his rolefishing and his insistance on being town and for implying I'm mafia for voting him(also I don't like his posts in general (and he stinks))).
LadySuburu

adam2046 wrote:

The people I'm currently most suspicious of are Suburu, Wojjan and animask (due to his "helpful" posts and his rolefishing and his insistance on being town and for implying I'm mafia for voting him(also I don't like his posts in general (and he stinks))).
Mind explaining more on the first two?
Wojjan
Subu knows I'm a jester because he's mafia. You already stated to know that I'm anti-town. The only reason you ask adam for clarification is testing the waters to see how he thinks of you.
LadySuburu

Wojjan wrote:

Subu knows I'm a jester because he's mafia. You already stated to know that I'm anti-town. The only reason you ask adam for clarification is testing the waters to see how he thinks of you.
Now I'm even more sure you're mafia, as opposed to a jester. Nice scumpainting attempt.

So, might as well say what I've been thinking since I doubt I'll get any more useful comments out of adam.

Wojjan is mafia, who knows he's screwed from what happened D1, as well as already losing a teammate. Basically gives up (Or is attempting a gambit, but I'm not sure what the goal of such a gambit would be.)

adam is also mafia, who is trying to distance himself from Wojjan. He's attempting to paint me as scum without really saying anything, and also riding on what was one of the easy lynch targets from D1, animask. Therefore, he has two easy targets and a third to back up on if he can get enough "Evidence" to show that I'm scum.

adam2046 wrote:

Well it would be nice if animask could post something more incriminating in reply.
I think this quote is pretty dang fitting. He kinda sat around Day one, not really saying much (Except when he could get animask to post again, since most of animask's statements in every single game are suspicious.) He basically tried to turn everything animask said into saying that he's scum.

I'm not going to pretend I was active much of D1 either. Other than my mini-rage against two, I barely posted any content as well. I also saw animask as suspicious, but I wasn't jumping on every little thing he said in order to paint him as scum. I wasn't sure enough that he wasn't just acting the same as in his first game.

----------------

adam2046 wrote:

I find it unlikely that Wojjan would vote hermself as some crazy ploy on only the second day. All it would take is a cop to find out what Wojjan actually has.
Nothing's really stopping the host from creating new roles.
1. So, why did Wojjan vote himself?

2. Role speculation here, but judging by the results of the lynch and the deaths at night, plus the fact that it's NoHItter running the game (Who was constantly complaining to me about the no-unvote mechanic from HNM1), I'm going to go ahead and say it's safe to assume that we're just using generic roles here.
Lybydose
vote: Wojjan
pieguyn
I don't necessarily think Wojjan is mafia. It seems like he's acting suspicious on purpose, like he wants to be lynched, so I bet he's a jester.

That said, animask seemed to be doing the same thing yesterday, and I highly doubt there's two jesters. Perhaps one is a jester and one is mafia. At this point it becomes WIFOM (I'm mafia and I'll make people think I'm a jester so they vote the other person). However, it could just be that animask didn't know what he was doing yesterday. Either way I'm going to go the other way and vote animask.
adam2046
I focus on animask because his playing style pisses me off.

LadySuburu wrote:

So, might as well say what I've been thinking since I doubt I'll get any more useful comments out of adam.
Gee, thanks for suddenly saying that everything I say from now on is useless. I thought we were mafia buddies, man.

You're making some pretty definite statements here Sububu.

LadySuburu wrote:

Wojjan is mafia, who knows he's screwed from what happened D1, as well as already losing a teammate.
adam is also mafia, who is trying to distance himself from Wojjan. He's attempting to paint me as scum without really saying anything
You say that I'm scum painting you, but you're not even including the possibility of me being town in your posts now.
I would like you to point out what I've said that makes me so definitely mafia, so far the only the only thing you've got is my blatant dislike for animask's behavior.

LadySuburu wrote:

1. So, why did Wojjan vote himself?

2. Role speculation here, but judging by the results of the lynch and the deaths at night, plus the fact that it's NoHItter running the game (Who was constantly complaining to me about the no-unvote mechanic from HNM1), I'm going to go ahead and say it's safe to assume that we're just using generic roles here.
1. I don't know. I simply do not know, you do not know. Why don't we just ask?
2. I think we're probably using standard roles too, but I'm not ruling out the possibility of there being a new role or a slight variation on a standard role.
LadySuburu

adam2046 wrote:

I focus on animask because his playing style pisses me off.

Gee, thanks for suddenly saying that everything I say from now on is useless. I thought we were mafia buddies, man.

You're making some pretty definite statements here Sububu.

You say that I'm scum painting you, but you're not even including the possibility of me being town in your posts now.
I would like you to point out what I've said that makes me so definitely mafia, so far the only the only thing you've got is my blatant dislike for animask's behavior.

1. I don't know. I simply do not know, you do not know. Why don't we just ask?
2. I think we're probably using standard roles too, but I'm not ruling out the possibility of there being a new role or a slight variation on a standard role.
Useless comments: You aren't explaining much of anything when you post, and you haven't answered all my questions yet either.

I didn't include the possibility because, as I stated before I said what I said, that's what I'm thinking. I don't belive that it's true that you're town, so I didn't include it, since I wasn't thinking it. Even more so, I REALLY don't belive it to be true that Wojjan is town.

I believe you're mafia because of what I said about animask, and that you've really not posting much content or explaining anything. I don't buy that you're focusing on him ONLY because you dislike his playing style. That might be part of the reason, but I doubt it's really all. If it is, then are you fine with just lynching people based on playstyles that each of us dislike? I don't see that as a good strategy.

As for why we don't ask, I'm sure we won't get a truthful answer out of Wojjan.
adam2046

LadySuburu wrote:

I believe you're mafia because of what I said about animask, and that you've really not posting much content or explaining anything. I don't buy that you're focusing on him ONLY because you dislike his playing style. That might be part of the reason, but I doubt it's really all. If it is, then are you fine with just lynching people based on playstyles that each of us dislike? I don't see that as a good strategy.
I'm not fine with that.
I'll make an exception for animask though.

I really don't like the way animask has decided to play the game. Because he is the least helpful person ever. Almost as useless as the people who haven't posted today Hint hint guys. Post something.

LadySuburu wrote:

Useless comments: You aren't explaining much of anything when you post, and you haven't answered all my questions yet either.
Which ones did I miss?

Hey Wojjan, why'd you vote yourself?
LadySuburu

LadySuburu wrote:

adam2046 wrote:

Mind explaining more on the first two?
adam2046
Wojjan self voted, I find this suspicious enough by itself.
You because you're slightly more aggressive than I would expect.

No one else because they're not even participating.
HINT HINT GUYS
And no, voting blindly does not count as active participation.
Wojjan
I voted myself because I suck as jester.
bmin11
I'm not getting how miscounting or voting hermself would be a scumtell. I'll reread the thread after I get my sleep (I've already read another mafia thread with massive posts)
Rantai

adam2046 wrote:

There is too much ambiguity that goes with that, for all we know we have an insane cop.

If I may ask, what exactly does a jester turn up as?

LadySuburu wrote:

Now I'm even more sure you're mafia, as opposed to a jester. Nice scumpainting attempt.
That was such a simple tactic that I doubt anyone would have believed (especially with how much she is screwing with us) so jumping to that conclusion seems a bit hasty in my eyes. As to giving up, so Wojjan is the type to give up because 1 mafia member is down?

I don't buy it.

On the topic of Wojjan I'm very heavily leaning towards jester (if that wasn't obvious enough) because if she was pro-town or even mafia what exactly does she have to benefit from attracting that much attention to herself? Self voting, lying about her voting restriction and I bet lying about the typing quirk seeing as nothing has happened to her simply doesn't fit. If anything it fits closer to a neutral role where she wants to be lynched.

... or a mafia role trying to not get lynched by making everyone believe she's a jester... I guess.

Outside that though I'm only really suspicious of adam. You're not really explaining (as LS pointed out too) yourself very well. Your suspicions of Wojjan are warranted (to me). animask though, are you suspicious of him being scum or do you simply think he's being more disruptive than helpful?

Your suspicion of LS seems very weak to me though. You are simply basing it off being slightly more aggressive, which I really don't think is a solid reason at all. I might as well say you're suspicious because you're being fairly aggressive too if I was going along the same thinking.

The fact you're looking for just about anyone to pin suspicion through your 'hinting' doesn't help either.
adam2046

Rantai wrote:

Outside that though I'm only really suspicious of adam. You're not really explaining (as LS pointed out too) yourself very well. Your suspicions of Wojjan are warranted (to me). animask though, are you suspicious of him being scum or do you simply think he's being more disruptive than helpful?
All of the above.

Rantai wrote:

Your suspicion of LS seems very weak to me though. You are simply basing it off being slightly more aggressive, which I really don't think is a solid reason at all. I might as well say you're suspicious because you're being fairly aggressive too if I was going along the same thinking.
It's not like it's a strong suspicion. I included LS in my list of people I find most suspicious for lack of other people acting in a manner I find suspicious and because I find his behavior unusual. As soon as I stated that I was suspicious of LS he started acting as if I was trying to make him out to be mafia and suddenly I'm extremely likely to be mafia.

LadySuburu wrote:

adam is also mafia, who is trying to distance himself from Wojjan. He's attempting to paint me as scum without really saying anything, and also riding on what was one of the easy lynch targets from D1, animask. Therefore, he has two easy targets and a third to back up on if he can get enough "Evidence" to show that I'm scum.
This whole statement just makes me feel uneasy. I've already pointed out the fact that I don't like that Suburu used such a definite style of speech in order to voice his opinions. He also mentioned two easy targets and himself as a third, even though he only mentioned himself and animask (and so possibly miscounted or included Wojjan, subconciously or not).
I wasn't planning on being super in the spotlight today, but as the day started it became quite clear from the start that no one was going to actively start discussion, simply making useless statements or questions ("But what does it meeeeean?") or not posting at all.
Partial success, now we have a number of people participating in discussion.

Rantai wrote:

The fact you're looking for just about anyone to pin suspicion through your 'hinting' doesn't help either.
I have no idea what this means.
Rantai
To clarify then;

adam2046 wrote:

Wojjan self voted, I find this suspicious enough by itself.
You because you're slightly more aggressive than I would expect.

No one else because they're not even participating.
HINT HINT GUYS
It felt like you were looking for people to point fingers at.

Though now that I look at it, it's just a jab at inactivity.
bmin11
Request for replacement
I don't have much time on my hand, so I'm asking for a replacement. Sorry guys...
Lybydose
Jester is the dumbest and most overpowered role ever. It's too easy for a mafioso to do something completely stupid and still be able to cover for it because a jester "might" exist. Its mere existence makes people question absolutely everything and gives the mafia such a huge advantage that such a role should never be used in a closed setup unless the town is completely overpowered (and even then...).
intermu
jesus, no time to even look at thread at all recently. having real world difficulties at the moment with my flight back home (been 2 freaking days and no flight back home yet, goddamnit), so apologies.
Topic Starter
NoHitter
rust45 is replaicng bmin11.
Also no posts in one day? I'm disappointed guys D:
adam2046
I'm waiting on DxS.
rust45
Sup guys, give me time to read through the thread.
rust45
Alright, I'm surprised no one proposed that there is SK among us due to the night killing of two people(and one suicide). It could be a vig but I don't think the vig would act on night 1 especially since I don't think there was much to go on to constitute killing Two in the name of the town. I'm almost thinking Wojjan might be the SK trying to distract from the NKs by voting for himself, as that seems to be what all the discussion is about right now.
Lybydose
FoS rust45
Wojjan

rust45 wrote:

Alright, I'm surprised no one proposed that there is SK among us due to the night killing of two people(and one suicide). It could be a vig but I don't think the vig would act on night 1 especially since I don't think there was much to go on to constitute killing Two in the name of the town. I'm almost thinking Wojjan might be the SK trying to distract from the NKs by voting for himself, as that seems to be what all the discussion is about right now.
You're the first to mention an SK.

You're also the first to start pointing fingers at who the SK might be.

Compensating for something now are we?
rust45

Wojjan wrote:

You're the first to mention an SK.
viewtopic.php?p=913505#p913505
It's just percentages with SK as a possibility, but I was certainly not the first. And I have to say this post kinda irked me as Rantai did mention SK without evidence of one.

Wojjan wrote:

You're also the first to start pointing fingers at who the SK might be
It was just a theory I had, I wasn't outright accusing.

Wojjan wrote:

Compensating for something now are we?
I could ask the same.
Wojjan
yes I am a mafia jester SK
rust45
Ok, where the hell is everyone?
adam2046
Vote: DxS
Rantai

rust45 wrote:

Ok, where the hell is everyone?
Not a clue, everything went quiet :(

And about me mentioning SK's. The numbers I was using was going by the set up of the last osu! Mafia (to stay consistent with 0_o and his numbers)
Lybydose

adam2046 wrote:

whyyy
adam2046

Lybydose wrote:

adam2046 wrote:

whyyy
I want him to say something.
Topic Starter
NoHitter
Deadline is in 24 hours.

VOTE COUNT
Wojjan (3) - Wojjan, LadySuburu, Lybydose
DeathxShinigami (1) - adam2046

Not Voting (7) - Rantai, DeathxShinigami, animask, Mashley, intermu, rust45, pieguy1372

WITH 11 ALIVE, IT TAKES 6 TO HAMMER.

DEADLINE IS IN AROUND 24 HOURS
adam2046
I'm voting me...
...Or is me voting I?
Topic Starter
NoHitter

adam2046 wrote:

I'm voting me...
...Or is me voting I?
Fixed. Sorry about that.
Sleep Powder
Vote: Wojjan

cuz she is cool...

Also, I have no idea whats going on with this mafia game...

Recap?
rust45
Here you go: viewtopic.php?p=904184#p904184
That should be enough for you to get everything.
Wojjan

The deadline is close. Can we lynch someone?
show more