forum

what is mouse acceleration or enhance pointer precision?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lonkor
what is mouse acceleration or enhance pointer precision? and why do i "need" to turn it off? (according to literally everyone)
Sandy Hoey
It makes it so your cursor will speed up gradually over the duration of the movement. People say to turn this off because having it on is theoretically harmful to your consistence because the way the cursor speeds up can change from movement to movement

Cant you just google this?
Topic Starter
lonkor

Sandy Hoey wrote:

It makes it so your cursor will speed up gradually over the duration of the movement. People say to turn this off because having it on is theoretically harmful to your consistence because the way the cursor speeds up can change from movement to movement

Cant you just google this?
now i see and i agree that it needs to be off, thanks for the answer

osu forum is my way of "enhanced googling" on things like these because the chance of you getting a right answer to your question in less than 10 minutes is really high and i'm also lazy to google it and search for the right answer through some dodgy forum sites, on osu forum the answer just comes to you, have a nice day
I Give Up
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/5295743
Sayorie

KukiMonster wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/u/5295743
Does this mean that I have to turn on EPP and Accel? Thanks, I will be doing that. /s
Sandy Hoey
You dont have to, but it is generally agreed that it would be advantageous to do so.
Sayorie
I wasn't serious.
Sandy Hoey
Yeah, but if I play along, then the OP might not know that.
Sayorie
There are a very few people who are skilled enough to gauge mouse acceleration that they could aim as well as someone who doesn't use it, but it does not really set down the fact that having it enabled is advantageous. Those few people are simply outliers due to talent or some other circumstances, but having acceleration off is still the norm.

SPOILER
Looking at CS:GO Player Setups, no high-tier player has an acceleration of 1, maybe except for Taco from SK Gaming.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 4/htmlview

You might present the argument that FPS is different from osu!, and yes it's a different story when comparing a cursor-centric game to a cursor-movable game, but what makes acceleration difficult is the intuitiveness of how your mouse moves. Why choose an x:1 ratio when you can use a 1:1 ratio which the mind can easily follow?

OP, you can always prove us wrong if ever you improve with acceleration on. It's just a matter of choice.
Nattsun

Sayorie wrote:

There are a very few people who are skilled enough to gauge mouse acceleration that they could aim as well as someone who doesn't use it, but it does not really set down the fact that having it enabled is advantageous. Those few people are simply outliers due to talent or some other circumstances, but having acceleration off is still the norm.

SPOILER
Looking at CS:GO Player Setups, no high-tier player has an acceleration of 1, maybe except for Taco from SK Gaming.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 4/htmlview

You might present the argument that FPS is different from osu!, and yes it's a different story when comparing a cursor-centric game to a cursor-movable game, but what makes acceleration difficult is the intuitiveness of how your mouse moves. Why choose an x:1 ratio when you can use a 1:1 ratio which the mind can easily follow?

OP, you can always prove us wrong if ever you improve with acceleration on. It's just a matter of choice.
Can confirm, you can play with acceleration on, but it takes forever to adapt and you'll never become consistent enough. Played League with mouse acceleration (didn't know that I had it on on), I know it's a diffrent game, but you still have to aim before throwing a skillshot.