forum

Vic Mignogna - Dragon Soul (TV Size)

posted
Total Posts
show more
ztrot
takio is alright but one part is just way too much overkill 00:14:167 (2,3,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - this part doesn't really fit with the rest of the maps flow could you please nerf this bit down?

Mikes hard:
00:11:019 (5) - outta place whistle.
00:41:574 (5) - ^
00:42:500 (7) - ^
they just felt tacked on and didn't match anything else you put out hitsound wise
OzzyOzrock

ztrot wrote:

takio is alright but one part is just way too much overkill 00:14:167 (2,3,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - this part doesn't really fit with the rest of the maps flow could you please nerf this bit down?
It's the keyboard sound rofl, knew someone would say something about it.

Download: Vic Mignogna - Dragon Soul (TV Size) (CDFA) [Ozzy's Taiko].osu
MADE IT WORSE
Katsuri
General Stuff/Comments
Diffs <3
Good map.
Make the lead in and the preview points consistent, on the ztrot's diff it's diffent. (Thanks arien666 :33)

Easy
It's perfect~

Normal
This diff is perfect too, but 00:53:612 (1,2,3) - these offbeat placed notes doesn't fit with all the Difficulty, I suggest you to add something like:
SPOILER
Rhythm

Pattern

288,128,53426,6,0,B|384:128,1,70
160,192,54537,2,0,B|64:192,1,70

Hard
Nothing~

Insane
00:31:389 (2) - Since, this combo's jumps are no sense, take a look:

00:51:945 (1) - Finish it ONE beat later (previously white risk) Because is impossible to see with half beat before next note.

ztrot's Soul
Just the mistakes I pointed on General, but it's perfect mapped.

Star x3
OzzyOzrock
DON KATU

Applied arien's small suggestion.

Download: Vic Mignogna - Dragon Soul (TV Size) (CDFA) [Ozzy's Taiko].osu
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
yaaay.

I should get this ranked. One day.

one day.
Suimya
= w=
Bobo_old
Star :D
RobotoRaccoon
:roll:
Charles445
Hey hey

Bolded means you must fix.
Italics are just comments, you can ignore them.

General
   The video file has sound! Remove the audio track! (I suggest using FormatFactory)

Easy
00:43:056 (3) - New combo
00:48:982 (5) - ^^
omg only 65k points that's hilarious

Normal
00:16:389 (1) - Make this parallel better

theMikeAG's Hard
Tickrate 2
00:51:760 (5) - The slider repeat is slightly hidden by the comboburst of the 3. Consider changing this.
You've come a long way mike

Insane
Tickrate 2
OD +2
HP +3 or +4
Increase the circle size. It's too small right now
00:48:982 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - This 1/3 part doesn't match ztrot's diff. Change this or the other diff.

Ozzy's Taiko
00:48:982 (2,3,4,1,1,1,1,2,1,1,1,2,1) - Combo breaker to the max, ugh

ztrot's Soul
Make the last inheriting section Soft so it doesn't pop
theMikeAG
[quote="Charles445"]
theMikeAG's Hard
Tickrate 2 Hmmm. I dunno. Personally, I think that tickrate 1 sounds better... Also, using tickrate 2 would raise the max score higher than Insane, which is kind of messed up. :P Hey CDFA! You need to tweak Insane's difficulty so that its max score is higher.
00:51:760 (5) - The slider repeat is slightly hidden by the comboburst of the 3. Consider changing this. I will consider this. But I'm on the verge of just saying, "Nah, this is Hard after all."
You've come a long way mike :) :) :)
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
I like my low difficulty settings. Also, fixing stuff.
Ekaru
Soul:

Nothing to say

Insane:

Some of the sliders look funny, but okay.

Hard:

00:02:686 (3,4,5) - This formation looks weird.
00:07:500 (1) - So does this slider
00:48:982 (1,2,3,4,5) - This part felt weird. Not very intuitive.
00:53:426 (1) - I think it would be better with this gone, but eh

Normal:

00:05:093 (3) - Not pretty
00:06:389 (4) - The overlap with (3) isn't that pretty, sorry
00:07:500 (1) - Also ugly
00:11:019 (1) - This spinner feels random
00:17:871 (2) - Uneven curve. Please fix
00:19:352 (1) - Not that pretty
00:20:278 (2) - Really, really weird and ugly-looking
00:31:945 (2) - This looks really, really wrong :X

Please put more effort into your sliders. Thank you.

Easy:

00:43:056 (1) - No.

Aside from your half-assed sliders in Normal, this is a pretty good mapset overall. Have a star.
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
I'll see if mike-sama wants to do stuff, but I did most of the stuff.

Yeah.
narakucrimson
Hi theeeere!

[General]
  1. I almost couldn't hear your normal-hitnormal. You should consider using something louder, at least hearable. Not hearing anything when you hit is so... Meh
  2. About your combo colours, the only one that I find proper is the yellow. Your orange seems too pale, and your blue seems too... Plain blue xD. Try these:
    SPOILER

[Colours]
    Combo1 : 255,217,0
    Combo2 : 255,91,21
    Combo3 : 5,70,239
[Easy]
  1. 00:13:426 (1) - The way this is overlapped by (3)... Is pretty aesthetical D: I don't, you should try placing it so that it is fully visible~
  2. Let me add a "Please" to the last point. But apart from that... There's nothing too wrong :T
[Normal]
  1. Nothing to mention, actually °-° This doesn't happen too often while modding :P
Actually... I didn't see anything wrong in the other difficulties... I don't know if it's that I just woke up or what xD
So I guess that means this is good. Please change the combo colours n.n
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
I'll change the combo colours when I feel like it. uguu~.
Sakura
[ztrot's Soul]
Considering this diff starts way earlier than the rest, consider adding an extra second of audio lead-in to what it currently has (that means setting it to 2.5 seconds)
00:51:204 (1) - Make the slider start and end point left and right respectively instead of down?

[Insane]
Increase dat hp drain
00:25:279 (1,2,3,4) - This is a bit too much...
00:31:204 (1,2,3,4) - ^
00:31:760 (4,5) - If you decide to not reduce the distance of the previous jumps, then increase this distance because this anti-jump is really unintuitive. (not like they ever were intuitive lol)

[theMikeAG's Hard]
00:06:389 (2,3) - The space between these 2 sliders feels empty, add a note?
00:51:760 (5) - Hidden reverse arrow

[Normal]
Remove "is kevjumba a heterosexual bear wrestler?" from tags
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
Since Sakku says my diff is crap, I'm deleting it. Here's the .osu if anybody wants it.

Download: Vic Mignogna - Dragon Soul (TV Size) (CDFA) [Insane].osu
Sakura
when did i say it was crap ._. i only said i didnt like it

orz was that too harsh?
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
re-added it because James was like "do it"

Also, the repeat slider being hidden is disputable. I'll ask TheMikeAG to look at it and see if he wants to change it.
James2250

CDFA wrote:

re-added it because James was like "do it"
~
(Also hey a short map for once)

-Remove the audio from your video to save filespace if possible

Easy:
00:28:982 (2) - might be nice flipped vertically so it mirrors 00:26:019 (2) more and doesn't overlap with 00:31:574 (1,2)

Normal:
00:26:574 (3,1) - space these out more
00:42:130 (6,1) - meh @ anti jump, I guess it's ok for the pattern

theMikeAG's Hard:
00:51:204 (3,4,5) - I wouldn't say it's unrankable but prob not the best idea to do

Insane:
-Why such a low HP Drain (even lower than Hard) do at least +1/+2 to make it more balanced between Hard and ztrot's difficulty
00:28:797 (4,5) - kind of odd to have increasing spacing before this then changing it back to regular spacing, keep the entire combo consistent

ztrot's Soul:
Looks good

No major errors, call me back after this is bubbled and I will recheck it for you :P
theMikeAG

James2250 wrote:

theMikeAG's Hard:
00:51:204 (3,4,5) - I wouldn't say it's unrankable but prob not the best idea to do
I didn't think the stack wasn't so bad... oh well, I've replaced it with a different pattern that doesn't stack. I hope it works.

Download: Vic Mignogna - Dragon Soul (TV Size) (CDFA) [theMikeAG's Hard].osu
theMikeAG
Lol. I can't believe I haven't modded this map myself yet.

~Easy~
00:51:204 (1) - Maybe place a clap at the end?

~Insane~
00:44:537 (5) - Maybe end this slider at 00:44:908 and place a note where it originally ended? Maybe do the same thing with 00:51:204 (3)? (although, it wouldn't make so much a difference.)

~ztrot's Soul~
00:43:426 (2,4) - Personally, the finishes here sound kind of bad. Remove?
00:54:537 (x) - Maybe add a note for the drum?

Fantastic Map, it was so good, that it even lured me in. Star (of course).
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
I'll talk to ztrot about his stuff when he isn't drunk out of his ass.
dkun
DRAGON SOULLLLLLL

modding key:
this is a suggestion
this is something I highly recommend
this is unrankable

ztrot's Soul
Nothing to say about this, except for the ztrot spacing.
/me runs

Insane
00:31:204 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - I'm sure you can make this look a bit better?
Those jumps are evilllll.

Ozzy's Taiko
I found this extremely fun. Great job!

Easy/Normal
Nothing to say as well.

General
Great job! Take a star.
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
The jumps used to be more evil. Then I made them tiny.

THIS MESSAGE IS TOO SHORT SO I WILL POST SOMETHING LONGER.
ztrot
looks good I really don't think any changes need to really be done to my diff,
so I'd keep it as is if that is okay?
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
The intention of this post is not to put "star" but rather to confirm that I have read ztrot's post and that my body is ready.
yeahyeahyeahhh
General:
- Not all the audio lead-ins are the same. ztrot's diff is 2.5, Hard has none, and the other diffs are 1.5. Make em all the same ya?

ztrot's diff:
- 00:48:982 (1) - This part is 1/3, please map it too 1/3. Its just bad play right now and throws the player off...

Hard:
- 00:48:982 (1,2,3,4,5) - Again, this part is 1/3, I personally think the part would be better mapped 1/3 as well.

Normal:
- 00:48:982 (5) - Go ahead and make this slider 1/3 repeat?

Don't stop, don't stop, we're in love now!
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
Desu. I'll ask TheMikeAG about his stuff once he logs on.

Also, I just learned that if I highlight something and move my mouse, the highlighted word/phrase moves with me >w<~
D33d
Let's see... Very little to report here and this is largely me being a picky cunt.

[ztrot's Soul]

[00:25:093] (1,2,3) I'd prefer this pattern if it's changed to an equilateral triangle. The jumps are obviously suitable, but having that sort of variable spacing is pointless and silly, especially because the pattern precedes another jump anyway.

[00:28:241] (1,2,3) possibly the same here as well, but it's not as bad because the jumps are smaller. Either way, you would at least be able to have even spacing between (4,5,6).

[00:47:500] (5,6,7,8) make this not-wonky?

[Insane]

I don't like the "normal" circle size. It seems to complicate things unecessarily at this tempo. Circle size 4 would do here. If you want the easier difficulties' hit objects to be larger, then change them to 1.

[00:29:537] (6) Centre it on the x axis!

[00:31:204] (1,2,3,4,5) Centre this on the x axis and give it vertical symmetry!

[00:40:093] (1,2,3,4) I'm tempted to tell you to use something more original here or flip the triangle after this pattern, but that would be a bit too picky. Might I suggest flipping it vertically, so that (1,2) rises with the melody?

[00:43:056] (1,2,3,4) Possibly do that for the pattern after it as well? You could then move (2,4) so that they align with (6) in the following pattern. That would be damn sexy.

[00:53:612] (1,2,3) Flip this as well, so that it falls and then rises with the melody? I'm sorry to be so picky, but my musical sensibilities keep screaming in agony.

[theMikeAG's Hard]

Nothing to report!

[Normal]

Nothing to report!

[Easy]

Even nothinger to report!

[Ozzy's Taiko]

A taiko? You're having a Steffi Graf.

Nah, but seriously. I don't Taiko, ergo I can't say for sure what feels good or not.

Nice mapset. Star, of course.
theMikeAG
Yeah, I've updated my difficulty once again. Complete with epic 1/3 action. Yeah, yeah, YEAH.

Download: Vic Mignogna - Dragon Soul (TV Size) (CDFA) [theMikeAG's Hard].osu
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
I'll do d33d's thing in a bit. Thanks Mike-sama >W<~ .
Kiddo-Kun
VIC MIGDERPIDERP gets a star.

Damn short message crap >.>
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
Everything's done :3~ .
Sakura
I just realized, are u sure this mp3 is the correct one? it starts at a really weird cut off spot.
ztrot
in regards to the mp3 it was cut right out of nicktoons HD brodcasts so I cut teh GET ready to watch DBZ kai now! then music starts.
you can not get this song anywhere else sadly.
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
I'm still trying to figure out what jump I changed in ztrot's diff~.
Krisom
General.-
· You'll have to make the custom hitnormal a tad louder, since it's too soft and the hitsounds need a clearer feedback when playing.
· That'd be all here. Glad Sakura modded this before, the folder and General fields are always clean when she does ~

ztrot.-
00:06:945 (4,5) - I'd use sliders like this to make the pattern more noticeable, it took me a while to realize this was just 1/2 away and not 1/1
It's just a very minor thing. Very good diff, I liked it better than some of your own mapsets actually :3~

Insane.-
Tick rate 2 please, it would fix stuff like this and fill some very empty-sounding sliders.
00:13:427 (1,2) - May I suggest you to avoid the underlap of (2)'s end by making the sliders less wide? It should look a tad like this.
00:19:168 (1) - Expected this to have a whistle like the other offbeats on the same rhythm (the previous slider)
00:28:797 (4,5) - Either avoid the jump or make 00:25:834 (4,5) - a jump, since it's the same rhythm. May I suggest this?
00:29:537 (6) - A whisle on the start and the body fits very nicely
00:31:945 (5,6,7) - Felt a tad out of place, since the singer holds the note between (6)'s end and (7)'s start, it would make mroe sense to place a slider there, like in the previous patterns. Also, (6) is a tad ugly. If you do sliders like this, make sure they look like this.
00:34:167 (1,2,3,4) - Add hitsounds. I suggest Whistle on (2)'s head and body, clap on (2)'s end, whistle on (3) and clap on (4)'s start.
00:36:389 (7) - Finish on (7)'s end?
00:41:574 (5,6) - I'll be very bitchy and say that this is neither symmetrical, it's not a perfect blanket on (7) and the tiiiny overlaps on the slider starts can all be fixed easily. Uguu ~
00:45:463 (7) - Place it like a jump? It fits the melody. I suggest a vertical flip from (6)'s position
Good!

Ozzy.-
00:39:167 (4) - (K) instead of (D) sounds better imo

theMikeAG.-
Tick rate 2 please, see my comment on CDFA's difficulty.
00:31:574 (3) - Curve a tad more so it doesn't underlaps (2)
Very good actually, I'd go on ahead and nazi some patterns but that'd be me not liking slider-end stacks :P

Normal.-
00:11:204 (1) - Any chance of avoiding the underlap with (4)'s end?
00:34:723 (3) - Clap on the repeat? Those customs hitnormals are so soft it makes me wish a clap was there...
You did better on Insane, honestly.

Easy.-
00:26:019 (2) - Boop Whoop! Watch for the lower part of the slider, it goes slighty offscreen!
00:43:056 (1) - This slidershape really bugs me, can you try something more curvy at the top?
Nice.

Rechecks on Saturdays and Sundays only, you can get more modposts in the meanwhile.
Your message is not too short. Please do post messages like "star", and make sure you are not constructively adding to the thread in question.
EDIT: Sorry, star icon added.
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
I did mostly everything. I'll ask ztrot and ozzy about their things when they log on

Ilu >w<~.
show more