forum

Vic Mignogna - Dragon Soul (TV Size)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
Desu. I'll ask TheMikeAG about his stuff once he logs on.

Also, I just learned that if I highlight something and move my mouse, the highlighted word/phrase moves with me >w<~
D33d
Let's see... Very little to report here and this is largely me being a picky cunt.

[ztrot's Soul]

[00:25:093] (1,2,3) I'd prefer this pattern if it's changed to an equilateral triangle. The jumps are obviously suitable, but having that sort of variable spacing is pointless and silly, especially because the pattern precedes another jump anyway.

[00:28:241] (1,2,3) possibly the same here as well, but it's not as bad because the jumps are smaller. Either way, you would at least be able to have even spacing between (4,5,6).

[00:47:500] (5,6,7,8) make this not-wonky?

[Insane]

I don't like the "normal" circle size. It seems to complicate things unecessarily at this tempo. Circle size 4 would do here. If you want the easier difficulties' hit objects to be larger, then change them to 1.

[00:29:537] (6) Centre it on the x axis!

[00:31:204] (1,2,3,4,5) Centre this on the x axis and give it vertical symmetry!

[00:40:093] (1,2,3,4) I'm tempted to tell you to use something more original here or flip the triangle after this pattern, but that would be a bit too picky. Might I suggest flipping it vertically, so that (1,2) rises with the melody?

[00:43:056] (1,2,3,4) Possibly do that for the pattern after it as well? You could then move (2,4) so that they align with (6) in the following pattern. That would be damn sexy.

[00:53:612] (1,2,3) Flip this as well, so that it falls and then rises with the melody? I'm sorry to be so picky, but my musical sensibilities keep screaming in agony.

[theMikeAG's Hard]

Nothing to report!

[Normal]

Nothing to report!

[Easy]

Even nothinger to report!

[Ozzy's Taiko]

A taiko? You're having a Steffi Graf.

Nah, but seriously. I don't Taiko, ergo I can't say for sure what feels good or not.

Nice mapset. Star, of course.
theMikeAG
Yeah, I've updated my difficulty once again. Complete with epic 1/3 action. Yeah, yeah, YEAH.

Download: Vic Mignogna - Dragon Soul (TV Size) (CDFA) [theMikeAG's Hard].osu
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
I'll do d33d's thing in a bit. Thanks Mike-sama >W<~ .
Kiddo-Kun
VIC MIGDERPIDERP gets a star.

Damn short message crap >.>
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
Everything's done :3~ .
Sakura
I just realized, are u sure this mp3 is the correct one? it starts at a really weird cut off spot.
ztrot
in regards to the mp3 it was cut right out of nicktoons HD brodcasts so I cut teh GET ready to watch DBZ kai now! then music starts.
you can not get this song anywhere else sadly.
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
I'm still trying to figure out what jump I changed in ztrot's diff~.
Krisom
General.-
· You'll have to make the custom hitnormal a tad louder, since it's too soft and the hitsounds need a clearer feedback when playing.
· That'd be all here. Glad Sakura modded this before, the folder and General fields are always clean when she does ~

ztrot.-
00:06:945 (4,5) - I'd use sliders like this to make the pattern more noticeable, it took me a while to realize this was just 1/2 away and not 1/1
It's just a very minor thing. Very good diff, I liked it better than some of your own mapsets actually :3~

Insane.-
Tick rate 2 please, it would fix stuff like this and fill some very empty-sounding sliders.
00:13:427 (1,2) - May I suggest you to avoid the underlap of (2)'s end by making the sliders less wide? It should look a tad like this.
00:19:168 (1) - Expected this to have a whistle like the other offbeats on the same rhythm (the previous slider)
00:28:797 (4,5) - Either avoid the jump or make 00:25:834 (4,5) - a jump, since it's the same rhythm. May I suggest this?
00:29:537 (6) - A whisle on the start and the body fits very nicely
00:31:945 (5,6,7) - Felt a tad out of place, since the singer holds the note between (6)'s end and (7)'s start, it would make mroe sense to place a slider there, like in the previous patterns. Also, (6) is a tad ugly. If you do sliders like this, make sure they look like this.
00:34:167 (1,2,3,4) - Add hitsounds. I suggest Whistle on (2)'s head and body, clap on (2)'s end, whistle on (3) and clap on (4)'s start.
00:36:389 (7) - Finish on (7)'s end?
00:41:574 (5,6) - I'll be very bitchy and say that this is neither symmetrical, it's not a perfect blanket on (7) and the tiiiny overlaps on the slider starts can all be fixed easily. Uguu ~
00:45:463 (7) - Place it like a jump? It fits the melody. I suggest a vertical flip from (6)'s position
Good!

Ozzy.-
00:39:167 (4) - (K) instead of (D) sounds better imo

theMikeAG.-
Tick rate 2 please, see my comment on CDFA's difficulty.
00:31:574 (3) - Curve a tad more so it doesn't underlaps (2)
Very good actually, I'd go on ahead and nazi some patterns but that'd be me not liking slider-end stacks :P

Normal.-
00:11:204 (1) - Any chance of avoiding the underlap with (4)'s end?
00:34:723 (3) - Clap on the repeat? Those customs hitnormals are so soft it makes me wish a clap was there...
You did better on Insane, honestly.

Easy.-
00:26:019 (2) - Boop Whoop! Watch for the lower part of the slider, it goes slighty offscreen!
00:43:056 (1) - This slidershape really bugs me, can you try something more curvy at the top?
Nice.

Rechecks on Saturdays and Sundays only, you can get more modposts in the meanwhile.
Your message is not too short. Please do post messages like "star", and make sure you are not constructively adding to the thread in question.
EDIT: Sorry, star icon added.
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
I did mostly everything. I'll ask ztrot and ozzy about their things when they log on

Ilu >w<~.
OzzyOzrock
Answer is no :3

iqweriouqweroiuyriweyrqweyriqweyroqwyrouiweqyruiqweyiu`
theMikeAG
...I still hate tick rate 2 on my map... Oh well, here's my updated difficulty.
I added a new note at 00:32:130. Now, the map seems to flow better! ^_^

Download: Vic Mignogna - Dragon Soul (TV Size) (CDFA) [theMikeAG's Hard].osu
ztrot
Krisom if you like this you might love my current line of guest diffs. :D
phonic
Nice Map

Your map wishes Rnked certain.

This map lover ;)
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
I am ok with this .
Krisom
BAM!

(hope I didn't forget anything)
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
I am ok with this.

again.

ALSO HOLY GOD THIS ACTUALLY GOT BUBBLED OH MAN OH WOAH SOMEONE ACTUALLY MODDED IT OH NO OH MAN OH WOAH sorry ztrot for changing the hitsound ;~;
James2250
Can you change the tick rate to 2 on Normal?

It sounds fine on Easy with 1 but Normal has some fairly odd sounding parts with it, call me back after fixes and I will rank~
(Actually you didn't reply on irc so will nuke it :P)
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
I also made 00:12:500 (2) a bit better by having the y-axis intersect the tick, if that makes a difference.

But yeah <3
James2250
Your preview points and lead-in times are all approx 5 ms apart, should nuke the map right now

Anyway all looks good now
Ranked~
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
uguu <3~.
Charles445
look at that
OzzyOzrock
hohoho
Crimmi
:) Yay~ *Hugs*
theMikeAG
I'm VERY glad that I was allowed to contribute. I'd say that Hard is my best work ever. Congratulations CDFA!
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
Rating: 8.4

Not moe.

also ilu2 Mike-sama <3~
GuitarLegend327
Love this one. Easy to get 100% on Taiko easy. :)