forum

How do I make up for the lack of a visual offset?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
OperaMini0
Unless I use a really fast scroll speed (18 speed with this skin = 416ms, I use ~500ms in LR2) that forces me to hit late, this is what my hits look like:

http://i.imgur.com/1ecPWhZ.png
http://i.imgur.com/j55cwXK.png

How do I fix this?
Yuudachi-kun
Increase the value of your hit position in skin.ini
Topic Starter
OperaMini0

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

Increase the value of your hit position in skin.ini
I already did that, that's why the red line is near the middle of the screen.
Edit: Forgot that increasing the hitposition lowers the red line's position on the screen. That doesn't solve anything either.
Yuudachi-kun
If you hit late and the bar is lower, you don't hit as late
Topic Starter
OperaMini0
I still hit late.
Yuudachi-kun
Do it again
Topic Starter
OperaMini0
My timing is still pretty far from the center.
Caput Mortuum
But you're hitting early
Topic Starter
OperaMini0

Eraser wrote:

But you're hitting early
Yes. In LR2, I can just adjust the visual offset by 16ms, 60ms or whatever it takes to time well depending on the computer and monitor. In osu!mania, I can't do that.
Evening
1) you're probably playing a song that has really bad offset
2) you should at least try increasing speed even though you don't want to
3) maybe you should tape a piece of paper on the top of the screen instead of shifting hitposition over and over again
4) your hitposition sprite is inaccurately rendered
5) you might want to try tampering with combo position, personally that affects me since I usually look at combo to stop locking my eyes on the notes
6) try a different skin (?)

edit: since you mentioned visual offset in LR2 in which osu doesn't have, you can try to skin the hitposition lower down by adding transparency
Full Tablet
The screenshots show you are hitting early.

As for the lack of visual offset, you can skin out the judgment line (skin.ini setting), and skin the mania-stage-hint so it looks like it points to other position instead of the real judgment line (add transparent space to the top of the image to make it appear lower, add transparent space to the bottom of the image to make it appear higher; the real judgment line is aligned to the middle of the mania-stage-hint)
Topic Starter
OperaMini0

Full Tablet wrote:

The screenshots show you are hitting early.

As for the lack of visual offset, you can skin out the judgment line (skin.ini setting), and skin the mania-stage-hint so it looks like it points to other position instead of the real judgment line (add transparent space to the top of the image to make it appear lower, add transparent space to the bottom of the image to make it appear higher; the real judgment line is aligned to the middle of the mania-stage-hint)
I moved mania-stage-hint 25 pixels lower, it works well at a normal speed but my timing is awful on songs with slow parts. (well, worse than it should be)
Topic Starter
OperaMini0