forum

Looking for girlfriend

posted
Total Posts
show more
vipto
fuck man, i didnt read it all but fuck. That's gotta be rough. BUT! Dont let others bring you down so easily, see, most people in here are very sympathetics towards you. Even if it's just online, those people exist irl too! What happened is that you got together with the wrong people, the kind that are unaware of their own stupidity. I know it's easier said than done, but you gotta wait and find the right people to hang out with. I'd say you dodged a bullet there.

i feel you bro
Keiger
@t3ars I'm like you my friend, i also have problems talking to girls as well. i get nervous most of the time. i've been single for most of my life except for little 1-2 months of dating between large intervals. If I can't do it, then You can my friend. Best of luck to you.

-Surreal
Rurree
So, I don't want to bother reading the rest of the thread because of all the irrelevant shit that's going on here. All I want to say is that OP, even if you may stumble upon misadventures such as what you've said. I still bid you good luck, I'm not going to say anything like "don't be like this", "don't do this", since all you really need to do is to be yourself. I know I've said that before but is there really anything else that would work? You can't change your identity nor how you do stuff, but what you can change is your approach to things. Confidence and believing in yourself is key. Look for ways to up your game such as knowing how to style (you could watch videos, you live in Sweden so I'm sure that H&M is everywhere, you could just get clothes off there), learn proper hygiene (trimming unwanted facial hair, treating acne, losing weight, taking a shower often), improve your communication skills (the hardest part of them all, but you'll get used to it eventually. you do not need to try hard at this part because it will come naturally. start asking help from friends, if they're female that'd be even better.), learn proper manners (be considerate to the one you're talking to, acknowledge personal spaces by not being much of a snitch, be enthusiastic enough if you really want to catch their attention)

Always remember that, when trying to talk to someone, try to have them as friends first. People don't fall in love with strangers, it's about time you get to know someone who you don't know first then start flirting when you two have started to mesh and be comfortable with each other. Flirt bit by bit, show her you're worth noticing, that you're unique, then it will all fall right into place.

I bid you good luck in your agenda, OP. You seem like a decent and understanding person, and I know that someday, someone would be able to appreciate you for who you are and perhaps consider you as someone special and have you as a significant other. Having a relationship is never too late. I'm currently still in the process of healing as I broke up with my ex months ago (although we've been talking a lot again), but each person's experiences differ so if anything bad does happen, you just have to accept it, move on, and try again. Never let bad experiences cripple you and prevent you from improving as a person because that's what counts, the experiences you get and the memories you obtain. I've had a handful of relationships irl since middle school and I think those have really helped me grow as an individual. While relationships may be seen as a burden for others, as long as you've found one that isn't toxic, it's absolutely essential. It doesn't even matter if it ends on a bad note, as long as you enjoyed the most of it and learned from it.
Blitzfrog
Look man, if I was a girl, I really would talk to you.

I think a good way to know is to observe a bit before you strike up a conversation, that way you won't be as likely to get punched. Better yet, like the first girl, take that opportunity.

http://www.everydayhealth.com/columns/t ... -calm-down

Things you can do to calm yourself down. Note this works for both anger and nervousness
Topic Starter
T3ars_old
@Dawnsday Feels like the bad luck is following me lately..

@Flannel Maybe, you have to look at it from both sides.. You're right..

@johnmedina999 I feel weak and hopeless.. When I look myself in the mirror I see a dusgusting scar which makes me look like something out of the lord of the rings.. I'm just going to sit at home and not even attend lectures for a while.. I do not want people to see me like this..

@vipto Yeah maybe I read the moment completley wrong.. My face didn't dodge anything though.. I will try as good as I can to keep strong.. This thread and all the positive comments really help me a lot..

@ItsSurreal Thanks man, if you ever want to talk about our problems just shoot me a message.. Comforting to see that there is actually people in the same boat as me..

@Madvillain You're advice is really helpfull.. Thank you for believing in me and posting theese really wise words in this thread which I think everyone should read since it is soo true.. This: " People don't fall in love with strangers" is a really good message to keep in mind and it is ofcourse the rule I will follow.. Right now I want to be able to talk to girls and maybe get a friend who is a girl.. Thank you a lot again for posting theese kind words about me.. I am actually tearing up reading all the positive comments in this thread and it really makes me feel stronger.. Your post is awesome and everything in your message is true..

@Blitzfrog Thank you a lot buddy.. As I've said before I am actually in tears reading all the positive messages now you are awesome for helping me.. And as always you are posting such usefull resources, thank you soo much buddy!

As I've mentioned in previous posts what happend this last time really brought me down to an all time low.. Now after some days I'm starting to recover and maybe just maybe it was actually bad luck and I should keep pursuing my goal of being able to talk to girls.. Right now school is going pretty good so I have quite some time I can put on trying to improve myself as a person..

Something interesting is that the girl I've mentioend in my longer post who added me on Facebook actually wrote to me today saying hello what's up.. I have not answeared yet..
Railey2

Meah wrote:

and one thing, I think those kind of interactions is kinda tiring and bothersome too.
I plan being single until 30 xD
These interactions aren't inherently tiring and bothersome, they're just tiring and bothersome to you, because you seem to lack the required social skills.

Being unable to have a relationship because of personal lack of ability is not the same as ''planning to be single''.

it sounds more like you tried, failed, and are now telling yourself that its fine because this is your plan after all. Or maybe you never even tried and got disheartened by the prospect alone.
That's not making a plan, that's just being forced into a single course of action because no other options appear to be available.

What are you going to do once you're 30, and why would the situation suddenly change once you're 30? Why couldn't it change the same way now, when you're 20?

anyway, after reading OPs story about ending up in the hospital after he exchanged 7 sentences with a girl at a club (as one does..), i came to the conclusion that he's probably trolling.

OP, if you're not making this story up, then you should have at least the common sense to know that talking to someone is not grounds for getting punched so hard that you have to get hospitalised. This does not add up, my suspension of disbelief goes only that far.

Good luck to you anyway, whatever you're doing. i don't have anything against trolls personally, i just don't like entertaining them for too long. So whatever you do, be it trolling, or genuinely seeking advice (which, maybe you are.. i just don't think its likely at this point), hopefully people will give you the answers that work for you.

expect no more replies to you, either way. Have a good one
Serraionga
Fucking knew it
I knew that part was fishy af >:( >:(
Topic Starter
T3ars_old
@Railey2 Believe it or not.. I was drunk, it could have been 5 sentences or 12.. No idea but what I do know is that there was no reason for me to get punched that night. And you call it being hospitalized but all I've said is that I went to the hospital and the doctor there judged that the wound should be stitched.. I was out the same night writing posts here before I went to bed.. Maybe you just don't know how visiting the hospital works?
It is sad that you do not believe me but there is nothing I can do about it. If you atleast read this post I'm making now I want you to know that all your previous posts were greatly appreciated and helped me a lot.

@Serraionga Same goes to you as to @Railey2

If you really wanted you could have just asked me nicely through PM for a pic of how my face looks now and I might have sent you one..

To everyone else I want to state that I am actually coming here for help.. This is not easy for me and the reason behind this thread still being alive is that not just me but other people have shown interest and cared about the content. Reading this entire thread might even help someone else that is having the same feelings or problems as I have.. And to everyone who still wants me to keep fighting and post very nice messages over and over I cannot thank you enough.. It really helps me get through my day without thinking bad thoughts..

Thanks.
Blitzfrog
Railey, why are you so scared of getting tricked?
Railey2

Blitzfrog wrote:

i just don't like putting effort into something and then discovering that i fell for a joke, don't most people feel the same way?

When i feel like the chance of that happening goes up too much, i stop.

its not mean-spirited or anything, and i think that most people who ever considered whether someone was trolling or not can relate to that.
n0stamina

Railey2 wrote:

Blitzfrog wrote:

i just don't like putting effort into something and then discovering that i fell for a joke, don't most people feel the same way?.
If he was trolling well shit. I'd laugh be amazed that he got me n move on.
Rurree
It's okay. Whether he's trolling or not (I think he's not, what he's doing is way too much effort for "trolling") doesn't matter much since what I'm saying is available for others to take note upon anyway..
Topic Starter
T3ars_old

Madvillain wrote:

It's okay. Whether he's trolling or not (I think he's not, what he's doing is way too much effort for "trolling") doesn't matter much since what I'm saying is available for others to take note upon anyway..
Exactly what I tried to say..
vipto
Have you responded yet?
Topic Starter
T3ars_old
@vipto Yes! I have actually sat down and built up courage to go through with chatting with this girl I've met irl.. I'm taking it pretty slow and really thinking of what to reply so that I don't kill it while I'm trying to keep it interesting at the same time and so far it is working I think..

I have read this resource that Blitzfrog recomended(http://www.everydayhealth.com/columns/therese-borchard-sanity-break/10-quick-ways-to-calm-down/) and it is actually helping me a lot while typing and thinking of what to type.. What I think is pretty cool is that I tried pulling some jokes in the chat and I've got laughing responses which makes me feel that I was funny and she liked it.. It is a really cool feeling..

Though all this sounds like it is starting to go well I've now had some really bad thoughts following me while I'm putting it all to rest.. Like what when I achieve this goal of mine.. What will happend then.. Will I even become happy out of doing all of this? I called my dad and explained to him and it was pretty comforting, he said it was good of me to try pactice and fighting my problem.. I also tried explaining to him about how I feel.. The best way I can describe it is that there is a cloud of negativity following me all the time in my head.. It is really hard to put into words..

I'm thinking of inviting this girl I have been chatting with to a cup of coffee.. During the party I think that she noticed that I was pretty shy towards her and I just got the feeling that she understood me.. But at the same time I do not know how theese things work.. We've been chatting for like 2 days ~ maybe it is too early.. And she knows my friends.. What if I fuck it up.. It would be soo embarassing..

I'm having really mixed feelings right now..
vipto
Sounds good so far, I am glad you are able to help yourself feel better in some way. Take it slowly though, these kind of things need to settle for quite some time. Take it for what it is and don't over think.

As towards the girl you are talking to, make absolutely sure she's not messing with you. You're vulnerable from what I can tell. I see you are a nice and genuine person but that just leaves you open to being exploited.
Really make sure she's worth your trust or whatever and remember, a girl talking to you does not automatically mean she is into you, nor is meeting up to drink coffee. There isn't really anything you could fuck up.
Blitzfrog
Yeah

Victim of getting played by girls here. Just make sure you can back off if need to. Remember, girls are just like you, they're nothing scary really.
Topic Starter
T3ars_old
@vipto Yeah I think you're right! How can I notice if she is just messing with me? I don't really expect her to be into me or anything like that.. I just want to make a new friend that is a girl.. Saw this as a chance to practice speaking to one in real life..

@Blitzfrog Yeah.. I will try keep that in mind.. Thanks again for your links they are actually really good articles!

I think that I am going to ask this girl out for a coffee.. Not to try to hit on her but to try make a new friend.. Even though all of this is really making me go out of my way and feel a bit down.. Maybe it will get better.. Or worse..
Topic Starter
T3ars_old
2017-02-28 Update
I decided not to ask the girl out because my mood is swinging like a roller coaster right now.. One day I can feel strong and want to fight and actually have motivation to do something in life but the next I feel like it is just over.. It is really hard to explain to other people but the closest I can come is that I am so fucking scared of rejection or failure and I fucking hate myself for it.. I've been reading theese articles posted by nice people like Blitzfrog and trying to follow advice from really smart people here on the forum as well as other places on the internet but I simply don't know how to change.. how to fix it..

I need to pause with trying to be able to talk to girls.. To be happy with someone else you have to be happy with yourself first and I'm not fucking happy right now..

Lately it feels like I'm getting consumed by my dark / suicidal thoughts and it makes me feel even worse since I know that there is people that has it much worse in the world.. Why am I such a bitch..

I know that this is not healthy and I need to get help.. I'm just soo tired of it all.. I want to just go away from all people and live alone on an island or something..
Blitzfrog
Well that saying only works when your problem isn't social anxiety. If you avoid your problem, you ain't making yourself happy. Since you're unhappy because you can't talk, backing off and not trying to talk isn't going to help. Give it another shot dude.

OT support
Shota
I know this may not relate all too much about what the topic at hand is. But I was taught this by my helper. If you are in a panicked state and if you are alone or can put yourself in a setting where you are alone. Try doing this,** note it will sting, but it does work. **

Get a bucket or a bowl of ice cold water and dip DOWN aka bend into the water until your face stings. This will slow down your heart rate naturally (and the rest of your body) and will only take 1min or so to fix any sort of panic attack. Note this will not work if you pull your face out too soon or if you are not bending. What you are doing it putting your body into a survival state, making everything slow down so that it can focus on keeping itself alive.

So it will instantly relax your heart rate and you'll go back to normal in a flash. **however, it will be painful, but this is better than being in a panicked state**
lifeisonlydark

Shota wrote:

I know this may not relate all too much about what the topic at hand is. But I was taught this by my helper. If you are in a panicked state and if you are alone or can put yourself in a setting where you are alone. Try doing this,** note it will sting, but it does work. **

Get a bucket or a bowl of ice cold water and dip DOWN aka bend into the water until your face stings. This will slow down your heart rate naturally (and the rest of your body) and will only take 1min or so to fix any sort of panic attack. Note this will not work if you pull your face out too soon or if you are not bending. What you are doing it putting your body into a survival state, making everything slow down so that it can focus on keeping itself alive.

So it will instantly relax your heart rate and you'll go back to normal in a flash. **however, it will be painful, but this is better than being in a panicked state**
You know, you can die from that you retard
Blitzfrog

lifeisonlydark wrote:

Because people don't know to pull their face out when they are about to die
Shota

lifeisonlydark wrote:

I wouldn't have been recommended it by my helper if it wasn't safe. : ) Aren't you smart?

Blitzfrog wrote:

Thanks for defending me pal
lifeisonlydark

Shota wrote:

lifeisonlydark wrote:

I wouldn't have been recommended it by my helper if it wasn't safe. : ) Aren't you smart?

Blitzfrog wrote:

Thanks for defending me pal

You can fall into a shock and pass out, who's there to pull your head out then?

Also after reading this topic, my conclusion is that t3ars is pretty dumb.
Shota

lifeisonlydark wrote:

That's why you don't keep your face in for long you're just looking for dumb reasons to start a small flame war between me and blitz. It's perfectly safe, it's not like you are keeping yourself underwater for 4-5mins.

After reading your past few comments, I have come to the conclusion you are a judging person who looks down on others and believes they are better than everyone.
Blitzfrog

lifeisonlydark wrote:

Here I thought I was a Retard in life. Seems like I'm not doing so bad
Because shock factors comes into play when you prepare the scenario yourself
Railey2

Blitzfrog wrote:

lifeisonlydark wrote:

Here I thought I was a Retard in life. Seems like I'm not doing so bad
Because shock factors comes into play when you prepare the scenario yourself
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_shock_response
not
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acute_stress_reaction

shush
lifeisonlydark

Shota wrote:

lifeisonlydark wrote:

That's why you don't keep your face in for long you're just looking for dumb reasons to start a small flame war between me and blitz. It's perfectly safe, it's not like you are keeping yourself underwater for 4-5mins.

After reading your past few comments, I have come to the conclusion you are a judging person who looks down on others and believes they are better than everyone.
How is it "perfectly safe"? The fact that you could literally pass out and drown yourself isn't something I would call "perfectly safe". Do everyone a favor and stop giving absolute garbage advices.
Also, the fact that you conclude my personality after literally 2 comments makes me believe that you're even more retarded than I could comprehend. You're not an psychologist and you should stop pretending to be one, you obnoxious cunt
Blitzfrog

Railey2 wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shock_(circulatory)
not
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acute_stress_reaction

shush
You didn't get the joke.

lifeisonlydark wrote:

absolute garbage advices

lifeisonlydark wrote:

lifeisonlydark wrote:

I wonder why he judged you
I wonder why....
Railey2

lifeisonlydark wrote:

How is it "perfectly safe"? The fact that you could literally pass out and drown yourself isn't something I would call "perfectly safe". Do everyone a favor and stop giving absolute garbage advices.
Also, the fact that you conclude my personality after literally 2 comments makes me believe that you're even more retarded than I could comprehend. You're not an psychologist and you should stop pretending to be one, you obnoxious cunt
oh damn

@blitzfrog: Make better jokes then
Topic Starter
T3ars_old
@Shota Thanks for that advice.. I will read up on it a bit.. Might be good with some ways to get out of stress or panic attacks.

@lifeisonlydark What have I ever done to you? :(
Shota
"You're not an psychologist and you should stop pretending to be one"

I am giving advice a psychologist gave me, wow you're so smart. I'm not acting like one I'm just giving advice. 2 SMART 4 ME

T3ars wrote:

@Shota Thanks for that advice.. I will read up on it a bit.. Might be good with some ways to get out of stress or panic attacks.
I'm glad I could help bud : )
B1rd
What are you even on about, you don't pass out from dipping your face in ice-water.

Cold water raises blood pressure and makes you more alert. What some people actually have died from is drowning in a hot bath in combination with alcohol because they both lower blood pressure and can make you pass out.
Blitzfrog

T3ars wrote:

Nothing.
There are just those like him lurking around the internet. Judging by his username and his way of speech, probably had experiences that's not so nice and can't get out of it. So he tries to spread that feeling to others as well

B1rd wrote:

What are you even on about, you don't pass out from dipping your face in ice-water.
Probably referring to the ice bucket challenge.
Lots of people died from shock due to that
Railey2

Shota wrote:

"You're not an psychologist and you should stop pretending to be one"

I am giving advice a psychologist gave me, wow you're so smart. I'm not acting like one I'm just giving advice. 2 SMART 4 ME
he referred to your incredibly superficial judgment of his character, which you gave out after reading about 3 sentences from him in total. He wasn't referring to your conversation with T3ars.
B1rd

Blitzfrog wrote:

No. They didn't.
Railey2

B1rd wrote:

Cold water raises blood pressure and makes you more alert. What some people actually have died from is drowning in a hot bath in combination with alcohol because they both lower blood pressure and can make you pass out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_shock_response

this is actually the right one, thanks for pointing that out, hah
thats what i get for not paying enough attention. There you go.

The point still stands though, since Blitzfrog was clearly thinking of a different shock when he made his comment.
Blitzfrog

B1rd wrote:

Blitzfrog wrote:

No. They didn't.

Yeah they didn't, but he probably heard something about that

Railey2 wrote:

The point still stands though, since Blitzfrog was clearly thinking of a different shock when he made his comment.
Read the first sentence.....
lifeisonlydark

T3ars wrote:

T3ars you're acting like such a bitch.
In all your stories you overthink everything you encounter which makes me think you have autism.
If you can't handle simple situations in life, you should stop trying because it will only get worse for you the older you get.

Just fucking give up
show more